The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
this rules because "is the "rule" of game" which one????, you
I mean this is the rule of the game of being a celebrity, Letizia accepted to become a public person, and she knew very well that she will be constantly under the public attention, so she is playing the game. If she did not want to be constantly under this attention, she would never have accepte to marry Felipe. Her new status, is a whole package, and it goes WITH these slight inconveniences. This is what I mean by "rule of the game".

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
But for our case, it seems that the Princess of Asturias does'nt care about so much exitation for some poor pics not very clear taken in a shop, it's she who is regal!
You are right. Her new life makes her so happy, that she does not give any attention to such minor details.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seams that people who where there shopping where keep away not to disturb the Princess

Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
It seams that people who where there shopping where keep away not to disturb the Princess
And how do you know that?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Well, i doubt that! the princess would not want to affect other people's shopping just because she's there. the fact that Letizia is in a public place she knows that there may be people around trying to have a glimpse of her. i seriously doubt that people are "kept away" so as not to disturb the princess while shopping. if she does not want to be disturb then might as well shop in a more private shop like high fashion shops for kids wherein they can offer security and of course the possibility of having people popping in and out to see her.. and lastly, having seen Letizia while she's in public (of course picture only) i doubt she wants people to "keep away" from her while she's doing her shopping. she likes to be with people. a last minute shopping wouldn't be that bad.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

a portuguese article about letizia of being the great absentee of the skiing in baqueira beret in spain by nova gente.

http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?127fs863125.jpg
Old 01-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks fore share with us the articule.
I think is normal that Letizia didn´t go to Vaqueira Beret this year, cosidering that she is 4 month pregnat, i think is dangerous to Skiing while you are pregnat, isn´t it?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
a portuguese article about letizia of being the great absentee of the skiing in baqueira beret in spain by nova gente.
They lacking information. The vacations in Baquiera stopped being a tradition in the year 1999, last year in which the Kings were in Baqueira. And it was not until last year when the Infantas returned together to Baqueira.

It is supposed that the Kings stopped skiing for age ... but it seems that also for other circumstances like Baqueira's mass-people to where every time more politicians and famous prominent figures were going, and more press; and for certain problems with the safety.

The Princes have been going to ski, but in calmer weekends. And it is evident that for a woman with a recent Caesarean or pregnant , and a baby of 2 or 14 months ... the ski is not the best entertainment.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

do you know when is she going to appear again?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
do you know when is she going to appear again?
Acording to the calendar, The Princess has not an official event next week. But, as in other ocassions, I hope that Princess will be with Prince Felipe in some hearing on Monday or in Utrera Sevilla or in the lunch offered to President of Maly or in the Reception to the Diplomatics
Old 01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

Am i wrong or she only appears with Felipe, at receptions, awards,etc.. She should get something to do alone, who arrenges the schedules? because she´s doing nothing lately.What a difference with Maxima, and the pregnancy is no excuse any more!
Old 01-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Gentry

Question

What do you mean by "the pregnancy is no excuse anymore"? All pregnancies are different and not all women are the same. Some have it easy and some suffer like hell.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Why do peple have obsession on Princess Letizia?
What's the problem if she doesn't appear. is her life not us.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I share your opinion, because all the reasons put in ahead to judge the behaviour of the Princess are doing by comparaison with the other Crown Princesses.

Is anybody of her detractors thinking that may be the Royal House prefere that the Princess stay quiet?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What's the problem if she doesn't appear.
The problem is that people would like to see their Crown Princess.

*Before anybody attacks me with comments such as 'she is sick' etc, take note that I have already expressed my view that it is possible she is having a difficult time.* But I still think we should see her, afterall, as I said, she is our Crown Princess.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Courtier

But what is the diference between see her or not, she remains being the Princess of Asturias
Old 01-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But what is the diference between see her or not, she remains being the Princess of Asturias
Obviously I don't speak for all of the people here, but as she is our future Queen, it would be nice to see her out with Felipe representing her country. Yes, we know she is the Princess of Asturias, but it would be great to see her in her role as Princess of Asturias

Of course if she is ill, then fine, she won't feel like it and I wish her well. Just my little opinion.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Obviously I don't speak for all of the people here, but as she is our future Queen, it would be nice to see her out with Felipe representing her country. Yes, we know she is the Princess of Asturias, but it would be great to see her in her role as Princess of Asturias
i agree with sofia. in spanish we have this saying that goes "ojos que no ven, corazon que no siente", meaning that what you don't see, you don't feel.
i know she isn't having a difficult pregnancy, but being out of the scene for a month is quite a while. i think two hours in an audience with felipe is not too much to ask.
Quote:
it's her life, but a public life after all, paid with spanish taxes so... i think it's more than fair if the people want to see her.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Courtier

I think is rude to say "it's her life, but a public life after all, paid with spanish taxes", so, she has to be out there just because people want to see her, I'm sorry, but I think that the rol of a Princess is more than that.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

i agree with most members who say she has to be out and about abit more. She is the future queen, she is pregnant, dont know how its going (difficult or not) but i think its not an excuse not to do things. I know i shouldnt compare but other CP's have done lots more than her, ex, Cp Mary. Im just saying i think she should be out there more with her husband and without him. She should have more act's/events on her own.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
a princess is not just a name, it comes with duties