The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006

Her parents are also divorced.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. PALOMA ROCASOLANO, MOTHER OF SPAIN FUTURE QUEEN, Letizia Otriz, RETURNED TO WORK AFTER THE ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT. SHE IS A PROFESIONAL NURSE AND SHE ATTENDED A WORK MEETING AT THE NURSES UNION PLACE. SHE IS A UNION DELEGATE. SHE WAS NICE AND SHE SAID SHE WAS PLEASED IN THE WAY EVERYBODY HAD TREATED THEM.

www.ibl.se - OVIEDO, ASTURIAS, SPAIN: School photo Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Fiancee of crown prince Felipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	let_mom.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	26168  
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Alexandria  Posted: Nov 12th, 2003 - 7:03 pm

www.ibl.se - OVIEDO, ASTURIAS, SPAIN: School photo Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Fiancee of crown prince Felipe.
A nice portrayal of the "child within" :)
Old 12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. PALOMA ROCASOLANO mother of the newly engaged Letizia Ortiz, on her way to have luch with her working friends in a Madrid restaurant.

It seems like Letizia's mother has become a bit of a minor celebrity in Spain with the engagment of her daughter. Did this happen with other parents whose children married into royal families?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	paloma.jpg
Views:	6065
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	30898  
Old 12-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think so Alexandria. The only "celebrity" relative realted to the Royal family by his brother's marriage to Elena is Alvaro De Marichalar, but I don't think he's a a celebrity because he's famous for his transatlantic trips in the sea.

I think they're taking pics of Letizia's family on the streets because she is going to marry the Crown Prince of Spain.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Nobility

© QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REF PY MARMARA, MADRID, 19-01-04 ERICA ORTIZ, LETIZIA ORTIZ'S SISTER, AT A TRIBUTE TO DESIGNER ELIO BERHANYER. ERICA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE'S FIANCEE'S SISTER, ATTENDED AN HOMAGE TO THE DESIGNER ELIO BERHANYER WHO RECEIBED THE BELLAS ARTES' GOLDEN MEDAL GRANTED BY KING JUAN CARLOS OF SPAIN. SHE WAS ACCOMPAINED BY HER HUSBAND, THE SCULPTOR ANTONIO VIGO. SHE WAS ASKED ABOUT THE NAME OF THE DESIGNER OF HER SISTER LETIZIA ORTIZ'S WEDDING DRESS BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT TALK ABOUT IT. MAYBE ELIO BERHANYER?.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IML_ERICA_ORTIZ_03.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	36574  
Old 01-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

At Imagine Scandinavia, there are several pictures of Letizia's father walking arm in arm with a younger woman, a woman whom I don't think resembles Letizia's sister at all. This is what the caption says:

Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/AD 20009, Asturias, Spanien. 25/1/2004 . JESUS ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE:s FIANCEE'S FATHER DID NOT GET MARRIED ASTURIAS, SPAIN. ALTHOUGH THE RUMOUR WAS THERE, PRINCE FELIPE'S FIANCE FATHER JESUS ORTIZ DID NOT GET MARIED TO HIS GIRLFRIEND / FIANCEE ANA TOGORES. MENCHU DEL VALLE, LETIZIA GRAND MOTHER DENIED THE RUMOUR THAT THEY GET MARRIED THIS WEEKEND. JESUS ORTIZ AND ANA TOGORES WENT TO VISIT HIS PARENTS IN ASTURIAS TO GET A QUIET WEEKEND AND THEY WENT WALKING AROUND THE VILLAGE WITH MORE FAMILY MEMBERS.

I know that photo captions at the various sites are known to be wrong, but does this mean that Letizia's parents are divorced? I didn't think I had read that during the engagement news; that would've been an important nugget of info, wouldn't it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	26_JESUS_20ORTIZ_9.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	37012  
Old 01-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, Letizia's parents are divorced.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that. Was this mentioned in any of the stories when the engagement was announced? I don't recall reading that the future Queen of Spain's parents were divorced; not that that would affect her position, but an interesting nugget of info, as I said before.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Royal Highness

I read it in Hola.com
Old 01-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

No, many things weren't mentioned when the engagement was announced

However both Letizia's parents were there at the engagement.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

Yes the story about Letizia and her family were as published in many European newspapers. Most of the dirt about them you can read in germen newspapers not in Spanish one while Spanish press is partially censured by Spanish royal family.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't doubt your information ennyllorac, I hope I didn't imply that. It's just that I hadn't read this bit before this picture and I read a lot of stuff around the time of the engagment! And this picture just really caught me off guard as during the family pictures the day of the announcement, both of Letizia's parents seemed close.

Or maybe I was imagining things!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the time of announcement. I think somebody posted that the parents were divorced then. But there was so much commotion at the time. It could have easily been missed. And I don't remember it being mentioned much since we heard about the engagement.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Letizia does also have two maternal grandparents {photolink} whom she visited once summer 2003 - they got to know about her engagement in the evening tv-news saturday 1.november - just like the rest of the world.

http://servicios.lasprovincias.es/valencia...AL-TMD-002.html

Quote:
Babelfish english version

SUBJECT OF THE DAY - Tuesday, 4 of November of 2003

The maternal grandparents of Letizia, who live in Alicante, are "proud and contentments"

The marriage found out by the television of the commitment of its granddaughter R.A.

Photo with caption : The maternal grandparents of Letizia, yesterday, in its address of Alicante. 

With face of perplexity, as if still they were not believed what the maternal grandparents of future Princess of Asturias, Francisco Rocasolano Camacho and Enriqueta have above come them in hardly a day, Rodriguez Figuarredo, received yesterday to the numerous mass media that hoped before the doors of their address.

Like most of the Spaniards, they also found out the news Saturday through the informative advances of mass media. Both emphasized that a very normal and very affectionate girl treats "".

The maternal grandparents of the fiance'e of Don Felipe de Borbón and Greece, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, have been residing in Alicante for 15 years, in the district of San Gabriel, located in the outskirts of the capital. They chose the tranquillity of Alicante to live comfortably after the retirement of Francisco, or as they know all him in the district, Alpaca.

In brief declarations in the door of his address, the grandfathers of Letizia Ortiz explained that he had found out the commitment of wedding of his granddaughter with Prince de Asturias "like everybody", by the mass media, and that had still not had the opportunity to speak with her. The grandmother, with doubtless sense of humor, repeated the questions that formulated the journalists to him as if the answer was too obvious like answering it directly.

"we have found out like all. We are very contentments because she is a very normal girl, very affectionate and very list ", commented Francisco Rocasolano before asking the informers who respected their desire of not making more declarations. Finally, Francisco Rocasolano, who was accompanied of his wife, remembered solely that the last time whom when personally saw its Letizia granddaughter was the past summer, this one went to its house of Alicante to visit them.

Minutes after making these declarations, the grandfathers of Letizia Ortiz left, like every day, to buy the bread, although he avoided to make more commentaries.
link - manuel at GREMB
Old 06-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Commoner

Princess Letizia's Family

Hello all of you, anyone has info about Letizia's sis's or bros. please post. Thanks
Old 06-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia has two sisters Erika and Telma Ortiz Rocasolano. Erika studied Art and works as a publishing house representative, Telma studied Economy and collaborate with an ONG.

Telma

Old 06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Letizia is the eldest of three; she has two sisters.

Thelma is the middle sister. She is an economist and speaks about 4 languages fluently. She works with NGOs such as Doctors without Borders and the Red Cross. Before the wedding she was on assignment in Cabo Verde working for the Red Cross. She is single.

Erika is the youngest of the three. She is married to a sculptor and has a daughter. She has a degree in Fine Arts (I think she's a photographer, but I'm not sure) and is currently the editor of the Spanish division of an Italian arts magazine. She speaks Italian.

It would appear that all three sisters are well educated, multi-lingual and cultured. They also all look very similar. Similar features and all three are thin.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Humble

highly educated family...I like Telma's outfits...She seems to have a nice body....
Old 06-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Telma was a striking figure at the wedding. So now I see she is not only beautiful and blessed with a nice figure but I guess she's pretty smart too. But I don't hate her......

Good genes seem to run in the family. Letizia's father looks remarkably young.