The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star.
I remind you that Princess Letizia will become in the Queen of Spain, wife of the Chief of the State, there is a great difference betwen this and to be a hollywood star ( It woul be horrible to see Princess Letizia with the same wardrobe as Britney, Christina , you have to recognize that almost all hollywood stars' wardrobe is horrible).

Quote:
And her clothes seams to be issue for some magazines and for many conversations, she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.
What is in your opinion the latest fasion? The form to dress in the south of Europe is different from the one from the north. While in the north they get dressed in very showy clothes in the south they prefer the discreet clothes.
And, as always I say, A Princess is not a model, the important thing is the work she do and not of course the dress she uses.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I really think she has a natural beauty but I also think that her wardrobe is an important piece of her job!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

Video from Hola.com:

"La princesa Letizia estrena su agenda oficial rodeada de niños, 10 Octubre 2006"

http://www.hola.com/videos/casasreal...agenda-propia/
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Hey y'all, have you heard about this "joke" thing between Sabina and Letizia? I'm just curious about what it's all about because it's been written all over. Well, it seems that Sabina just made it up according to what I've been reading about it so far. Anything to sell a book, huh?
According to Elconfidencialdigital.com, she did not count it: “She commented in her surroundings closest than she did not count the famous joke to Sabina”. ” How was going I to count a thing thus? It would not be happened to me to do it ", ends.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/57416.asp?tt=
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Yes I really think she has a natural beauty but I also think that her wardrobe is an important piece of her job!
What do you want to say exactly ? It's totally obvious tht the Princess's wardrobe is linked with her duties:

-very sober, elegant and contfortable for the day
-totally refined and sofisticated for the coktails
-absolutly regal for the diner gala

The all respecting her personality, what do you want more? to wear hat, frou-frous, or the last fashioned dress of the last fashionist designer ?
be serious or try to explain us our conception of a wardrobe for the Princess of Asturias whio is recognized as a very elegant woman with a very appropriate style by a lot of good analysts.

Because, one thing is absolutly sure is that never we will see Letizia at the top of the fashion when she is working.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

My positive remark:
Letizia's interaction with the children was very warm and nice.
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:
Two years of "learning" at the side of Felipe apparently didn't teach her
that it is unpolite to shake hands with a person and at the same time
turn around and speak with another person while still holding hands.
(as shown in one of the videos).
It gives the impression that you don't really care about the person you greet.

About her looks:
I must say I didn't follow Letizia since the baptism of Leonor where she looked great.
And I was quite shocked to see her now.
She still manages to look good on some of the pictures,
but on others she looks simply awful, she has quite changed IMO.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Nobility

I think letizia dresses appropriately for her role as princess. She does not have to be perfect because there is no such thing as perfect not in any way shape or form. She wears what she likes and is comfortable in and I think this also accounts for her happiness she is comfortable in her own skin.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Nobody is perfect, even a princess; that is first that there is to know. And on her form to dress; she does not dress so that people say that elegant she is or is best one; she dresses elegant and simultaneously simple and on which she feels comfortable and it she likes.Because to be princess is not to be a model. Each one has its form to think; but personally do not like to be looking for failures the people and to be saying to them what they must do or no; mainly if I never have been in her place.

And again I repeat the princess are not robots whom they have to make it all good; it is most normal that they do something that somebody seems to it bad; because mainly they are people. For most important is than the princess was happy and very comfortable in her act; the others I leave it to those who they like to be analyzing everything.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
My positive remark:
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:

About her looks:
I must say I didn't follow Letizia since the baptism of Leonor where she looked great.
She doesn't look awful, she isn't an agly woman, she looks tired because of her pregnancy.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

When i'm reading appreciation about the princess of Asturias as " she is simply awful...(sic!) or she is old fashionned..." I'm totally dreaming and I fear for my mental landscape: Where I'm ?

More I see so excessive and negative words for a so beautiful spanish woman more I think the consensus for the taste is very far away to reach.

But between the quiet ridiculous remark on the awfulness of Letizia - I should prefer that it would say that her kind of beaty isn't appreciate better than she is awful because to like or dislike is a right, to pretend she is awfull is quiet an offense- and to say that she is always at the top of her beauty, there is a gap that I don't want jump.

For me the Princess of Asturias is an extremly beautiful woman with irregular features which make her an estupendous personality. Because of that, but also as everybody, she has the right to be not every time perfect. Fortunatly for her!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Letizia is a very beautiful woman, more beautiful than Borbon women (infantas) and Sofia. It's only my opinion

Spanish Royal Family has to be very proud of Letizia : beautiful intelligent woman

I'm not spanish but I love her
Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Awful Letiza? but this is absurd, it´s the most graceful than I have read today.I even dare to say she is one of the most beautiful women of the royalty.....(or the best),is normal that sometimes she has “bad face”, she is not perfect, but soon we will see her more recovered when she begins to get fat... and even so she continues being a very beautiful woman.

I really looooooove this photo: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/192...rreal04za2.jpg ...she is very happy this days...
Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns
Letizia is a very beautiful woman, more beautiful than Borbon women (infantas) and Sofia. It's only my opinion
First, i respect very much your opinion. I just think it isn't "correct" to compare the beauty of a lady who is 67 and a young lady who is 34(?).
Besides, greek beauty has nothing to do with spanish beauty.
However, i think all SRF ladies are beautiful, just different.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
I really looooooove this photo: http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/192...rreal04za2.jpg ...she is very happy this days...
She looks radiant in this event IMO, perhaps the morning sick is over.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

I must agree! She does look radiant. The joy of waiting for a new infanta/e!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
My positive remark:
And I love her vivacity.

My negative remark:

About her looks:
I think she was very warm and did a great job considering there were so many people clamoring for her attention.

I do not know about you but I know very few people who looks awful even the ordinary people on the streets. Princess Letizia is ceertainly not onel of the few awful looking people.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
She looks radiant in this event IMO, perhaps the morning sick is over.
It seems that not completely, another day I saw in television a journalist commenting on some anecdotes of the act. She commented that in some moment one saw her a bit inconvinient. It seems that this pregnancy being more inconvinient than that of Leonor, and that she isn´t passing it very well. Let's wait that tomorrow, that the act is in the morning and length, could come and take it well.

Certainly, the journalist comment on another anecdote that demonstrates it attempts that the Princess is, as scout and retains all the information. In a class, she asked their names the children and on having looked at the drawings realized that the signature of one of the children was absent and asked him.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Gentry

I'm glad that she finnaly has her own agenda. But why does every princess have to be involved with childrens causes. I would want her to do something else.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

was time she have a agenda! ha ha
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this was the very time since her wedding that I've actually liked something she has worn. the earring are really nice too. this bodes well.

Closed Thread