The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, that's great!

Old 10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

The IVth Concert Honoring to the Victims of the Terrorism
Monumental Theatre. Madrid, on October 6, 2006

It will be presided by Her Royal Highness The Princess of Asturias

The Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism, that reaches the fourth edition, is organized by the Foundation Victims of the terrorism and the Foundation for the Freedom, with the collaboration of the Department of Culture and Spanish Broadcast television.
RTVE's Symphonic Orchestra, under Adrian Leaper's direction, it will interpret ' Fingal's cave ', of Félix Mendelssohn; ' Triple concert for double-bass, violoncello, piano and orchestra ', of Ludwig van Beethoven, and ' Symphony n º 4 ', of Piotr Tchaikovsky

Old 10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

This is wonderful.we waited it for so long.we will see photos of princess in HER thread soon.(i hope everything goes well with her and she doesn't cancel the act).
Hope this is the begining of seeing her alone at least once in month.
but what happened to the royal house that change their attitude toward the princess aganda?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
but what happened to the royal house that change their attitude toward the princess aganda?
This event (because it's a homage to the victims of terrorism) is quite important, particularly in Spain. Once the concert coincided with the Prince's trip, at least one of the spouses had to accept the invitation and be present...
Old 10-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

thanks.
So there is no hope solo acts will continue.anyway it's great to see her alone or with the prince.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula

The IVth Concert Honoring to the Victims of the Terrorism
Monumental Theatre. Madrid, on October 6, 2006
Thank you lula for sharing the news.

To be honest I feel quite apreensive to know that the Princess will be there alone. Not that she isn't capable of that and much more but I always have the feeling that she gets very emotional remembering this dark day of Spanish history so intimately linked to her own.

Why the choice of that day from the Foundation do you know?!

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 10-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the decision of her attending the concert alone was made after it became clear that she wouldn't travel to Washington DC with Felipe. Perhaps the doctor doesn't recommend her travelling so far during the first 3 months since she is not feeling well. If Felipe were in Madrid, he would go to the concert too. Thus I don't think her future agenda will change.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that this owes to the circumstances, the Prince is in Washington and the Kings have an act in Sevilla. Not if into the future they will change the circumstances with regard to the assistance of the Princess in solitarily to the acts. I do not believe it, because really, even the Prince does already very few acts in solitarily, exempting some hearings and the military acts.

Nevertheless, and though only it is a concert, and there is neither speeches nor anything similar, I believe that it is a very important act; and that is very good that they have decided that the Royal Family this one represented in this act.

How Elsa has commented in Spain, the acts related to the victims of the terrorism, they are always important acts. But sometimes, the circumstances do that these acts are more important and more symbolic. The political current importance does of this act, in this slightly more out-standing moment. The victims of ETA pass for a moment complicated with the topic of the negotiations of the Government with the terrorists; the victims of 11M pass for another complicated moment, for the appearance of many "conspiratorial" theories in press.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
To be honest I feel quite apreensive to know that the Princess will be there alone. Not that she isn't capable of that and much more but I always have the feeling that she gets very emotional remembering this dark day of Spanish history so intimately linked to her own.
I know, I have that feeling too.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Nobility

I love this news... I can not wait until 6...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's nice that she gets to do a solo engagement, but I wish it wasn't while she's pregnant and having morning sickness. Bad timing. I hope she'll feel ok enough to do it.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.fundacionvt.org/paginas/p...f/04-10-06.pdf

The Princess of Asturias will preside at the IV Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism

Madrid. (October 4) .-Her Royal Highness the Princess of Asturias will preside at the Concert Honoring to the Victims of the terrorism, who will be celebrated next Friday organized by the Foundation for the Freedom and the Foundation Victims of the terrorism, with the collaboration of the Department of Culture and of Radio Television Española-RTVE.

One more year, the Royal Family returns to reveal their support to the victims of the terrorism. In fact, they have not been lacked by any of four summons of these Concerts Honoring.

In this fourth edition, besides the own victims and the representatives of the different groups and associations, there have been invited representatives of the different Institutions and of the administrations of the State, autonomic and local.

The Concert Honoring, it will take place at 20:00 in the Monumental Theatre of Madrid, next Friday, the 6th of October, and will be interpreted by RTVE's Symphonic Orchestra, directed by Adrián Leaper
Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the article Lula , this one is a fantastic news. Finally we will be able to see the princess again and verify as she is.
Poor Letizia...I hope she can contain the nauseous...

...And I ask myself...

What dress will take Letizia the Friday? … She will release a new dress?
She is the president so… she will read a speech?
Will the princess return to take a jacket suit or on the contrary she will wear a dress at night?

Probably I will solve my doubts Friday to 8:00 but I´m sure Letizia will go spectacular and impeccable as always.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Thanks for the article Lula , this one is a fantastic news. Finally we will be able to see the princess again and verify as she is.
Poor Letizia...I hope she can contain the nauseous...

...And I ask myself...

What dress will take Letizia the Friday? … She will release a new dress?
She is the president so… she will read a speech?
Will the princess return to take a jacket suit or on the contrary she will wear a dress at night?

Probably I will solve my doubts Friday to 8:00 but I´m sure Letizia will go spectacular and impeccable as always.
I can give you some replies of your questions. The dress will not be of "gala", will be dressed like she has gone to other concerts and as the Queen is in the habit of going.

It is a concert, and in the concerts there are no speeches.

On the nauseas, I also hope that she feels better; and I hope that the concert is relaxed, and the whole people is calm.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I can give you some replies of your questions. The dress will not be of "gala", will be dressed like she has gone to other concerts and as the Queen is in the habit of going.

It is a concert, and in the concerts there are no speeches.

On the nauseas, I also hope that she feels better; and I hope that the concert is relaxed, and the whole people is calm.

Well..........I exactly did not talk about a dress of "gala"
And… I suppose that if she is the honor president she could say some “words” before the concert…
In any case thanks for the explanations.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Princes presided this concert in the year 2004, and the Kings in 2005.

From paralalibertad and Casa Real

Old 10-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Commoner

Can not wait to see her pictures. Thanks in advance to all who will be posting her solo pictures. As much as I like to see her with Prince Felipe, this will give her image a great boost - I hope anyway.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

No pictures yet?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
No pictures yet?
The act is today to the 20.00
Old 10-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
No pictures yet?
The concert will be in the evening. Can't wait!

Closed Thread