The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 09-24-2007, 05:02 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
Telma Ortiz here at infanta Sofia Christenning
Bautizo de la Infanta Sofía
she is very beautiful smart, elegant
and discret............
Yes, because she lives in the Philippines.
Whenever she returns to Spain the press follows all her steps, if she does not manage to work at the far end of the world she would appear every week in the press, she wanted or not. Sad that " to be discreet " and to be calm you have to live in another country.
__________________

__________________
  #22  
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Duke, I do not agree in anything. Erika Ortiz and her husband, lived initially through the innovation of passing to be a family of a very important personage; to experience themselves and they went to a public act and commented on something for the press that they was chased every day. In a beginning, before a news like that there is normal the interest of the press and the dazzle of the family. There everything had be to end, and they separated totally of everything. They moved away from the press, but the press never made them calm.

They moved away from the public thing, but it did not prevent that the press was waiting for them at the edge of their house or the school of the girl, neither prevented that the press was mangling their life, which they was chasing for their separation and later for their new relations. They wanted to move away, but the press never allowed it to them. There is no doubt that the sister of the Princess did not want to be the center of attention, she did not want to see her exposed life, but the press did not respect it, and however much she was asking not to chase her, they continued doing it.

And for my worst thing of everything and what does not have defense it is the attitude of the press with the girl. Nothing justifies that the press harasses to a girl. And with the girl excuses do not exist. For 3 years they have recorded the girl when her mother or her grandmother were gathering her from the school, and even the girl has finished crying for the attitude of the press. Three days after the death of her mother, the press chased the girl. From the death of her mother, the family has been imposed in a strict way to prevent the girl from appearing in the television or the magazines ... even in the baptism of her cousin, they supported the girl isolated from the public eye. Last week appeared images in a magazine and in the television of the girl in the airport coming with her grandmother of vacations.

The press does not have right to impose the harassment on the persons. A thing, it is that for being who they are, before a news there become they do them some questions, and other one a daily harassment in all the aspects of their life.
I totally agree with you on Carla, I can't believe her picture is still shown in the papers and she still is being followed by the press. Not sure if law would prevent the media from chasing her if taken seriously, but on the other hand accusing or sueing the media would result in a worsening relationship between media / Letizia / Letizia's family / SRF? and this decision would certainly include Zarzuela.

Regarding the rest of the family, I believe the true problem is that they have to pose or expose themselves at family occasions such as christening etc and have to be friendly or it will backfire on Letizia. So even those who don't want to speak have to bear a certain amount of coverage because there is no other choice and the press knows. Especially in the beginning I thought that Antonio and Erika enjoyed the attention and gave the press something to talk about as both tried to gain some advantage in their professional careers - Antonio as a sculptor and Erika - who struggled anyway - having to rely on her relations to her sister of brother in law to get a job (first as Letizia's assistant, later Felipe helped to get her a job at Globo Media).

Best thing is keep a very low profile and do your own thing - but I agree that is easier said than done.
__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
In fact the situation is very simple, all the Princess of Asturias 's family is very discret but focused irrespectfully by the yellow press against their wishes and mainly against the most elementaries right to the respect of the private life - No comment about the consequences of this behaviour, please don't forget it!-
One, may be the less sympathetic - for no specific reasons, a kind of " bad faces's offence", the worst of the motivation- is using, in a certain way, this sudain "advertising" . It's consedering as a owful use of her link with a member of Royal Family because Henar Ortiz is doing some interview in decoration magazine. But somel questions: Is Henar Ortiz who is looking at Elle magazine or the opposite ? Is the contain of the interview suspicious about the elementary rules of the Real protocol? is Henar Ortiz doing the apology or so and so political party or current? is Henar Ortiz promoving directly her trademark by saying that the princess like it? and so on.

In a certain way, it seem that Henar Ortiz, who didn't have the possibility to do kown her " professionnal qualities" and her "artistic talent" up to now, is using the facilities giving by her link with the Princess of Asturias, is considering badly because in fact she has no true talent and because her professionnal activities are not so famous that she can be interviewed in a gret magazin as Elle. May be it's true but so what? I don't think that she has overcame the decency, isen't it?
__________________
  #24  
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
It is supposed that according to the law Carla should be protected, but the press has broken the law in numerous occasions. But the situation of the family is not easy, if they ask to the press or they force with a denunciation that fulfill the law, the press would make the life to them moreover impossible.

Assistant of Letizia? Erika never worked as assistant of the Princess. She began to be employed at the Spanish version of a magazine of art of the publishing house at which already she was employed, but this work was forcing her to relate to the press and because of it she changed work, in Globomedia her work was much more discreet. On the other hand I do not believe that anybody could affirm that her work in Globomedia obtained it across a friend of the Prince... ¿supposition? ¿gossip? ...she was not employed at an important place, only was designing sets. Globomedia was a producer company that in that moment was throwing a new channel of television, so I imagine that they would contract many people.
__________________
  #25  
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is supposed that according to the law Carla should be protected, but the press has broken the law in numerous occasions. But the situation of the family is not easy, if they ask to the press or they force with a denunciation that fulfill the law, the press would make the life to them moreover impossible.
This is what I meant, it will reflect on Letizia and I can understand that they don't take any action. On the other hand, it's hard to bear for a child. I never worry too much about adults in the spotlight as they can fight back but a seven year old girl is a different matter and it's hard to understand why the press does not respect - I am sure the public would understand if the family would put pressure on the media in Carla's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Assistant of Letizia? Erika never worked as assistant of the Princess.
Not officially but I recall that Erika helped Letizia in the beginning with a few issues. Further, Erika took over Letizia's flat and the press picked up on the topic as she did not (or was not able to) pay a mortgage therefore taking advantage. Not sure if it was true though.
__________________
  #26  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:14 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Not officially but I recall that Erika helped Letizia in the beginning with a few issues. Further, Erika took over Letizia's flat and the press picked up on the topic as she did not (or was not able to) pay a mortgage therefore taking advantage. Not sure if it was true though.
She is her sister, the logical thing is that they help themselves mutually, it does not mean that Erika was working for her sister, she had her work. On the flat, Erika and her family were living in house of Paloma Rocasolano, when the princess left her flat, her sister established in it. But initially the flat belong to Letizia, and she would come to the agreement that wanted with her sister.
__________________
  #27  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
She is her sister, the logical thing is that they help themselves mutually, it does not mean that Erika was working for her sister, she had her work. On the flat, Erika and her family were living in house of Paloma Rocasolano, when the princess left her flat, her sister established in it. But initially the flat belong to Letizia, and she would come to the agreement that wanted with her sister.
I don't critizise it, just wanted to point out that it's easy for the media to jump on stuff like that. Erika (and Antonio) were the ones with the unlucky CVs, compared to Telma, whose background did not give too much reason for gossip: does her own thing, earns her own money, doesn't ask for favours or advantages, doesn't speak to the press and doesn't live in Spain, maybe the best decision of all.
__________________
  #28  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
Precisely, because she does not live in Spain.

Though some of them also have had the intention of criticizing her for the minimal change in her life, as change Doctors without Border for Red Cross, or Cape Verde for Asia. Always there is some commentary before any news ... and it that realizes a solidary work. But evidently to criticize someone who does a work as her, it is not acceptable.
__________________
  #29  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
I don't know that Erika has helped Letizia at the begining of her new life after her engagement.
Please for my own curiosity in which field and for what Erika had been an assitant for Letizia? Interesting to know?
For the flat every body knows that since the begining, this fact dosen't seem to me a " passe droit", anybody - or quiet - will do the same thing, Regal or not, isen't it?
__________________
  #30  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
I don't know that Erika has helped Letizia at the begining of her new life after her engagement.
Please for my own curiosity in which field and for what Erika had been an assitant for Letizia? Interesting to know?
I repeat what I have said to Duke, not wherefrom he has extracted this history, but Erika has had no work or nothing seemed as assistant of her sister. She had her own work. Another thing is that how her sister she was helping in what was, but not differently at all to what they do anyone with her brother or her sister.
__________________
  #31  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I repeat what I have said to Duke, not wherefrom he has extracted this history, but Erika has had no work or nothing seemed as assistant of her sister. She had her own work. Another thing is that how her sister she was helping in what was, but not differently at all to what they do anyone with her brother or her sister.

As I share totally your point of vew, my question in fact was very precise because as I don't see in which Erika could have helped as assistant her sister, I should to know how and in which precise field she had done anything.

As also I'm interesting to Letizia since her engagement with Felipe, I don't remember any fact of this help. it's the reason why I'm asking to D of M what she knows about that, because as we can remark some time approximation are done whithout to check if it's true or not.
__________________
  #32  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
I don't know that Erika has helped Letizia at the begining of her new life after her engagement.
Please for my own curiosity in which field and for what Erika had been an assitant for Letizia? Interesting to know?
For the flat every body knows that since the begining, this fact dosen't seem to me a " passe droit", anybody - or quiet - will do the same thing, Regal or not, isen't it?
I read that Erika did stuff for her during the engagement time - maybe helped her getting her things sorted.

Again, I did not critizise it. I just stated that events like these, eg living in the flat of her sister, working at a company where Felipe knew the right guys etc will alert the press and everybody knew at that time that Erika was a bit struggling to make her own living, so she was an easy target for the press.
__________________
  #33  
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,677
I believe that the people speculate very much on desire to create polemics, and actually they trump a lot of information.

It is more I have remembered where this hypothesis appeared and why. One of the associates of Globomedia Emilio Aragon, is a very famous personage, and he was in the wedding of the Princes, but the certain thing is that never there has been a news on which they were very good friends, acquaintances yes, but nothing more. It is more, I don´t know if the guest was he, or was his wife belonging to an important family of ophthalmologists of Asturias that has attended several members of the Royal Family (this information is not known for many people).

Another information not known for many people, is that a young actor who goes several years being employed at one of the more famous of Globomedia's serie of television is a relative of the Princess.

Erika Ortiz on having started being employed at Globomedia, passed to have a more discreet work, but also of lower category. Nobody stands out realizing sets for television, and I do not believe that she had a great salary.
Her arrival to Globomedia, it coincided with a moment with that the producer was throwing a new channel of television, and contracted many people. The associates of this channel of television are near to the socialist goverment .... and I will say to you that it does not stand out precisely for being "very monarchic".
__________________
  #34  
Old 09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I read that Erika did stuff for her during the engagement time - maybe helped her getting her things sorted.
I have to say to you something that you have to know vey well whatever your profession, your level studies, the field in wich you are working, when you say to justify an idea or worst an affirmation that yo have " read" something, you can't go on in your explanation whithout to give your sources and the precise references. If you don't do like that it's totally irrevelant


Everyboy can say " I read that something is happened, or that the Queen EII is the assistant of Tony Blair or Wiston Churchill was the secret secretary of Nehru and other stupidities" if you don't say in wich book or newspapers you have read that your observation is absolutly whithout any value.

For example when you make a University thesis you have to work on documents of " premières mains" to have a good graduation and you are obliged to give all your sources, it's question of intellectual honesty
__________________
  #35  
Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Especially in the beginning I thought that Antonio and Erika enjoyed the attention and gave the press something to talk about as both tried to gain some advantage in their professional careers - Antonio as a sculptor and Erika - who struggled anyway - having to rely on her relations to her sister of brother in law to get a job (first as Letizia's assistant, later Felipe helped to get her a job at Globo Media).

Best thing is keep a very low profile and do your own thing - but I agree that is easier said than done.
Erika was never Letizia's assistant. Paloma and Telma were helping Letizia packing, not Erika. Erika worked for an Italian Arts Dealer at the time of engagement, there is no proof that she got this job through Felipe's connection and she didn't need promotion herself either. I think Hola interview was more of Antonio Vigor's idea, since he mentioned that 'artists need promotion' (don't remember exactly his words). Afterwards, they got lots of criticism in the media. If this had happened to other CPsses' siblings, most people would not care, but Spain is different.
__________________
  #36  
Old 09-25-2007, 04:29 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
I read that Erika did stuff for her during the engagement time - maybe helped her getting her things sorted.

I have to say to you something that you have to know vey well whatever your profession, your level studies, the field in wich you are working, when you say to justify an idea or worst an affirmation that yo have " read" something, you can't go on in your explanation whithout to give your sources and the precise references. If you don't do like that it's totally irrevelant


Everyboy can say " I read that something is happened, or that the Queen EII is the assistant of Tony Blair or Wiston Churchill was the secret secretary of Nehru and other stupidities" if you don't say in wich book or newspapers you have read that your observation is absolutly whithout any value.

For example when you make a University thesis you have to work on documents of " premières mains" to have a good graduation and you are obliged to give all your sources, it's question of intellectual honesty
Oh, please give me a break adelaide. This is a forum where people share thoughts and information about royals but not write a dissertation. Even if there is a precise source there is always the question of credibility.

In this case, I did not spread a nasty rumour or critizised Letizia's family and I did not say that the media's behaviour was right. So if it is not true that Erika helped Letizia with certain things, fine, I accept that and apologize - but this doesn't change the message I wanted to bring across. It was just one of many examples for how the media will jump on people like Erika who are not as independent as Telma or have some breaks in their CV. The media does not care if things are correct or not, we read false information every day and have no chance to find out if a certain story is true or not. I don't say it's good but it's the sad reality.
__________________
  #37  
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
[quote=Duke of Marmalade;671638]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post

Oh, please give me a break adelaide. This is a forum where people share thoughts and information about royals but not write a dissertation. Even if there is a precise source there is always the question of credibility.

In this case, I did not spread a nasty rumour or critizised Letizia's family and I did not say that the media's behaviour was right. So if it is not true that Erika helped Letizia with certain things, fine, I accept that and apologize - but this doesn't change the message I wanted to bring across. It was just one of many examples for how the media will jump on people like Erika who are not as independent as Telma or have some breaks in their CV. The media does not care if things are correct or not, we read false information every day and have no chance to find out if a certain story is true or not. I don't say it's good but it's the sad reality.

A last word of your tormentor: I can''t beleive that people with an average
comprehension are taking as true all that they read in a certain press which is famous for its lies or specious informations ( when I say informations I'm too kind, in fact it's only hotchpotch very near of the garbage bags. Somtimes, I'm totally when I'm reading the results of the journalists's imagination about some facts very well know. But as you say it's sad but it's the life, isen't it?
__________________
  #38  
Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,356
[quote=adelaide;671694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post


A last word of your tormentor: I can''t beleive that people with an average
comprehension are taking as true all that they read in a certain press which is famous for its lies or specious informations ( when I say informations I'm too kind, in fact it's only hotchpotch very near of the garbage bags. Somtimes, I'm totally when I'm reading the results of the journalists's imagination about some facts very well know. But as you say it's sad but it's the life, isen't it?
I get your point adelaide but for me the problem is what media can I trust these days? I am not talking about silly stories like Letizia expeting twins or Leonor's deseases. Even the more serious press picks up on rumours these days, probably to make money, attract new readers etc so even if a so called serious source is behind an article there is no guarantee that the content is true. Information has become manipulative and is used for own purposes by everybody who issues - be it the yellow press, the more or less serious media or even the communication staff at Zarzuela.

So it's difficult to base information on facts, let alone on this forum, it would be closed immediately if only credible sources (defined by the moderators?) were allowed
__________________
  #39  
Old 09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Henar Ortiz is a golddiger whom nobody knew of professionally before her niece's marriage, she was "so talented" that was killing flies in front of the kiosk untill 2004, now she has a boutique, she wears designer clothes and have gone trought the mother of all makeovers.

Not to mention her interviews, the fact she called herself a principessa on Italy and if anything never took the time to rectified it, belong to Lions Clubs, goes to the Prince of Asturias Prizes, etc etc etc and now her great great grandpa was an English Dandy LOL, she's omnipresent, some people will justified everything when it comes to Letizia or her family, if she weren't Letizia's aunt will she ever being on Elle magazine? Allow me to ROLFMAO.

Engagement's days, she's the third from left to right just in case Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Source Farabola.
__________________
  #40  
Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
Henar Ortiz is a golddiger whom nobody knew professionally before her niece's marriage, she was "so talented" that was killing flies in front of the kiosk untill 2004, now she has a boutique, she wears designer clothes and have gone trought the mother of all makeovers.

Not to mention her interviews, the fact she called herself a principessa and similar stuff, some people will justified everything when it comes to Letizia or her family, if she weren't Letizia's aunt will she ever being on Elle magazine? Allow me to ROLFMAO.
For the princess title as you know it's not her but the fear of Firenze 's administration which did it. We have to mention that if we want to have an intellectual honesty landscape.

For the talent of Henar Ortiz it looks effectivily that we can have a some doubts but what's the matter? It's not a criminal action and even if this woman is using more or less the fact that she is the Princess's aunt to improve her "little trading", really what's the matter?

As I said yet she isn't the most sympthetics relatives of the Princess of Asturias for not very founded reasons, it's not for that that we have to be after her and stigmatise her lack of genious. It's absolutly obvious that if henar Ortiz would have talent it would be knowed, but who knows it exists also unknowned artist....
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013 Empress Current Events Archive 394 05-06-2013 11:33 AM
Princess Alexandra, News and Picture Thread 3 (February 2006 - September 2008) Alexandria Current Events Archive 169 09-12-2008 09:15 AM
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 368 02-26-2008 11:26 AM
Princess Margarita & Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, News 1 (February 2003-February 2008) Jacqueline Current Events Archive 298 02-19-2008 04:30 PM
Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 2: May 2006 - September 2007 Anna_R Current Events Archive 190 09-14-2007 06:51 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary current events danish royals diana duchess of cambridge fashion dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympic games ottoman palace pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]