Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 7: October - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
klau23 said:
there were news that circulated that she was becoming snobbish and bossy. i think that's a result of her pregnancy. is that true? how did people give such assumption? based on what?

on a side note, has someone read that article in hello magazine? they were trying to compare felipe and letizia with mary and frederik and the danish couple won, 60% of the 155,00 online votes. the spontaniety has a significant impact of all of it. the fact that they kiss comfortably in public. still like letizia and felipe though. anyway, do u guys know why they don't show that much feelings in public?

well, spain is a much more conservative country, as a catholic country that it is. perhaps that's the reason why they decided to a be a little bit less 'open' in that sense and to concentrate on their duties rather than showing how much they love each other. after all, that's what monarchy is all about. it's great seeing royal couples marrying, but then... there needs to be an important professionalism and duty for the country, which is sometimes obscured if royals show their love all the time. i see nothing wrong in it, in fact i love it, but perhaps it's a good option that felipe and letizia opted to take by being professionally active.

The spanhis protocol don't allowed that tipe of demonstration... is very havy protocol that they have to fall without mestakes. Is away they don't show love with kiss but i think they show enoughf... with looks and gestures they show they love.

I don't know what you call showing love everytime, because for me Letizia and Felipe show their mutual love to each other everytime...

I think that carrying their hands, looking each other as they do are way to show their love and that's very romantic but they do that discretly. Thay are not movies stars and people don't attend them to be just a romantic couple but do their job so friendly and nearly to the people as they do. They are my favourite royal couple and I am not spanish!!!!

I think if u see some of the videos our kind members have made and posted u can see very clearly the warmth, love and affection there is between Felipe and Letizia. I like Fred and Mary too but these are two very different pairs of couples living their lives in a very different way and so these kind of polls make no sense whatsoever.

They love each other witch they show all the time. :wub:
Btw. F.ex videos posted on Prince of Asturias Awards 2006 thread show it.

Last edited:
It's a strange discussion because it concern the private manner of a couple to live their love.

For me, except the hollywood kisse ( you know what I mean) the Princes had shown their feelings very strongly according their nature and tempered.
In my opinion they can do more, it's a question of education for the both.

I don't know why, but for me, their private live must be more "torrid"; it's more a sensation that they give than a knwoledge, you can imagine!

precisely

adelaide said:
It's a strange discussion because it concern the private manner of a couple to live their love.

For me, except the hollywood kisse ( you know what I mean) the Princes had shown their feelings very strongly according their nature and tempered.
In my opinion they can do more, it's a question of education for the both.

I don't know why, but for me, their private live must be more "torrid"; it's more a sensation that they give than a knwoledge, you can imagine!

i really agree with that. even though they don't blurt much about their feelings, we can see it vey much from their gestures and these gestures have always been much more consistent than probably frederik and mary. pardon me for the comparison, but this is only for the purpose of explaining my thoughts best. sometimes, they could be really in love, kiss each other and stuff but a lot of times, and then, the next minute, they'd act like on opposing ends. i have always observed that frederik is so lovestruck than mary is to him. and in interviews, he'd get sideswept because 80% of the time, they'll be talking about mary being a royal, being far from her country. and there he is, just listening to them without mary really getting a hint that fredrik's out-of-place already. i kinda feel sorry for him for that. :sad:

but yeah, adelaide. i think off-screen, their (felipe and letizia) feelings for each other and how they show it are much more torrid. i'm sure. i can even imagine it(kidding). haha. that was a bit funny saying that but i think that's really true. :lol:

Honestly, if my country's form of government is monarchy I would without a doubt want a Crown Couple like Felipe and Letizia... They complement each other..:wub:

An interesting article on Letizia written by PILAR RAHOLA, a hard-core Republican.
http://www.elpais.es/solotexto/articulo.html?xref=20061021elpcat_13&type=Tes&k=Mirada_republicana_Letizia

Mirada republicana de Letizia
PILAR RAHOLA

translation from google

It has been a fleeting greeting, as so many must do throughout the day. Smiling, something distilled, and warmly distant, has happened before my peculiar glance as if outside a delicate shade, a fragile presence. Fragile it was not his presence, nevertheless, if we observed the real set the complete one, that thick amalgam of police, advisers, military and of all coat that habitually their displacements accompany. It both took of the hand that high and attractive man to it who has turned it princess, and, taken thus, like a pair before the danger, are similarity to me single, strangely almost lost between as much people. No. Nonproject a tenderness dulzona on this real pair, quite to the contrary, but the vibrations that story are sincere. Sincere until the ridiculous situation. In spite of the power, of the influence, of the wealth, even of glamour that projects its real existence, this pair seems very fragile. It can that is real, but are the pair more unreal than it lives between common. Sad? It would not say. Only fragile. Specially she, making an effort to please, to be about to in its paper, to stay, for being mother against warning wonderful. To deserve the height which one has been being located for a time.

How many returns can give the life! , a colleague says to me who, like I, regodea from the patio of the hotel Reconquers itself, in the heat of Oviedo, collecting watched of great famoseo. There he is Paul Auster, and all the féminas we have a little while lewd, more or less confessed. It crosses Pau to us Gasol and the family of the basketball to the complete one. Mary Robinson, ex- first lady of Ireland, walks her elegance combative, and surrounded by centers, assistants, balls and other species of the fauna of the success; Pedro Almodóvar exhibits smile and vanity without complexes. The prizes Prince of Asturias certainly have been able to culminate a slow process of prestige and today, beyond the few or many affections that the institution wakes up, are prizes of great relevance, not in vain have known to award the best thing of each house. Be left for history the tributes to Isaac Rabin, Mijaíl Gorbachov, Woody Allen, Stephen Hawking, to Rigoberta Menchú, which they marked landmarks in his respective fields. “The success of the prize is the category of the awarded ones”, assures Felipe in the article that wrote for the Weekly El Pais, and not him lack reason. If Princes de Asturias were born to greater glory of the heir, today they ride single to backs of prestige that have known to gain. Although the Monarchy did not exist - and to that we inhaled some, those prizes would deserve to be. ” What makes a girl like you in Princes de Asturias like these? “, it asks to me almodovarianamente while parloteo with Castilian Carlos, another foreign one like I. Then that, we are here, observing the success and intelligence. And, of course, marujeando to the great thing.

But I return to Letizia perhaps, because this woman I like, beyond which represents. It is certain that I liked more when, dressed to the Sabina, took the shortest skirt and had the longest language, but with this style Christian Democrat that has made to him, even seem to me an interesting woman. Without a doubt, a fighter. And, put to maintain the Monarchy, she turns out to be in addition a good professional, which is everything a lightening. Nevertheless, I recognize that the affection by Letizia has grown as they increased the attacks of facherío national, and when they took shape in the clasista crossed one, more machista and furious that has declared him Jaime Peñafiel. What inquina the one of this man! Will be that it keeps some pending litigation to him to the royalty? As it is, Peñafiel will end up obtaining that all the prostoneware republican we become monarchists a ratito, nor that it is by compensation antilook. “This is the mission of Jaime Peñafiel”, loosen to Sabino Fernandez to me Field from the microphones of Julia Otero, “who you become monarchist”, and I am with the doubt: Me says Sabino to it because he is a sexy one or because Peñafiel thinks just like? … The palace secrets are exciting hieroglyphics. In any case, it will be necessary to ask itself so that most preservative, contrarreformista, pretentious and nacionalpatrio of Spain is so anti-Letizia. And, beyond, so that he is so antimonarchical. This Spain white shirt is a pure gibberish.

No. I do not believe that in the heat of century XXI has no sense to maintain privileges familiar, been born to albur of the feudal society, that today only represent a lucrative trade name and a democratic restriction. We can raise a spectacular building of justifications and, nevertheless, nor a single argument justifies the maintenance of the cradle rights. Someday we will have to speak of it, with one it picks of valentía and with some gram of maturity. The debate monarchy-republic is not surpassed, is only pending. Nevertheless, the bloody attacks against Letizia that we visualized in the pink televisions, are not the beginning of any debate, but the public expression of the Spain that always despised modernity. Today, the ferocious critic against the Monarchy takes the looks to it. For the republicans this is a disaster because, with similar fellow travellers, we do not have any option. Between Peñafiel and Letizia, who that is moderately intelligent would be with Peñafiel? In the end it will be right Sabino, this is a maneuver of carcundia to turn us to all monarchists.

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/prensa/20061021/sociedad/punto-radio-directo-desde_20061021.html

translation from google

“Ana Bottle will fight with Aznar. And she will do it with reason”. The journalist Julia Otero knows clearly that the image of the ex- president of the Government, Jose Maria Aznar, putting a ball-point pen in the decollete of a journalist, of the program “Night H”, of the Four, that became comidilla in the morning, will motivate “that Mrs. Botella is going to him to fight”. The Catalan journalist emitted yesterday in direct, next to Luis of the Elm tree, from the Hotel of Reconquista the program “Protagonists” of Point Radio, transmitter of Vocento. Knoll emphasized the importance “that every year increases” of the Prizes Prince.

And if the importance of the awards grows, in his opinion also it makes the figure of Doña Letizia, of whom desacó “that personages as Peñafiel me has made deeply monarchic not only, but also, deeply pro Princess of Asturias”.

Knoll assured that “always Letizia Ortiz has fallen me very well. It seems to me a woman who has contributed and is going to contribute Corona very enriching things”, reason why was congratulated “of which it has own agenda”.

Also, it agreed with the rest of the assistants to the ceremony in which it is “necessary to reform the Constitution. He is unpresentable that in an article of the Magna Carta is an preeminence of the man on the woman. It is an anachronism that is due to recognize”.

but yeah, adelaide. i think off-screen, their (felipe and letizia) feelings for each other and how they show it are much more torrid. i'm sure. i can even imagine it(kidding). haha. that was a bit funny saying that but i think that's really true.
Gosh! Why are you turning this thread into a cheap dime novel?
On the one hand you are whining about Letizia´s missing privacy and on the other hand you speculate about their torrid love life???

johann said:
Gosh! Why are you turning this thread into a cheap dime novel?
On the one hand you are whining about Letizia´s missing privacy and on the other hand you speculate about their torrid love life???

Not at all!:ermm: i'm very sorry if my words can give very bad tast interpretation but until now the Princes are human being and as we can see they keep a very controlled attitud for express in public their feelings. That a lot of people reproach them.

For me, it's not necessary to be a mind-reader ot to read into a cristal ball for seeing that they matched them beyond the simple appearence.

But you are right, if my words - of an adult person- can be interprate as a vulgar speculation, please forget it.

Does anyone know when Letizia's next solo event is?

avrilo said:
I know you dont like tis magazine cause they dont like Letizia and dont print "life in pink" stuff about her. But they printed an article here is the linky

http://www.quien.com/nivel2.asp?cve=126_28

this article which one likes or not letizia is ridiculous I make studies of medicine and I can affirm that a woman anorexic cannot be pregnant because it does not produce any more the necessary hormones it does not have her unquestionable "rules sometimes" woman by making small modes without being anorexic blocks come from their "rule" and ovule plus an anorexic cannot have of child he would be necessary that their criticism is at least a minimum intelligent and of good direction

avrilo said:
I know you dont like tis magazine cause they dont like Letizia and dont print "life in pink" stuff about her. But they printed an article here is the linky

http://www.quien.com/nivel2.asp?cve=126_28

It is not a question which it like us or does not like. It is a question of which it is a magazine that publishes gossips, news without contrasting, and that once has demonstrated that they publish lies. The last article copied here was a shame, in that they were playing with the health of a person, without any scruple. Evidently, after publishing that article terrible they follow with their lies. This type of horrible magazines, was the same ones that said exactly the same during the pregnancy of Leonor. And the girl in spite of the lies of many was born and follows perfectly healthy.

Though the time puts everything in its place.:cool:

Last edited:
It is ridiculous how people get profit from her, I asked, why Princes don't sue those stupid people who say horrible things about her.

I think is enough!

:wacko:So it's mean that no matter if Letizia is or she isn't pregnant it's a problem? :bang:

catango said:
It is ridiculous how people get profit from her, I asked, why Princes don't sue those stupid people who say horrible things about her.

I think is enough!
I´m not defending te magazine, but i dont belive they printed lies this time. This is a socials mexican magazine, not everyone here is aware of all the news about Letizia like in Spain or me, crazy royal fan. They just resumed what has been around. I agree with you they never print anything nice about Letizia, I will try to do some resarch why

It seemed quite convenient to anounce a 4 week pregnancy not 3 monts as it was used to, when there were many things out there about Letizia, like Sabina´s joke, her dispute with the Infantas, (specially Infanta Cristina), the rumors of anorexia ( you cant deny te extreme thiness of te Princess ), the Peñafiel book and that terrible german tabloid claiming she had a miscarriage. The pregnancy seemed to be te remedy to all this gossips.

I believe this all is studied by experts in media and Public Relations so there is nothing to be surprised or scandalized IF they announce the pregnancy to stop the rumors about the Princess of Asturias.

The pregnancy news is out there and is a blessing for te princes and for Spain, and if for some of you that is enough well, everyone is in title of their own opinion. I can imagine your comebacks on the subject, cause apparently having a different opinion that everything about Royalty is pink and perfect is hard position to keep on this forum :ermm:, I sustain my point.Im not a Letizia detractor, I just dont think she is perfect

I don't know why some keep insisting in the Salic Law like that article.

Salic Law determined that no woman could inheritate the Throne if there happens to have a male element in entire family.

This law was abolished a long ago so Isabel could inheritate the Spanish Throne.

At least they could have informed better on History; but I guess they loose too many time looking for skeletons in the closet.

If Leonor only have sisters she will inheritate the Throne so it is stablished in Spanish Sucession Law.

The only change that must be done is that the first-born independent from sex could inheritate the Throne in an automatic way.

Regards,
mtbcm

avrilo said:
I´m not defending te magazine, but i dont belive they printed lies this time. This is a socials mexican magazine, not everyone here is aware of all the news about Letizia like in Spain or me, crazy royal fan. They just resumed what has been around. I agree with you they never print anything nice about Letizia, I will try to do some resarch why
The problem with the magazine, is that they're so innacurate in their reports that it's something that should be subject to a great laugh.

They base themselves on the worst tabloids that there are, the German tabloids, and we all know too well what kind of reaction those tabloids have already prompted from other royals.

The problem isn't saying it nice, it's saying the truth and be able to prove it, which they aren't.

It seemed quite convenient to anounce a 4 week pregnancy not 3 monts as it was used to, when there were many things out there about Letizia, like Sabina´s joke, her dispute with the Infantas, (specially Infanta Cristina), the rumors of anorexia ( you cant deny te extreme thiness of te Princess ), the Peñafiel book and that terrible german tabloid claiming she had a miscarriage. The pregnancy seemed to be te remedy to all this gossips.
No one here has ever denied Letizia's thinness, we even have a thread specifically directed to this subject.

The pregnancy was announced because Letizia was not feeling well and would not be attending the dinner in honor of the Portuguese president. That measure was taken precisely to avoid fueling the rumour mill.

How on Earth can they make such a harmful statement saying that Letizia had a miscarriage? Were they there? Did they see the medical reports on that?

About the dispute with the Infantas, this is all based in pictures and in unidentified sources. This is a rumour, and unless someone comes around and can prove that indeed there are disputes - or otherwise, it's a rumour and this is not allowed here.

I believe this all is studied by experts in media and Public Relations so there is nothing to be surprised or scandalized IF they announce the pregnancy to stop the rumors about the Princess of Asturias.
The reasons why the announcement was anticipated were well explained by Casa Real on the occasion of the announcement. Letizia would need her rest and that would mean to cut back on her agenda. If they didn't announce the pregnancy now, the rumour mill would be in full swing.

The pregnancy news is out there and is a blessing for te princes and for Spain, and if for some of you that is enough well, everyone is in title of their own opinion. I can imagine your comebacks on the subject, cause apparently having a different opinion that everything about Royalty is pink and perfect is hard position to keep on this forum :ermm:, I sustain my point.Im not a Letizia detractor, I just dont think she is perfect
Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions. And I guess that nobody here think that Letizia is perfect, especially since she is a human being, and no human being is perfect.

You can have a different opinion, this is what discussion boards are for, but please don't base that in a magazine that mostly does nothing more than bash royals based on the stupid things published by a German tabloid and don't even bother to do a proper research.

You can have a different opinion, this is what discussion boards are for, but please don't base that in a magazine that mostly does nothing more than bash royals based on the stupid things published by a German tabloid and don't even bother to do a proper research.

I appreciate your suggestion on which sources I should base my opinion and wich not, but I will continue basin them in the ones of my own choice. My previous post had no intention to put you into the hardwork of clarifying all those gossips, just list them and explain my point and why tis time I agree with the magazine.

I like Letizia, and the articles were they support her, but I like to listen to the detractors of the monarchy and see what they think and what they publish, but if in this forum only "monarchy support" articles are allowed, please let me know, and I will stop losing my time posting articles different than that

avrilo said:
I like Letizia, and the articles were they support her, but I like to listen to the detractors of the monarchy and see what they think and what they publish, but if in this forum only "monarchy support" articles are allowed, please let me know, and I will stop losing my time posting articles different than that

I believe that there are two very different things.

A thing they are the articles of yellow press, based on the gossip and on the rumor, which speculate on the health of the persons, it is Letizia or Leonor, without scruples, and being based on many occasions on inventions, rumors ... that cannot be demonstrated. The health is something very serious, and it is not necessary to to speculate on the health of anybody.

Another very different thing they are the articles, which could judge of a way or other one the work, an activity or an action of the Princess. The critiques when they are based on a demonstrable reality, can be read, and on them a person can give a opinion.

The wicked gossips that saythat a person is sick and that she puts in danger her own life and that of her baby, are not critical, are barbarities spread over a yellow press that wants to earn money. And that unfortunately seems to be determined to repeat the history that they invented with Leonor ... all that they were late in saying that the new baby is very sick or that it is going to die?:mad:

avrilo said:
I appreciate your suggestion on which sources I should base my opinion and wich not, but I will continue basin them in the ones of my own choice. My previous post had no intention to put you into the hardwork of clarifying all those gossips, just list them and explain my point and why tis time I agree with the magazine.

You've missed my point completely.

What I'm trying to say is that there's a noticeable difference between reliable and non-reliable sources, and that magazine is non-reliable.

The threads of the Spanish forum are filled with "anti-monarchy" articles. We aren't searching for pink and beautiful only, but bring on 'gossip' (as you classified it yourself) will not contribute with anything to the discussion.

We here have several publications that publish criticism about the princes that are welcomed, but unfortunately Quien Magazine isn't one of them.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this, feel free to contact one of the Administrators

avrilo said:

Yes, you' are right, everyone can give its own opinion, but it doesn't mean that they have to insult her, and make histiries up about her, when they don't even know her, they just say horrible things because she is so popular, and they know that "morbo" sell a lot, and that isn't fair.

In almost all the newspapers or "pink" magazines, articles of Opinion are published, (that is not the same thing that information) of journalist, on many matters, politics, sports, monarchy.

All the opinines of these journalists must be respected, even if we do not like what they say. But another very different thing, is to lie in this articles, and this article writen by CLAUDIA CANTÚ lies when she AFFIRMS that letizia has anorexia ( Ther Royal House has deniged this point a lot of times), lies when she say that in Spain there is a law salica (In Spain there is no Law salica, inform you miss Cantú), and she lies when says that Letizia in the first pregnancy of Leonor had gastric disorders and it is not true, she had the typical disorders of a pregnancy woman .

This cannot be respected, because isn,t truth. This is not a journalism.

Last edited:
sinttulocolorreal02nn4.jpg

source:Vogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom