The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 01-28-2006, 06:00 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
THEY NEVER SEARCH TO THE PRESS IT IS THE PRESS WHO LOOKS FOR THEM.

The press is the one who chases them, the one who is at the edge of their house and their work. Paloma Rocasolano has almost every day a television camera at the edge of her work. This way, that you have not even idea. The father of Letizia has asked in all the possible ways that the press does not chase him, and they do not notice him. Always he has said that if they call him by telephone and they ask him educadamente from a serious way of communication he will attend to them ... but not to the persons who him chase for the street and to whom he does not know about anything.Telma whenever she travels to Madrid is chased by the whole city.

The problem is not them, the problem is of a certain called "pink" press that believes itself with right to dirige the life of the whole world. The family of the Princess, and when there is any rumor or news they chase them up to the weariness.

How I have said, before they were private persons now they are public persons ... the one who does know so well her previous life? Henar has improved, it is evident, but if someone gave to her a professional opportunity, because she does not go to acept it?
As for Paloma, the SATSE is the Union of Nursing. It is true that she change position, but her salary I do not believe that it has changed very much. One of the reasons of this change, it is that she could not go to the centers of health where there are sick persons with a car of press behind.

On Menchu, it is not true that she appears in many sites, is more since she remained a widow scarcely she has appeared and had little problems of health. Though the nacional public did not know her, in Asturias she was very known in her epoch, and so much she how her sister Marisol who was employed at the radio in Madrid they are known in the profession. They offered her was collaborating in a program of radio, thing that she rejected; and they have delivered her a prize to all her career, and she was Thelma who gathered it. Only has seen her in the Prizes Prince. For whom it does not know it to these Prizes one comes with rigorous invitation, and there are thousands of requests. The family of the Princess comes, because they are a family of the Princess, and because the director of the Foundation Prince is a friend of the family. The one who founded these prizes is Graciano García, an Asturian journalist that therefore knows Menchu for years, who has come to Jesus' wedding and to Jose Luis' funeral ... normal that invites them.

It seems that our friend is " very well informed ", I imagine that because she reads these forums of Internet dedicated to inventing and spreading different rumors, where everything is criticized for criticizing. And where they believe all the commentaries of certain journalists who criticize everything because they do not manage to do business with this family...
I am sure that the family of the Princess would be delighted if the press was not chasing it constant, especially when it is a question of the grandparents and of the small Carla.

As for the family of Maricharlar and Urdangarín, it is a totally different case; because they are not interested to the press, because the press does not chase them every day, because their life is not interested.
The family of the Princess has right to live calm, they do not bother anybody and are not public prominent figures ... why they cannot stand it so much? why follow to Jesus Ortiz up to Paris in a trip with his wife? Why they look for him boyfriend to Paloma or do photographies to her in the beach? For that the journalist and the people look for the window at the interior of Menchu's house? Why are journalist still every Thelma's movement in Madrid? Why does press wait in the door of Carla's college? Why does press chase a man of more than 80 years when he is going to buy the newspaper?
Do not manipulate the reality how the press does it. Letizia's family is one more business for the press, how it there are great important and famous people in Spain that is very tired of this type of pursuit. To the serious journalists it terrifies this situation. The family is the victim not the culprits, because they have never done business, they have never gone to any site charging.

And if you want also I have examples of the Hola ... this week there are two articles on the family of the Princess ... in one her sister Thelma eating with a friend in a restaurant of Madrid ... without any interest the photos. Other one of Jesus Ortiz with his mother, aunt, wife, mother-in-law and sister walk along the surroundings of the Royal Palace of Madrid. According to the magazine, they came to visit it because the grandaunt of Letzia (sister of her deceased grandfather) could not have come to the wedding of the Princes because she was sick, she came to the baptism and they led her to visiting the palace. It only this week.

Do you know that the Princess of Asturias is worried by the pursuit that suffers her family? Especially when it is a question of her grandparents that they are major persons and of her niece.
__________________

__________________
  #142  
Old 01-28-2006, 07:02 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
I had not read it of the ballet, and sincerely I am sorry about your cultural ignorance.

Tamara Rojo has been A Prize Prince of Asturias of the Arts of the year 2005. It is one of the best ballerinas of the world, and the first ballerina of the Royal Ballet of London. Each of her performances is an absolute success and the income are ended weeks before.

The spectacle of " Blancanieves", it was a very famous project of Emilio Aragón, a man VERY FAMOUS in Spain. Emilio Aragón is the son of Miliki, a clown with whom many generations of Spanish grew. Emilio goes years working as actor, presenter and in last years he has devoted himself to the music. Emilio Aragón was one of the guests to the wedding of the Princes of Asturias.
" Blancanieves" was the first spectacle of ballet entirely Spanish that was done in many years ... and there was an enormous expectation . The income were all exhausted.

The Infanta Elena also went to seeing the spectacle of Blancanieves; and the Queen, the Princess, the Infanta Elena and the Princess Irene have come to see Tamara Rojo in " Tango Brujo", where Erika does not take part.

They did not need any advertising, and Erika's work was of absolute discretion . The press only discovered that she was taking part in the spectacle because when she had the premiere it was in the same dates that Leonor was born.

Tamara Rojo web:

http://www.tamara-rojo.com/marcos.htm
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 01-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Its not like Letizias family is the only one who has gotten perks because of the royal connection. King Albert upgraded the title of Mathildes family on the wedding day.

Not long ago Willem Alexander and Maxima went with the whole dutch press in their heels to see the exhibition of Maximas relative, we can alll guess how much pictures there would have been had they not been there.

And ofocurse John Donaldson would have gotten the artist/lecturer appartment and invited by the King of Norway to the Abel Prize had he not been Marys father, and his wifes books would been covered by the national press had it not been for Mary. And Marys bridesmaid Amber would have been so much in the media with all her stunts had it not been for her connection And Alexandras mother and father lives on Schackenborg, even after the divorce

And moving on, Mette-Marits father could certainly not live of beeing a media clown had his daughter not married Haakon. And ofcourse Daniel Westling would not have been able to give many interviews to the serious News Paper like Dagens Industri promoting his gyms had it not been for his conncetion to Victoria, he does not mention Victoria but that paper usually does not concern itself with smal gyms and we all know why they are interested in himn.

And yes, Märtha Louise using her title in promoting her books and getting to appear with the best norwegian gospel choir on tour when she is not that good of a singer or writer.

When royals marry for love it will also fall some perks on their relatives, only Letizias family has (except for the british) the biggest and most intense press following them, It would be unthinkable in Scandinavia and benelux that the press followed the Princesses relatives around like we see in Spain and Im sure Britain when that day comes. Had the royals kept om marryig each other we would not seee what we see happening now because then the familes would already bee in the public eye

When Eva Sannum was dating Felipe the way she was threated by the Spanish press chasing her around all the time was unseen in Norway, even the Norwegian Police said on national TV that she could report them to them and she would have a good cause, ofocurse she could not do that because it would only make it worse for her. The press simply does not behave like that here

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
but anyway, that's how i would do it, some people may choose other ways, but i personally think that those other two options would make me feel a lot more proud, definetely. i guess people have different ways of obtaining things, and personally, i think that tells a lot of someone, the way you archieve things.
I guess you have higher standards than me then, because If one of my friends asked if he or she should put in a good word for me at an interesting job I would certainly say yes, people in everyday life have connections and build networks and use them for all its worth. Its just not interesting to the press
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #144  
Old 01-28-2006, 07:58 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I guess you have higher standards than me then, because If one of my friends asked if he or she should put in a good word for me at an interesting job I would certainly say yes, people in everyday life have connections and build networks and use them for all its worth. Its just not interesting to the press
i don't think it's a matter of standards either. if you know you can archieve something you have got the 60% of that something already gained. that's why i said that it tells a lot about a person as it demonstrates self confidence and hard-work.
however, if i have a really really good opportunity that is in most of the cases gained by the connections you have, i would definetely go for it, but i don't think getting a degree or launching a new collection is that kind of big deal. you can perfectly do so without the need of being the princess father or aunt, in my opinion.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #145  
Old 01-28-2006, 08:02 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,797
forgot to say that however, larzen, i can understand what you mean. connections are everywhere and i respect totally if someone would go for those opportunities, but i really think it's not a good thing for letizia's public opinion.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #146  
Old 01-28-2006, 08:25 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
I am going to put the example of the father of Letizia.

When the commitment of the Princes promised to be, the father of Letizia spoke in a program of television. Really that one was a bit a trap, and was wrong. The program, it is a program of "pink" press and does not have good reputation. But this day with the advertisement of the commitment, the program turned into the special one and the director was of informative of the channel. Juan Pedro Valentín, knew the father of Letizia and together they had given some Master; he is a very serious and respected journalist, he was de director of the serious information. But the program was not the suitable one, and though he neither said anything bad he nor was indiscreet, he was criticized very much.

Since then he does not open the mouth. Always there is press that it chases for the street ... he has got angry with them, has been educated ... in all the possible ways he has asked to make him calm and there is no way... The press takes advantage and when he gets angry they put it in television and accuse him of haughtily and bad-mannered (they do it with many people, they chase them, harass them and when they get angry put it in television). Nevertheless, there are journalists more serious that they are employed at newspapers that they have spoken with him, and they say that he is a nice and correct man. Simply he does not like that they chase him for the street.

The mother of Letizia always has been quite smiles and amiability ... but it does not use her as anything either ... in her house, in her work always there is press ... they have photographed her in bikini in the beach, going out of the doctor with her mother, gathering her granddaughter of the college and several boyfriends have looked for her...
When she goes out of working they chase to the interior of the parking where she guards her car ... she tries to smile and answers with monosyllables ... but everything has a limit.
There are occasions in those that they do to them they ask them more indiscreet questions that it could be. They ask them about any rumor or any polemic concerning the Princes ... it is terrible. They ask them about Telma and Alberto of Monaco, the supposed problems of health of Letizia or of the girl, the jeans of Leonor, or any barbarity that happens to them...

It is a very complicated situation, and test of it is that great famous people in Spain flee of the press, they avoid it, grant few interviews or prohibit that they should enter these journalist.
__________________
  #147  
Old 01-28-2006, 08:40 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
forgot to say that however, larzen, i can understand what you mean. connections are everywhere and i respect totally if someone would go for those opportunities, but i really think it's not a good thing for letizia's public opinion.
Carlota, please, let's not be exagerate. The press exaggerates everything. The changes in the life of this family have been minimal. The have more disadventages that advantages. They neither have flats free, not cars of luxury (and the mother of Letizia needs a new car urgently), nor earn money in magazines nor come to parties. They neither come to acts with members of the Royal Family, nor go on holidays to Marivent, nor establish themselves in house of the Princes... not not similar at all.
There is a lot of hypocrisy and a lot of envy. This type of critiques arise because they are a humble, totally unknown and defenseless family before the press. If they were a very rich family that was doing big business thanks to their new contacts ... it was sure that there were no so many critiques.
__________________
  #148  
Old 01-28-2006, 08:51 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,797
in that point i really agree with you. the spanish press is definetely too harasing and don't know where the limits are. not only to letizia's family but every other relative of any public figure will be chased continuously. i really don't think that happens everywhere in the world and it definetely has to change.
i felt really bad when they show images of letizia's grandparents, paloma's relatives mainly. even if they chase and ask questions to paloma or jesus or thelma or erika... they are young people and can deal with the situation better, but no... they ask the grandparents (i specially talk about the alicante ones as menchu seems quite good at dealing with the press) who normally answer humbly, inocently and naively as they don't know what to say and then they put the images a thousand times in tv. it's a pity this happens and that they can't even respect old people.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #149  
Old 01-28-2006, 09:02 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
it's a pity this happens and that they can't even respect old people.
I read some commentary, believes that besides it was of a serious enough way, that the own Princess had asked some journalists, please to stop from side to her family ... especially to the grandparents, and to the girl. According to the law they should extract Carla neither in the magazines nor in the television, and if they make it they must cover the face ... they have broken this often.
Menchu controls better to the press, besides she passes a little time in Madrid because she lives in Asturias, but the press of Asturias respects her very much. The grandparents of Alicante are very simple and innocent; the grandfather is a spontaneous man who speaks when the press asks him. Paloma must pass it badly when she is with her parents and the press chases them, they are very major persons, and her mother walks badly and has a problem of sight. They are very sad and disrespectful scenes.

They do not respect anything. This week this press of dedicates to chasing to the family of Rocía Jurado one important, dear and respected Spanish singer who is sick with cancer.
__________________
  #150  
Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Marilène's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 17
Are there no pictures of Letizia when she was young? Letiza as baby for example
__________________
  #151  
Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 PM
LaChicaMadrilena's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cracow, Poland
Posts: 2,050
Here you have link to the thread "Princess Letizia as the girl and young woman":
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...man-4736.htmls
__________________




  #152  
Old 01-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Letizia's family is in a very hard position: When the media chases them around in the course of their daily life, if they don't answer then the media will say that they are difficult and unfriendly. Yet if they politely answer questions, then the media will say that they are revealing confidences about the life of the Felipe, Letizia and Leonor's as well as the rest of the Spanish royal family. Essentially, they can't win no matter what they do.

As for Henar Ortiz having become more successful since Letizia married Felipe, I really think that that is an unfair accusation. Unless Felipe, Letizia, the King or Queen, the Duke and Duchess of Lugo or the Duke and Duchess of Palma Mallorca endorsed Henar's clothing line personally, or a royal statement by the Spanish court was issued to say that they were supporting her clothing line, then I don't see how she is using her familial connection to Letizia to improve her fashion line. If you don't think of her as a relation of Letizia's but as merely another fashion designer, she is no different than any other Spanish designer whom Letizia has brought attention to simply by wearing their clothes on public duties.

And as Larzen has said, countless of other royal relations have benefitted from their sons or daughters marrying into royal families. Letizia's family is not the first and they won't be the last. It really comes down to what these families do with these relations that matters -- I think that what Sven Hoiby is doing because he is the father of the Norwegian Crown Princess is far worst than Telma's NGO getting some press attention.

As for Jesus getting to interview Spain's head of government -- that may have been a highlight of his career for him, but it probably affected the Spanish royal family more in that an-law was interviewing the head of the government when the royal family (especially in Spain) should be as far removed from government activities as possible. In doing so, if anything was wrong, it probably more affected Jesus' relationship with his daughter and his in-laws.

And as has been discussed, not just for royals, but for everyone, if you have connections -- you use it. It is only smart, to. Rightly or wrongly, jobs and climbing the corproate ladder these days isn't about what you know but who you know. But ultimately, even if someone gets you in the door for an interview or gives you a wonderful opportunity, it's up to you to prove yourself and to show people that you are capable of the job.

People may buy a first book by Princess Martha Louise or Mary's step-mom Susan Moody because of the "celebrity factor," but they won't buy second books unless the books are good. Just as John Donaldson wouldn't be asked to continue teaching in Copenhagen if he wasn't an affective or respected professor. And people wouldn't keep buying Marie-Chantal's clothes for their kids if they weren't fashionable and well made. The celebrity factor can only carry you so far.

So even if Jesus, Telma, Paloma, Henar, etc. get some added attention or opportunities because they are related to Letizia, it's up to them to show that they are capable of the opportunities and tasks presented to them.
__________________
  #153  
Old 01-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 73
I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that. If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview let me tell you hes already screwed because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months. Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain does exist but is not well taken at all.
__________________
  #154  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that.
No, the fact that Jesus interviewed Zapatero does not mean o prove in any way that his political feelings are left-minded. If he did it in his capacity as a journalist, then he was simply doing his job.

Journalists, and for that matter, everybody has to talk to people in the course of doing their job that they do not agree with on a political, social or economic level.

When I was a student studying journalism, during an election year, I was sent out all the time to cover the activities of a politcal party whom I would never have voted for. That I went out and interviewed these leaders and candidates did not mean that I agreed with their policies -- I was simply doing my job.

Or, Jesus could know that interviewing the head of the Spanish government would be a coup of an interview and he went after it. In no way does it imply that he agrees with the man's policies.

Think of how many journalists have sought interviews with individuals whom their countries did not like or whom they themselves personally do not like? Barbara Walters has interviewed Fidel Castro despite her country's policies against Cuba. Think of how many journalists want to interview Osam Bin Laden -- does that mean that they agree with his policies or his actions?
__________________
  #155  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that. If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview hes already screw because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months. Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain exist but is not well taken.
You return to mistake in several things

1. The father of Letizia also has interviewed members of the government of the PP (right) for the same magazine, and if you wish it I can give you the direction of the magazine in order that you consult it. Also you can read it in someone of the previous articles.

http://www.notariado.org/publicaciones/escritura/

2. The Prince supports a very active relation with the Foundation Prince of Asturias and with the winning ones. He is not present at all the acts because the Foundation does hundreds of acts. But he comes to activities of the rewarded and gets together with them when he visits foreign countries. For example, Nelson Mandela was invited to the royal wedding because he had received the Prize Prince, and the Prince was invited to dinner by Woody Allen in one of his visits to New York. Tamara Rojo acted in Oviedo the day later to the Prizes, at first there was thought that the Prince was going to come (how he did last year with Paco's de Lucia Concert), but finally he returned to Madrid, and went to see her in Madrid.

3. Finally, I do not understand the problem of which Erika lives in the flat of her sister. Letizia bought this flat her work, it is her flat and she have right to do withit what wants. She might have sold or have rented it it and to earn a lot of money; because the former flat of the Princess of Asturias would sell for a lot of money. Instead of doing business, she decided to be left her sister. What you seem badly of it?
You criticize for criticizing, and not knowing any information.
__________________
  #156  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
fanletizia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
I'm not an ignorant, of course I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does, Erika went from sales books to the theater and this is not a lie, they were in a very bad position, in fact when Letizia move to Zarzuela Erika takes over her apparment to upgrade their living space.
Please, read the biography of Erika

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especi...as/pagina8.asp


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that.
To do an interview to the President of the Governement is to be lefty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
If Jesus futures jobs depends of that interview let me tell you hes already screwed because that was an awful, cursi and weird interview, the joke of Spain for a months.
It is your personal opinion, really I did not read the interview. But , It seems very rare to publish an "awful, cursi and weird" interview in a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
Thas the only thing I would add and of course I wont retract myself of what I have said, probably in your countries the nepotism is normal, in Spain does exist but is not well taken at all.
Nepotism exists in Spain . Your spain and my spain seems to be very different.

Conclusion: You dislikes Letizia Ortiz and everything around her, ok. The next time you told general arguments, like biography...., please put the link where you read it. This is the second time that you lies
__________________
  #157  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
I know Tamara Rojo is Principe of Asturias price, but Felipe dosn't go to anything that Principe de Asturias awardees (is that a word? Spanish is my first lenguage, sorry) does,
That is not true. That only proves that you have no idea of what you're talking about. Prince Felipe attends many events related with to the PoA awardees (actually almost all...). I'm not taking the trouble to present you a list, because I'm sure you wouldn't read it, but, just to talk of last year, he attended various conferences, concerts and dancing spectacles!!!!
Quote:
And for what could matter the father of a princess must be very careful because the interview with Zapatero shows the family inclinations to the left and people assumed Letizia was a lefty and can have an ascendent over Felipe in order to be more condescents with the PSOE; and the royals should'nt have public political oppinions, their families must be very careful about that.
Jesus Ortiz didn't participate in any campaign to promote the head of any political party or something! He just sent a questionnaire (it was not even an interview, but a questionnaire that was sent via e-mail!!) to the Prime-Minister of Spain!! By your point of view, the King should not great Zappatero, because the prime-minister is a man of politics and the Royal family can not show any political inclinations! Please, be rational.
__________________
  #158  
Old 01-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Ariel's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
As for Jesus getting to interview Spain's head of government -- that may have been a highlight of his career for him, but it probably affected the Spanish royal family more in that an-law was interviewing the head of the government when the royal family (especially in Spain) should be as far removed from government activities as possible. In doing so, if anything was wrong, it probably more affected Jesus' relationship with his daughter and his in-laws.
I was looking on the internet about this interview and for what i've read, it seems there have been some disagreements about the interview.

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cr...133046016.html
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com...dArticulo=5536

It is sometime a headache to be on the spotlight. There should be some limits or boundaries to protect the privacy of the people. In his case, I think he will be more careful before writing another interview.
__________________
  #159  
Old 01-30-2006, 05:28 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I was looking on the internet about this interview and for what i've read, it seems there have been some disagreements about the interview.

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cr...133046016.html
http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com...dArticulo=5536

It is sometime a headache to be on the spotlight. There should be some limits or boundaries to protect the privacy of the people. In his case, I think he will be more careful before writing another interview.
The interview cannot be considered to be such, it was a questionnaire sent for e.mail, that was sent to all the members of the government and for a magazine that is not to the sale but it is for a professional group and depends on a public department.

The dilemma is so absurd, that the previous month had interviewed the Minister of the Interior (one of the most important in Spain especially for the topic of the terrorism) and nobody had commented on anything.

In a country how Spain, with so many mass media, and many with clear political inclinations ... the envy and the disputes between press are habitual. Any interview to the Prime minister is capable of critique for the one who does it .... there are many journalists and to many people it would like to do this interview. The Prime minister has granted interviews to women's magazines or for gays ... but not to certain journalists or newspapers.

It is an exagerate and absurd polemic ... more bearing in mind that this magazine does not sell at the public in the shops, and that therefore those who write in it are not going to do any business, they are not going to acquire some reputation. The interview there are going to read those who receive the magazine, which they are a minority group.

Therefore, it is possible neither to accuse nor of wanting to earn money, nor of wanting to earn reputation ... simply he was making the same worn out that he has done with other members of the Government without it supposed no type of problem.
Will it be that some of them think that he must stop working? Or must he ask for permission whenever he does an interview to the whole Spanish press?

I believe that in Spain the Royal House, the politicians and the press ... there have more important enough things with which to deal, that of an interview in the one that is not said not importantly at all. It is an absurd polemic of so many people that arise in the press.
__________________
  #160  
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Marilène's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Here you have link to the thread "Princess Letizia as the girl and young woman":
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...man-4736.htmls
Thanx, but that link doesn't work
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006 Julia Current Events Archive 564 11-23-2006 01:46 PM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 316 11-12-2004 06:44 AM
Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004 George Current Events Archive 268 08-21-2004 05:01 PM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - November 2003 Josefine Current Events Archive 157 11-13-2003 07:37 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - November 2003 Josefine Current Events Archive 238 11-01-2003 05:18 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]