The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I made a rough translation here:
Your Opinions About Felipe and Letizia
Thank you for the translation.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Nobility

Thanks Lula!
This article is a great truth and it´s really exciting and sincere.We are a lot who admire to princess Letizia.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Courtier

I like the article. You can never know the true character of a woman until you've met her or actually talk to her even for just a few seconds.. In case of Letizia, I don't know but I simply adore her from the first time I saw her pictures up until now..
Old 02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Talking

some old videos (from tve)

Old 02-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the videos, agm, nice to know they aren't getting lost.

Now we all know that "Letizia likes being criticized", what are we going to do of this piece of information? We also learnt that she is a fan of one of our forum members: congratulations, lula!

I hadn't seen the third video before. It's weird, it looks like a documentary on Letizia's work that was being recorded as she was working in the Prestige disaster coverage.
The fisherman shouting "Letizia, you are gonna fall down!" .
What could have been the purpose of filming her like that at that time?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
some old videos (from tve)
Great videos! Thank you so much .
Old 02-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
What could have been the purpose of filming her like that at that time?
There are many images that are not emitted in the TV news articles, but rescued this material of the archives to do this special one and to show how the future princess worked, when she was journalist. When those images were taken, she was not still fiancèe of the prince.

TVE did a very interesting documentary, was a good opportunity to obtain hearing, had the advantage of which Letizia worked with them and had many unpublished images hers.

(sorry for my Inglish)
Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks so much for the video ! Letizia has been a good reporter and now she is a good princess !
Old 02-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the beautiful video's. Letizia is really great!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Nobility

I have really liked much this videos.
To see the dedication, the delivery and the passion that Letizia put to her work is a true pleasure. She was and continuous being a great professional.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Gentry

Yesterday's column by Peñafiel dealt with last week's small controversy about the erratic information policy of the royal house concerning the rumour Letizia and/or Felipe had gone to the Valdebernardo apartment in the morning the sister was found.
On February 11 Peñafiel wrote a column criticizing the royal house advisors for having prevented Letizia from going to meet her parents at the apartment, but as the newspaper was published a note had to be included in which it was stated that the royal house denied having prevented Letizia from going and confirmed she did go.

Mi semana
Jaime Peñafiel

Story of a “Clarification”

As a believer, when I sin, I regret it; as person, when I offend someone, I apologize; and as journalist, when I am mistaken, I always correct myself.

Today’s chronicle is the story of a clarification note that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by many people who, even in good faith, taught it had been published following a demand of the Royal House concerning an information mentioned last Sunday in my weekly column in the Crónica supplement [of the newspaper El Mundo], which is printed on Saturday morning. It could hardly be this way, since the clarifying note was inserted, at my request, on Saturday evening, when the newspaper edition was about to close, since it was materially impossible to include a longer chronicle. For all these reasons, it was impossible for the Zarzuela [i.e., the Royal House] to have requested a correction on a story that they did not know yet and that would not be published until Sunday morning. All those who saw the mentioned explanation a slanted, tricky or mistaken, or who simply did not understand it, as Eduardo Sotillos, a member of a discussion panel at the TV channel La Sexta (“it comes as a surprise that the only correction demanded by the Zarzuela about everything that has been published on the death of Érika has been precisely directed to that guru of the monarchy, Jaime Peñafiel”), force to me to remind them that the Royal House has always been very respectful, exquisitely respectful, I would say, towards my freedom of expression, even if sometimes they do not share my opinions or I go too far in expressing these opinions, being as they are subjectively critical.

A clear demonstration of the fluid relationship the House maintains with this journalist [meaning himself, Peñafiel] is the story that will be the topic for today’s column and that I proceed to tell.

Érika’s Parents, the Only Ones Who Could

Because of the respect due to the parents of the ill-fated young woman, Zarzuela Palace, always so cautious when dealing with certain subjects, abstained from issuing any news on the matter, from the very moment in which the tragic death of Érika was known. They thought that this responsibility fell on Jesus Ortiz, her father. They only accepted to give the collaboration and help that was requested to them in what concerned the deployment of security personnel around number 40 of Ladera de los Almendros Street, in the Madrilenian district of Valdebernardo, where Érika had lived since her sister handed the apartment over to her when she married. As a result of this lack of information and the impossibility to get confirmation neither by the Royal House nor, by all means, by the Ortiz family about the whole crazy flow of news and rumors arising in the late morning of last Wednesday, people started taking for true some facts that could have happened, or could be happening or not, inside the walls of the apartment in which Érika had been found. The only fact that was possible to confirm was the presence of the parents (although nobody saw them), the first ones to arrive after they were informed by Roberto García, the young woman’s boyfriend.

Sister Courage

The first thing I was interested to find out, as all other journalists, was whether Letizia had also gone to her sister’s home. We all came to assume that she had been advised not to go, given her advanced state of pregnancy. This was the impression I reflected in my Crónica column. The matter could have remained like this, without a denial being issued. However, when I heard journalist Gustavo González, on the Antena 3 program Where Are You My Heart?, saying that the one who possibly did go was the Prince, I was compelled to contact the Real House. Don Juan González Cebrián, director of external relations of the Zarzuela with the Press, who had just arrived from Germany, where he had accompanied the King, strongly denied to me Don Felipe’s presence in Valdebernardo, but he admitted, without me asking him, the presence of Letizia, who, as soon as she learnt the tragic news from her father, ran to her sister’s apartment. And she went alone. Alone with her pain. It is not known whether it happened so because the Prince was attending a hearing at the moment (oh, those terrible servitudes and sacrifices of the position!). The meeting with her parents, before the corpse of her sister, will always be for her the most dramatic moment of her life. At that moment, her role as a princess became the role of a sister courage. That moment had to be no less terribly dramatic for Jesús Ortiz and Paloma Rocasolano, facing as they were the greatest tragedy parents can experience: surviving the death of a daughter. This journalist, unfortunately, knows what it means suffering this kind of pain [as Peñafiel’s daughter also died in strange circumstances]. My first thoughts went for them. When Letizia was convinced that nothing more had to be done [se convenció de que ya nada había que hacer], she returned to the Zarzuela, devastated.

Unlike queen María Cristina, who, as I referred in the previous Crónica column, was forced by Prime Minister Cánovas to attend an opera gala while her husband, king Alfonso XII, was agonizing, in Letizia’s case no Cánovas could have been enough to prevent her from running to where she believed she had to be. Even if it had to be alone, alone with her pain.
- EL MUNDO | Suplemento cronica 590 - Mi semana
Old 02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Gentry

Thank you for the videos. She is still as much a professional as she was as a journalist. Does anyone know how to save the video's?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder when Peñafiel will be late in way, wing turn to his former defamation and the wicked commentaries.

It is curious how he has changed the tone. His first article after Erica's death, was wicked, terrible. Later he has been relaxing ... normal, for his first article he got tremendous critiques of many people. He overcame the limits that the people could support and one has force to rectifying.
Besides, the attitude of the Princess, Ortiz Rocasolano and the Royal Family did not put on it easily.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Gentry

True, lula, but nevertheless I see a hint of wickedness in his remark about Felipe not going with Letizia because of that alleged hearing (supposedly held in some other room at the Palace, but not registered in his official agenda).
Also, in the sentence about "Letizia was convinced that there was nothing left to do" (se convenció de que ya nada había que hacer) he uses a forced syntax open to different interpretations.
Above all, I think Peñafiel wants to stress that his powerful contacts with the royal house remain intact.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Felipe had gone to Erika's apartment, the old man probably would have accused Letizia behaving so unprofessionally and rudely by interrupting her prince's important audience, accused her being so inconsiderate at the safety of the heir by dragging him to a populated apartment building without the security check in advance. The old man will never change, he was merely toning down a little for his own benefits right now .
Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

From everything I hear about Penefiel he sounds like a real nut case! Why do the Spanish even give him the time of day!
For him to accuse Letizia of being responsible for her sister's death is unthinkably evil. You would think he'd have empathy given his own personal experience, but no, he's completely hateful and heartless!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Princess Letizia won the contest "Pre- mom Fashion"

EL LOOK PRE-MAMÁ DE LA PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS, FAVORITO DE LOS LECTORES DE HOLA.COM

She has more than 8.000 votes, She is so beautiful.

I like her Style.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
Princess Letizia won the contest "Pre- mom Fashion"

EL LOOK PRE-MAMÁ DE LA PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS, FAVORITO DE LOS LECTORES DE HOLA.COM

She has more than 8.000 votes, She is so beautiful.

I like her Style.
That's great for Letizia. She won by somewhat of a large margin. I'm surprised the votes weren't closer than that. I as well love her style, pregnant or not!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
That's great for Letizia. She won by somewhat of a large margin. I'm surprised the votes weren't closer than that. I as well love her style, pregnant or not!
I was really surprised too because last time I checked the poll, Mary was way ahead of Letizia and Maxima! Anyway I'm glad that she won, her style is always so simple yet lovely, (except perhaps for that grey dress she wore recently).
Old 02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I was really surprised too because last time I checked the poll, Mary was way ahead of Letizia and Maxima! Anyway I'm glad that she won, her style is always so simple yet lovely, (except perhaps for that grey dress she wore recently).
By reading the other board, Letizia was already ahead the second day of voting. It's just another silly poll of Hola or Hello.

Closed Thread