The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
May I remind you that we are talking about a Princess here, not a Hollywood star! Of course she must be conservative with her clothes choices!
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star. And her clothes seams to be issue for some magazines and for many conversations, she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

She can look old-fashioned in this act, but she looks very good and elegant!
Besides, a classic model is always fashion. Ok, not so fashion as a new one, but you can always use a classic outfit.
BTW, the photos with the children are adorable!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
I thought this picture was adorable.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...os_gente_0.jpg

Photo from Elmundo.es
I appreciate really this person, it is beautiful very élégant, of an elegance simple, intelligent, beating... and the role of Princess seems makes for her .... and in this photo, sh'is particularly cute
Old 10-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.
Why Letizia should be dessing at the latest fashion??Letizia doesn´t try to emphasize by her FASHION clothes,she is a simple and very elegant woman…Do you know what mean elegance?...

Elegance isn´t to be dressed at last fashion, elegance isn´t to spent tremendous amounts of money in clothes and to obsess with being in fashion ..... elegance is another very different thing and Letizia has it innate .

Well… I respect your opinion although I´m not agree with you absolutely.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

She looks great, i think she really enjoyed interacting with the children, hope to see her in more solo acts.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes Letizia is elegant, I agree with you at this point! But I think she has been changing her wardrobe, at the beginning she used white and black, very discret colours, and now due to her intense agenda, activity and due to her position she should always be "perfect", her wardrobe is a very important piece of her life, everyone talks about that and she knows how important is to be impeccable, this is just part of her Princess life.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
she knows how important is to be impeccable, this is just part of her Princess life.
Letizia isn´t to be impeccable?I think she always goes very impeccable and correct.I like much her style as to much people like it,I like her natural style…but especially like she is faithful to her own style in spite of the critics.She demonstrates to have much personality.
If I am not mistaken Mary was criticized to spend too much money in clothes…it´s evident she always has been a little obsessed with the fashion.

With Letizia never would happen it and for that reason I´m very proud to have a so responsible princess.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes Letizia is elegant, I agree with you at this point! But I think she has been changing her wardrobe, at the beginning she used white and black, very discret colours, and now due to her intense agenda, activity and due to her position she should always be "perfect", her wardrobe is a very important piece of her life, everyone talks about that and she knows how important is to be impeccable, this is just part of her Princess life.
Letizia has never been, and likely will never be a fashion-conscious princess. She will never be someone who sports the latest trends or the hottest designers. And that's who she is and I don't see a need for her to suddenly become trendy just because she now has her own engagements. On top of all that, being pregnant won't exactly make her body able to dress in the latest fashions, which are hardly designed for a growing belly.

Dressing appropriately for an occasion is important, I agree but Letizia's wardrobe (and the wardrobe of any other princess or queen) is not a big deal. It's the cause that she is representing that is important and what should be drawn attention to. Not which designer she's wearing or if she's got a Gucci purse. To me, fashion is sometimes distracting because no one focuses on the patronage but on what the princess or queen is wearing, which is certainly not the message Casa Real wants to send out.

Besides, it's not as if Letizia is showing up for her engagements in jogging pants or jeans.

Quote:
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star.
She can't personally control who comes out to see her. Whether it's one person or 100 people, how can Letizia be expected to control the crowds or how they treat her? Unless there is a memo issued by Casa Real stating that Letizia wants to be treated like a Hollywood star it's beyond her control.

Besides, isn't it better that so many people have come out to support her than to have no one support her at all?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Gentry

Letizia is elegant and very happy
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

deadline

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Very funny, and lovely this first act in solitary of Princes Letizia.
Letizia, and the children looks fantastic.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I apologize but I don't understand exactly your talks. What do you want to say about the style of the Princess of Asturias?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She is not a hollywood star but she sometimes seams to be!!!Have you seen how many people get around just to see her? Mucht more than a hollywood star. And her clothes seams to be issue for some magazines and for many conversations, she should always be dressing at the latest fashion and in this event she is really old-fashioned.
Most of Letizia's clothes are classic. She can wear them 10 years from now and they will still be in style.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu
Most of Letizia's clothes are classic. She can wear them 10 years from now and they will still be in style.
She definitely does have a classic style, black and white suits her well.

Ani
Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu
Totally agree with you. Since when an working outfit is old fashionned?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Hey y'all, have you heard about this "joke" thing between Sabina and Letizia? I'm just curious about what it's all about because it's been written all over. Well, it seems that Sabina just made it up according to what I've been reading about it so far. Anything to sell a book, huh?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Hey y'all, have you heard about this "joke" thing between Sabina and Letizia? I'm just curious about what it's all about because it's been written all over. Well, it seems that Sabina just made it up according to what I've been reading about it so far. Anything to sell a book, huh?
This article (in english) mentions it without mentioning the joke: Joaquín Sabina pardonned for Letizia joke

Five minutes later...I just did a search in Spanish and found the silly joke. It's just an adult joke that uses word-play in Spanish to attempt to be funny. A one-liner (actually two lines) bad joke that I did not find it funny at all. Not a big deal but seems the press ran with it way past the joke's shelf life.

then five more minutes of search...
I found another article he wrote about Letizia that was prior to the wedding. This one was more extensive and quite cruel. Now I realize the scandal about it. If there is a touch of irony is on Joaquin Sabina accepting a prize from the very same King whose family he insulted in his little 'poem'
Old 10-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that it is difficult to translate a joke, and probably in English it would lose the sense of the joke.

The jokes are jokes, and it is that laugh with them, to extract them of context, that is what there are doing some of them (the one that has mounted the scandal of the joke has been Peñafiel). Sense does not make. The inteligent persons laugh of the jokes, and as had said more than a journalists, if really Letizia could laugh this way of her same and of what they say on her, better (assurance that for her health it could be marvellous).

Behind this there is a history longer, and related to the "personage" who is Sabina. Sabina is republican, rabble, spoken evil, joker, ironically, rebellious ... but also he is a very important singer with many followers. The Princes were present at a dinner with him, for the most conservative, it was a scandal, for the normal persons, was something curious, and enclosed that it were nice, because the Princes must meet and speak with all kinds of persons and not only those who think as them and support them. Since has said Toledo, there was the precedent of Sabina's poem. To this dinner another group of singers came also, the majority republicans, but that are persons who go being employed quite the life at the world of the music and they are very concerned, as Serrat or Ana Belen and Victor Manuel. A thing is the ideology and other one the persons.

The critiques evidently were alone for Letizia, it was a her fault ... though had been precisely Simoneta Gómez Acebo andher husband, that is productor musical, which had organized the meeting.

The problem is the following one and here I connect with the joke. Sabina's image is joined to a series of stereotypes, if he is republican, anti everything, ironically, that criticizes everything ... what he does supping on with the Princes of Asturias? Some of them were accusing him even of traitor, because this act was breaking the one that had been his image for many years, image that he had entrusted to promote. To "arrange" his image that he has done, to comment on a series of thngs, sew those that no other person who was in this dinner, has spoken. And to do jokes, or to place certain commentaries in mouth of others is a way of doing it.

For many people this topic is not clear. It is clear for those that want to create polemic and business. For the simple observers there are two things that to appear. On the one hand, the truth of everything told at Sabina; knowing the personage to nobody it would surprise him that he has told his own version of the history, putting in mouth of others the things that he would say. For other one, which truth or lie, says little of one person who should write in a book what is commented in a dinner deprived in a house.

To add more " fuelwood to the fire ", last week the King delivered him the Medal of the Fine arts, medal that grants the Department of Culture.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Letizia was spectacular yesterday… and i surprised to me to see her belly so soon . Is incredible as wearing a “simple” suit Letizia can be so handsome…
well...perhaps it must to she is handsome by nature and she does not need suits that praise her.

Letizia is going to have an own agenda!! ....this is a pleasant news!

Yes, the Princess with a simple "executive woman" outfit is totally wonderfull. I think it's her natural beauty which needs not so much make up and mainly her way to stand. It's clear that when she was young she learn classical dance and the importance to put the body in the space.

She has an very elegant silhouette with her new outfit. An article in the french hebdo " Point de vue " of today notice her style which, said the journalist Marilo Suarez, " The Princess of Asturias is became a model for the women of 30/40 years old, in the category "executive women". Her hairdoes, outfits, jeans-shirts are copyed. the "leti style" is yet copying by the new faces of th TV. The "J.T" are full of clones of the Princess.It's very disconcerting"

It' the proof of success for the princess and I'm very glad because in doing like that with her wardrobe simple, contfortable and elegant too.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Serene Highness

The most weird part of it is that I consider the language used before and during the dinner among some people, there are some words Sabina places in Simoneta mouth, that chocked me more than the joke itself...

But oh well Letizia sells...

As for Sabina awards himself made point of honour while receiving it that the award wasn't given by His Majesty but by a poll of entities he seem to respect more (His Majesty expression when delivering the prize to him was enough for me)...

Enough of Sabina for me... Go to Peñafiel bag...

Regards,
mtcbm

Closed Thread