Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
Her parents are also divorced.

Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. PALOMA ROCASOLANO, MOTHER OF SPAIN FUTURE QUEEN, Letizia Otriz, RETURNED TO WORK AFTER THE ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT. SHE IS A PROFESIONAL NURSE AND SHE ATTENDED A WORK MEETING AT THE NURSES UNION PLACE. SHE IS A UNION DELEGATE. SHE WAS NICE AND SHE SAID SHE WAS PLEASED IN THE WAY EVERYBODY HAD TREATED THEM.

www.ibl.se - OVIEDO, ASTURIAS, SPAIN: School photo Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Fiancee of crown prince Felipe.

Attachments

• let_mom.jpg
    let_mom.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 607
  • letizia.jpg
    letizia.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandria  Posted: Nov 12th, 2003 - 7:03 pm

www.ibl.se - OVIEDO, ASTURIAS, SPAIN: School photo Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Fiancee of crown prince Felipe.

A nice portrayal of the "child within" :)

Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. PALOMA ROCASOLANO mother of the newly engaged Letizia Ortiz, on her way to have luch with her working friends in a Madrid restaurant.

It seems like Letizia's mother has become a bit of a minor celebrity in Spain with the engagment of her daughter. Did this happen with other parents whose children married into royal families?

Attachments

• paloma.jpg
    paloma.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10,513
I don't think so Alexandria. The only "celebrity" relative realted to the Royal family by his brother's marriage to Elena is Alvaro De Marichalar, but I don't think he's a a celebrity because he's famous for his transatlantic trips in the sea.

I think they're taking pics of Letizia's family on the streets because she is going to marry the Crown Prince of Spain.

© QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REF PY MARMARA, MADRID, 19-01-04 ERICA ORTIZ, LETIZIA ORTIZ'S SISTER, AT A TRIBUTE TO DESIGNER ELIO BERHANYER. ERICA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE'S FIANCEE'S SISTER, ATTENDED AN HOMAGE TO THE DESIGNER ELIO BERHANYER WHO RECEIBED THE BELLAS ARTES' GOLDEN MEDAL GRANTED BY KING JUAN CARLOS OF SPAIN. SHE WAS ACCOMPAINED BY HER HUSBAND, THE SCULPTOR ANTONIO VIGO. SHE WAS ASKED ABOUT THE NAME OF THE DESIGNER OF HER SISTER LETIZIA ORTIZ'S WEDDING DRESS BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT TALK ABOUT IT. MAYBE ELIO BERHANYER?.

Attachments

• IML_ERICA_ORTIZ_03.JPG
    IML_ERICA_ORTIZ_03.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 609
At Imagine Scandinavia, there are several pictures of Letizia's father walking arm in arm with a younger woman, a woman whom I don't think resembles Letizia's sister at all. This is what the caption says:

Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/AD 20009, Asturias, Spanien. 25/1/2004 . JESUS ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE:s FIANCEE'S FATHER DID NOT GET MARRIED ASTURIAS, SPAIN. ALTHOUGH THE RUMOUR WAS THERE, PRINCE FELIPE'S FIANCE FATHER JESUS ORTIZ DID NOT GET MARIED TO HIS GIRLFRIEND / FIANCEE ANA TOGORES. MENCHU DEL VALLE, LETIZIA GRAND MOTHER DENIED THE RUMOUR THAT THEY GET MARRIED THIS WEEKEND. JESUS ORTIZ AND ANA TOGORES WENT TO VISIT HIS PARENTS IN ASTURIAS TO GET A QUIET WEEKEND AND THEY WENT WALKING AROUND THE VILLAGE WITH MORE FAMILY MEMBERS.

I know that photo captions at the various sites are known to be wrong, but does this mean that Letizia's parents are divorced? I didn't think I had read that during the engagement news; that would've been an important nugget of info, wouldn't it?

Attachments

• 26_JESUS_20ORTIZ_9.jpg
    26_JESUS_20ORTIZ_9.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 684
Oh, okay. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that. Was this mentioned in any of the stories when the engagement was announced? I don't recall reading that the future Queen of Spain's parents were divorced; not that that would affect her position, but an interesting nugget of info, as I said before.

No, many things weren't mentioned when the engagement was announced :unsure:

However both Letizia's parents were there at the engagement.

Yes the story about Letizia and her family were as published in many European newspapers. Most of the dirt about them you can read in germen newspapers not in Spanish one while Spanish press is partially censured by Spanish royal family.

I don't doubt your information ennyllorac, I hope I didn't imply that. It's just that I hadn't read this bit before this picture and I read a lot of stuff around the time of the engagment! And this picture just really caught me off guard as during the family pictures the day of the announcement, both of Letizia's parents seemed close.

Or maybe I was imagining things!

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the time of announcement. I think somebody posted that the parents were divorced then. But there was so much commotion at the time. It could have easily been missed. And I don't remember it being mentioned much since we heard about the engagement.

Letizia does also have two maternal grandparents {photolink} whom she visited once summer 2003 - they got to know about her engagement in the evening tv-news saturday 1.november - just like the rest of the world.

http://servicios.lasprovincias.es/valencia...AL-TMD-002.html

Babelfish english version

SUBJECT OF THE DAY - Tuesday, 4 of November of 2003

The maternal grandparents of Letizia, who live in Alicante, are "proud and contentments"

The marriage found out by the television of the commitment of its granddaughter R.A.

Photo with caption : The maternal grandparents of Letizia, yesterday, in its address of Alicante. 

With face of perplexity, as if still they were not believed what the maternal grandparents of future Princess of Asturias, Francisco Rocasolano Camacho and Enriqueta have above come them in hardly a day, Rodriguez Figuarredo, received yesterday to the numerous mass media that hoped before the doors of their address.

Like most of the Spaniards, they also found out the news Saturday through the informative advances of mass media. Both emphasized that a very normal and very affectionate girl treats "".

The maternal grandparents of the fiance'e of Don Felipe de Borbón and Greece, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, have been residing in Alicante for 15 years, in the district of San Gabriel, located in the outskirts of the capital. They chose the tranquillity of Alicante to live comfortably after the retirement of Francisco, or as they know all him in the district, Alpaca.

In brief declarations in the door of his address, the grandfathers of Letizia Ortiz explained that he had found out the commitment of wedding of his granddaughter with Prince de Asturias "like everybody", by the mass media, and that had still not had the opportunity to speak with her. The grandmother, with doubtless sense of humor, repeated the questions that formulated the journalists to him as if the answer was too obvious like answering it directly.

"we have found out like all. We are very contentments because she is a very normal girl, very affectionate and very list ", commented Francisco Rocasolano before asking the informers who respected their desire of not making more declarations. Finally, Francisco Rocasolano, who was accompanied of his wife, remembered solely that the last time whom when personally saw its Letizia granddaughter was the past summer, this one went to its house of Alicante to visit them.

Minutes after making these declarations, the grandfathers of Letizia Ortiz left, like every day, to buy the bread, although he avoided to make more commentaries.
link - manuel at GREMB

Princess Letizia's Family

Hello all of you, anyone has info about Letizia's sis's or bros. please post. Thanks

Letizia is the eldest of three; she has two sisters.

Thelma is the middle sister. She is an economist and speaks about 4 languages fluently. She works with NGOs such as Doctors without Borders and the Red Cross. Before the wedding she was on assignment in Cabo Verde working for the Red Cross. She is single.

Erika is the youngest of the three. She is married to a sculptor and has a daughter. She has a degree in Fine Arts (I think she's a photographer, but I'm not sure) and is currently the editor of the Spanish division of an Italian arts magazine. She speaks Italian.

It would appear that all three sisters are well educated, multi-lingual and cultured. They also all look very similar. Similar features and all three are thin.

highly educated family...I like Telma's outfits...She seems to have a nice body....

Telma was a striking figure at the wedding. So now I see she is not only beautiful and blessed with a nice figure but I guess she's pretty smart too. But I don't hate her...... :rolleyes:

Good genes seem to run in the family. Letizia's father looks remarkably young.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jun 10th, 2004 - 10:51 am
Telma was a striking figure at the wedding.
The Spanish press--much to her annoyance, apparently--has dubbed Telma the discovery of the wedding and claim she is now the "golden single". And since the spanish "pink press" likes nothing better than to gossip and make a lot of stuff up there are now a few professional gossips claiming that she has started to date Felipe's best friend! I think they are just desparate to talk about something, since Felipe and Letizia have successfully avoided the press on the second phase of their honeymoon.

telma is working in cultural projects in africa... at least she was some months ago.

erika runs an art company...

lucys said:
Telma was a striking figure at the wedding.
The Spanish press--much to her annoyance, apparently--has dubbed Telma the discovery of the wedding and claim she is now the "golden single".

Glad you cleared that up for me. I was going to say that I saw that in either Point de Vue or in Semana. But one of them talked about her looking great and it must have been Semana. Not that it was not true. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
last night, telma and jesus ortiz attended to a gala dinner at the art gallery in charge of erika. apparently she has an upper rank since her sister's engagement (not very nice, indeed)...

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 12th, 2004 - 7:44 am
last night, telma and jesus ortiz attended to a gala dinner at the art gallery in charge of erika. apparently she has an upper rank since her sister's engagement (not very nice, indeed)...
She doesn't work for an art gallery. She's a communications director for an italian art magazine. She's been working as a communications representative and artists representative for this publishing company since she earned her degree in Fine Arts.

i don't know since when she has been working for the enterprise, but since letizia's engagement she has been promoted.

Erika is invited to cultural and fashion events now. I watched the new magazine presentation in a TV programme. Great publicity for them I guess.

In my opinion Telma is the prettiest and more discreet of the family.

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 12th, 2004 - 10:00 am
i don't know since when she has been working for the enterprise, but since letizia's engagement she has been promoted.
Erika has been working for FMR for a while, long before her sister's engagement. This time, FMR lauched a new arts magazine, Erika was named communication director. FMR is a private owned company and it must protect share holders' benefits. Thus Erika probably wouldn't have been named director if she was not qualified. Obviously the new magazine has been received lots of publicity because of Erika. Also FMR had the best timing when her sister was out of country and Spanish media was bored to death and even put her mother's ugly swim suit picture on the cover of a famous gossip magazine.
For now, both FMR and Erika benefits great deal. That's called business.

In my opinion Telma is the prettiest and more discreet of the family.
For the most part the entire family is discreet. The problem is that the press keeps following them around everywhere and they generally try to be polite, if not very explicite, to the press. A lot of the so called "stories" or "interviews" are nothing other than the press screaming a few questions at one of the family members' front door or workplace.

I thought it was Erika who was married with a child so is Carla Erika's or Telma's daughter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom