Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 2: May 2006 - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
donnaK said:
Paloma could have helped out taking care of Leonor when Felipe and Letizia were away from Madrid or abroad like Mette-Marit's mother or Mathilde's mother did with their royal grandchildren. So far I haven't heard anything about it, only the other Paloma on the press mentioning Menchu. Perhaps Paloma is very occupied with Erika's daughter Carla. Erika seems to be very dependent on her mother to take care of Carla.

I imagine that it is a question that also depends on the life on each one. Paloma takes care sometimes of Carla and also of her parents that they are old persons. Not to which the mothers of Mette Marit or Mathilde dedicate their life, but Paloma is a woman who besides her familiar obligations has to work to live, still she is a young woman, and does not live retired. She has a work, and I do not believe that she could leave it to take care of her granddaughter. ;)

lula said:
I imagine that it is a question that also depends on the life on each one. Paloma takes care sometimes of Carla and also of her parents that they are old persons. Not to which the mothers of Mette Marit or Mathilde dedicate their life, but Paloma is a woman who besides her familiar obligations has to work to live, still she is a young woman, and does not live retired. She has a work, and I do not believe that she could leave it to take care of her granddaughter. ;)

So she couldn't even take a couple of days off because of the family obligation, such as when Felipe and Letizia travelled to China ? I know she has a job, I have never said she should take care of Leonor fulltime, neither did the mother of Mette-Mairt or Mathilde take care of their grandchildren fulltime. But they did help out sometimes when their daughters were away, Paloma could have done the same in my opinion. Not a big deal if she doesn't. That's her life, she can have her priorities. I was just telling my observations.

donnaK said:
So she couldn't even take a couple of days off because of the family obligation, such as when Felipe and Letizia travelled to China ? I know she has a job, I have never said she should take care of Leonor fulltime, neither did the mother of Mette-Mairt or Mathilde take care of their grandchildren fulltime. But they did help out sometimes when their daughters were away, Paloma could have done the same in my opinion. Not a big deal if she doesn't. That's her life, she can have her priorities. I was just telling my observations.

She has a normal work as any person, cannot ask days when she attracts, because the days for that she asks out of her vacations she has to justify them, and she is not also reasonable that fits her vacations to the agenda of the Princes. She is a normal person, with a normal work, and therefore she has to adjust to the procedure. And she has to work because she needs money to live. If the whole world was stopping being going to work when she desires the world it would be a disaster.:wacko: To take care of Leonor is either a need or an urgency, because the Princes beside having babysitter have the Kings living to the side. To take care of a granddaughter is slightly urgent, since it can be have a relative joined a hospital.

Not if the mothers of other Princesses work or not out of her houses, probably do not do it and because of it they have more free time. Neither if any Princess has still grandparents, major persons with delicate health to those who exist that also it is necessary to take care.

Last edited:
lula said:
Not if the mothers of other Princesses work or not out of her houses, probably do not do it and because of it they have more free time. Neither if any Princess has still grandparents, major persons with delicate health to those who exist that also it is necessary to take care.
Mette-Marits mother is 69 years old and therefor two years past the Norwegian retirement age, she used to work in a bank though. Her grandparents are all dead AFAIK. Mathildes mother is born in 1946 and according to this post she worked as a nurse until her children was born

Larzen said:
Mette-Marits mother is 69 years old and therefor two years past the Norwegian retirement age, she used to work in a bank though. Her grandparents are all dead AFAIK. Mathildes mother is born in 1946 and according to this post she worked as a nurse until her children was born

Thank you Larzen for the information:flowers: . With them I come to the conclusion from that none of the two works at present. The pensionable age in Spain they are 65 years, and Paloma has approximately 55 (I do not know it with accuracy in this moment:wacko: ), so still she still has many years, to be able to stop working.

Last edited:
I will say again that just because we don't see pictures or read anything in the papers about it doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
lula said:
I hope it also:) . There is no image with the family of her mother, except those of the baptism, because ultimately this summer they have not even gone to Asturias. I hope that when the girl grows a bit we could see them; there is many photos of Jesus and Paloma with Carla, and they are a few marvellous grandparents who take care and play it very much with her. Already I have read in some magazines the same commentary, with photos of them playing with Carla and the commentary of the journalist of which waits to see them at some time with Leonor of the same form

Carla is what? Four or five years old? Older than that? It is much easier to be out and about with a girl than a baby of Leonor's age. On the same note, it is much harder to keep someone of Carla's age at home and to entertain her there. A little girl (or boy) that age is active and gets bored easily at home, especially if it is the home of adults who don't have many toys to play with. Someone Leonor's age can easily be kept at home and entertained for hours by her grandparents.

planetcher said:
I will say again that just because we don't see pictures or read anything in the papers about it doesn't necessarily means that it doesn't happen.

I agree. There is a lot we don't see of the private lives of royals but that doesn't mean that they don't happen. For a few weeks Felipe and Letizia were able to have a private vacation at the end of August -- how do we know that Letizia's family didn't meet up with them then or that when Felipe and Letizia are off at royal engagements her family doesn't visit with Leonor?

We have all learned what the press can be like. The stories they can make up that are untrue and outrageous in the least. Remember in the summer when the press started the story about the King not liking Leonor because she was Letizia's daughter? What happened a few days later? Very public pictures of little Leonor playing with her grandfather, the King. The media has a way of taking an innocent moment or isolated situation and blowing it into the greatest uproar that ever existed. :bang:

lula said:
She has a normal work as any person, cannot ask days when she attracts, because the days for that she asks out of her vacations she has to justify them, and she is not also reasonable that fits her vacations to the agenda of the Princes. She is a normal person, with a normal work, and therefore she has to adjust to the procedure. And she has to work because she needs money to live. If the whole world was stopping being going to work when she desires the world it would be a disaster.:wacko: To take care of Leonor is either a need or an urgency, because the Princes beside having babysitter have the Kings living to the side. To take care of a granddaughter is slightly urgent, since it can be have a relative joined a hospital.

What an exaggeration by you ! I don't need to be told about those blah blah big words on how this world goes since it doesn't apply here. I had never said that Paloma had to tailor her vacation schedule to the agenda of the Princes, however it's not uncommon for grandparents to help out occasionally when the parents are away. Felipe and Letizia went to China for 2-3 days, likely they wouldn't have a similar trip the rest of the year. So a job and older parents is not the reason for not being able to help occasionally :cool:.
I have never suggested what Paloma should do, only she could do. I already said it was not a big deal if she was not available, just shared my impressions.

Last edited:
donnaK said:
What an exaggeration by you ! I don't need to be told about those blah blah big words on how this world goes since it doesn't apply here. I had never said that Paloma had to tailor her vacation schedule to the agenda of the Princes, however it's not uncommon for grandparents to help out occasionally when the parents are away. Felipe and Letizia went to China for 2-3 days, likely they wouldn't have a similar trip the rest of the year. So a job and older parents is not the reason for not being able to help occasionally :cool:.
I have never suggested what Paloma should do, only she could do. I already said it was not a big deal if she was not available, just shared my impressions.

I continue without understanding you. The Princes do not need any any help, and Paloma can visit her granddaughter when she wants. I do not believe that it is a need that she dedicates 3 days or one week to being exclusively with her granddaughter. The Princes this year have reduced some trips, but besides China, already days have passed days out of house, and they have travelled to Bulgaria or Portugal (the trip to Israel was cancel). They are many trips during the year.

And I do not exaggerate, the persons have a few days of vacations a year, and out of these days, it is not so easy to have any more days, because the reasons to ask for them must be well-taken. Paloma does not stop working to take care of Carla, she works in the morning and in the evenings she gathers the girl in the schooll. When she was born Leonor did not even stop working, she was working in the morning and when she was going out of the work was visiting her daughter and her granddaughter.

The grandparents help to take care to the grandsons, clearly that yes, but normally it happens because the grandparents already are withdrawn and do not work. If the grandparents work they are in the same situation that the parents, and the children end in child-cares ... or how it was Carla's case taken care by her great-grandfathers.

Article from DiezMinutos.com about Erica:

http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/carticulos/155652.html

Érika Ortiz and Antonio Vigo have carried out a cold encounter after some time without seeing itself. The small sister of Doña Letizia and the escultor, whose rupture confirmed month of May the past, seated in a bank of the street near the new house of Antonio, to the outskirts of Madrid. There, the pair began to discuss its differences. Érika gestured constantly to stress what it was explaining of word, while their ex- ones, in a while determined, turned and gave the back to the young person, demonstrating to him thus its indifference. Back are now seven years which they have shared the sister of Princess de Asturias and the escultor, who are parents of Car it, of six years.
For Érika, in addition, a new sentimental stage next to Robert has begun already Garci'a, a camera operator with which a relation in June of 2006 began. Érika has changed of school to Car it, of six years. Of a center near its house of Vicálvaro, a district of middle-class, has happened to the prestigious Willoughby College, a located bilingual school in a residential district of Madrid. The tariffs per month, similars to other deprived centers, are 384.10 e, the classes; 132,40 e, the dining room, and 114.54 e, the route of bus.
Photos from DiezMinutos

Foto1_R2_2875.jpg

Foto2_R2_2875.jpg

Seeing the photos, it seems to me that the magazine exaggerates very much, they are two persons speaking, they do not have an immense smile, but it do not look like anything so serious either. :wacko:

I have seen the images in another magazine, and they do not comment on anything of this. I imagine that it is necessary to create polemic to sell better. When I has time I will put it.;)

I know, they didn't look like they were arguing.

Here other photos are. This magazine only comments that they were speaking. Nothing of what says other one.

From semana

The Ortiz goes to the opera and its arrogance goes "in crescendo".

Elconfidencial.es

The past Saturday 25 of November the Ortiz went again to the Campoamor theater of Oviedo to attend the representation of "Cosi fan tutte" of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Thus they do all, it would be the translation.
The group of relatives of Doña Letizia settled in the Municipal Theater Box Seats; something habitual since Her Royal Highness detents the nobiliary titles of Princess of Asturias, Gerona and Viana, Duchess of Montblanc, Countess of Cervera, and Señora of Balaguer. The personnel of the theater assures that the arrogance of the clan goes in crescendo. In addition to see the spectacle at the cost of the Asturian contributors, they are every day more demanding and "estirados".

In this occasion, the group of guests to the theater box was formed by the sound technician Jesus Ortiz, father-in-law of Don Felipe, its present wife, Ana Togores, tiísima Henar Ortiz - ascended to industralist after running a store of decoration in Cangas de Onís -, his sentimental companion and two youngs of the saga. At the intermezzo, they enjoyed the private bar next to the municipal theater box. When the spectacle finished they interchanged impressions at the door of the theater; in petit committee because not a soul approached to greet them.

In honor to the truth, the most discreet of the group is Ana Togores, although, in more than an occasion, the spectators of the Campoamor have had to support the efusives samples of affection of their husband. The father-in-law of Don Felipe does not cut himself a bit before the respectable public; he exhibits cuddles, kisses, manitas and... all type of affection. She tries to stay in background while he attacks. Which supposes an extra spectacle in the heat of the representation.

As far as the tiísima "Henar", smiling like always from its clouded theater box upon the people. What would happen if these attitudes happened at the Real Theather Box?.

On the other hand Amanda Roocroft, excellent in its paper of Fiordiligi. The well-taken care of stage scene of Yannis Thavoris excited the public and it transferred it through the wonderful views of the napolitana coast of the XVIII century. Standing ovations and bravo.

http://www.elconfidencial.es/elconfidente/indice.asp?edicion=27/11/2006&pass=

As usual "el Confidential" is giving fascinting informations. I didn't know it was an offense to like Mozart ! Who is the writer of this so "eulogistic" article upon the Princess's family?
Sure it's not a music critic.
But as it's not the first time... neither the last, this kind of article is a little bit boring.

Sincerely, this article seems to me to be wicked enough, very own of " El Confidencial". It is curious, when the information about Letizia is calm, always there arises wicked information about her family. I continue hoping that Paloma Rocasolano moves to the great house of National wealth or that she moves to this flat of luxury in the center of Madrid ... because today in day she continues living in her house of always.

When the people are humble, it is easier to attack them, for these benefits that they have to turn into a known personage. The family of the Princess, it has some benefits, because they are the family of the Princess of Asturias ... like they have for this same, many disadvantages. It is not a secret there happens with everything the one that relates to the Royal Family, the Prime minister or any politician ... and because of it they are neither better nor worse. Yes, it is open to criticism, but it is necessary to form and ways of criticizing it, and this article says enough little of the one who writes it.

To my personally it provokes the laugh, because I know the opera of Oviedo, and like it works. In certain form, the opera remains worked for a certain social group, a middle-high class that preserves for years their credits, credits that are extended very rarely, and that when they are extended is very difficult to obtain them if you do not have any contacts. It is a small world where to be someone and to have influence, works very well.

If any person the one that likes the music wants to go to the opera it has it difficult. Some tickets sell, cheaper that evidently they are the worst of the theatre. To buy them, it is necessary to go to the ticket office, from Monday until Friday and in the morning, schedule at which normally the people are working. There are people who can and supports long rows to obtain few tickets that exist.

With this situation, you will understand that the Mayor invites to the theater box of the town hall, to many people. Letizia´s family came to 4 ª representation (it was not the premiere) of 3 ª opera of the season; so you can to suppose that up to now, this year, many people have passed for this theater box. But they are not the family of the Princess; the Princess of humble family who has ascended socially, thing that persons who move in certain areas, they do not like it.

For the opera, specially in the first and second representation, the high society more "snob" of the city passes . So I believe that the workers of the theatre will be accustomed to people who believes herself much more importantly than the Ortiz (though many are not so important). It is more I have had the opportunity to know the person, who manages the theater box of the town hall, and if it is there it is because someone has placed it, and not only for own merits.

It is possible to criticize that the mayor invites them and that they agree ... but this article is a wicked article, which to seek to crush to the family of the princess, how always... The opera is what is, and works like it works .. so if to they me were inviting, also I would go, because but, to obtain a few good tickets, it would be an impossible mission without having contacts.

Thanks for the precisions, Lula.

But I find very extravagant that people could be criticize because they like Mozart and Opera.

The polemic of this article is so obvious that it don't need to speak about more.

What this poor Jesus Ortiz with part of his family is doing except to go to the Opera? When you considere the way of writing of this article it's a shame because if you read it well you can consider that if you aren't high level graduate and so on, you aren't Opera. This way of thaught is calling social discrimination

Please let us serious this kind of consideration clasist are very disgusting. To go to the Opera is not now an outside sign of culture and if you are acostumed to great Operas in the world you can see that a lot of amators are very simple people and enjoyed to heard it since the gods and sometimes they know the opus better than people who goes by social behaviour.

What is the true problem? the Princess's father did'nt been in th gods!!!! Lese-majesty crime!

As always they must look for something that to criticize. They cannot be more pathetic. And the worse ones are those than it seems that they enjoy reading critics.:bang:

It seems that the problem is that they were in the theater box of the Town hall; theater box to which the Mayor invites the one who wants. I imagine that the politicians go to the premiere, which is where the whole people are going to appear. In the following representations there will go the one who wants the Town hall.

This was 4 ª representations, until last year they were 3, but this year has been extended in someone of the operas to 4, what has allowed that more the public comes. To 4 ª representation I believe that already the people go more to the one that likes the opera, that the people who wants to show.

Certainly, bearing in mind some information of last week, I can be bad, and to think that in the invitation of the Town hall there were other interests. These days there is certain polemic because the Opera of Oviedo receives fewer economic subsidies on the part of the State, that the opera of other cities. Last year already there were the same problems. Certain advertising and certain support they would not come badly.

If you think the article is bad wait to read the reader's opinions. Of course, as I have read on the forum lately we are just envy and scandalous people, maybe we are in need of a second threat regarding the manners on Letizia and Felipe's forum and also I know that for some of you the only good press is that who praise Letizia and family and of course Adelaide and Lula as good members (President and Vice maybe?) :wub: of the Letizia's Fan Club will appear from any rock to lecture you. :lol:

As much it bothers to you that the people like the princess and defends her? this is the forum of her and as you will understand most normal it is than people like the princess; not that this plenty of people whom single it likes to criticize and to criticize. It always is the same here; the detractors of Letizia when there is an article that criticizes, enjoy and clear and if people say that it is lie or it is not thus; they already say that there is the club of fans that does not accept critic. But is that their detractors accept that has something good? it gives me that noo. I do not enjoy when they criticize the people; because I believe that that is the worse thing than can have; and the people who enjoy it; they seem to me ridiculous. :wacko: :mad:

And most important I must right to think that the article is bad; because I must think that it is well? because you think it?:wacko:

RaniaRocks said:
If you think the article is bad wait to read the reader's opinions. Of course, as I have read on the forum lately we are just envy and scandalous people, maybe we are in need of a second threat regarding the manners on Letizia and Felipe's forum and also I know that for some of you the only good press is that who praise Letizia and family and of course Adelaide and Lula as good members (President and Vice maybe?) :wub: of the Letizia's Fan Club will appear from any rock to lecture you. :lol:

I agree. It is quite amusing...when the article is for Letizia (or her family), the source is good...when it is against Letizia, then it is evil, wicked, etc. We must be evil then. Why can't we believe this article?

For my critique it is necessary to to be a constructive critique, based on real things ... it is possible to criticize them for accepting the invitation of the Mayor, which for some it will be nice and for others not.

But this is not a constructive critique, this is gossip and bad intention, with the aim to damage. Something to what El Confidencial has used habitually. I, there are certain means that I believe myself neither for the good thing nor for the bad thing. It is possible to criticize something without need to try to insult the persons.

I do not want to remember what they did with Paloma Rocasolano. First they were going to give her a house of National wealth, very big and very cheap. Later she was going to be going to live even through flat of luxury in Madrid. And the reality is that she continues living in her house of always. The same thing with the Princes of Asturias ... first they were going to buying a house in Asturias ... later in Catalonia ... and nothing...

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:
I agree. It is quite amusing...when the article is for Letizia (or her family), the source is good...when it is against Letizia, then it is evil, wicked, etc. We must be evil then. Why can't we believe this article?

;) If the same source published an article saying marvelous things about the Ortiz family El Confidencial suddently will be good, don't worry, we are use to this by now. I have always felt like I have to think 1000 times before posting here and some other members have shared the same w/ me since some members believe this is their forum and only them have the right to write an opinion, before I used to debate with passion and respect and we used to have great discusions, not anymore, I don't loose my time because I feel like if I was a 5 years old and somebody felt the necesitie to change my mind with lectures and even sutil invitations to abandon the forum, go figure!. :ROFLMAO: Cheers.

The best the Ortiz family could do, for the sake of the Royal Family and the same Letizia is keep a low low low profile but they just can't; the Rocasolano's side is more humble and likeable.

It is sure that they would be calmer if they could have a calmer life, but it seems that it is impossible.

I do not believe that to accept an invitation to go to 4 ª representation of an opera in a small city is a crime.

Recently the Dukes of Palm, were present in San Sebastian at a concert and with them the half of Iñaki's family, and nobody criticized them for it.

I have seen images of the mother of Marichalar in a concert in the Palace of El Pardo, and nobody critique her for it.

Irene of Greece accompanies the Queen Sofia on many concerts, and nobody her critiques for it.

Sincerely this they are bilges, to create polemic with people to the one that is easy to criticize. There are people around the Royal Family who obtains many more benefits that the family of the Princess, but already we know that now the business is in criticizing her and her family.

Roxsteve said:

I don't think you or RaniaRocks are wicked, but this article apparently is. I have no problem of reports of Ortiz sitting at the theater box, but calling them arrogant by sitting at the theater box as the guests of their home town mayor is simply out of boundary.
If it's a serious journalistic article, why didn't the author put down his/her name ?

Why would sitting on the theater box be considered arrogance? Besides they were invited by their mayor, so therefore he had them seated there. And why didn't the author write his name:question:? Maybe he's scared?

Declaration,

Me, Adelaide vice chairman of the very strict and closed fan club of Letizia, I have some difficulties to understand why its allways two or three personns who are allways against my favorite Princess who is allways upon all the critics ( obvious!..:lol: )

Generally speeking a lot of the participants of this threads are quiet objective defending their respective favorite whithout systematically be negative for Letizia and it's a very interesting conversations about the Spainish monarchic organisation, the feelings of the spagniard for their monarchy, the way for a princely couple confronted to the charisma of the Kings, the stupidity of some circles of the society, the garbage of yellow press to arise themselves in a very difficult context.

I confess that I have no interst to know if the color of the gown of such other Crown Princess fits well with her scarve.

I add that I respect all the sensible arguments and attempt of fair understanding even if it's against my venerated Princess an her husband ( :wub:)
We are human beings....:flowers:

To end I do remark that for the respect of the intellectual, moral integrity of people for whom I have not really curiosity I NEVER SAID SOMETHING WRONG GOSSIPS OR TRALALA!!!!! against her:smartass: ( even if I know a lot of very secret bad things....:censored: )

Signed: "Adelaide - Eminent Vice Chairman of the very select fan club of Letizia":p

ladejesus said:
adelaide, you crack me up!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks! If you go on in this feeling, may be I shall vote for you in our next secret assembly, of our so select fan club of our so beloved Princess:shifty: :pig:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom