Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 2: May 2006 - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Carla semas not to enjoy photographers, she must be going through a very difficult time now!! Maybe Telma is in Spain for the birth of her new niece!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for telling us about it, Rhapsody! :flowers: I wander if Telma arrives to Spain when her new niece is born or, as it was in Leonor's case, not until the christening.

thanks paty and LaChica! Telma is still here in the Philippines as i just saw her yesterday, so if she doesn't fly out this weekend, then maybe she will be present at the christening. ;)

Many thanks RhapsodyBrat for the new. What an experience !
Ror Thelma life goes on too and that's a good thing !

a birthday without Thelma.... SAD.

RhapsodyBrat said:
i don't want to sound like i'm some paparazzi stalker or anything, but yesterday i saw Telma Ortiz at Instituto Cervantes de Manila.
That's so cool, RhapsodyBrat. How exciting! After reading some bits about her in the internet, it would certainly feel special to see the person in the flesh. If I were in your place where Telma shows up unexpectedly, I am not sure if I'd be able to contain myself from giving her that surprised look that says "I recognize you" :lol: As I'm sure she enjoys the anonymity especially outside the Spanish circles here in Manila, I have a feeling that she might be surprised to see Filipinos who actually know who she is in relation to Spain's royal family (and that Spain has a royal family, for that matter!) :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
hey you guys--

i don't want to sound like i'm some paparazzi stalker or anything, but yesterday i saw Telma Ortiz at Instituto Cervantes de Manila. i was there yesterday to attend the lecture on TV journalism conducted by Rosa Maria Calaf, TVE Internacional's chief correspondent in Asia-Pacific (the reporter with pink hair, just perfect for her name :D). i was seated near the door and she came in a little late, the lecture had started. at first i wasn't sure it was her, but looking at her profile and her smile i was sure it was her. she was there with some friends from work and she also knew some of the folks at Instituto. after the lecture she went to talk to Ms. Calaf, and i think they're close acquaintances.

she was absolutely beautiful. rather tall and slim. the press photos we see of her don't give away much about her eyes, but when i saw her yesterday her eyes were really lovely (they were green).

okay, that'll be all. :flowers:

Thanks to share with us your meeting. I think that you can mesure how people are "de visu" and not only by pics or vides. Certainely the "presence" of the the two eldest Ortiz rocasolano 'sister is tremandous. All of them are ( was for thr poor Erika) absolutly wonderful and marevellous women but the two eldest have a something spacial - Yes , Letizia and Thelma- which make her very noticeble Ladies.

Remember the Thelma's shots for the wedding of her sister: a splendid woman!:flowers:

kartheina said:
That's so cool, RhapsodyBrat. How exciting! After reading some bits about her in the internet, it would certainly feel special to see the person in the flesh. If I were in your place where Telma shows up unexpectedly, I am not sure if I'd be able to contain myself from giving her that surprised look that says "I recognize you" :lol:

tell me about it! i actually saw her again yesterday at the Día del Libro festivities at Instituto Cervantes. i was there yesterday because i had a class during the morning then stayed for the rest of the day, hoarding books for me and a friend and gathering four roses in the process. Telma arrived a little after 2 pm i think and helped out at one of the booths selling books. i was able to buy two books from her. :D i felt really silly and i couldn't stop smiling because i can't believe i'm seeing her up close. Señor Manolo was telling me to come back for my change later but i couldn't comprehend him at all because i kept looking at her. they were able to come up with change for me, anyway.

kartheina said:
As I'm sure she enjoys the anonymity especially outside the Spanish circles here in Manila, I have a feeling that she might be surprised to see Filipinos who actually know who she is in relation to Spain's royal family (and that Spain has a royal family, for that matter!) :)

i know! if i do actually meet her i don't think i'd be able to tell her that i know who she is. i mean, later on you're probably bound to confess but you don't want to sound like a gossip. after all, she's here in the country to work and as you've said, she probably enjoys the privacy and anonymity that she gets and i for one do not want to ruin that.

adelaide said:
Thanks to share with us your meeting. I think that you can mesure how people are "de visu" and not only by pics or vides. Certainely the "presence" of the the two eldest Ortiz rocasolano 'sister is tremandous. All of them are ( was for thr poor Erika) absolutly wonderful and marevellous women but the two eldest have a something spacial - Yes , Letizia and Thelma- which make her very noticeble Ladies.

oh yes, she is absolutely noticeable because she is beautiful, but she's very quiet with her ways. i think she's careful not to call any attention on herself.

btw, her eyes were greenish-hazel, not entirely green at all.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RhapsodyBrat said:
tell me about it! i actually saw her again yesterday at the Día del Libro festivities at Instituto Cervantes.
Good for you, RhapsodyBrat! I dropped by Instituto Cervantes a little before noon but I stayed only long enough to grab a few books myself. It sounds like I should have hung out a bit. Unfortunately, I had somewhere to go to after that. Anyway, do keep us posted of your Telma-sightings :D

RhapsodyBrat said:
oh yes, she is absolutely noticeable because she is beautiful, but she's very quiet with her ways. i think she's careful not to call any attention on herself.

btw, her eyes were greenish-hazel, not entirely green at all.

;)

Maybe she knows a few Tagalog words now especially we have borrowed Spanish words. Next time you see her try to talk to her in Spanish or Tagalog. Who knows maybe you can score some gossips;).

biboquinhas said:
Little Carla semas not to enjoy photographers, she must be going through a very difficult time now!! Maybe Telma is in Spain for the birth of her new niece!!!!!!!!!!

Carla has always been very shy, I saw pictures of her late mother Erika holding her the same way as grandma did in the pictures. I think Paloma has changed the most since the death of Erika. She used to be so smiling and energetic, now she appears sad and tired. Erika and Carla had the most presense in Paloma's daily life before, now she goes home from work without seeing Carla running around and maybe often has to eat dinner by herself, that's about the hardest part to overcome.

Of course, Mrs. Rocasolano must be very sad, and look tired. Her daughter died so little time ago. Just think how she must be feeling. Of course, her granddaughter Carla must be a great relief for her, and she must bring a lot of happiness in her life...But the little one can make her to remember her daughter Erika too...adding to this that Carla herelf must be sadened for her mother is gone.

The situation is far from being easy.:neutral:

Vanesa.

she goes home from work without seeing Carla running around and maybe often has to eat dinner by herself, that's about the hardest part to overcome.

I think her parents are still with her, though, hopefully to help ease the lonliness and sadness of this time.

In television they have emitted a images of Paloma and her parents coming to the Zarzuela, probably they celebrated there the birthday with the Princess and the girls.

In television they have emitted a images of Paloma and her parents coming to the Zarzuela, probably they celebrated there the birthday with the Princess and the girls.

Really? THat's great, so sweet. it sure doesn't happen everyday that you can celebrate your grandfather of greatgrandfather's 90 birthday. It's quite a big deal. I;m sure they had much fun. Can you tell us in which program it was showed Lula?

Really? THat's great, so sweet. it sure doesn't happen everyday that you can celebrate your grandfather of greatgrandfather's 90 birthday. It's quite a big deal. I;m sure they had much fun. Can you tell us in which program it was showed Lula?

They have put the images of the car in several programs of television. According to some journalists in several occasions have commented, is habitual that the Princess organizes familiar lunchs in her house some weekends.

thanks paty and LaChica! Telma is still here in the Philippines as i just saw her yesterday, so if she doesn't fly out this weekend, then maybe she will be present at the christening. ;)

Hi RhapsodyBrat,

Since you have seen Telma on several occasions, could you guess on her height? Was she wearing heels? It's hard to tell from photos how tall people are but I think Telma and Letizia are the same height. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Best regards,

Ayvee

The last weekend Letizia was in Madrid and she celebrated the grandparent's birthday in Madrid while the Prince Felipe was in Mallorca in the Breitling Cup.
In Mallorca we are waiting for all the Royal Family because de King's Cup is coming!.
The King's Cup Sail will be from July 30 to August 4 in the Royal Nautical Club of Palma de Mallorca

- EL MUNDO | Suplemento cronica 613 - Santiago Martín/ Jorge y Alberto/ Telma Ortiz

Telma Ortiz

SHE CAME to the baptism of her niece, the infanta Sofía, and portrayed in Palace. The elegant Telma immediately returned to her life in The Philippines ... with "diplomatic" visa Hours after finishing the ceremony of the baptism of her last niece, the infanta Sofía, Telma Ortiz returned to her work in the Technical Office of Cooperation of the Spanish Agency of Cooperation (Aeci) in The Philippines, an organism dependent on the State Department. Telma was moving away from the pomp and from the privileges of the palace, from the photos between kings and princes, to return to her daily reality in another different well place. Asia is for two years her place of work and of residence, there she lives with her supposed boyfriend, Enrique, delegated of the Red Cross in Manila. Both share flat and the same interest for the international cooperation.

lula thanks for posting the article link:flowers: I like reading things like this
I'm a great fan of Telma

Hi RhapsodyBrat,

Since you have seen Telma on several occasions, could you guess on her height? Was she wearing heels? It's hard to tell from photos how tall people are but I think Telma and Letizia are the same height. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Best regards,

Ayvee

she's most probably around 5'7" or 5'8". she wasn't wearing heels on both occassions that i saw her. she seems tiny when standing beside the members of the SRF as they're all very tall, but here she looks tall (but that's because we Filipinos are small people.:D).

hope i was able to help!

- EL MUNDO | Suplemento cronica 613 - Santiago Martín/ Jorge y Alberto/ Telma Ortiz

Telma Ortiz

SHE CAME to the baptism of her niece, the infanta Sofía, and portrayed in Palace. The elegant Telma immediately returned to her life in The Philippines ... with "diplomatic" visa Hours after finishing the ceremony of the baptism of her last niece, the infanta Sofía, Telma Ortiz returned to her work in the Technical Office of Cooperation of the Spanish Agency of Cooperation (Aeci) in The Philippines, an organism dependent on the State Department. Telma was moving away from the pomp and from the privileges of the palace, from the photos between kings and princes, to return to her daily reality in another different well place. Asia is for two years her place of work and of residence, there she lives with her supposed boyfriend, Enrique, delegated of the Red Cross in Manila. Both share flat and the same interest for the international cooperation.

Wow, she did not even stay for grandpa's birthday. I can perfectly understand that she is annoyed by the whole media thing and wants to get back to her world. Must be hard for Letizia not to have her sister(s) around so I guess her bond to Paloma has become even closer.

Wow, she did not even stay for grandpa's birthday. I can perfectly understand that she is annoyed by the whole media thing and wants to get back to her world. Must be hard for Letizia not to have her sister(s) around so I guess her bond to Paloma has become even closer.

Thelma was in Spain several weeks when Erika died, now she has been one week ... she is a normal worker and she will have a limit of vacations a year, as all. She has chosen a type of life that forces her to live far from her family, but this it is her option.

While she had two sisters in Madrid, they were assuming the familiar charges, but with Letizia's marriage, the things returned to change, and it happened to plunge more Erika. Now with Erika's death, she is Letizia who tries to return to assume them, though she has an already enough complicated and limited life. Jesus Ortiz has re-done his life, has a new wife ... but a daughter has lost, probably already he cannot see his granddaughter so much like before and with Leonor or Sofia will never be able to do what he was doing with Carla. The grandmother Menchu is a relatively independent woman, but to lose, a daughter, a husband and a granddaughter in a few years and to her age, makes age anyone. Paloma is alone and with the responsibility of taking care to her parents, very old and with delicate health (her brother lives out of Spain).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom