Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: March - September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a great step to chnage for Letizia, she has always had the same style, change is good, i do to think it does suit her. I hope we get a chance to see her soon.

I hope she has not cut her hair too much, she was very pretty withe long hair and she could have wonderful "coiffures" during official acts !

It's not the first time that Letizia cut her hair more or less. During her first pregnancy she wore her hairdo quite short many often. Eveb at the begining of this pregnancy she wore a light hair layered. She was abslotly beautiful.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( thanks getty, Vienna Report )

( Thanks Getty, Reuter)

It's well knowd that after a pregnancy wich is very tiring for the health it's very good to cut the hair which sometimes are a little destroyed.

Last edited:
Great news, I said a lot of times that letizia must curt her hair!!
I cant wait to see her new look, beautiful as always!!

I love this her hair in this pic adelaide!!

Yeah, I heard from the Infanta boards that the Princes, Leonor, and Sofia had lunch at Letizia's dad's house with her grandmother last Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope her hair does look better than Princess Maxima's one...As much as I like the Netherlands Crownprincess, her hair was nothing my favorite Royal Lady's hair!!! :lol: I think that these last days, some Princess changed their hairstyles...Crownprincess Masako allow her hair to grow longer...

Vanesa.

zaza61 said:
I hope she has not cut her hair too much, she was very pretty withe long hair and she could have wonderful "coiffures" during official acts !

No question she needed a haircut. But I hope she doesn't cut it too short (eg like Mary). It may look nice but too short hair reduces the variety of hairdo's, especially in gala events and when wearing a tiara. Letizia has great hair to work with and she had amazing stylings in the past!

Seems that most princesses have understood that point as none of them has a really short haircut (Mary's hair is getting longer again, maybe for that reason). Lack of variety means they'll be accused of a boring styling.

Last edited:
Powerful ladies who impose their styles
Women example of majesty and great elegance

The suits that princess Letizia in the day of her weddings, its pregnancy and its clothes of each occasion has shone, summon to all the glances of the world to copy a style that in addition to sober and formal conserves the joy and the youth of a sovereign adored by its town.

http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo...d=34C58ACEE6F5420586C78D37C9BFD28D&Seccion=13

Doña Letizia will be the honorary chair of the 1st International Conference on Children and Television in October. The event will bring together media experts to tackle issues around the effects of television on children. Case studies on the experiences in particular countries (like Spain, Italy, and the United Kingdom) and in geographic zones (like South America) will be discussed together with the results of researches commissioned to the Instituto de Estudios de la Democracia. Among the new research studies that to be presented will include “Television and Child Audience in Spain” as well as new references in terms of the “Criteria and Contents of Programming and Guidelines of Conduct”. Among those that are expected to attend are Arturo Canalda (Children's Ombudsman of the Comunidad de Madrid), and other experts like Enrique Bustamante, Eduardo García Matilla and Sonia Livingstone (President of the International Communication Association).

Source: Noticias PYME

thanks for the information!!

I can't wait to see her again!!!

kartheina said:
Doña Letizia will be the honorary chair of the 1st International Conference on Children and Television in October. The event will bring together media experts to tackle issues around the effects of television on children. Case studies on the experiences in particular countries (like Spain, Italy, and the United Kingdom) and in geographic zones (like South America) will be discussed together with the results of researches commissioned to the Instituto de Estudios de la Democracia. Among the new research studies that to be presented will include “Television and Child Audience in Spain” as well as new references in terms of the “Criteria and Contents of Programming and Guidelines of Conduct”. Among those that are expected to attend are Arturo Canalda (Children's Ombudsman of the Comunidad de Madrid), and other experts like Enrique Bustamante, Eduardo García Matilla and Sonia Livingstone (President of the International Communication Association).

It's a great news!

kartheina said:

Maybe Letizia will start having more solo engagements now. Good for her. It's been a while since we last saw her during her royal duties.:)

It will be nice to see her back at her royal duties, athough completely understand her main priority is her children and should be.

IMO she is doing a great job and has really lived up to expectations of her. She's a strong woman. The Children and Television issue is a good one too.

ABC.es: gente - gente - La Princesa se recorta la melena

The Princess cuts her lock

Overturned in the lactation of her daughter Sofía, the Princess of Asturias scarcely goes out of Palace. When she does it always she warns: only it can be one hour and a half, which is the time that has between capture and capture to be able to make her things and even accompany Don Felipe on private or familiar acts like it happened last week. Tell me those who have seen her that Dona Letizia already has recovered perfectly her silhouette and of there that has not had to change anything of her wardrobe of before she remains a pregnant woman. What yes she has taken advantage these days is to change a bit her "look" standing out the lock and a just length being left over the shoulders.

For those of you who follow Princess Letizia and may not have been over at the thread of the Saudi King's visit to Spain, she attended a private lunch for him at the Zarzuela--there are two images. You can't see her very well, but, there she was, if you're interested.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...bdulaziz-saudi-arabia-june-18-20-a-13007.html

Thanks Lucys, I hadn't seen these photos yet. This is great. :flowers: Although you can;t see her very well, she looks great :wub:

thanks for these two pictures!! it's great to see her again!!!

Last edited:
great!!! she'll go back to work in september!!!!!!!!!!!!

From left, Princess Letizia's dress in Denmark two days before Prince Frederik's Royal Wedding and Queen Sofia's dress the day she was proclaimed as Queen., 07/00/2007. A dressmaker has a original hobby: making copies of the Princesses' dresses for her Nancys dolls collections.,in Cordoba, Spain, EUROPA PRESS/GAMMA
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/db/screen/11939/11939161.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/db/screen/11939/11939166.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/db/screen/11939/11939157.jpg
http://press.picturedesk.com/images/db/screen/11939/11939156.jpg

'Doña Letizia es consciente de su estilo, siempre quiere ir correcta'

' Dona Letizia is conscious of her style, always she wants to go correct '

This 40-year-old person from Madrid formed in New York and Florence, is one of the designers most respected inside the wedding mode. The Royal Family adores him, from the infanta Cristina, whom dressed the day of her wedding, up to the princess of Asturias, whom a perfect couple forms

Lorenzo Caprile's name is joined to the creation of wedding dresses and to that of dona Letizia. He jumped to the reputation after making the wedding garment of the infanta Cristina, though already before he had designed that of Carla Royo-Villanova, and since then he turned into one of the tailors of reference. His talent also has conquered the princess of Asturias, who has chosen many of his suits for her public appearances.

- Why did Letizia choose him?

- I would not be able say to you. You should ask it her. I have not done it.

- What they have jointly Felipe Varela and Lorenzo Caprile, two of her favorite designers?

- So that we dress a very feminine woman. A very conscious woman of her style, who always wants to go correct and adapted for every occasion. I believe that none of the two we try to revolutionize the world of the fahion and to look for an elegant image of her, sure of yes same. I think that dona Letizia is a model for other women.

(...)

'Doña Letizia es consciente de su estilo, siempre quiere ir correcta'

' Dona Letizia is conscious of her style, always she wants to go correct '

This 40-year-old person from Madrid formed in New York and Florence, is one of the designers most respected inside the wedding mode. The Royal Family adores him, from the infanta Cristina, whom dressed the day of her wedding, up to the princess of Asturias, whom a perfect couple forms

Lorenzo Caprile's name is joined to the creation of wedding dresses and to that of dona Letizia. He jumped to the reputation after making the wedding garment of the infanta Cristina, though already before he had designed that of Carla Royo-Villanova, and since then he turned into one of the tailors of reference. His talent also has conquered the princess of Asturias, who has chosen many of his suits for her public appearances.

- Why did Letizia choose him?

- I would not be able say to you. You should ask it her. I have not done it.

- What they have jointly Felipe Varela and Lorenzo Caprile, two of her favorite designers?

- So that we dress a very feminine woman. A very conscious woman of her style, who always wants to go correct and adapted for every occasion. I believe that none of the two we try to revolutionize the world of the fahion and to look for an elegant image of her, sure of yes same. I think that dona Letizia is a model for other women.

(...)

I wish there was more Caprile and less Varela in the future. I don't know why she's so fond of Varela. The majority of his designs are just boring and more suitable for women of Palomas age and not for a young woman in her mid thirties, as Letizia. There must be more inspired spanish designers around than him and they deserve a chance :D

Caprile only realizes dresses of wedding, and dresses of gala, does not realize another type of clothes.

I have commented on it often, I believe that ultimately it is a confidence question. The Queen has Margarita Nuez, the Infanta Cristina to Jesus del Pozo and the Princess to Varela. The infanta Elena chooses often for foreign design, and the Queen when does not choose for Margarita Nuez does it for Valentino or Escada, and the Infanta Cristina, is in the habit of going of Jesús del Pozo or Armani.

I do not want to remember what happened when the Princess dressed an Armani.:ohmy:

The Princess is comfortable with Varela and his clothes, and the most important thing, Felipe Varela has been always a discreet man to the end, he has never looked for advertising for dressing the princess, nor has done the minimal commentary on his work for her. And this discretion and this serious work is very important for the Royal House. The Princess, initially, was dressing also of Adolfo Dominguez, clothes that already was going in her epoch of journalist. As it she had friendship with someone of the mark, but apparently this person has changed of company.

Caprile only realizes dresses of wedding, and dresses of gala, does not realize another type of clothes.

I have commented on it often, I believe that ultimately it is a confidence question. The Queen has Margarita Nuez, the Infanta Cristina to Jesus del Pozo and the Princess to Varela. The infanta Elena chooses often for foreign design, and the Queen when does not choose for Margarita Nuez does it for Valentino or Escada, and the Infanta Cristina, is in the habit of going of Jesús del Pozo or Armani.

I do not want to remember what happened when the Princess dressed an Armani.:ohmy:

The Princess is comfortable with Varela and his clothes, and the most important thing, Felipe Varela has been always a discreet man to the end, he has never looked for advertising for dressing the princess, nor has done the minimal commentary on his work for her. And this discretion and this serious work is very important for the Royal House. The Princess, initially, was dressing also of Adolfo Dominguez, clothes that already was going in her epoch of journalist. As it she had friendship with someone of the mark, but apparently this person has changed of company.

I do hope he gets rid of the shoulder pads :eek: in his new collection for Letizia and uses some fresh colours and designs that are suitable for a young, elegant woman. Sometimes I'd rather see his designs on Queen Sofia and not on Letizia. Don't know what happened but IMO Letizia was the best dressed CP during the first two years of her marriage, since then it has changed towards a boring and dull housewife styling :shock:

i'd rather letizia chose to go a bit more with adolfo dominguez. he can be trendy and fashionable but at the same time he seems to also like making clothes like the ones letizia wore when she was a journalist. besides, it would be a change and i bet adolfo can do much better for letizia than those boring look-alike suits felipe varela does for her.

some pictures of felipe varela's last collection at estarguapa.com: Estarguapa :: Cibeles Otoño-Invierno 02/03 :: Felipe Varela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom