The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

In Hola Magazine there is a title saying "Why is LETIZIA so thin"? Well Spanish magazine ussualy don't say anything against spanish royals so I think the thinness of the Princess is exaggerate that they are asking why!!!Only because of physical atributes???she is now very very skinny, she wasn't like that before she got married.Also is interesting why she doesn't make any solo events??Why she is always making events with Filipe?

Old 07-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well, you don't seem to read much of the Spanish press, to say that they don't usually criticise their royals, do you? :p

Anywau, here's the article, where you can see nobody is "talking bad" of Letizia:

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasre...gada/?auth=yes

It is commented among the Princess of Asturias’ circle of friendships that, although the Princess would like to gain a little weight, she is not worried for having lost some kilos, after the birth of her daughter, Infanta Leonor. Doña Letizia also confesses, in private, that those who look after her health always say that she does not have any nourishing problem and that, in her case, although her thinness persists, it is something inherent to her natural constitution, like it happens with her sisters; pure genetics.

The Princess of Asturias has recognized to some friends that she doen’t like when, in certain circumstances, people watch her as if she was not healthy, but that, since she does not have anything to hide, time will be in charge to speak for her.

In any case, her loss of weight has encouraged again some media and citizens to insistently talk about her weight and the reasons why Doña Letizia is so thin.

Tightened program in China
The images obtained during this last official trip to Asia showed this again, but also (and in the same line of always) a very happy person, on huge heels, who faces the tight agenda with an evident energy, along with her husband, Prince Felipe de Borbón. This was a lightening trip to China; a week filled with acts and promoting activities for Spain; an official trip of three days in which it was privileged the political, economic and cultural scopes.

The royal visit to China (the second one for Don Felipe de Borbón and first one of his wife) began on June 12th, in Shanghai, the city where the Prince inaugurated, along with Moratinos (minister of Foreign Affairs), the Forum of Investments and Hispanic-Chinese Enterprise Cooperation; the most important forum of the kind ever organized by Spain anywhere in the world.

Without ever stopping to take a single breath or to do any tourism by the most modern city of China, the Princes fulfilled all the programmed acts and, immediately, they flew to Beijing, in order to attend the inauguration of the greatest Cervantes Institute in the world; an institute which aims to support the cultural, political and economic interchanges of Spain with the Asian giant.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
thanks for that , wonder why she doesnt normally do duties by herself?? like the other Crown princess??
I think it is a well thought decision made by the royal house, for giving strenght to the image of the couple and mostly to Felipe, who is the heir to the throne. The political situation in spain is not easy and the popularity and image of the king is very good but it is not automatically something that Felipe will inherit with the throne (the popularity of his father), so it is something that he is building and continues to build now along with his wife. I think they thought that giving her more relevance or solo duties will deviate the attention in two directions, they have wanted to make a team that works together and support each other. Even after all the good work they do, we can see that they are still critics and they are still republicans that take every thing for their purposes. The fact that she does not do solo can be taken for some people as a negative thing, if she were doing solos and the attention of the press were concentrated on her like it normally happens in this kind of case, they would have critiziced it the same way or worse.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
In Hola Magazine there is a title saying "Why is LETIZIA so thin"? Well Spanish magazine ussualy don't say anything against spanish royals so I think the thinness of the Princess is exaggerate that they are asking why!!!Only because of physical atributes???she is now very very skinny, she wasn't like that before she got married.Also is interesting why she doesn't make any solo events??Why she is always making events with Filipe?
Spanish Magazine don't say anything againts Spanish Royals?! Where do you think portuguese magazines take the titles and news published in Portugal?!

From Spanish Media!!!

The Hola article is very well writen (thanks for translating :)) because approaches the issue without entering in the unpleasant show of speculating "Why Oh Why?!"

She is thin now as she has always been. She wasn't so thin before wedding because she had different schedule and a calmer life than she has now. I'm glad her life rythim makes her thinner and not fatter. I don't want to imagine what would be said about her if it was the case:( .

As for the other questions - solo duties - it has been discussed so many times that I would recommend a look through Princes' threads since this issue appears at least four times in each and other members already tried to explain and give their view on the issue.:)

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I think it is a well thought decision made by the royal house, for giving strenght to the image of the couple and mostly to Felipe, who is the heir to the throne. The political situation in spain is not easy and the popularity and image of the king is very good but it is not automatically something that Felipe will inherit with the throne (the popularity of his father), so it is something that he is building and continues to build now along with his wife. I think they thought that giving her more relevance or solo duties will deviate the attention in two directions, they have wanted to make a team that works together and support each other. Even after all the good work they do, we can see that they are still critics and they are still republicans that take every thing for their purposes. The fact that she does not do solo can be taken for some people as a negative thing, if she were doing solos and the attention of the press were concentrated on her like it normally happens in this kind of case, they would have critiziced it the same way or worse.
I think basically the same thing, to the Royal House is not interested for the present time, the expectation of a Letizia in solitarily, for the present time the monarchic institution it is ahead of the person. This week the magazine "Point de Vue", it has the Princes in the front page and the article seems to comment on this topic, probably someone with access to the magazine could say to us that it comments.

On the other hand, on the topic of the thinness, I have looked for an article that I read in a newspaper a few weeks ago. It begins the summer and the obsession of many people for losing weight, this article raises the opposite idea, those that want to gain weight and not to be able. They put precisely Letizia as an example of this circumstance. It offers very interesting information endorsed by doctors. 5 % of the Spanish population is very thin, they are perfectly healthy persons, but that has some type of problem that does that they do not put on weight. They comment on the suffering that times have great persons are, because they are not understood, or because for example they do not find clothes.
They speak about the genetic thinness, and about some physical or even psychological alterations that provoke that the persons do not put on weight.
They recommend a special nourishment and to reduce the activity.

This is the article in spanish
http://servicios.elcomerciodigital.c...J-VER-147.html

I have it translated, if to someone is interested I send it. I copy some fragments

Mad to put on weight

(...)
Hundreds of diets propose to descend from weight to gigantic steps, miraculous products say to be a panacea against the fat... It is the predominant note. But what happens with those that, for much that they want, they do not put on weight and are tired of denying that they have anorexia or any other problem of health. The princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz, for example, has had to deny in an occasion this type of commentaries. It is not necessary to forget that one is in the habit of the thinness associating to the disease, when it is everything opposite. " Nowadays, thin being is profitable. Providing that it is not a product of a disorder, it is better to be thin that fat. The obesity has more risks for the health ", notices the endocrinologist Marisol Ruiz de Adana.

It is what is known as constitutional thinness and removes written in the genes. In this case, relation does not exist with any disease. It is more, is in the habit of accompanying of good appetite and of physical intense activity. They are persons who are born with a number of cells of minor fat of the normal thing, which impedes the profit of adipose fabric. " This type of persons feels healthy, but thinness makes them be shy and introverted I have seen in my consultation people who could never have bought a denim trousers in a shop. Always the clothes have been done to measure ", assures the nutriólogo gijonés Jesus Bernardo.
(...)

Old 07-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Courtier

It is clear that she is too thin...no matter what excuse we try to find--you can tell by her face, her neck, her arms--yes, you can be thin, but it is not thin, it is, IMO, exaggerated thinness. Her nose is very prominent now, her cheek bones--it just does not look good. No matter what excuses we try to find and how "well nourished" she is...For HOla to put that title is really weird. This is only my opinion.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
It is clear that she is too thin...no matter what excuse we try to find--you can tell by her face, her neck, her arms--yes, you can be thin, but it is not thin, it is, IMO, exaggerated thinness. Her nose is very prominent now, her cheek bones--it just does not look good. No matter what excuses we try to find and how "well nourished" she is...For HOla to put that title is really weird. This is only my opinion.
It is not a question of excuses, is a medical reality, that there exist persons who are like that.

And what she is going to do? To go away to a desert island, to forget everything, relax and not to have any activity, to manage to put on weight.
She is a woman constitutionally thin, that has a life with very much stress and with many pressure, and it prevents her from gaining weight. There are few things that she could do.

The same thing that a person who weighs 150 kilos, and it is not like that because eats very much, but because it has some type of problem, and today in day already many operations of stomach are done.

If a person is fatter, thinner,uglier, higher, lower ... what it is not possible to do is to repeat it again and again, or to be insinuating providing that there is sure that it is sick. These things cause many complexes in the persons, the persons who are very thin, often they do not also feel well with itself (only it is necessary to read what the doctor says in this article)...Like there are persons with kilos of more than they pass very badly ... it is necessary to have a lot of care with these be afraid, and if someone is of a way, it is not possible to harass and overwhelm him, because that can really cause problems.

It is necessary to learn that in the society the majority of the population does not answer to a few ideal prototypes. And there are persons with morbid obesity and very thin persons.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Commoner

okay letizia may look better with some more kilos but why always say that she is sick? Now a person just can be thin without hear the others talking about that all the time? She is like that, a thin person. so what can we do? nothing. I'm thin to and no one is tell me all time that I'm some health problem. I don´t eat? believe me, I eat a lot!:p try to put me great food on the table in front of me and you will see!
For me this topic didn't have a lot to talk. Letizia said she eat and she is thin since ever, soo what we want more? me.. nothing. her words is enough to me and there are must value that any words of the persons who written this articles
Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
It is not a question of excuses, is a medical reality, that there exist persons who are like that.

And what she is going to do? To go away to a desert island, to forget everything, relax and not to have any activity, to manage to put on weight.
She is a woman constitutionally thin, that has a life with very much stress and with many pressure, and it prevents her from gaining weight. There are few things that she could do.

The same thing that a person who weighs 150 kilos, and it is not like that because eats very much, but because it has some type of problem, and today in day already many operations of stomach are done.

If a person is fatter, thinner,uglier, higher, lower ... what it is not possible to do is to repeat it again and again, or to be insinuating providing that there is sure that it is sick. These things cause many complexes in the persons, the persons who are very thin, often they do not also feel well with itself (only it is necessary to read what the doctor says in this article)...Like there are persons with kilos of more than they pass very badly ... it is necessary to have a lot of care with these be afraid, and if someone is of a way, it is not possible to harass and overwhelm him, because that can really cause problems.

It is necessary to learn that in the society the majority of the population does not answer to a few ideal prototypes. And there are persons with morbid obesity and very thin persons.

This is not about a prototype. She has lost a LOT of weight, and she looks "different." I don't know about a "medical reality" because I am not in the healthcare field, but I can tell you that she looks thinner than normal, and IF HOLA is making a big deal about it, it must be very obvious--that's all. No one is harrassing her (media, I mean), but if you can say "she looks great," freedom of press or speech allows you to say "she looks" too thin. Whether it is how she is or not, the bottom line is she LOOKS thin, very thin...that's all.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Aristocracy

Exact is very disagreeable that the people are always saying that if you do not eat, who if you are ill; single for being very skinny. In my case I eat very well and am perfect of health although people can think that no.

And you think that an ill person would support the rate of work of Letizia? impossible. In addition the own princess and the prince have said that she is thus and who it is his constitution and that cannot do nothing. Thus I believe that would have to accept it.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
This is not about a prototype. She has lost a LOT of weight, and she looks "different." I don't know about a "medical reality" because I am not in the healthcare field, but I can tell you that she looks thinner than normal, and IF HOLA is making a big deal about it, it must be very obvious--that's all. No one is harrassing her (media, I mean), but if you can say "she looks great," freedom of press or speech allows you to say "she looks" too thin. Whether it is how she is or not, the bottom line is she LOOKS thin, very thin...that's all.
It is evident that she is very thin, but normally the press does not say it to show a reality, but to create polemic.It is not an innovation, and because they repeat it is not going to change. Already they will get bored.
I do not believe that this thinner than before the pregnancy, when already they insinuated all kinds of barbarities. If you see her photos across the years, you will see that there are times that she has been a bit fatter and times that she has been a bit thinner. We all lose and gain weight, only that if a person is thin is in the habit of being more obvious. Also it is true that in spite of this apparent weakness, has an incredible resistance.

Of Hola lately remedy does not have it (The articles of the Bordiu does not have pardon ). I will say to you that in the front page of the magazine they do not do any reference to this topic, only they name the trip to China. Only they speak about the topic inside the magazine; I do not deal because into the web they have changed it, imagine that to call the attention.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Courtier

It is a common thing that when a person is thin like Letizia or other famous people, the media start commenting about possible health problems, some of them will be right and some of them are wrong. One name that comes to my mind is Keira Knightley, who has denied recently of being anorexic. It is pretty hard to be labeled with being ill in some way just because you loose weight, as it is the same thing for people who gain weight, who are threated even worse, because few people consider obesity like an illness.
The spanish royal house one denied that Letizia was sick, so assuming that like the final say about the topic. It is normal that for some people she looks great and for other people she just look too thin, same case of Victoria Beckman. Lets just not give her a label, which is really stressing for her when you add all the comments all together.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I totally agree with you! In fact I read Hola and sometimes "Lecturas" and I see that they really don't want to say anything strange regarding to their royals, these Spanish magazines know how to say things in order not to say anything against them, tha's for sure!!!!!
I think she is thin yes, before her marriage she was not so thin!!
She has now a very busy agenda and that could be the reason because she is like that. I'am not judging her I'm just saying that she is very thin and that doesn't look good on her. Hola is now talking about this issue, in fact everyone comment!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Always it has been said that Letizia is a very active and nervous person, and it in an inevitable way makes her consume calories that do not exceed her.

Now a life has with much more stress, and it is normal that it reflects somehow. But it is something difficultly avoidable, and the circumstances do not help. Her agenda of acts is full, they are travelling constant and have a baby with who that try to pass all the possible time. But I do not believe that it is what causes more stress. Her life has changed very much, and has pressure great, always it is someone ready to looking for the most minimal detail to criticize and to live through it like that is difficult. Though since was born Leonor is very evident that she is more relaxed. The bad thing is that it is not anything that affects only her, affects all those who surround her. In the last month, her sister appears every week in the magazines, the press chases her car, and several times have recorded Erika with her father Jesus and the little Carla. Probably, it is the hardest thing, which is something that not only concerns her life, but also to that of her family. And it is what more has hurt her always, that stuffs it to her daughter, to her parents, that her niece this one exposed to this circus...
Old 07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Courtier

We can all agree that she is a very thin woman, she has a very challanging life, she is a very busy person and have few time to relax.

We can see that her family genes are helping her to be thin, even when it happens that she eats properly.

Stress and work helps to make someone thiner or fatter, whatever the way we tend to show. Most of the people show one way or the other.

So then...what we can do or she can do..not much.....i agree with Lula that she wont hold herself to do her job unless there is really an issue, not according to what the press may think but according to real facts.

We can agree that she would look even better with some more kilos, but im sure if she could do something to help it, she would have done that along time ago, just to avoid these recurrent comments, if not for herself.

So it is ok to say she is thin or even very thin, but not that fair to say she is sick or whatever.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course not! She doesn't look sick at all! She looks healthy however, she would look better with some more kilos! Just my opinion. But she is beautiful anyway that's for sure!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Nobility

i think that letizia is thin but a very beutiful woman!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It is obvious that Letizia is thin for constitution, she is not sick and has a good aspect and good healthyand of course she is a very pretty woman . But is very thin ( and she can´t do anything to gain weight) , for that I think that the best thing that she must do is to pretend her thinness, for example (I have said this a lot of times) she should not have such a long hair, because with the long hair her face seems to be very thin, without light, without expression. And it should have a type of court juvenile.
it´s just my opinion.

Just like that...... But anyway Letizia is a very pretty and healthy woman.
Long Hair
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7...nghair25ao.jpg

Cut Hair
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9...ocorto22uf.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5...locorto6kg.jpg
Old 07-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I really think she should cut her hair a bit! But I think like Princess Mary, letizia likes to have long hair!Although I think it does not look so good on her because she is now very thin!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Serene Highness

Red face

apparently, the press in Latin America has observed Princess Letizia's weight, as she appears on People en Español's online Photo Gallery:
http://www.peopleenespanol.com/pespa...5969_1,00.html

Al límite de la balanza

The weight loss of the Princess of Asturias, which began when she joined the royal family and lost further weight after her pregnancy, has worried her followers. Nevertheless, she defends herself by saying that her figure is due to her privileged metabolism. (translation edited by me)

Closed Thread