Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am never get bored when I see how some peoples and magazine try to make an ideal person of a regular normal person. Take Letizias curriculum by instance, if you read it you may think she have a Doctorado but she dosn't, she went to Mexico to studie the Doctorado and she quit after some classes, but is mencioned on the CV because when you read the doctorado mention you may think she's actually a doctor on journalism and that sounds good, aside of that not everybody has a doctorado with 31 because that takes years. She has the journalist title and the master her father imparted to her as a part of the class, nothing extravagant, a couple of month, she have what she have and is ok enough to be a journalist, I don't need lies to believe in a person or not, some people dosn't have any studies at all and still they are great people, most of the royals dosn't have any titles at all because that's not a requeriment to be a royal, even do nowadays if you are a college gratuate you have more chances to represent better your country.
If the truth for you are "poisonous commentaries" I am so sorry, but Jesus Ortiz dosn't have any title but Sound Technician, he's not a lawyer, not a journalist, he gave some classes when he wasn't suppoused to since he was teaching people that does have the title and who work hard to get it, Jesus have experience I don't say he dosn't but he's not a journalist not a lawyer again. Some law studies dosn't make you a lawyer, work on the media gave you experience but does not make you a journalist, he is a freelance journalist if any. Sorry if the truth hurts but the truth is the truth and must prevailed. He got the Zapatero's interview for being Letizia's father, that's the plain and simple truth, as well as if his wife weren't the owner of the lawyers publications he would'nt be appointed for that interview but other people on the staff that happens to be journalist and have senority with the company. In Spain what matters the most is the friends or the money and relationships you may have.

Last edited:
Scherezada said:
He doesn't have any law title, none, nothing, only the normal Bachelor studies
This is not true...what is the truth then? :D

I told you in other ocassion. You have to renove your fonts of news;)

Scherezada said:
I am so sorry, but Jesus Ortiz dosn't have any title but Sound Technician, he's not a lawyer, not a journalist, he gave some classes when he wasn't suppoused to since he was teaching people that does have the title and who work hard to get it, Jesus have experience I don't say he dosn't but he's not a journalist not a lawyer again. Some law studies dosn't make you a lawyer, work on the media gave you experience but does not make you a journalist. Sorry if the truth hurts but the truth is the truth and must prevailed.

What's wrong with being "just" a sound technician? Why must Letizia's father be a lawyer or a journalist? I have worked in television and a sound technician is a very important job on a television or movie set. It may not put someone in the public eye, but without sound technicians think how badly the quality of television shows, news shows, sports shows, movies, etc. would be.

Being a sound technician is an honest and decent job. What is the shame in that? You make it sound as if Letizia is a career criminal and should be ashamed of himself and should be hidden away in a closet.

Has he ever claimed to be a lawyer or a journalist? Lawyers and journalists are overrated anyways -- and I can speak most certainly for the latter since I am one. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I said, is not a motive to be ashamed, if someone is ashamed must be himself or the people who claims he's a journalist to make him appear as a kind of more important person or who knows....he claims to be a journalist since he signed the interviews as a journalist or get the interviews as one, because as you can underestand a president of the goverment of any country won't concede interviews to somebody who is not acredited with a serious press media and there is a wrong popular beleive or conception that he's actually a journalist, but he's not, he's a sound technician and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's not a journalist and that's my point, you aren't what you aren't, period.

Last edited:
fanletizia said:
This is not true...what is the truth then? :D

I told you in other ocassion. You have to renove your fonts of news;)

I don't need that believe me since my family are asturianos. The aunt of Letizia (Henar) used to be a cacharrera, someone who sells crafts in a more than a modest chiringo or kiosk, and after the wedding the woman have had a total lifting, she used to look awful, skiny and like a depress person, now suddently she's a fashion designer with a great store and logo, wearing designer clothes, new hairdo, facelift, etc etc etc. She dosn't look like her anymore, the change is for better but thanks to.....go figure. Everyone in town is shocked but I guess this is another poison commentarie. Beleive what you want I don't have to prove anything, the pictures speaks for me.

Last edited:
Scherezada said:
I don't need that believe me since my family are asturianos. The aunt of Letizia (Henar) used to be a cacharrera, someone who sells crafts in a more than a modest chiringo or kiosk, and after the wedding the woman have had a total lifting, she used to look awful, skiny and like a depress person, now suddently she's a fashion designer with a great store and logo, wearing designer clothes, new hairdo, facelift, etc etc etc. She dosn't look like her anymore, the change is for better but thanks to.....go figure. Everyone in town is shocked but I guess this is another poison commentarie. Beleive what you want I don't have to prove anything, the pictures speaks for me.
What's wrong if she wants to upgrade her store or herself? Did she get the money from the taxpayers? By all means, it's from her own blood, sweat, and tears.

Scherezada, may i see a source for your information?

to my knowledge, this forum require a source for any information, right?

Scherezada said:
That's exactly what I said, is not a motive to be ashamed, if someone is ashamed must be himself or the people who claims he's a journalist to make him appear as a kind of more important person or who knows....he claims to be a journalist since he signed the interviews as a journalist or get the interviews as one, because as you can underestand a president of the goverment of any country won't concede interviews to somebody who is not acredited with a serious press media and there is a wrong popular beleive or conception that he's actually a journalist, but he's not, he's a sound technician and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's not a journalist and that's my point, you aren't what you aren't, period.

I find it's rather strange that you assume a person started out working as a sound technician should be a sound technician the rest of his life. Jesus Ortiz was a director of Antenna 3 of Radio in Asturias 1983-1987, he was not a sound technician anymore even as early as 1983, that's nothing but the truth.
Who told you that a jounalist must have a journalism degree ? I know many journalists have degrees in political science or law, they are not any lesser journalists than the ones with a journalism degree. Peter Jennings didn't even have a degree, what a great journalist he was !
Jesus Ortiz had interviewed quite a few famous politicians before (go and read the article from Elmundo posted on this board). He submitted his request to interview Zapatero just like any other journalists. It was Zapatero who accepted the request from him over the others. What should Jesus do ? Turn down the offer from the Prime Minister ? LOL. If someone wants to complain, complain to Zapatero. Scared, right ? it's a cower act to blame Jesus Ortiz on the interview with the PM. Seriously, which journalist would want to miss the chance to interview the PM ! Jaime Penafiel would not for sure.

Last edited:
anyway, the people who like letizia will go on liking her even in this happens, so that's what matters. what i found awful was the fact that both jesus and henar got some kind of benefits because of being the princess father and aunt. probably jesus, because of all his experience in journalism would have got zapatero's interview (or probably zapatero met him in one of the various events (the pre wedding dinner, wedding, christening...) and they became good friends and he offered him an interview...) but what he can't get because of that is the whole degree, it's obvious there was some kind of major thing there. the same for henar. i find it great that she wants to make big her business by also designing clothes, but there are lots of new designers starting their businesses in asturias every day and not all of them appear in la nueva asturias with a whole interview and article in what they do. i believe something similar happened with erika's positionbefore and after the wedding. it's a pity this happens, that some people take advantage of some other's, and although this doesn't change my opinion on letizia as we said many times we can't judge the children because of the parents behaviour it changes completelly the idea i had of jesus and henar from the beginning.

carlota said:
anyway, the people who like letizia will go on liking her even in this happens, so that's what matters. what i found awful was the fact that both jesus and henar got some kind of benefits because of being the princess father and aunt. probably jesus, because of all his experience in journalism would have got zapatero's interview (or probably zapatero met him in one of the various events (the pre wedding dinner, wedding, christening...) and they became good friends and he offered him an interview...) but what he can't get because of that is the whole degree, it's obvious there was some kind of major thing there. the same for henar. i find it great that she wants to make big her business by also designing clothes, but there are lots of new designers starting their businesses in asturias every day and not all of them appear in la nueva asturias with a whole interview and article in what they do. i believe something similar happened with erika's positionbefore and after the wedding. it's a pity this happens, that some people take advantage of some other's, and although this doesn't change my opinion on letizia as we said many times we can't judge the children because of the parents behaviour it changes completelly the idea i had of jesus and henar from the beginning.

Carlota, one of the other aspects of this is that Jesus, Henar, Erika -- perhaps Paloma and Telma, too -- have gotten "access" by Letizia's marriage. Perhaps they are all people who have a degree of talent but they got access to prominent people and doors have been opened to them. I don't see that, that is wrong; it happens all the time that "access" has opened doors to people. I think time will tell if they have the talent/work ethic to continue to get opportunities or if the doors will close because they just don't have the abilities.

And as far as Henar upgrading her wardrobe -- if my research/academic inclined family were suddenly catapulted into the limelight and had to look at our photos with some frequency in magazines and newspapers, I'm sure there would be changes in our wardrobes!

People beleive what they want to beleive about their idols, I haven't said a lie, Jesus Ortiz is not a journalist and Henar is not a clothe designer, the whole family is taking advantage of Letizia's weddings with Felipe and in Spain everbody (who is not blind) knows that.

Sincerely this seems to me to be absurd. How someone has said more above they do not receive anything of the State, therefore, that imports to the people what they do with their life?

The people forget that is the press the one that normally chases them for the street, are going to look for them at the edge of house, to the college of the girl, to the hospital when they take to a review the grandmother .... it is the press the one that they publicizes.
The interview with Zapatero is an absurd questionnaire done for e.mail .... for the only thing that has raised commotion it is for pure envy.

As for Henar, I do not know her, but if anybody has given her a labour opportunity, why is not she going to take her? Does not she work to eat? The money does not fall him of the sky .... she works...

On the commentary of Carlota, Erika gave an interview to an agency in order that they were making her calm, she had to the press in the door of her work and in the college of her daughter. But do what she does she is bad, and do what does the press she continues photographing her daughter with total freedom (thing that they cannot do).
Before they were unknown persons, and now they are persons known; evidently their life has changed, it is absurd to think that it is not like that. But also it is true that now live chased by the street for the press and have to see how without being prominent figures publicly the people judge their lives. They have not done anything in order that it happens, it is something that they have to live because Letizia took a decision. The press chases them and all their attitudes are criticized in the television ... not only it, but besides the journalists entrometen in their personal and familiar life.

Another day a journalist of television, was commenting that she did not understand the determination of the press in looking for Thelma ... and a paparazzi answered her that ellla it was looked, that the one who was sending her to dress and to become so pretty in the baptism ... has this some sense? Thelma lives through most of the time out of Spain, but when she is in Spain the press chases each and every of her activities.

How they are a humble and normal people, it is easy to say that they are of benefit ... they might be rich, to be of benefit much more, and nobody would say anything ... but the world works this way.
It is very easy to say that they are benificado to labour level ... but very difficult to recognize what has changed the life of these persons into other many aspects, and everything what they have to support every day.

Last edited:
There is something that is a truth in many countries, when someone gets enough power and becomes an influence person, that gives you many opportunities, that a person without those connections cant have. That is a very normal thing, we cant critize Letizia's family for that. It is something normal that happens in our societies. Most of the people would take the opportunities that come to them, even if they come because your relatives is someone famous. They are not the first, nor the last ones to live that experience.

Ariel said:
There is something that is a truth in many countries, when someone gets enough power and becomes an influence person, that gives you many opportunities, that a person without those connections cant have. That is a very normal thing, we cant critize Letizia's family for that. It is something normal that happens in our societies. Most of the people would take the opportunities that come to them, even if they come because your relatives is someone famous. They are not the first, nor the last ones to live that experience.

i can understand what you said, but i think it would be much more loyable to go and get the degree by yourself or make a really good collection so that you appear in the newspapers. but anyway, that's how i would do it, some people may choose other ways, but i personally think that those other two options would make me feel a lot more proud, definetely. i guess people have different ways of obtaining things, and personally, i think that tells a lot of someone, the way you archieve things.

Yes Carlota, you are right, the best way to accomplish things is to obtain them the hard way. I just wanted to make a point that even if they dont want, people will make them life easier just because they are relatives of SRF. Many of these things comes automatically without a request being made.

In the only thing that could have improved theirlife, it is in that they have passed of being persons known to being persons known, and it always opens you many more doors, but it goes on to them to the whole world that is a family of important someone. Neither let's forget that probably and people the one that is going to look for them; only it is necessary to see the business that does the press chasing to this family. The important thing is not to abuse it, and they do not do it ... they continue living in their house, developing their life of before, have the same cars ... that probably dress better or fix up more .... also they extract them every week in television. If they was not fixing up they would say that they are a few poor and that they are not worthy.

The people are very cynical, and many of these commentaries, are made because they are a very humble people. In the powerful families and with money always they have taken advantage of their influences and it is not seen so badly.

The Princess Irene of Greece has spent the half of her life living in La Zarzuela with her sister, she is present at concerts, accompanies her in some trips ... and she is a president of a Charitable Spanish Association ... the Royal Greek family, the cousin Tatiana, some Borbón - Dos Sicilias .... they spend part of their summers vacations in Mallorca with the Royal Family .... and Letizia is criticized because one takes there a few days her 3-year-old niece. The Princes offered Menchu to spend a season with them in Madrid when she remained a widow, and she pushed it back; and when she travels to Madrid she remains in house of her sister.

The Marichalar also have been benefited, they if they were a family with good economic and aristocratic position, but evidently now it is better. The sister of Jaime is one of the socias of Manolo Blanhik's shop, and his brother Amalio organizes every year a few days on environment in Soria, that open in official act the Infanta Elena. It without possessingAlvaro and his aventures in aquatic motorcycle, his assistance to parties and his interviews.

Urdangarín's family is less known, because they do not live in Madrid and they makes it be to the margin of everything. But evidently, it has helped Iñaki and much to be the husband of the Infanta Cristina in the business that he realizes since he left the sport.
Everything the one that takes the surname Borbón, or it is a family of the Royal family has benefits, because the world works this way. In comparison, the benefits that Letizia's family obtains are minimal. Their works have not changed very much .... but they live submitted to a pressure mediática very much major that the rest.

Last edited:
lula said:
In the only thing that could have improved theirlife, it is in that they have passed of being persons known to being persons known, and it always opens you many more doors, but it goes on to them to the whole world that is a family of important someone. Neither let's forget that probably and people the one that is going to look for them; only it is necessary to see the business that does the press chasing to this family. The important thing is not to abuse it, and they do not do it ... they continue living in their house, developing their life of before, have the same cars ... that probably dress better or fix up more .... also they extract them every week in television. If they was not fixing up they would say that they are a few poor and that they are not worthy.

The people are very cynical, and many of these commentaries, are made because they are a very humble people. In the powerful families and with money always they have taken advantage of their influences and it is not seen so badly.

The Princess Irene of Greece has spent the half of her life living in La Zarzuela with her sister, she is present at concerts, accompanies her in some trips ... and she is a president of a Charitable Spanish Association ... the Royal Greek family, the cousin Tatiana, some Borbón - Dos Sicilias .... they spend part of their summers vacations in Mallorca with the Royal Family .... and Letizia is criticized because one takes there a few days her 3-year-old niece. The Princes offered Menchu to spend a season with them in Madrid when she remained a widow, and she pushed it back; and when she travels to Madrid she remains in house of her sister.

The Marichalar also have been benefited, they if they were a family with good economic and aristocratic position, but evidently now it is better. The sister of Jaime is one of the socias of Manolo Blanhik's shop, and his brother Amalio organizes every year a few days on environment in Soria, that open in official act the Infanta Elena. It without possessingAlvaro and his aventures in aquatic motorcycle, his assistance to parties and his interviews.

Urdangarín's family is less known, because they do not live in Madrid and they makes it be to the margin of everything. But evidently, it has helped Iñaki and much to be the husband of the Infanta Cristina in the business that he realizes since he left the sport.
Everything the one that takes the surname Borbón, or it is a family of the Royal family has benefits, because the world works this way. In comparison, the benefits that Letizia's family obtains are minimal. Their works have not changed very much .... but they live submitted to a pressure mediática very much major that the rest.

Right, you have cleared the point with very good examples!

They have a lot to learn from Marichalar and Iñaki's family, even do their themself are not the best example of humbleness their families are, you never get to see them on magazines stealing camara or being always in the public eye, Telma is not the only ONG person in Spain and it almost seems like, Erika is even doing theater and her brother in law who happens to be the P of Asturias patroniced her going to see the Ballet in what she worked, Jesus Ortiz is not even a journalist and have the guts to interview the president of the goverment, Henar is not a fashion designer, two years ago she was an unknown person and now she have not only a total lift but even have a store with a personal logo with a whole page for her on a newspaper, Menchu is everywhere, even on the soup, Paloma is not a sindicalist anymore but a Director of Traveling for SETSA, Sindicated but now in the CEO's side. The Rocasolanos grandpas are humble people and nobody shows them but only in important events because of course they are not glamourous and their are not taking such an advance as the Ortiz family side, wich in Spain are considered as prepotent people and Jesus Ortiz specially because the attitude he always have with the press, the guy really beleive his something, what a journalist, lol.

What a shame to Spain having had such a marvels all this time on the shadows, what a lost; and be descovered by a family marriage, wow. It is normal that being Letizia's family their faces becomes known by the public but who knew about Jesus Ortiz, Henar, Telma, Erika, Paloma and Cia. profesionally before?. Nobody. I rest my case.

Henar Ortiz two years ago.
Henar Ortiz nowadays.

The image is a collage based on Hola pictures.

Last edited:
Scherezada said:
Henar Ortiz two years ago.
Henar Ortiz nowadays.

The image is a collage based on Hola pictures.
The mother of all liftings!! This woman is a walking advertising of Extreme Makeover:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Telma doesn't chase the press, the press chase her even as far as Indonesia. It's not her fault. I actually feel sorry for her because they don't leave her alone and put her pictures in magazines. Let's just say that she's the opposite of Mary's bestfriend Amber Petty. I'm sure she knows that she's not the only NGO in Spain, but the press make it seem that she is. What do you mean Menchu is everywhere? Exactly where? As far as I know she's been minding her own business in Ribadesella? I don't blame Jesus if he doesn't want to talk to the press or give any comment about his daughter. He's discreet, and the less you say the better. Wouldn't you be pissed if you get stopped in the middle of the street with a camera on your face? I thought he has already interviewed prominent Spanish people before Letizia married Felipe. I really don't see anything wrong if Henar wanted to change her appearance. What is exactly wrong with changing your hairstyle or wearing chic clothes? Erika was not the reason Felipe watched that production, but an awardee of Prince of Asturias awards so you can't say that he came there to patronize her. Lastly, her husband Antonio Vigo nor anyone from the family said or claimed that he is the best sculptor in Spain. It all came from the press. The bottom of all these things is the press exaggerating everything.

THEY NEVER SEARCH TO THE PRESS IT IS THE PRESS WHO LOOKS FOR THEM.

The press is the one who chases them, the one who is at the edge of their house and their work. Paloma Rocasolano has almost every day a television camera at the edge of her work. This way, that you have not even idea. The father of Letizia has asked in all the possible ways that the press does not chase him, and they do not notice him. Always he has said that if they call him by telephone and they ask him educadamente from a serious way of communication he will attend to them ... but not to the persons who him chase for the street and to whom he does not know about anything.Telma whenever she travels to Madrid is chased by the whole city.

The problem is not them, the problem is of a certain called "pink" press that believes itself with right to dirige the life of the whole world. The family of the Princess, and when there is any rumor or news they chase them up to the weariness.

How I have said, before they were private persons now they are public persons ... the one who does know so well her previous life? Henar has improved, it is evident, but if someone gave to her a professional opportunity, because she does not go to acept it?
As for Paloma, the SATSE is the Union of Nursing. It is true that she change position, but her salary I do not believe that it has changed very much. One of the reasons of this change, it is that she could not go to the centers of health where there are sick persons with a car of press behind.

On Menchu, it is not true that she appears in many sites, is more since she remained a widow scarcely she has appeared and had little problems of health. Though the nacional public did not know her, in Asturias she was very known in her epoch, and so much she how her sister Marisol who was employed at the radio in Madrid they are known in the profession. They offered her was collaborating in a program of radio, thing that she rejected; and they have delivered her a prize to all her career, and she was Thelma who gathered it. Only has seen her in the Prizes Prince. For whom it does not know it to these Prizes one comes with rigorous invitation, and there are thousands of requests. The family of the Princess comes, because they are a family of the Princess, and because the director of the Foundation Prince is a friend of the family. The one who founded these prizes is Graciano García, an Asturian journalist that therefore knows Menchu for years, who has come to Jesus' wedding and to Jose Luis' funeral ... normal that invites them.

It seems that our friend is " very well informed ", I imagine that because she reads these forums of Internet dedicated to inventing and spreading different rumors, where everything is criticized for criticizing. And where they believe all the commentaries of certain journalists who criticize everything because they do not manage to do business with this family...
I am sure that the family of the Princess would be delighted if the press was not chasing it constant, especially when it is a question of the grandparents and of the small Carla.

As for the family of Maricharlar and Urdangarín, it is a totally different case; because they are not interested to the press, because the press does not chase them every day, because their life is not interested.
The family of the Princess has right to live calm, they do not bother anybody and are not public prominent figures ... why they cannot stand it so much? why follow to Jesus Ortiz up to Paris in a trip with his wife? Why they look for him boyfriend to Paloma or do photographies to her in the beach? For that the journalist and the people look for the window at the interior of Menchu's house? Why are journalist still every Thelma's movement in Madrid? Why does press wait in the door of Carla's college? Why does press chase a man of more than 80 years when he is going to buy the newspaper?
Do not manipulate the reality how the press does it. Letizia's family is one more business for the press, how it there are great important and famous people in Spain that is very tired of this type of pursuit. To the serious journalists it terrifies this situation. The family is the victim not the culprits, because they have never done business, they have never gone to any site charging.

And if you want also I have examples of the Hola ... this week there are two articles on the family of the Princess ... in one her sister Thelma eating with a friend in a restaurant of Madrid ... without any interest the photos. Other one of Jesus Ortiz with his mother, aunt, wife, mother-in-law and sister walk along the surroundings of the Royal Palace of Madrid. According to the magazine, they came to visit it because the grandaunt of Letzia (sister of her deceased grandfather) could not have come to the wedding of the Princes because she was sick, she came to the baptism and they led her to visiting the palace. It only this week.

Do you know that the Princess of Asturias is worried by the pursuit that suffers her family? Especially when it is a question of her grandparents that they are major persons and of her niece.

Last edited:
I had not read it of the ballet, and sincerely I am sorry about your cultural ignorance.

Tamara Rojo has been A Prize Prince of Asturias of the Arts of the year 2005. It is one of the best ballerinas of the world, and the first ballerina of the Royal Ballet of London. Each of her performances is an absolute success and the income are ended weeks before.

The spectacle of " Blancanieves", it was a very famous project of Emilio Aragón, a man VERY FAMOUS in Spain. Emilio Aragón is the son of Miliki, a clown with whom many generations of Spanish grew. Emilio goes years working as actor, presenter and in last years he has devoted himself to the music. Emilio Aragón was one of the guests to the wedding of the Princes of Asturias.
" Blancanieves" was the first spectacle of ballet entirely Spanish that was done in many years ... and there was an enormous expectation . The income were all exhausted.

The Infanta Elena also went to seeing the spectacle of Blancanieves; and the Queen, the Princess, the Infanta Elena and the Princess Irene have come to see Tamara Rojo in " Tango Brujo", where Erika does not take part.

They did not need any advertising, and Erika's work was of absolute discretion . The press only discovered that she was taking part in the spectacle because when she had the premiere it was in the same dates that Leonor was born.

Tamara Rojo web:

http://www.tamara-rojo.com/marcos.htm

Last edited:
Its not like Letizias family is the only one who has gotten perks because of the royal connection. King Albert upgraded the title of Mathildes family on the wedding day.

Not long ago Willem Alexander and Maxima went with the whole dutch press in their heels to see the exhibition of Maximas relative, we can alll guess how much pictures there would have been had they not been there.

And ofocurse John Donaldson would have gotten the artist/lecturer appartment and invited by the King of Norway to the Abel Prize had he not been Marys father, and his wifes books would been covered by the national press had it not been for Mary. And Marys bridesmaid Amber would have been so much in the media with all her stunts had it not been for her connection:rolleyes: And Alexandras mother and father lives on Schackenborg, even after the divorce

And moving on, Mette-Marits father could certainly not live of beeing a media clown had his daughter not married Haakon. And ofcourse Daniel Westling would not have been able to give many interviews to the serious News Paper like Dagens Industri promoting his gyms had it not been for his conncetion to Victoria, he does not mention Victoria but that paper usually does not concern itself with smal gyms and we all know why they are interested in himn.

And yes, Märtha Louise using her title in promoting her books and getting to appear with the best norwegian gospel choir on tour when she is not that good of a singer or writer.

When royals marry for love it will also fall some perks on their relatives, only Letizias family has (except for the british) the biggest and most intense press following them, It would be unthinkable in Scandinavia and benelux that the press followed the Princesses relatives around like we see in Spain and Im sure Britain when that day comes. Had the royals kept om marryig each other we would not seee what we see happening now because then the familes would already bee in the public eye

When Eva Sannum was dating Felipe the way she was threated by the Spanish press chasing her around all the time was unseen in Norway, even the Norwegian Police said on national TV that she could report them to them and she would have a good cause, ofocurse she could not do that because it would only make it worse for her. The press simply does not behave like that here

carlota said:
but anyway, that's how i would do it, some people may choose other ways, but i personally think that those other two options would make me feel a lot more proud, definetely. i guess people have different ways of obtaining things, and personally, i think that tells a lot of someone, the way you archieve things.
I guess you have higher standards than me then, because If one of my friends asked if he or she should put in a good word for me at an interesting job I would certainly say yes, people in everyday life have connections and build networks and use them for all its worth. Its just not interesting to the press

Last edited:
Larzen said:
I guess you have higher standards than me then, because If one of my friends asked if he or she should put in a good word for me at an interesting job I would certainly say yes, people in everyday life have connections and build networks and use them for all its worth. Its just not interesting to the press

i don't think it's a matter of standards either. if you know you can archieve something you have got the 60% of that something already gained. that's why i said that it tells a lot about a person as it demonstrates self confidence and hard-work.
however, if i have a really really good opportunity that is in most of the cases gained by the connections you have, i would definetely go for it, but i don't think getting a degree or launching a new collection is that kind of big deal. you can perfectly do so without the need of being the princess father or aunt, in my opinion.

forgot to say that however, larzen, i can understand what you mean. connections are everywhere and i respect totally if someone would go for those opportunities, but i really think it's not a good thing for letizia's public opinion.

I am going to put the example of the father of Letizia.

When the commitment of the Princes promised to be, the father of Letizia spoke in a program of television. Really that one was a bit a trap, and was wrong. The program, it is a program of "pink" press and does not have good reputation. But this day with the advertisement of the commitment, the program turned into the special one and the director was of informative of the channel. Juan Pedro Valentín, knew the father of Letizia and together they had given some Master; he is a very serious and respected journalist, he was de director of the serious information. But the program was not the suitable one, and though he neither said anything bad he nor was indiscreet, he was criticized very much.

Since then he does not open the mouth. Always there is press that it chases for the street ... he has got angry with them, has been educated ... in all the possible ways he has asked to make him calm and there is no way... The press takes advantage and when he gets angry they put it in television and accuse him of haughtily and bad-mannered (they do it with many people, they chase them, harass them and when they get angry put it in television). Nevertheless, there are journalists more serious that they are employed at newspapers that they have spoken with him, and they say that he is a nice and correct man. Simply he does not like that they chase him for the street.

The mother of Letizia always has been quite smiles and amiability ... but it does not use her as anything either ... in her house, in her work always there is press ... they have photographed her in bikini in the beach, going out of the doctor with her mother, gathering her granddaughter of the college and several boyfriends have looked for her...
When she goes out of working they chase to the interior of the parking where she guards her car ... she tries to smile and answers with monosyllables ... but everything has a limit.
There are occasions in those that they do to them they ask them more indiscreet questions that it could be. They ask them about any rumor or any polemic concerning the Princes ... it is terrible. They ask them about Telma and Alberto of Monaco, the supposed problems of health of Letizia or of the girl, the jeans of Leonor, or any barbarity that happens to them...

It is a very complicated situation, and test of it is that great famous people in Spain flee of the press, they avoid it, grant few interviews or prohibit that they should enter these journalist.

Last edited:
carlota said:
forgot to say that however, larzen, i can understand what you mean. connections are everywhere and i respect totally if someone would go for those opportunities, but i really think it's not a good thing for letizia's public opinion.

Carlota, please, let's not be exagerate. The press exaggerates everything. The changes in the life of this family have been minimal. The have more disadventages that advantages. They neither have flats free, not cars of luxury (and the mother of Letizia needs a new car urgently), nor earn money in magazines nor come to parties. They neither come to acts with members of the Royal Family, nor go on holidays to Marivent, nor establish themselves in house of the Princes... not not similar at all.
There is a lot of hypocrisy and a lot of envy. This type of critiques arise because they are a humble, totally unknown and defenseless family before the press. If they were a very rich family that was doing big business thanks to their new contacts ... it was sure that there were no so many critiques.

in that point i really agree with you. the spanish press is definetely too harasing and don't know where the limits are. not only to letizia's family but every other relative of any public figure will be chased continuously. i really don't think that happens everywhere in the world and it definetely has to change.
i felt really bad when they show images of letizia's grandparents, paloma's relatives mainly. even if they chase and ask questions to paloma or jesus or thelma or erika... they are young people and can deal with the situation better, but no... they ask the grandparents (i specially talk about the alicante ones as menchu seems quite good at dealing with the press) who normally answer humbly, inocently and naively as they don't know what to say and then they put the images a thousand times in tv. it's a pity this happens and that they can't even respect old people.

carlota said:
it's a pity this happens and that they can't even respect old people.

I read some commentary, believes that besides it was of a serious enough way, that the own Princess had asked some journalists, please to stop from side to her family ... especially to the grandparents, and to the girl. According to the law they should extract Carla neither in the magazines nor in the television, and if they make it they must cover the face ... they have broken this often.
Menchu controls better to the press, besides she passes a little time in Madrid because she lives in Asturias, but the press of Asturias respects her very much. The grandparents of Alicante are very simple and innocent; the grandfather is a spontaneous man who speaks when the press asks him. Paloma must pass it badly when she is with her parents and the press chases them, they are very major persons, and her mother walks badly and has a problem of sight. They are very sad and disrespectful scenes.

They do not respect anything. This week this press of dedicates to chasing to the family of Rocía Jurado one important, dear and respected Spanish singer who is sick with cancer.

Last edited:
Are there no pictures of Letizia when she was young? Letiza as baby for example;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom