Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 3: April - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050701/prensa/noticias/Cultura/Libros/200507/01/NAC-CUL-085.asp

From the journal ABC.es

Doña Letizia will be the youngest personage of the Spanish Biographical Dictionary

If it is published in 2007, as it is predicted, this great publishing project will break the methods of work of other countries, that dilate too much in the time

Isabel Aguilar/

MADRID. It was in 1999 when the Ministry of Culture approved the financing of a dictionary that reunited the main Spanish biographies in a same collection. Six years later, balance of Real Academy of History (creator and promoter of this great publishing project) is positive, since it is in its possession more than half of which it will be the future Dictionary, whose date of edition is predicted for 2007, although esteem that the works are concluded in the middle of the next year.

The Dictionary, in which they will be able to be consulted up to 40.000 biographies, will be made up of "personages who go of the most remote antiquity to the next present time", between that we will find, as it emphasized the director of the RAH, Gonzalo Anes, from the caudillo pre Roman Istolacio (s. III a.C), personage very old than will appear in the future publication, until Jose Maria Aznar, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero or Princes de Asturias (peculiar note: princess Letizia will be the youngest personage of the biographical collection). "It seems that 40.000 figures are many - added Anes -, but they are covered immediately ". Of that number, only one fourth part not yet has been assigned, task that the Academy esteem will be completed in the next months, dice the accelerated rate to which the orders take place, about a 1.500 to the month.

Many are the hands that work in this initiative with the purpose of rescuing hidden pieces of our history after famous names or, sometimes, of popularity reduced. In particular, more than 3.700 historians elaborate the one that will be, in words of Anes, "the most important work in the scope of the letters of next the 25 years" and that, if it fulfills the calendar that it has predicted, breaks inertia and the work method that other countries have followed European, as it is the case of Italy. Taking care of the explanations of the technical director of the Dictionary, Jaime Olmedo, the key of the rapidity with which it is working resides in which "the inventoried one is made based on the importance of the personage, not alphabetically, as it happens with the Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani, that began its work in 1960 and still today it goes by letter" l "". Something similar happens with the British encyclopedia of Oxford, in which most of the biographies they have been reedited.

Relation of patronage

This quickness of the Real Academy of History must, partly, to the cooperation of companies that subscribe their Group of Protectors, as it is the case of Mapfre, with whom took place yesterday the company/signature of a collaboration agreement. Pleased by the relation of "patronage" that released with the mutual one, Gonzalo Anes recalled the figure of the missing industralist Ignacio de Larramendi (impelling of the mentioned organization of insurances), to whom dedicated generosity words "to initiate a beneficial-cultural activity which now he arrives at the Real Academy of History, reason why we will try - he finalizes not to defraud to him".

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia170.htm

Letizia unstoppable halfway through her pregnancy
The Princess, with the better appearance to date since the beginning of her pregnancy, attended together with Felipe several acts in Sabadell and Madrid.

Relaxed and happy. This was the way we all could see Letizia in Sabadell, where she participated, along with the Prince, of the conmemorative acts of the centenary of the Law School. The princess, that has overcome the sickness from her first months of pregnancy, caressed her belly tenderly in various occasions.

Cancelled an act

On June 23rd, the princes got together in the El Pardo Palace with the members of the Prince of Asturias Foundation, that is conmemorating its 25th anniversary. She just cancelled her attendance in a simulation of catastrophe, possibly because of the heat.

Attachments

• noti170.jpg
    noti170.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 241
  • noti170a.jpg
    noti170a.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 265
Thank you for the information Lachicamadrileña

Josefine said:
will the princess have any royal duties by her self?

It's really up to the King. He's the one who has powers over the engagements. Queen Sofia didn't have her own engagements until a year or so after being married.

I believe that the pregnancy has postponed things a little since Letizia is feeling hard the effects of it, but I also believe - and hope - that she'll have a few solo engagements until the end of the year:)

she will, someday! i guess they want her to get used to the role and go with felipe so that she knows how to do it by herself well. time will tell... i guess the protocol people of the royal house will decide when she is ready to have her own schedule.

seems she isnt having a good pregancy. we havent seen her for ages. i kind of miss her :) we were quite used to see her quite often, at least 2 times a week... and she sudenly cut down. i guess she wont be in palma in the regatas this year as it was said she became dizzy on a boat and that shouldnt help now that she is pregnant. if i'm not wrong they probably started their holidays this month and thats why we dont see them that often.

Letizia will have acts alone in the future, but I believe that up to after the pregnancy nothing of nothing.
Normally the pregnancies are not perfect and she is having problems with the nauseas. Since I have said other times, it impedes her to come to acts that are out of Madrid because she has to be raised in a helicopter. Because of it, she has suspended her assistance to some acts in the last weeks. Besides, I imagine that they does not want to traverse risks with her and that something happens to her, with tempetaturas of 30 and 40 degrees a pregnant woman cannot be of here for there.

As for the activities they continue. This Monday they come to Ciudad Real and on Tuesday have a hearing, in both cases they are acts related to presidencies of honor of the Princess Letizia. The next week probably the president of Colombia does a visit oficial to Spain, and I imagine that there will be luncheon and dinner. The Prince will deliver military offices in some points of Spain but it seems that Letizia will not accompany him.

carlota said:
we havent seen her for ages. i kind of miss her :) we were quite used to see her quite often, at least 2 times a week... and she sudenly cut down.

Yes she has cut down but to say we have not seen her for ages is a bit of a stretch IMO. It is now just July 3 and her latest official task was on June 27th. she also was out and about on June 23, 22,16, 15, 13, 10, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3. Which averages 3 times a week in June.

http://noticias.hispavista.com/corazon/20050706210024/Cristina-de-Orleans-No-tengo-el-placer-de-conocer-a-dona-Letizia/

Cristina of Orleáns: "I do not have the pleasure to know to Mrs Letizia" 6 July 2005 MADRID (EUROPE PRESS)

The presentation of the new product of a cosmetics mark acquaintance enabled that we could speak with Cristina of Orleáns, who responded us to some questions. "To me i like to take care of the hair and I do it habitually, although in the summer is more difficult and me do not I take care of it so much as in winter", emphasized on its cares of beauty.
Relating to the Real Family and the embarrassment of Mrs Letizia, the daughter of Beatriz of Orleáns commented: "I have sent a letter of congratulations to the Princes of Asturias by the embarrassment".
In spite of it, Cristina he has not spoken with them personally. "Do not I have the pleasure to know to Mrs Letizia", he admitted. Al to ask him for Irene, the daughter of Mrs Cristina of Bourbon, he indicated: "in spite of being in Barcelona, I have not taken advantage of to be going to see it and do not I know it still".

hellomagazine.com has a poll up about Letizia. The question is "Letizia's softer maternity look?". Right now there are 1000 votes for "Much more appropriate and flattering" and 84 votes for "She should stick to her sharp suits ".

Last edited:
rchainho said:
http://noticias.hispavista.com/corazon/20050706210024/Cristina-de-Orleans-No-tengo-el-placer-de-conocer-a-dona-Letizia/

Cristina of Orleáns: "I do not have the pleasure to know to Mrs Letizia" 6 July 2005 MADRID (EUROPE PRESS)

The presentation of the new product of a cosmetics mark acquaintance enabled that we could speak with Cristina of Orleáns, who responded us to some questions. "To me i like to take care of the hair and I do it habitually, although in the summer is more difficult and me do not I take care of it so much as in winter", emphasized on its cares of beauty.
Relating to the Real Family and the embarrassment of Mrs Letizia, the daughter of Beatriz of Orleáns commented: "I have sent a letter of congratulations to the Princes of Asturias by the embarrassment".
In spite of it, Cristina he has not spoken with them personally. "Do not I have the pleasure to know to Mrs Letizia", he admitted. Al to ask him for Irene, the daughter of Mrs Cristina of Bourbon, he indicated: "in spite of being in Barcelona, I have not taken advantage of to be going to see it and do not I know it still".

Hehee :D She didn't say "embarrassment" at all. What she said was the Spanish word for "pregnant" and it sounds like "embarrassment" so seems like it should be the natural translation.

http://www.diariopalentino.es/secciones.cfm?secc=Vivir&id=176510

«Letizia Ortiz is a very present princess»
SantosM. Coronas spoke of the Bourbons in the conference of yesterday. He gave yesterday a conference in the arts center of Palencia, he managed to meet 11 assistants. In the chat, the speaker treated referring themes to the Spanish

Monarchy of the 18th Century.

What main ideas he tried to transmit the assistants of his chat The royal household of the Bourbons: between the tradition and the reformism?
Therefore the main idea that is to say that Marries of Bourbon of Spain of the 18th Century is the same thing that to say reformism diciochesco. It is a French new dynasty that well be under the reign of Felipe V, of their son of Fernando I SAW, of Carlos III and finally of Carlos IV covers a century of reforms, but also troubled movements as can be the expulsion of the Jesuits or the Riot of Esquilache. In short, is easy the reform in no case and does neither be going to be it in the 18th century.
What differences exist between the historic Monarchies and the Monarchies of the present epoch?
Today we have constitutional kings that derive its power of the Constitution and of the assignment that the company does them as visible head of the State, that is the great difference that exists between the historic Monarchies and the constitutional Monarchies of our epoch.
How it is carrying out Mrs Leticia Ortiz its functions of Princess of Asturias?
Well, I believe that well, although do neither I want to think a lot on that. Yes that one must say that Mrs Letizia Ortiz is a very present princess that has tuned in very well with the most dynamic movements and youths of the company and that has contributed some air of innovation in the Spanish royal household that the about more al town, that is of where proceeds.
Which is its opinion about that a prince, like Felipe, have contracted marriage with a woman that is not inside the royalty?
Not, I prefer not to think on that. I me center more in the history.
Referring to the descent of the Princes of Asturias, ¿what can occur if the son that expect is a girl?
If the son that expect the Princes was a girl quickly would be carried out a constitutional reform to avoid the existing problem in the historic epoch since they made changes itself dynastic when already had been produced an inheritance fact. Then to avoid that the best is to anticipate the reforms al birth. With the media ecográficos that exist nowadays I suppose that already will be able to guess which will be the sex of the future heir.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050708/51188638756.html

REPORTERS. Another key is the naturalness and freshness of its reporters, selected by its director, Light Aldama. One of them could be called journalist Letizia. I discovered Tuesday the past to it: in a reception in the Zarzuela with journalists, Doña Letizia, amused, remembered Light Aldama that many years ago appeared to casting like reporter... and it did not surpass it. Aldama agreed: "I was no it counted to anybody, trusted that you did not remember...". It placed diagonally Don Felipe, thanked for: "I am glad of which you rejected it, because if you had accepted it perhaps today I would not have it here with me". Today, in fact, Doña Letizia is making otroEspaña direct.

http://www.elmundo.es/suplementos/cronica/2005/509/1121551215.html
pix.gif

THE OTHER CHRONICLE THE PROBLEM OF BEING LIKE LETIZIAThe SIMILARITY is so amazing that friends of the King greet it. Esther is Catalan, it dedicates itself to the communication through the publicity and her grandmother is Ortiz. The announcements do not go to him well by their similarity but it takes advantage of the new Filo'n
pix.gif
BEGOÑA GOMEZ
pix.gif
1121551215_0.jpg

Mur is 34 years old (Letizia will fulfill 33 in September). It is enough to comb it equal and something of maquillaje in the chin to turn it Princess de Asturias.
When Letizia Ortiz not yet knew to do plongeon nor had (foreseeable) nightmares with Jaime Peñafiel, to Esther Mur or it noticed its father to him: "There is a girl in the Television newscast that is looked much like you". Then, this modelo/actriz (she says it thus, without conjunction) Catalan did not know that that similarity would finish being its greater source of income.

Now, like officious double, it must manager, it makes enough more money and it has made three Chronicles Martian and a Pink Sauce. Soon we will see it in Latrelevisión, with Peñafiel to the square, in version original and doubled by Carlos Latre. Even so, it has rejected several times to put naked. It only wants "to make works worthy", assures.

With those same words, Mur wrote a letter to the Real House in which it explained his work and it requested a private hearing that never has granted to him. Its intention was to be contracted as double official to replace the Princess in some acts "as it happens in other monarchies". By all answer it received a letter "thanking for its amiable words" and (or that creates she at least), the visit of an unexpected emissary months later.

Mur was eating for lunch in a small vegetarian restaurant of the street Hospital of Barcelona of which she is assiduous when a handsome and very thin girl who "spoke Catalan a perfect one and without accent" approached to him. It was not Letizia, but almost. Her sister, Telma Ortiz, accidentally found it (?) in the small establishment and it asked to him for its intentions. It seems to be that they ended almost like friends and a hug.

In order to avoid the "oppression" of which they recognize it, Esther, of 34 years, usually goes "with the curled hair, sandals and skirts hippies". That yes, to characterize itself, to only needs him to smooth the hair and to put some of the Letizia sets that use to work.Among them, sure the iconic white suit of the hand requested one.Then, its aspect deceives anyone. A friend of the King who saluted to him with "we see in the wedding" while she recorded a news article for television, or the ones in charge of security of the Cathedral of the Almudena that, always according to Mur, called to Real House recriminating to them that they had not warned of the visit.Also cause rage between the people of the street, sure that to him usually it says that is "more handsome in person" and who to see if it eats more and it gains kilitos. And the taxi drivers more once have refused to receive the race to him.

The confusion has arrived until means: in an occasion, a Catalan newspaper published that Letizia had caused to a great commotion watching clothes for babies in a commercial center of Madrid and the rumors of pregnancy untied. More of the false alarms: the one that bought trajecitos it was Esther and nonLetizia.

In tele to only they add something him more of chin, via maquillaje, and they clarify to something the hair to him. The rest, tempered voice and energetic gestures including, put she. "It is what it surprised to me more in the beginning, to see that we had the same way to speak and to move to us", says.

In addition to the similarity, the model says to feel "symbiosis" with the Princess. "I knew that she was pregnant before they confirmed it", it promises. And one dares to advance that the Heir will be young and later will come the girl. Altogether, it sees the Princes with three children. Names? "Of second or third name, equal Jose puts the one to him of the grandfathers of Letizia [ Luis ], that died months ago".

It already has happened through this: it has a son of 10 years and now it loves a girl. If its prediction is confirmed, would be a point more within its "theory of the parallel lives". That is to say: "I am called Ortiz on the part of grandmother [ Ortiz is his third last name ], am of the same generation, have separated parents and, although I have not exerted the media, my ex- husband yes who did".

In addition to double, Esther is almost fan. It bothers to him that to Letizia they criticize it constantly, thinks that "it is making it everything with much professionalism and dignity" and it admires it "to resign to its profession by love". Perhaps for that reason it defends it with ardor when it interprets to the Princess in the Chronicle table and parodia does not do any grace to him that the Mònica actress does indeed Perez in the competition, the program of Buenafuente. "It does not look like, she imitates to Letizia just as she makes other personages, and it does not seem well to me that she speaks bad and she ridicules it".

Before becoming casi-Letizia, Mur gained the life with the publicity. It carried out campaigns of Ariel or the Siren and got to appear in announcements of Martini next to George Clooney. For year and means, it has been lamented, the nonborbónico work is scarce.Nobody dares to put the finger in the eye of the Real House. "I thought that I would be like in England, which they use to the double of Reina for the announcements, but is that here nobody risks". When they contract it, the maquilladores always receive orders of the producer: "Mainly, that is not looked like her".

Resigned, then, to live on Letizia, it would not matter to find a double to him of Felipe and to dedicate themselves to the skittles in pair like the imitadores of the Beckham. For who is wanted them to finance, several ideas are happened to him: "it would enchant to Me to make a program of alternative kitchen, that is no". It is vegetarian, "like Reina". And it would cook dressed Princess?, "No, I would present/display and have the cook alongside". Rarer things have been seen in television.

I feel it but this girl is a stupid and the opportunist one. Besides that I do not believe that she looks like so much Letizia, only she has put on the same hair and a suit similar to that of the asked one. It is clear in that in the television of this country anyone can do money going out in television, and saying bilges that it is what has made this woman. I believe myself not even a word of that says. :mad:

first of all... this girl esther didn't say anything to be judged as true or false (even less to be defined as stupid). some people said she resembles letizia... me, myself, i think she is quite similar... some may not think so. whether you think so or not it's not a reason to call her stupid or oportunist. there was another girl from the miss spain contest who was also famous because of being "similar to letizia" and nobody called her stupid or opportunist.

....moreover, i can't see anything to think she is opportunist...

esther does look a bit like letizia but i agree that it's more due to hair style/color and suit than facial features.

carlota said:
first of all... this girl esther didn't say anything to be judged as true or false (even less to be defined as stupid). some people said she resembles letizia... me, myself, i think she is quite similar... some may not think so. whether you think so or not it's not a reason to call her stupid or oportunist. there was another girl from the miss spain contest who was also famous because of being "similar to letizia" and nobody called her stupid or opportunist.

....moreover, i can't see anything to think she is opportunist...

Carlota probably reading this article could not come to this conclusion, but I take her seeing months in television and if I can come to this conclusion. She has been going to several programs of television, to say little or nothing her histories being invented and earning money. Even a relation was invented by a man (famous only for being the exmarido of a famous woman in turn for being daughter and wife of famous bullfighters), to sell it to the television and the magazines and this way to earn money.
She is one of these prominent figures ready to telling any thing so as to obtain a few minutes of reputation and a good money, because of it she seems to me to be opportunist and totally disrespectful.
Prominent figures exceed in the television that they are famous or known for nothing and that they tell any history to earn money, which they had to do was to devote theirself to a serious work and not to earn money at the cost of others.

The correct translation for embarazo is pregnancy, not embarrassment like is being said on this message.

rchainho said:

I don't understand something : for me Beatriz of Orleans has two daughters : Clotilde and Adélaïde so there is a mistake in that article.

assia said:
I don't understand something : for me Beatriz of Orleans has two daughters : Clotilde and Adélaïde so there is a mistake in that article.

You have reason, Beatriz of Orleans has two daughters, and a son. This article is bad (not where the journalists have the head), I believe that this girl is a granddaughter of one of the sisters of the mother of the King Juan Carlos who is married with an Orleans.

This girl, Ester, want to make money and to be famous.

(After the announcement of the royal wedding, Esther saw increased her current account, even had to contract a manager to handle to all the people who ask her for her role as princess.

She has appeared in "Martian Chronicles" - where they only increase her chin to end of maquillaje and they clarify a little the hair - and in other televising shows.

In addition, she has been able to feel what is to be famous and circular by the life.

She says that often the taxis do not receive money from her, that the friends of the king greet her and people who approach her to comment that she is "more handsome in person". )

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition;Since when the royal houses use doubles?

(Months ago a letter arrived at the Spanish Royal House in which a young person offered itself to be the official double of Letizia Ortiz. The woman offered herself to replace the princess in some acts "as happens in other monarchies".)

Last edited by a moderator:
i read many times about famous people having "stunts" because of risk of problems or big incidents. however, none of them was royal... but it wouldn't be the first time.

about this girl esther, i have not heard of her since that time they once did a trick in the street ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom