The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

La Princesa de Asturias presidirá el próximo mes de septiembre en Toledo el V Congreso Estatal de Educadores Sociales

The Princess of Asturias will preside next September in Toledo at the V State Congress of Social Educators

The Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia Ortiz, will preside at the V State Congress of Social Educators " The professionalization: tours and portraits of a profession " that will take place in Toledo, next 27th, 28 and 29 of September .

Old 07-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Noticias breves de actualidad

Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

great!!! she'll go back to work in september!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Nobility

From left, Princess Letizia's dress in Denmark two days before Prince Frederik's Royal Wedding and Queen Sofia's dress the day she was proclaimed as Queen., 07/00/2007. A dressmaker has a original hobby: making copies of the Princesses' dresses for her Nancys dolls collections.,in Cordoba, Spain, EUROPA PRESS/GAMMA
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/...9/11939161.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/...9/11939166.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/...9/11939157.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/...9/11939156.jpg
Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns View Post
This one is beautiful, it's my favorite dress.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

'Doña Letizia es consciente de su estilo, siempre quiere ir correcta'

' Dona Letizia is conscious of her style, always she wants to go correct '

This 40-year-old person from Madrid formed in New York and Florence, is one of the designers most respected inside the wedding mode. The Royal Family adores him, from the infanta Cristina, whom dressed the day of her wedding, up to the princess of Asturias, whom a perfect couple forms

Lorenzo Caprile's name is joined to the creation of wedding dresses and to that of dona Letizia. He jumped to the reputation after making the wedding garment of the infanta Cristina, though already before he had designed that of Carla Royo-Villanova, and since then he turned into one of the tailors of reference. His talent also has conquered the princess of Asturias, who has chosen many of his suits for her public appearances.

- Why did Letizia choose him?

- I would not be able say to you. You should ask it her. I have not done it.

- What they have jointly Felipe Varela and Lorenzo Caprile, two of her favorite designers?

- So that we dress a very feminine woman. A very conscious woman of her style, who always wants to go correct and adapted for every occasion. I believe that none of the two we try to revolutionize the world of the fahion and to look for an elegant image of her, sure of yes same. I think that dona Letizia is a model for other women.

(...)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
'Doña Letizia es consciente de su estilo, siempre quiere ir correcta'

' Dona Letizia is conscious of her style, always she wants to go correct '

This 40-year-old person from Madrid formed in New York and Florence, is one of the designers most respected inside the wedding mode. The Royal Family adores him, from the infanta Cristina, whom dressed the day of her wedding, up to the princess of Asturias, whom a perfect couple forms

Lorenzo Caprile's name is joined to the creation of wedding dresses and to that of dona Letizia. He jumped to the reputation after making the wedding garment of the infanta Cristina, though already before he had designed that of Carla Royo-Villanova, and since then he turned into one of the tailors of reference. His talent also has conquered the princess of Asturias, who has chosen many of his suits for her public appearances.

- Why did Letizia choose him?

- I would not be able say to you. You should ask it her. I have not done it.

- What they have jointly Felipe Varela and Lorenzo Caprile, two of her favorite designers?

- So that we dress a very feminine woman. A very conscious woman of her style, who always wants to go correct and adapted for every occasion. I believe that none of the two we try to revolutionize the world of the fahion and to look for an elegant image of her, sure of yes same. I think that dona Letizia is a model for other women.

(...)
I wish there was more Caprile and less Varela in the future. I don't know why she's so fond of Varela. The majority of his designs are just boring and more suitable for women of Palomas age and not for a young woman in her mid thirties, as Letizia. There must be more inspired spanish designers around than him and they deserve a chance
Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Caprile only realizes dresses of wedding, and dresses of gala, does not realize another type of clothes.

I have commented on it often, I believe that ultimately it is a confidence question. The Queen has Margarita Nuez, the Infanta Cristina to Jesus del Pozo and the Princess to Varela. The infanta Elena chooses often for foreign design, and the Queen when does not choose for Margarita Nuez does it for Valentino or Escada, and the Infanta Cristina, is in the habit of going of Jesús del Pozo or Armani.

I do not want to remember what happened when the Princess dressed an Armani.

The Princess is comfortable with Varela and his clothes, and the most important thing, Felipe Varela has been always a discreet man to the end, he has never looked for advertising for dressing the princess, nor has done the minimal commentary on his work for her. And this discretion and this serious work is very important for the Royal House. The Princess, initially, was dressing also of Adolfo Dominguez, clothes that already was going in her epoch of journalist. As it she had friendship with someone of the mark, but apparently this person has changed of company.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Caprile only realizes dresses of wedding, and dresses of gala, does not realize another type of clothes.

I have commented on it often, I believe that ultimately it is a confidence question. The Queen has Margarita Nuez, the Infanta Cristina to Jesus del Pozo and the Princess to Varela. The infanta Elena chooses often for foreign design, and the Queen when does not choose for Margarita Nuez does it for Valentino or Escada, and the Infanta Cristina, is in the habit of going of Jesús del Pozo or Armani.

I do not want to remember what happened when the Princess dressed an Armani.

The Princess is comfortable with Varela and his clothes, and the most important thing, Felipe Varela has been always a discreet man to the end, he has never looked for advertising for dressing the princess, nor has done the minimal commentary on his work for her. And this discretion and this serious work is very important for the Royal House. The Princess, initially, was dressing also of Adolfo Dominguez, clothes that already was going in her epoch of journalist. As it she had friendship with someone of the mark, but apparently this person has changed of company.
I do hope he gets rid of the shoulder pads in his new collection for Letizia and uses some fresh colours and designs that are suitable for a young, elegant woman. Sometimes I'd rather see his designs on Queen Sofia and not on Letizia. Don't know what happened but IMO Letizia was the best dressed CP during the first two years of her marriage, since then it has changed towards a boring and dull housewife styling
Old 07-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Majesty

i'd rather letizia chose to go a bit more with adolfo dominguez. he can be trendy and fashionable but at the same time he seems to also like making clothes like the ones letizia wore when she was a journalist. besides, it would be a change and i bet adolfo can do much better for letizia than those boring look-alike suits felipe varela does for her.

some pictures of felipe varela's last collection at estarguapa.com: Estarguapa :: Cibeles Otoño-Invierno 02/03 :: Felipe Varela
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
some pictures of felipe varela's last collection at estarguapa.com: Estarguapa :: Cibeles Otoño-Invierno 02/03 :: Felipe Varela
His colection is very trendy.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
His colection is very trendy.
I don't know about the trendy part. It's almost all black and not one design excites me. What is the deal with all the black leather gloves?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
I don't know about the trendy part. It's almost all black and not one design excites me. What is the deal with all the black leather gloves?
I am wondering too. To be honest, similar clothes can be found in any El Corte Ingles shop, "designed" by no names. IMO Varela's designs are not qualified to dress a royal, they lack excitement and a special touch. And all these dark and dull colors ... they don't suit Letizia at all. She deserves better than him!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Some outfits are quite elegant for a night at the opera with Felipe. But on daytime occasions they're quite boring indeed
Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I am wondering too. To be honest, similar clothes can be found in any El Corte Ingles shop, "designed" by no names. IMO Varela's designs are not qualified to dress a royal, they lack excitement and a special touch. And all these dark and dull colors ... they don't suit Letizia at all. She deserves better than him!
Obviously, Letizia does not agree.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Album of old photos in the occasion of the 35 birthday of Princess de Asturias next the 15 of September

ANP Beeldbank
Old 08-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

These actresses...

Antonio Banderas prepara la mejor paella del mundo, según Penélope Cruz - 20minutos.es

Penélope Cruz

Her icon of the excellent fashion was, from her youth, the actress Audrey Hepburn. Nowadays she is left to inspire also for the style of the princess Letizia and of Sienna Miller.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I do hope he gets rid of the shoulder pads in his new collection for Letizia and uses some fresh colours and designs that are suitable for a young, elegant woman. Sometimes I'd rather see his designs on Queen Sofia and not on Letizia. Don't know what happened but IMO Letizia was the best dressed CP during the first two years of her marriage, since then it has changed towards a boring and dull housewife styling

Can we heard your words as a systematic critic? If I'm asking to me that is because when the Princess of Asturias is wearing an estupendous black dress which correspond in all the wardrobe of all refined and elegant woman as an "objet incontournaable" , totaly of her age and puting ahead is beauty, you are the first to say that isn't very regal to wear this kind of dress very modern, perfectly well cut, respecting the decency. Because this stuning dress is shorter that the Princess is generally woring, you said it's not princely!! your criterium make me confused
Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I must accept that most of her wardrobe is excellent. Nothing to criticize there...My critics only goes to some of her opinions, her past...Well, you know me. I'm a "tyranosaurus rex", as I uses to said...a real dynosaur! But I do not think her way of dressing could be criticized. It's just fine. I find it stylish and elegant. And black IS elegant to wear. Maybe it's more suitable to the night than to the day. But it's fine.

I do not believe that Doña Letizia could be criticized for her physical appareance , nor for the fashion she choose to wear.

Vanesa.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Can we heard your words as a systematic critic? If I'm asking to me that is because when the Princess of Asturias is wearing an estupendous black dress which correspond in all the wardrobe of all refined and elegant woman as an "objet incontournaable" , totaly of her age and puting ahead is beauty, you are the first to say that isn't very regal to wear this kind of dress very modern, perfectly well cut, respecting the decency. Because this stuning dress is shorter that the Princess is generally woring, you said it's not princely!! your criterium make me confused
No you can't adelaide. I thought that Letizia looked great etc in that black dress, all I said was that I felt it was the wrong choice for the occasion. In fact, the goodbye dinner for the balearean dignitaries was her first - and only - apperance this summer where I thought she actually looked really good. That impression was shattered only one day later but I am sure you have already read my post about that occasion in the vacation thread

Closed Thread