The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today's children will be grown up (assuming Juan Carlos does not die prematurely) when Felipe and Letizia takes over as King and Queen. By paying attention to the children of today they will create supporters for tomorrow.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Today's children will be grown up (assuming Juan Carlos does not die prematurely) when Felipe and Letizia takes over as King and Queen. By paying attention to the children of today they will create supporters for tomorrow.
What an interesting and astute observation of some of the potential consequences of these acts for the future.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I share totally your opinion, it's a very good way to manage supporters if you take care of them very soon. It's not at all a nurse's job but rather a long job.:smartass:
Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
First, i respect very much your opinion. I just think it isn't "correct" to compare the beauty of a lady who is 67 and a young lady who is 34(?).
Besides, greek beauty has nothing to do with spanish beauty.
However, i think all SRF ladies are beautiful, just different.
I second that JuAnItA. No point comparing apples to oranges.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
I thought this picture was adorable.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...os_gente_0.jpg
Photo from Elmundo.es
I saw the whole thing on German TV and the picture is misleading. The child started crying. Letizia gave the child a little touch on the head for the photographers, then Letizia looked up to one of the attendants to give a signal to get the child qiuckly moved away not to disturb the nice scenes and Letizia could concentrate on the other more plesant children for good photos. Thats was how it was presentet in German TV.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
I saw the whole thing on German TV and the picture is misleading. The child started crying. Letizia gave the child a little touch on the head for the photographers, then Letizia looked up to one of the attendants to give a signal to get the child qiuckly moved away not to disturb the nice scenes and Letizia could concentrate on the other more plesant children for good photos. Thats was how it was presentet in German TV.

:bash: Always the very noticible german Press.... No comment!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Yes, I saw that scene too.
It was German television (a channel with a good reputation too), not tabloid.
(It's interesting how different channels show different things.
Talking about censorship and images created by the media.)

They removed the child immediately.
Seemed as if there were hundreds of journalists present
(must have been frightening for that little one)
and the whole thing was quite a press/photo-session.
Letizia certainly is a media profi.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

If she could bring out hundreds of journalists for a simple school inauguration, good for her.
If this little girl was frightened at the presense of so many adult strangers, what was the best way to calm her down ? Probably let her leave the scene.
If an hour visit became a few minutes special (just an example), some in-between scenes could be cut.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Nobility

I agree and I think that she and her husband may have their hearts set on a large family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I must agree! She does look radiant. The joy of waiting for a new infanta/e!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
If this little girl was frightened at the presense of so many adult strangers, what was the best way to calm her down ? Probably let her leave the scene...If an hour visit became a few minutes special (just an example), some in-between scenes could be cut.
Yes, I think it was the best for the child to be removed.
But still, that video gave another impression of this particular scene and of Letizia's interaction with the child than the picture.
Pictures and videos can be deceiving - as I already pointed out in another thread -
and it's interesting to see what is cut out and how a certain image is created or perserved or destroyed by the media.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

We have reached page 10, so after two current events it is time to close this thread.

Thanks everybody for participating and hopefully we will see you all in the new thread, which can be found here.