Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xicamaluca said:
I read somewhere that she is working now in the Doctors without borders.

She was working with Doctors without Borders before, now she works with the Red Cross. With the Red Cross she has been employed at Cape Verde and Indonesia. Not if these images are current or ancient, probably be of a few days ago because it seems that not this one at Spain and has been going to be employed some place.

lula said:
She was working with Doctors without Borders before, now she works with the Red Cross. With the Red Cross she has been employed at Cape Verde and Indonesia. Not if these images are current or ancient, probably be of a few days ago because it seems that not this one at Spain and has been going to be employed some place.

Thanks for the explanation :) I read that just a few time ago... One more example of press accuracy :p

lula said:

I believe this was taken in March in Medan, Indonesia because i can read in one of the photos the indonesian writings, and the situation is so familiar with me... hehe...:)

letizia's aunt, henar ortiz, will launch her first collection of pret a porter clothes. here's an article from la voz de asturias.

Henar Ortiz <H1>prepara su primera línea de ropa
  • N. FERNANDEZ / M. L. CALVO. OVIEDO (23/11/2005)
238018_2.jpg

Arriba, Henar Ortiz en su tienda de decoración. A la izquierda, el logo que utilizará como sello en
Foto:ARMANDO ALVAREZ
Henar Ortiz se cuela en el armario. Entre los proyectos de futuro que la tía de la Princesa de Asturias tiene en la recámara destaca uno que ahora mismo está "perfilando", como ella misma aseguró ayer, pero del que ya pudo adelantar algunos detalles. Esta nueva aventura la llevará a crear una línea de ropa prªt porter que en principio tiene previsto poder presentar el invierno que viene.
El logo que elegirá, una hache mayúscula rematada en su parte final con una estrella. Y, aunque no quiso adelantar todos los secretos de esta nueva aventura que la sumergirá en los grandes misterios de la moda, sí confesó que diseñaría para Sandox, con quien tiene previsto "trabajar en equipo" y en cuya tienda de Oviedo --de la que ella es cliente habitual-- se venderán las diferentes prendas.
Henar Ortiz buscará en sus prendas un "look total", en todas las tallas. La diseñadora no se cierra ninguna puerta e ideará una colección que vista a hombres y mujeres de las más diversas constituciones. Todos podrán disfrutar por igual con los futuros diseños de la empresaria asturiana.
Hablar de colores, telas o estilos concretos es todavía prematuro, pero Henar Ortiz tiene claro que sus creaciones tendrán "una línea de inspiración propia", libre de esas tendencias temporales que cada año muestran ropa clónica en los escaparates. Un sello personal que pasará a engrosar la próxima temporada el escaso muestrario de diseñadores de textil asturianos.
La moda de cada día puede estar impregnada con un toque de distinción. Eso es lo que piensa y defiende Henar Ortiz quien perseguirá creaciones "versátiles y con un toque de glamour", de esas que muchos denominan como fondo de armario. Eso sí, a la hora de diseñar su colección promete "dar rienda suelta a mi imaginación".
A pesar de que su trayectoria se había desarrollado principalmente en el mundo de la decoración y el interiorismo, ya se había atrevido con líneas de complementos y bisutería. Bolsos, pañuelos, colgantes, abanicos o alfileres rematados como seña de identidad en oro y plata.
Ahora le toca el turno a la moda y a buen seguro que las creaciones de la diseñadora no pasarán desapercibidas. Henar Ortiz emprende una nueva aventura que promete envolver el próximo invierno.
</H1>

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/528/1133046016.html

CANNOT THE FATHER OF THE PRINCESS INTERVIEW ZP?

VICTOR RODRIGUEZ

Surprised, annoying, disappointed and, finally, resigned. To Jesus Ortiz it has not liked the reactions to the interview that he has done to the President of de Goverment . In the last number of public the Scripture magazine, published by the General Council of the Profession of notary of Spain and directed by hispresent woman, Ana Togores, the journalist and father of Princess de Asturias signs an ample interview to Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. In 14 questions answered by email, the president it is portrayed amiably while it exposes the wonders of his management. The hints of which the interview had been granted being Ortiz the father of the future queen did not take in going off. And according to it has been able to know CRONICA, Ortiz has fitted them with discretion but with misfortune, convinced that they throw against him to hunt by elevation.

They have found easy gunpowder in Ortiz's style and his complacency with ZP. The allusions to the president like " the anátida " in " the vertex of the herd ", to Europa's mythological kidnapping or to the " blue looks from hispeculiar space between the eyebrows " that express "determination" are an object of joke. But the interview was not less well-meaning to the ex-minister of Education of the PP, Pilar del castillo, signed by Ortiz five months before the wedding of the Prince and his daughter Letizia and published in the same head-board. They are institutional interviews. Place does not look like a magazine of 21.000 copies destined to notaries and personalities of the whole Spain to give fuelwood. It does not even go with Ortiz's character, forged in the last 18 years in any more than diplomatic world than the managerial communication.

Ortiz came from Oviedo to Madrid in 1987 of the hand of his friend of infancy Lalo Azcona. Journalist without title, since it likes to underline many people, but with 20 years of experience to the back at the time, had just gone out of Antenna 3 radio of Asturias, issuer that he himself had helped to raise. With 37 years and three daughters of 14 (Letizia), 13 (Telma) and 11 (Érica) years, one saw in the attitude to change airs. And he started being employed at the office of communication that Azcona withdrawn from the television, had created in 1983: Study of Communication. With offices in Madrid, Lisbon and Buenos Aires, a survey of the Internet portal PR News has distinguished it as the first Spanish company of the sector.

He was precisely across Study of Communication since he started collaborating in public Writing. Approximately six years ago the General Council of the Notariado reached an agreement with the consulting one in order that it was taking charge of matters of image. They decided to create the magazine, at the head of which one placed Ana Togores, employee at the time of Study of Communication. From the beginning, Ortiz has collaborated with public Writing, sometimes with pseudonym. The first interview in depth that turns out to be signed by he (with initials) is to the European commissioner of Justice and Interior, Antonio Vitorino, months before the dinner of October, 2002 in Pedro Erquicia's house in which they were known the Prince and Letizia Ortiz.

By then, in the pages of public Writing already he had met to Ministers' half popular Council (Acebes, Cabanillas,Montoro ...). And renowned journalists had written: Fernando Jáuregui, Joaquín Estefanía, Luis Mariñas... From the change of Government one has interviewed eight ministers. The last ones, Montilla and Alonso besides the own Zapatero, the three with Jesus Ortiz's signature. After Suárez and CalvoSotelo, ZP is the third president to whom interview Ortiz in his career.

The Asturian is in a difficult position. To be a father of the future queen can open many doors, but also it opens widely the windows of the intimacy. In a profession in which the discretion is a value, it can turn out to be a hándicap. He himself has admitted privately and publicly that the area that aims at him from the wedding of his daughter with the Prince has harmed him in the professional thing. In the sector there is assumed that when a company chooses a press office it bears many things in mind before that the proximity to the Royal Family of his personnel. They say that enclosed people of the world of the public relations have not found out even recently that the father of Letizia Ortiz is employed at Study of Communication. And recently it wants to say after the birth of the Infanta Leonor.

In the last months, Jesus Ortiz, who will expire 56 years in December, has been removing himself of in way. Scarcely he works already as intermediary between companies and press; he devotes himself to labors of planning, more of office. Even him this week has managed to pass for the head in some moment if he is worth continuing doing interviews.

So if I understand it correctly the father of the Princess has already interviewed many political figures even before he became the Prince's father-in-law? Maybe the smart thing to do now is to use a pseudonym to prevent Letizia-haters from saying that he got the interview for being the Princess' father. It seems like he's in a delicate situation between the nature of his job and his association with the princely couple. What do you guys think?

planetcher said:
So if I understand it correctly the father of the Princess has already interviewed many political figures even before he became the Prince's father-in-law? Maybe the smart thing to do now is to use a pseudonym to prevent Letizia-haters from saying that he got the interview for being the Princess' father. It seems like he's in a delicate situation between the nature of his job and his association with the princely couple. What do you guys think?

It is an absurd polemic. The father of Letizia continues realizing the work that he has realized for years, which happens is that now to the press is interested in him. In the previous magazine he had interviewed the Minister of the Interior and nothing had been commented, but this month is the Prime minister and certain envious journalists see dark things.
Besides, there treats itself of a magazine that depends on a public organis, which not tanq at least it is possible to buy in a shop but it distributes between professionals.

Everything what happens concerning the family provokes polemic, they cannot work calm. Their life is not very different from how it was before. Their works in some cases have changed a bit, the mother of Letizia has gone on to a work of office; before there had to travel for centers of health of Madrid, thing that now would be unthinkable with cars of press that wait for her for the exit of her work. And Erika has left her work in a publishing house of art, to spend to a producer of television where she realizes sets (she studied Fine arts, and this work is more discreet than that of the publishing house). But their life continues being the same, and they go to work every day. But the press always looks for something bad, to be able to criticize.

They behave in a discreet way, in spite of that the press chases them whenever there is some news. They chase the grandparents of Letizia who are major persons or come at the edge of the college of her niece. The certain thing is that they have to have patience great, and there is the one who takes it better and the one who takes it worse. They do not have a not calm at all life, ask them on any Letizia's absurd rumor, look for him boyfriend to Paloma, or ask them about Thelma and Alberto of Monaco ... and everything to careers for the street. It is not normal.

They are the family of the Princess of Asturias, but they do not have because to be submitted to this pursuit and this public judgment. They have endured enough good and have been discreet enough, the things should not be like that.

FROM NEWSCOM

Princesa Letizia«s mother, Paloma Rocasolano, with her parents, Francisco and Enriqueta Rocasolano visited Infanta Elena«s house to wished a Happy Christmas Holidays, 12/21/2005.

Attachments

• gamma295390.jpg
    gamma295390.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 243
  • gamma295395.jpg
    gamma295395.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 262
  • gamma295396.jpg
    gamma295396.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 210
  • gamma295397.jpg
    gamma295397.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 179
  • gamma295401.jpg
    gamma295401.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 267
lula said:
FROM NEWSCOM

Princesa Letizia«s mother, Paloma Rocasolano, with her parents, Francisco and Enriqueta Rocasolano visited Infanta Elena«s house to wished a Happy Christmas Holidays, 12/21/2005.

i'm amazed by this. i think this shows how important Elena is.
for an old grandmother & grandfather to visit the infanta in her own house? wow...
i guess this means the rocasolanos come from alicante to spend christmas with paloma, and maybe the Princes of Asturias and little Leonor ?

it would be great to see family outing like they did last year on christmas eve :) :)

;)
purple_platinum said:
i'm amazed by this. i think this shows how important Elena is.
for an old grandmother & grandfather to visit the infanta in her own house? wow...
i guess this means the rocasolanos come from alicante to spend christmas with paloma, and maybe the Princes of Asturias and little Leonor ?

it would be great to see family outing like they did last year on christmas eve :) :)

The Infanta Elena lives in the same building where Felipe Varela has hisworkshop, I would not be surprised that they went to the shop to look at clothes for Leonor's baptism and to be useful to greet the Infanta Elena. But it is very nice to see the affectionate Infanta Elena with the grandparents of Letizia. In the Royal Family they have lost all the grandparents, and the grandparents are always intimate and affectionate figures. ;)

lula said:
The Infanta Elena lives in the same building where Felipe Varela has hisworkshop, I would not be surprised that they went to the shop to look at clothes for Leonor's baptism and to be useful to greet the Infanta Elena.

this is a new info for me, lula.. wow.. that's interesting, having a famous designer you can just knock on nearby.. haha..;)

purple_platinum said:
this is a new info for me, lula.. wow.. that's interesting, having a famous designer you can just knock on nearby.. haha..;)

The Infanta Elena comes to Felipe Varela's shop, and across her Letizia came to the workshop. I imagine that for Letizia and the safety services it is comfortable that she goes to his workshop because this way they it have all controlled good since there the Infanta lives.;)

It's lovely to see the pictures of Letizia's mother and grandparents visiting Infanta Elena. I'eoften wondered how the various Royals and the families of some of the Princesses who've married into them interact (eg. Mary, Mette-Marit and Letizia). It seems the Spanish Royals don't hold any airs and graces amnogst Letizia's family.

FROM COVER

Paloma Rocasolano taking her mother to the hospital to a medical review (she has a bandaged eye) on December 22. And with her parents and her granddaughter in the circus on the 23rd.

Attachments

• CA4H2NCT.jpg
    CA4H2NCT.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 272
  • CA5OBM3F.jpg
    CA5OBM3F.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 257
  • CAAV05I3.jpg
    CAAV05I3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 232
  • CAGLQHL2.jpg
    CAGLQHL2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 205
  • CAGLQZCT.jpg
    CAGLQZCT.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 230
  • CAYN4HE7.jpg
    CAYN4HE7.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 253
That's probably why she's always wearing shades. It could be glaucoma because it's common for old people, and my late grandma had it too later in her life.

Carla is so cute. IMO, she's prettier than Victoria Federica.

I think Letizia's clothing style resembles her mother's very much.
Chic & elegant.. (not neccesarily feminime)

yes, Carla is very cute...

is this the same Circus event the family attended last year with children of infanta cristina & felipe & letizia ?

The sister of the Princess, already has returned to Spain to pass last days of the Christmas holidays and to come to Leonor's baptism. She was employed with the Red Cross at The Philippines. In the television I have seen images of the mother and the sisters coming in car to the zZarzuela, and here there is a photo of Paloma and Thelma shopping.

Semana:

Attachments

• sumario2.jpg
    sumario2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 338
I've seen alot of pictures of Telma but rarely any of Letizia's other sister. Are there any on the net?

yes, little star. there are some of photos of erika on the net (look in altavista or google for example, for "erika ortiz + letizia"). however, thelma is much more interesting to the press as she is younger and not married :)

i found really nice that paloma and her parents visited elena. it shows that they have a close relationship and that's something that most of us doubted before seeing those pictures.

talking about jesus ortiz's interview to zapatero i must say it's quite surprising as well and in my opinion suspicious. i didn't give much importance to it before i read in a magazine that he got the degree of journalist just before the interview and that he didn't finish his degree, he got some kind of "honoris causa" degree. in that case i find that totally out of place. not many people in spain get degrees after leaving studies and i doubt very much he got it because of something else than being the princess' father. the article didn't give much detail on how he got it not a source of the information so i don't know if what they said is slightly "invented" or made up by someone. does anyone know anything else about it? what it said mainly was that "jesus ortiz, letizia's father got his degree on journalism despite not finishing it. the first thing he did afterwards was making an interview to prime minister zapatero. bravo for him!"

carlota said:
talking about jesus ortiz's interview to zapatero i must say it's quite surprising as well and in my opinion suspicious. i didn't give much importance to it before i read in a magazine that he got the degree of journalist just before the interview and that he didn't finish his degree, he got some kind of "honoris causa" degree. in that case i find that totally out of place. not many people in spain get degrees after leaving studies and i doubt very much he got it because of something else than being the princess' father. the article didn't give much detail on how he got it not a source of the information so i don't know if what they said is slightly "invented" or made up by someone. does anyone know anything else about it? what it said mainly was that "jesus ortiz, letizia's father got his degree on journalism despite not finishing it. the first thing he did afterwards was making an interview to prime minister zapatero. bravo for him!"

The father of Letizia is not licensed in journalism, is licensed in Law. In Asturias in that epoch (not today in day) the career of journalism not existed, and it was necessary to be going to Madrid to study, for what was necessary to have a good economic position. The father of Letizia goes working as journalist and in the mass media all his life. There are journalists who take the whole life working and they do not have the title.
Before it was not so easy to accede to these careers and the people were studying Law, Philosophy and Letters ... and later they could work as journalists. Before not the whole world could accede to the university careers and the professionals were educated working. There are many professionals who are for all his life is being employed at something and not for having studied a career. He has been employed at the radio, at offices of communication, has given classes in Masters and courses for journalists ... so he is journalists, though he does not have a paper with the degree.

He was going many years collaborating with that magazine and he had interviewed several ministers (if you want I say to you where you can see the magazine). So I believe that the one who wrote the article that you read or he was an ignoramus or had very bad intention.:rolleyes:

And it of " honoris causa " is a science fiction, few people obtain this type of degrees , only big personalities.:D :p :D

Last edited:
Little_star said:
I've seen alot of pictures of Telma but rarely any of Letizia's other sister. Are there any on the net?
You have some in the previous pages of this thread, particularly on page nr. 3.

lula said:
The father of Letizia is not licensed in journalism, is licensed in Law. In Asturias in that epoch (not today in day) the career of journalism not existed, and it was necessary to be going to Madrid to study, for what was necessary to have a good economic position. The father of Letizia goes working as journalist and in the mass media all his life. There are journalists who take the whole life working and they do not have the title.
Before it was not so easy to accede to these careers and the people were studying Law, Philosophy and Letters ... and later they could work as journalists. Before not the whole world could accede to the university careers and the professionals were educated working. There are many professionals who are for all his life is being employed at something and not for having studied a career. He has been employed at the radio, at offices of communication, has given classes in Masters and courses for journalists ... so he is journalists, though he does not have a paper with the degree.

He was going many years collaborating with that magazine and he had interviewed several ministers (if you want I say to you where you can see the magazine). So I believe that the one who wrote the article that you read or he was an ignoramus or had very bad intention.:rolleyes:

And it of " honoris causa " is a science fiction, few people obtain this type of degrees , only big personalities.:D :p :D

ok, that kind of explains it. i thought it was going to be really weird and suspicious if he without being a personality or having a degree would get the "paper" aknowleadging he is a journalist. :)

"You have some in the previous pages of this thread, particularly on page nr. 3"

Thank you Elsa M., it's just for whatever reason alot of those pictures don't seem to work for me!

Little_star said:
"You have some in the previous pages of this thread, particularly on page nr. 3"

Thank you Elsa M., it's just for whatever reason alot of those pictures don't seem to work for me!

Little Star,

I have gone through the thread and deleted the broken links, they're all working fine right now.

I'll search around for more up to date pictures of Erica and will post them here. But we'll probably see them all on Saturday during Leonor's christening:)

Thanks alot Anna_R! I had completely forgotten the Christening was so soon!

Telma looked great at Leonor's baptism!!! Letizia and Telma are the 2 that look alike....not much resemblence with Erika.....

Yeah, Telma and Letizia are very similar and I think look like their mother, Erika's a bit different looking.

The father of Letizia is only a Sound Technician, period. He doesn't have any law title, none, nothing, only the normal Bachelor studies wich includes humanities and sciences, become a journalist in Spain is easiest that become a lawyer, in Jesus era, in this era, always journalist have being cheaper than law studies and if Oviedo didn't have journalism school much less a law school. If he didn't have the resources to be a journalist much less to be a lawyer, he doesn't have any relationship whatsoever with law studies. He started to work on the radio inspired by Menchu who wasn't a journalist either but a anchor of a show in Franco's era, where not everybody had acces to a microfone except the Falangists, people used to have short memory; but despite that point Jesus Ortiz is only a Sound Technician, that's ok, nothing wrong with that, but is not a journalist; he's working as a "journalist" on his wife Ana Togore's magazine "Revista Escritura Publica" the lawyers magazine, because he have some experience on the journalism world, and in that position his wife appointed him to do the Zapatero interview, wich was so cursi it becomes the joke of Spain that month. After that The Press Asociation of Spain gave them the membership on what they call "Tercer Turno", third class, kind of, because he has worked with Lalo Azcona and have some experience in the journalism world, and after that interview the Press Ass. needs to do something to face the complaint of real journalist who have been asking for a interview with the president of the goverment for months with no such luck, go figure. Do you know how many journalist are interested in interview Zapatero?. That interview was only, and I repeate myself, only, because Jesus Ortiz, wich is not a journalist, is Letizia Ortiz's father, period.

Last edited:
Jesus Ortiz Alvarez, father of Letizia Ortiz, has been dedicating itself to the enterprise communication for 15 years. At the present time he is Consulting Senior of Study of Communication, company with which collaborates from 1987.
Jesus Ortiz study laws in the University of Oviedo and studies of Radio and Television. He was director of Antenna 3 of Radio in Asturias from 1983 to 1987. Later it was transferred to Madrid with all his family and began to work in the mentioned agency of communication.
In period 1999-2000 was director of Aragón Antenna, company of radio located in Zaragoza and controlled at that moment by the shareholders of Study of Communication.
In addition to his activity of consultancy, Jesus Ortiz has made works of formation in different stages, being director of the company of courses Institute of Specialists in Audio-visual Journalism and giving classes of radio and television in the CPA of Aragón.

http://www.vistazoalaprensa.com/contraportada.asp?Id=19

Please, do not give false information ;)

Do you never get tired? Besides in several things they are bad informed.

To be lawyer in Spain is equal of easily that to be journalists. It is more, is a lawyer pleaded being that journalist, since in Spain there are many more Universities of Law, that of journalism.

As far as your commentary on Menchu it seems to me absurd. Many journalists who worked at time of Franc continue working nowadays and they are not ´"falangistas ". They were simply people who worked, in her case a woman very series and very respected in her profession, like her sister.

If you are interested in it here you have the information, find out before spilling your poisonous commentaries.

http://www.vistazoalaprensa.com/contraportada.asp?Id=19

Jesus Ortiz Alvarez, father of Letizia Ortiz, has been dedicating himself to the enterprise communication for 15 years. At the present time he is Consulting Senior of Study of Communication, company with which collaborates from 1987. Ortiz study of Law in the University of Oviedo and studies of Radio and Television. He was director of Antenna 3 of Radio in Asturias from 1983 to 1987. Later it was transferred to Madrid with all his family and began to work in the mentioned agency of communication. In period 1999-2000 was director of Aragón Antenna, company of radio located in Zaragoza and controlled at that moment by the shareholders of Study of Communication. In addition to his activity of consultancy, Jesus Ortiz has made works of formation in different stages, being director of the company of courses Institute of Specialists in Audio-visual Journalism and giving classes of radio and television in the CPA of Aragón. Study of Communication has not wanted to facilitate information on any concrete work made by this professional and it has limited itself to confirm that Mr. Ortiz is consulting senior of this company but we did not facilitate information on clients nor concrete works of its professional activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom