Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 6: October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's children will be grown up (assuming Juan Carlos does not die prematurely) when Felipe and Letizia takes over as King and Queen. By paying attention to the children of today they will create supporters for tomorrow.

grevinnan said:
Today's children will be grown up (assuming Juan Carlos does not die prematurely) when Felipe and Letizia takes over as King and Queen. By paying attention to the children of today they will create supporters for tomorrow.

What an interesting and astute observation of some of the potential consequences of these acts for the future.

grevinnan said:

I share totally your opinion, it's a very good way to manage supporters if you take care of them very soon. It's not at all a nurse's job but rather a long job.:smartass:

...JuAnItA... said:
First, i respect very much your opinion. I just think it isn't "correct" to compare the beauty of a lady who is 67 and a young lady who is 34(?).
Besides, greek beauty has nothing to do with spanish beauty. :)
However, i think all SRF ladies are beautiful, just different. ;) ;)

I second that JuAnItA. No point comparing apples to oranges.

ldt20 said:

I saw the whole thing on German TV and the picture is misleading. The child started crying. Letizia gave the child a little touch on the head for the photographers, then Letizia looked up to one of the attendants to give a signal to get the child qiuckly moved away not to disturb the nice scenes and Letizia could concentrate on the other more plesant children for good photos. Thats was how it was presentet in German TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
fromEU said:
I saw the whole thing on German TV and the picture is misleading. The child started crying. Letizia gave the child a little touch on the head for the photographers, then Letizia looked up to one of the attendants to give a signal to get the child qiuckly moved away not to disturb the nice scenes and Letizia could concentrate on the other more plesant children for good photos. Thats was how it was presentet in German TV.

:bash: Always the very noticible german Press.... No comment!

Yes, I saw that scene too.
It was German television (a channel with a good reputation too), not tabloid.
(It's interesting how different channels show different things.
Talking about censorship and images created by the media.)

They removed the child immediately.
Seemed as if there were hundreds of journalists present
(must have been frightening for that little one)
and the whole thing was quite a press/photo-session.
Letizia certainly is a media profi.

Last edited:
If she could bring out hundreds of journalists for a simple school inauguration, good for her.
If this little girl was frightened at the presense of so many adult strangers, what was the best way to calm her down ? Probably let her leave the scene.
If an hour visit became a few minutes special (just an example), some in-between scenes could be cut.

Last edited:
I agree and I think that she and her husband may have their hearts set on a large family. :lol:

Kelly said:
I must agree! She does look radiant. The joy of waiting for a new infanta/e!

donnaK said:
If this little girl was frightened at the presense of so many adult strangers, what was the best way to calm her down ? Probably let her leave the scene...If an hour visit became a few minutes special (just an example), some in-between scenes could be cut.

Yes, I think it was the best for the child to be removed.
But still, that video gave another impression of this particular scene and of Letizia's interaction with the child than the picture.
Pictures and videos can be deceiving - as I already pointed out in another thread -
and it's interesting to see what is cut out and how a certain image is created or perserved or destroyed by the media.

We have reached page 10, so after two current events it is time to close this thread.

Thanks everybody for participating and hopefully we will see you all in the new thread, which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom