Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: December 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fanletizia said:
What is the job of Princess of Asturias? The Constitution of Spain does not say ANYTHING about the job of a Princess of Asturias.

Other points:
1.-She lives well, her husband gains a lot of money, better than many women and worst than many princesses.
2.-I live in Spain and people here is not asking to see her princess, as you said.
3.-This is not her first pregnacy and remember that some women(not millions) have to stay in bed due to the pregnacy.

Finally, something similiar to the last part of your post....remember --there are thousands, thousands of children that can eat with the prize of one tiara.

I do not intend to enter in polemics but I had this very same discussion in other board. The constitution of Spain is a general law, it does not talk about specific functions or rights, it provides with a general ground in which the congress and the tribunals enact laws. The fact that the Constitution does not give details of the job of the Princess of Asturias, it doesn´t mean she has no functions. In law and in Spain, you first look to specific laws that refer to the issue, if no specific law refers to the issue you take the matter to more general laws, either enacted by the High Court or the Supreme Court, if no law can be use as a reference the Constitution enters in the game, if the Constitution does not specify anything about the issue, in Spain unlike Anglo-Saxon countries, it is then the moment when you actually look to the issue of costume.
By costume I mean previous behaviours or actions that can be use to judge a situation. In Anglo-Saxon countries that might be used in lower tribunals, but not in Spain you need to go through all the rules or/and laws.
In the issue of costume, there is a precedent with which to judge the actions Letizia should do or not, and those are the actions or behaviours of previous members of the Royal Household. So you can actually compare the job of Letizia with the job of either the Queen or the Infantas (no longer Infantas since they married). But just in the case you intend to use some kind of legal frame to the matter ;)
Again, the Constitution is not meant to talk about specifics, those are dealt by laws not the Constitution. It is a general law and legal frame, not a specific law regulating the events in the Royal Household.

I hope this helps. :flowers:

Infanta Crisitina and Elena are still Infantas even if they are married

fanletizia said:
2.-I live in Spain and people here is not asking to see her princess, as you said.

That is because a lot of people in Spain don't follow the SRF like we do, so I doubt they notice too much when she is missing.:ermm:

Also (and I know that your post wasn't directed to me), when I said that I want to see Letizia, it wasn't because I was being picky or trying to imply that people were mad that she hadn't been seen, it was purely because I wanted to see her! She is the Crown Princess of the country that I live in and I like to see her in acts.

Anyway, we've seen her now and she looked very healthy and happy :flowers:

lis said:
Infanta Crisitina and Elena are still Infantas even if they are married

My mistake on that one them :blush: , there is a discussion on another board about morganatic laws, and they are arguing about why they were in use for some of Don Juan's brothers and not the actual king's daughters and the Prince of Asturias. I think they argue they have not been abolished, and I kinda got things messed up when it was mentioned the issue of the Infantas being giving the title of duchess when they married in there. Sorry again on that one. :flowers:
But the issue of the Constitution is a valid one, the fact that it does not mention Letizia having any duties it doesn't mean she cannot carry any duties, there are no laws as far as I know regulating the activities of either the Queen, the Infantas :)blush: ) or Letizia. :flowers: The Constitution cannot and should not be used for that discussion. :flowers:

This is getting funny. admit it or not some of us are biased... some of us like Letizia. some of us not but all I can say is that eventhough we haven't seen Letizia in over a month for whatever reason she has, when she's physically able she does a tremendous job. no one can deny that not even the fans of other CPss. Imagine having royal duties almost everyday!!! I'm a follower of almost all CPss and I've seen that Letizia is just as perfect as a future Queen of Spain.. Let's stop this nonsense...Remember that some CPss have disappeard too during heir pregnancy.. so stop acting as if Letizia neglects her duty as a CP of Spain for over a month. She has a lifetime to serve the people of Spain. Even if I'm not Spanish I think she's gonna be a very good queen..:wub:

Several warnings of this kind have been made in this thread before. However the message didn't seem to sink in.
This is a final warning before the Spanish Moderators will decide to take tougher steps like closing this thread for a while (something, I am sure, none of us wants).

And this is also not directed to any particular member but the discussion in general.
  • This is no place for comparisons between Princess Letizia and any other Princesses. This is Princess Letizia's current evetns thread.
  • Until we have actual news of Princess Letizia's activities, posts of the kind "Where is Letizia?", "Why isn't she doing public duties?" etc. will be removed without notification.
  • For discussion of the state of Princess Letizia’s pregnancy, visit the Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl thread.
Several recent posts were removed to avoid future confrontations.

Every single person in this Board has the right of his/her opinion, which is greatly respected. However constant posts of this kind have no use and don't contribute to this thread in any way. They only result in occasion fights and general hostile mood here.

If any of you have questions, problems or other issues, contact one of the Spanish Forums Moderators (Ennyllorac, Anna_R and Avalon).

Last edited:
adelaide said:
Sorry, Doña Alicia, I'm just watching at the link; thanks for the information. It's funny to see the names of the others most elegant women!

It is quite alight adelaide. I read the article thinking it was a joke. I was a little surprised to see Miss Spears and our dear Princesses in the same category.

madeline victoria said:
Imagine having royal duties almost everyday!!!!
What's wrong with that? Work for all of us, is everyday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doña Alicia said:
It is quite alight adelaide. I read the article thinking it was a joke. I was a little surprised to see Miss Spears and our dear Princesses in the same category.

Me too, Miss Spears isen't for me the archetype of the elegancy!

biboquinhas said:

I must agree with that, absolutely! Nowadays, Royals has not political duties, so, they must at least , perform they Royal duties with joy and cheerfulness (Princess Letizia is very dutiful and always perform them with a smile in her lips) . If they wouldn't do that? What's the reason for them to keep being Royals? Only to have a beatiful life, to wear expensive jewels and so on? mmmhhh. That's dangerous.

Vanesa.

Pregnant Women's Duel In European's Courts

The princesses Letizia of Spain, Maxima of Holland and Mary of Denmark return to fight in duel "competing" in beauty and elegance during their pregnancies.

WHAT STYLE DO YOU LIKE MORE?

You can vote for one of them here:
DUELO DE EMBARAZADAS EN LAS CORTES DE EUROPA

:lol: I have voted for three times, 1 vote for each of them, because I think that the three Princess are very pretty during their pregnancies,And because there must be no rivalry between three futures mumys!:flowers:

Thanks Paty! I already have voted for Letizia, of course...

biboquinhas said:

sorry but i don't intend my post to be impulsive.. i'm just saying what i saw of Letizia for the past months during her non-pregnancy days. I'm just praising her for a job-well done bec almost everyday she has a royal duty to attend to. of course i don't like the idea of having a CPss (eventhough we don't have one) who sits in her room and looks at her clothes everyday. we all want a CPss who is hardworking and serious in her job. sorry but i don't exactly get the idea of your previous post? i'm not saying that working everyday is a crime. for heaven's sake! i have a job to do every day too...:)

Vanesa said:
I must agree with that, absolutely! Nowadays, Royals has not political duties, so, they must at least , perform they Royal duties with joy and cheerfulness (Princess Letizia is very dutiful and always perform them with a smile in her lips) . If they wouldn't do that? What's the reason for them to keep being Royals? Only to have a beatiful life, to wear expensive jewels and so on? mmmhhh. That's dangerous.

Vanesa.

i agree with you.. being royal is a privilege but not something you should use to your own advantage!;)

Allways the theory of the appearences! We know it's not the case for the Princes of Asturias even if theirs detractors are saying that they do nothing.

Today and particulary in Spain, it's not easy and relax to be "royals" and to have royals duties. I think that with the economic, politic and social landscape, they have to work so much to be very credible. As you know the Mornarchy is becoming the equivalence of competences too!

fanletizia said:
What is the job of Princess of Asturias? The Constitution of Spain does not say ANYTHING about the job of a Princess of Asturias.

Other points:
1.-She lives well, her husband gains a lot of money, better than many women and worst than many princesses.
3.-This is not her first pregnacy and remember that some women(not millions) have to stay in bed due to the pregnacy.

Finally, something similiar to the last part of your post....remember --there are thousands, thousands of children that can eat with the prize of one tiara.

You are absolutely right, her life is very very very comfortable. On the other hand, we must give justice to Letizia. She has been raised to a completely different world, she was not used at all to this life. It is not easy to suddenly become a "Princess", especially when you arrive "from nowere", and when Felipe has imposed you, and when a big part of his family was against. She was observed by everyone, everyone was especting her to make mistakes.
And I think she is succeeding very well to her difficult role.
I do not say that her life is difficult, but she has the choice to just stay at home and drink coffee with her friends. But she goes out, accompanying Felipe everywhere. Before Leonor's birth, she managed to be out, till the "last" time, and for this we have to congratulate her.

Last edited:
We don't have any informations to appreciate the resitance of the Princess of Asturias for this new pregnancy- and for the majority of us, we don't have any competencies to do that- but we can observe that for each pregnancy Letizia is begining by losting a lot of weight- remember her pics during the Royal Family photosession in Palma this last summer, it was obvious that Letizia was totaly sick and quiet nauseous-

Then, she was go on to feel bad, plus her babies aren't schrimps, in particular the futur new Infanta.

To make a good coctail, you add some psycholic pressures because the succession law, and you season the all with some smear campaigns about her work, her family!

With that, you have the best conditions to have a beautifull baby because you don't have any domestic problems!

Yes, the Princess of Asturias is a very privileged woman and she can never complain because it's a choice, isen't it?

I must say that princess Letizia causes a lot of expectation (even more that the other prinsesses), the press is always over her, everyboby want to know about her dayly activities, isn't that estressfull?:bang: for God Sake leave her in peace.:angry:

Nobody could resist what she actually does.:mad:

catango said:
I must say that princess Letizia causes a lot of expectation (even more that the other prinsesses), the press is always over her, everyboby want to know about her dayly activities, isn't that estressfull?:bang: for God Sake leave her in peace.:angry:

I have to say you are not very far awy of the truth!! Happily she have the strong figure of her husband beside her.......:wub:

catango said:

Yes , the press is always over her because people want to know about her, all of you are "consumers" and when she doesn´t appear for a while you are desperate for a pic or some news, so your comment is at least ambiguous.
As for your last phrase, i really don´t think her job is unbearable, nor even difficult; just put on nice clothes and show a smile is not what i should call stressful!

rosana said:
Yes , the press is always over her because people want to know about her, all of you are "consumers" and when she doesn´t appear for a while you are desperate for a pic or some news, so your comment is at least ambiguous.
As for your last phrase, i really don´t think her job is unbearable, nor even difficult; just put on nice clothes and show a smile is not what i should call stressful!

Let me tell you That if I said that I want to see her is not because she has to put on a dress and go out, I like to see her working not just because I want to see her, and also, being in the public eye must be so stressfull, so don't tell me that it is too easy, because it is not.

Obviously there is a reason Letizia is not out and about as much, personally I would rather not see her at all for 9 months in the hope her health is taken care of and the couple end up with a healthy baby girl.

I look forward to the MANY events Letizia will attend in the future.

If her pregnancy is doing well I don't see any reason for her to be at home! In my opinion she has a job to do and that is her obligation! She is a public "celebrity" so it is natural that everyone wants to see her, everyone talks about her, to me that is very normal, so if she doesn't appear for a long time it is normal that people talk about it!

People don't want to see her, the problem is people is obsessed with her, and that is wrong.

obsessed with Letizia or these forums - I think that´s more the question - sure it´s boring when nothing's happening - it´s not exclusive to Letizia - it´s the same on all the other threads when it is a slow month - maybe when it´s slow we should all go in a chatroom or something and wait til things pick up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom