The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is rediculous that she cant even recieve a ham alone, they have been married for more than a year now and she highly educated and is the mother of the heir. Its great with a team but one or two events alone a month would hardly hurt the team

Old 02-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I think it is rediculous that she cant even recieve a ham alone, they have been married for more than a year now and she highly educated and is the mother of the heir. Its great with a team but one or two events alone a month would hardly hurt the team
It is true that already is time that they leave her to make things alone. But also it is true that the first act to the one that comes alone, is going to have expectation and many repercussion great in the mass media, and is better that it is a more important, slightly more serious act. The delivery of a ham is something anecdotal. I believe that it is better that her first act in solitary is in something that is identified by her and that is representative of the way for which she is going to direct her steps in her following acts.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
"Receive a ham." HEE HEE HEE. Sorry. You don't usually hear the words "Letizia" and "ham" in the same place so many times! Hee!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Courtier

For some reason I think it is the SRF who won't allow Letizia to do public events on her own. I think they think she's too confident and when that confidence shows, conservatives will be up in arms just like when she "interrupted" Felipe at one of their first appearances together. I could be wrong but Spain is different from The Netherlands and Denmark. CP Letizia is expected to be seen not heard.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
For some reason I think it is the SRF who won't allow Letizia to do public events on her own. I think they think she's too confident and when that confidence shows, conservatives will be up in arms just like when she "interrupted" Felipe at one of their first appearances together. I could be wrong but Spain is different from The Netherlands and Denmark. CP Letizia is expected to be seen not heard.
Letizia didn't interrupted Felipe, it was the other way around and this was widely discussed around this forum
Old 02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Letizia didn't interrupted Felipe, it was the other way around and this was widely discussed around this forum
I know he actually interrupted her and she was just telling him to let her finish, but as you know the press blew this up and tried to make it as if she had interrupted PF. And so we all agree - Letizia should be doing solo engagements. :)
Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Commoner

FHASIONABLE LETIZIA And MAXIMA PRINCESS And SPEAK SPANISH

Here is the link: http://www.lavox.com/protagonista/02-02-2005.php

The translation:

They have paid attention that the princess with more style of the moment and those that they are fashionable, they are the princess who speaks Spanish? they are Maxima and Letizia.

All this fashion nevertheless has like pioneer - although by many years she was the only princess who spoke Spanish and came from a plebian family - to the Cuban Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, nowadays Great Duchess and woman ' reinanté in the principality that his husband inherited of his parents - and that without title some (although originating of a exiliada family of high social rank and with money) enamored crazy to Enrique of Luxembourg, one of the most handsome princes of Europe for 20 years and even now!

And perhaps while Maria colored person Teresa, always full of curves and with a very tropical face learned all the secrets of the protocol and gave to inheriting light after heir the throne - never it imagined that in 2000 princesá would arrive at Holland Latin American other ': beautiful and ' Argentine girl bien' Maxima Zorreguieta, that the good education and the class are seen him over the clothes - and nowadays she is happy wife of inheriting prince Guillermo de Orange, princess of its new country (where she has learned to speak the difficult Dutch language) and mother of a gordita girl called Amalia that all Holland venerates!

And the last year the inheriting prince of Spain - that had had thousand fiancèes chose the less imaginable wife! A professional girl who became single and who was not nothing "pija" (but of family worker and very of middle-class) and of that he is in favor crazy of love and she cannot demonstrate it with greater face of adoration! Another princess who speaks Spanish, that is handsome, that is plebian and that conquered the heart of one of the unmarried ones more coveted of Europe!

They will have these princess and future queens something ' in común'?... Then many say that normales' is indeed the being women ', without nobiliarios titles - and without to have grown in the rigors of the protocol which causes that the princes feel very attracted them. And in case of Maria Teresa, Maxima and Letizia the three were in addition small college students, very modern and with personality! Some lesson to learn? That when it is spoken Spanish - and one smiles to the life, we can conquer until a the blue prince!:)
Old 03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Courtier

I don't like her outfit. She looks too thin. Her legs are way too thin! She needs to eat more!! Only an opinion...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I don't like her outfit. She looks too thin. Her legs are way too thin! She needs to eat more!! Only an opinion...
I do not understand the insistence in this subject time and time again. LETIZIA IS THIN. And it is not a question to eat more or less, or to want to be fatter or thinner, it is a METABOLISM question. And who time and time again does not understand it and insists on this subject, it is because it does not want to understand it. In the world there is fat people, normal people and thin people, each person have her metabolism. And there is fat people or thin people who cannot change that, because their body works of a certain way. That a person this thin one, does not mean that she don´t eat, or that this always to diet... is people who is naturally thin... and that no matter how hard it eats, does not go to get fat in excess. Letizia is a thin girl with a small body, and although she eats wonderfully is not going to get fat.

I have a friend who is very thin, more than Letizia. She eats perfectly, does not do diet nor anything similar. But she has a thyroid problem, and does what does does not get fat. The poor woman is desperate, because she does not want to be so thin, and cannot get fat. In this world where the thinness is too ideal and everybody wants to thin....very few people understands that it is people that is naturally thin, to that would like to get fat, but that by their metabolism they cannot.
Just as there is people who are fat and to that it offends to them that they are judged for that reason, is people who are thin and it happens to them the same.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Commoner

I had reservations about Letizia at the beginning since Felipe is my favorite Prince but the more I read and see about her the more convinced I am that she is the perfect consort Princess. She has such an air of an intelligent and interested person in all the acts she attends and the Prince seems so much happier when he attends his engagements. I sincerely hope that the future brings many solo engagements for her and that she shines "SOLO".
Old 03-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Calm down Lula..Roxsteve is just givin his opinion...some can think like you..but others dont...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
Calm down Lula..Roxsteve is just givin his opinion...some can think like you..but others dont...
I feel it, but it is that this seems an obsession, that I am incapable to understand. I do not understand that it is judged or crique to people to be fat or thin. There is much people who that does not choose it. And I do not understand that with Letizia it is insisted time and time again on this subject.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

dear lula,it's obvious that the princess lost weight but i don't think she has health problems. i think she is a princess of difficult monarchy and people expect her a lot meanwhile she a perfectionist and a new mom with such hard and intense royal duties. she is the only cp who loses weight recently but looks stunning at the same time,so guys before saying anything about her weight please first look at her and other cps' aganda.
btw,thank you for all wonderful photos although i can't see some of them.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
dear lula,it's obvious that the princess lost weight but i don't think she has health problems. i think she is a princess of difficult monarchy and people expect her a lot meanwhile she a perfectionist and a new mom with such hard and intense royal duties. she is the only cp who loses weight recently but looks stunning at the same time,so guys before saying anything about her weight please first look at her and other cps' aganda.
btw,thank you for all wonderful photos although i can't see some of them.
I do not believe that it is thus. In addition, if you still pay attention to Letizia has a little belly after the pregnancy, she has not recovered her previous figure. All the princess is lost weight, it is only necessary to see her images before and after the wedding; probably Mary of Denmark is lost many more weight than Letizia, but to Letizia it is note more because she is thinner, and no matter how little she loses its makes very evident.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

maybe beacuse when L loses weight, her face shows it .anyway the most important thing is we and felipe always love and adore her whether she loses weight or gain it.but at the bottom of our heart we want her perfect,she made us perfectionist too.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
maybe beacuse when L loses weight, her face shows it .anyway the most important thing is we and felipe always love and adore her whether she loses weight or gain it.but at the bottom of our heart we want her perfect,she made us perfectionist too.
For that reason I do not understand it, her aspect is the one that is and no matter how hard people insist on the subject, her aspect is not going to change because she has been born thus. I do not understand that people pay attention only to that when this act is a sample of which Letizia is a Princess who makes her work perfectly. It is very good for seeing speak it with politicians how Durao Barroso with normality.
It is evident that the Princes are wonderful and more and more happy, are untiring workers... only is that soon they return to show to us to the little Leonor.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Well the fact is that she doesn't look ok so thinner, she wasn't like that during the fiance period or before, her face dosn't look as beautiful as she used to and even the hair is poor and boring, she's extremelly skinny I beleive she's stressed.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lula, I agree totaly with you on two levels. First for the Letizia's little belly, i noticed that and i found it quiet charming ( hehehehe, may be I am jalous... )Secondly for her thinness, this question is becoming ridiculous, as you can see Letizia's mother and sisters, they are NOT FAT AT ALL. It's a metabolism strucrure of the women in this family to be thin; what is the problem. In my opinion, i think it's better to be slim at 30 years because somtime it's difficult for a woman to like stay at 50 years.

If the princess is perfectionnist, nervous, anxious, SO WHAT ! She has to do her job and she is doing perfectly with beauty, gracefully and intellignce and now smiling broad since the Leonor's birth.

And as you can see on ALL the snapshots that we have since two month she is particularly gorgeous with a thrue perfum of love. May be it's that wich is unacceptable, isn't ?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Letizia has changed to her life much in the last two years. Now she has reponsabilities that before nontapeworm, she work in clase of subjects that has although not heard to speak in her life, she has a daughter, and she is in one posicion(Princess), in which she feels observed, everybody this slope of which she does, which says, that she clothes take, if she is handsome one if she is ugly one, if she says something bad...

It is normal that sometimes she feels under a lot of estress , she has had very just a short time to adapt to this new life.
The unic thing that we must to do is to give her a little time, time for she adapts to this new life.

She is an intelligent, cultured woman and mainly to if that if now we see it estress it is normal.

Letizia has all the conditions to be a great Princess of Asturias and to contribute monarchy one vision very near feeling of the town, and very fine ear to hear from the palace the emotions of the Spanish people.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paty, your last sentence is beautiful and i share your opinion.

Closed Thread