Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: March - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is Letizia's maternity leave for ?

Her maternity leave after Leonor was 3 months long, during this time she attended only one act I think (30th anniversary of the King's enthronment). This time her break will concidate with summer holidays, so it's pretty sure she will be back to work in autumn.

According to an article from La Nueva Espana, the Princess of Asturias will now be having her own secretary. I believe that with this, we'll be seeing more solo engagements involving Letizia.

Jose Zuleta, a personnel from the military's artillery corps, will be named secretary to the Princess of Asturias. For some months now, he has already been carrying out some responsibilities as required of the post. But, his official appointment will only take place once Doña Letizia retakes her agenda after the first few months of her second maternity.

Last edited:
Well thats good news. Probably now as you said we will see her in more solo engagments. I also think she needed one at the begining

kartheina said:
According to an article from La Nueva Espana, the Princess of Asturias will now be having her own secretary. I believe that with this, we'll be seeing more solo engagements involving Letizia.

Jose Zuleta, a personnel from the military's artillery corps, will be named secretary to the Princess of Asturias. For some months now, he has already been carrying out some responsibilities as required of the post. But, his official appointment will only take place once Doña Letizia retakes her agenda after the first few months of her second maternity.

Many thanks for the news, Kartheina. If it's a true one, and I suppose it's because they give a name, it's very good thing because it's a good signification for Felipe who needs for his work all the persons attached to his activity. It's good too for Letizia because it's obvious that if her duties are going increasingly she will need a secretary.:flowers:

Last edited:
I didnt realize that Letizia had so many official engagements, especially to have a secretary. I guess I didnt think she was that busy because I do not see pictures but I guess a lot of her work we dont see.

jspate said:
I didnt realize that Letizia had so many official engagements, especially to have a secretary. I guess I didnt think she was that busy because I do not see pictures but I guess a lot of her work we dont see.

She had a very difficult pregnancy with Sofia and had not been out much the last few months. Under normal circumstance, she was very busy, averaged more than 3 days of engagements each week.

jspate said:
The Casa Real website would show that she had her fair share of activities, which took place before the public: Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España. It's just that for various reasons (she and Felipe began with a joint agenda, plus, she had 2 pregnancies that required her to limit her engagements), Casa Real did not immediately appoint a secretary for her. So, to have one can be taken as an indication that there would be an evolution in her workload (i.e. hopefully, more solo engagements for her).

Considering that they already have a name and that the secretary had a test-run before his actual appointment, this makes me believe that they were planning this for a while now. It's just that the schedule for Letizia to have began her increased solo engagements coincided with her pregnancy with Sofia that is why they are pushing their timeline a few months later.

Princess Letizia enjoys a good reputation amoung all ao if she has some Patronages, if she participates in solo events, that will be very nice for the Spanish Royal House, for Princess Letizia herself and for the event itself who will have a very positive publicity! I think they should really support and defend her solo events, hope now we can see her in more solo events!

Hola has a different take from La Nueva España on Zuleta’s appointment. Instead of him being tagged as Letizia’s own secretary, according to them, he will actually just be an addition to the Secretariat of the Princes (note: NOT Princess) of Asturias.

THE NEW CONFIDANT/RIGHT HAND OF THE PRINCES OF ASTURIAS
Lieutenant Colonel Jose Zuleta, Marquis of Duero and Duke of Abrantes, will be added in the next months to the Secretariat of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia.

Jose Zuleta, lieutenant colonel of the artillery corps, will be incorporated in the next months to the Secretariat of the Prince of Asturias, which for eleven years has been headed by public prosecutor Jaime Alfonsin…

...Although the highest responsibilities of the Secretariat continue to be with Jaime Alfonsin, the House of His Majesty seems to have reached the conclusion that there is a need to have one person at the forefront to look after the increasingly extensive agenda of the Princes.

The Princess will not have her own staff

However, according to sources near the Zarzuela, the incorporation of Zuleta to the Secretariat of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia does not mean that the Princess of Asturias is going to have her own staff at her disposal and it also does not mean that she will be having a parallel/separate agenda from that of the Prince. Rather, the understanding is that when the Princess of Asturias resumes her official activities… besides accompanying the Prince, she will be presiding over some acts on her own, as she has began doing last year.

Given the necessity to coordinate the Princes’ innumerable activities, 2 recent additions were made to the number of staff – now seven in total, and Colonel Emilio Tomé de la Vega, the former field aide/assistant of Don Felipe de Borbón, was appointed as the secretariat’s deputy chief to assist Alfonsin. (The Princes’ Secretariat) is a department that is completely integrated in the bulk of offices that sustain the activities of the House of the King: security, press relations, protocol, etc. Now, as soon as the post of secondary head of protocol will be filled (as this position is currently being held by Zuleta), the Princes of Asturias will be having a new confidant/right hand.

Last edited:
kartheina said:
The Casa Real website would show that she had her fair share of activities, which took place before the public: Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España. It's just that for various reasons (she and Felipe began with a joint agenda, plus, she had 2 pregnancies that required her to limit her engagements), Casa Real did not immediately appoint a secretary for her. So, to have one can be taken as an indication that there would be an evolution in her workload (i.e. hopefully, more solo engagements for her).

Considering that they already have a name and that the secretary had a test-run before his actual appointment, this makes me believe that they were planning this for a while now. It's just that the schedule for Letizia to have began her increased solo engagements coincided with her pregnancy with Sofia that is why they are pushing their timeline a few months later.

I looked at the website you said and I never knew that she had that many official engagements, it was a lot.

La Nancy, vestida de princesa | elmundo.es

The Nancy, dressed in princess

As a fairy godmother, Herminia Marcado appeared to the Nancy to dress her as the whole princess. Delighted with the pomps that Dona Letizia takes and marked in her infancy for the fondness towards the doll, this designer of Cordoba decided to make him some of the models that the Princess of Asturias has shone in special occasions.

Gallery of photos
Nancy y Letizia, como dos gotas de agua | elmundo.es

lula said:

As a fairy godmother, Herminia Marcado appeared to the Nancy to dress her as the whole princess. Delighted with the pomps that Dona Letizia takes and marked in her infancy for the fondness towards the doll, this designer of Cordoba decided to make him some of the models that the Princess of Asturias has shone in special occasions.

Gallery of photos

Thanks Lula. Its quite funny to see somebody made a doll dressed the same way as Letizia. The dresses look quite alike. The doll doesn't really look a lot like her does she. Her face is a bit chubby next to Letizia's. :lol: Are these dolls in shops for sale? I can just see little girls play with dolls dressed like their future queen. Very cute ;)

lula said:

Gallery of photos

IMO. these are Letizia's best outfits. Cute dolls

The dolls look absolutely nothing like Letizia! But the outfits are cute, if you like dolls.

The doll's aren't supposed to look like Letizia, it's just "Nancy (the doll's name) dressed as a princess"

I'd like to have a doll in the dress from the wedding. When I saw Letizia's wedding I thought: how could she choose a dress like this? It's awful. But now I think that her dress was beautiful. But I like Mary's dress most :wub:

Nouvelle said:
I'd like to have a doll in the dress from the wedding. When I saw Letizia's wedding I thought: how could she choose a dress like this? It's awful. But now I think that her dress was beautiful. But I like Mary's dress most :wub:

I'm sorry but since a while we try to avoid to make comparaison between Letizia and Mary because it's absolutly not relevant. Your are totally right to like all that concern Mary, totally normal, but why to write it in a thread realating to Letizia? You could go on the thread only done for the wedding gowns to see how people find these Of Mary and how you could supported her....;)

lula said:

Gallery of photos
:lol: Thanks for posting
I like this Nancy http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2007/05/18/princesa_nancy/1179501733_extras_albumes_2.jpg

princess leonor said:
Are these dolls in shops for sale? ;)
On eBay you can find a lot of Leonor dolls. I think they'll sell Nancy-Leti dolls too

The dolls are cute, yes they dont look much like Letizia but so what, theyre cute enough. outfits were well made. collectors royal fans must be happy by this.Maybe Leonor & Sofia will get one each & get to dress mummy up.

This one is a private collection, simply a woman who has decided to dress to the doll Nancy with copies of garments of the Princess that she herself realizes. Also she has some dressed how the Queen or the Infanta Elena. It is a particular collection and they do not sell (at least today in day, who knows in a future).

hey! any ideas on when we will see letizia back to royal duties? it's already a month since sofia was born... i really was expecting her at froilan's communion.

carlota said:
hey! any ideas on when we will see letizia back to royal duties? it's already a month since sofia was born... i really was expecting her at froilan's communion.

I hope to see her in the Onomástica of King Juan Carlos, next 24th of June. :rolleyes:

fanletizia said:
I hope to see her in the Onomástica of King Juan Carlos, next 24th of June. :rolleyes:

I don't think so :flowers: The kings go to China to 24-27 of June.

Año de España en China

I'm sure to see her in Sofia's baptism :lol: when? I don't know and hope in Irene Urdangarin birthday (June 5) but it is difficult.

There is an article in Diez Minutos about Froilan's communion and says that Princess Letizia, who was not present at the ceremony, has a new hairdo. Apparently her hair is shorter and with bangs.

I don't know if this is true and if somebody has seen her (journalists in Zarzuela?) but I haven't found any pictures.

If it's true, I cannot wait to see how she looks.

ldt20 said:
There is an article in Diez Minutos about Froilan's communion and says that Princess Letizia, who was not present at the ceremony, has a new hairdo. Apparently her hair is shorter and with bangs.

I don't know if this is true and if somebody has seen her (journalists in Zarzuela?) but I haven't found any pictures.
I read it too and I'm sure it suits her well... she has always looked better with shorter hair.;)
Here's the article:
Felipe Juan recibe la Primera Comunión

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom