Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 4: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nayralorenzo said:
I don't like her too...but I like other princess like Maxima or Mary. The thing is Letizia is doing NOTHING for Spanish people, she only sits with Felipe and says anything...was she not the most important newspaper of the last 30 years?
When she was presented as the fiance of Felipe I have liked her, so spontaneous...so natural...I thought she was going to make something different...but now....agh, I really don't like her.
I am sorry if my opinion is not yours...but it's an opinion...and everybody has one.

I think that Letizia will have more responsibilities of her own as time passes. She has had a very busy schedule, regardless of whether she was by her husband's side or carrying out an agenda of her own.

It is not Letizia's decision to decide that she must now make her own way. She cannot do so without the consent and support of His Majesty. It was announced long ago that Princess Letizia would not have her own agenda for the time being. Certainly she must have ideas and when she is given the go ahead I am sure that that she will be very productive. Just note that Letizia is not sitting back and simply carrying out engagements with Felipe because she is afraid or a simpleton.

I think that is is ridiculous to dislike someone for "not doing anything." It would be completely different if Letizia was sitting at home doing her nails while Felipe carried out all of the official duties, but she has been right at his side at every turn until her maternity leave. So, in that respect she has accomplished something-managing to support her husband and showing up for work every day. With each appearance and function, she gains the experience needed to carry out such duties on her own.

Oh, and Letizia and Felipe also managed to produce an heir to the throne. Something that is also important to Spain and the monarchy. I am not sure if you or others had actually noticed that she was busy creating life for several months.

well, i'am not that certain about L performing solo activities !

of course, my opinion isn't based at all on the assomptions some posters make (imo, completely injustified) about her "incapacity do do on her own", or her "dependance on her husband" etc etc - her professionnal path shows clearly that those kind of presumptions are completely out of context !

i think she feels just in the right place right now : all she's accomplishing with F, as a team, seems to be the most "épanouissant" for her, the best adjusted

moving in the politico-academico-social structures (as they do now) and meeting plenty of really interesting people - match imo everything we heard about her (her will, strong work ethic, curiosity, wish to learn and to complete her knowlegde, ambition, perfectionisme (...) and permits her to fulfil her potential

i'm affraid that - once she starts acting on her own - she'll be reduced to the traditionnal activities that almost all other female CPs do : charities, visiting schools, opening playgrounds, (...) and posing with the inforgettable little "bouquet" in her arms...

i agree those things are also important, but - from my point of view - they apper to be too much artificial, without substance, comparing the the most activities she has the occasion to be involved right now!

and imo, it will be such a waste of talent...

Correspondence

Does anybody know how you can write to the Princess of Asturias? I have seen a horrible article that Leonor has health problems and that the Princes have been hiding all this from the public.

anah said:
Does anybody know how you can write to the Princess of Asturias? I have seen a horrible article that Leonor has health problems and that the Princes have been hiding all this from the public.

Do not notice, it has determined press that writes many stupidities. Leonor is marvellously, only it is necessary to see the images of the girl two weeks ago.
The most horrible thing is that there are people who invents these barbarities on a creature.:mad:

anah said:
Not another tabloid article about a baby! They already did this to Ingrid Alexandra.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/59611/0/letizia/ortiz/princesa/

Before being officially engaged to prince Felipe, Letizia Ortiz was the girl of the TVE newscast, a beautiful face that informed about the national and international news with seriousness. The reporter was then 30 years old and already counted on a solid experience in the world of the media, guaranteed by her passage by the newspaper ABC, the Efe News Agency, the American television network Bloomberg TV, the private channel Cnn+ and finally TVE.
Some have interpreted such a successful career as a signal of intelligence and tenacity; others as the confirmation of an “extreme ambition".

Little by little new data were disclosed: Letizia Ortiz was divorced, was daughter of divorced parents as well and her mother, who was a nurse, was also a trade unionist. Nevertheless, this information, mixed with ability, contributed to conform the picture of "a modern, independent woman and of her own time". Travelled, responsible, a lover of adrenalin, who’s always where’s the news, serious, demanding, elegant and a impenitent reader, Doña Letizia has learned quickly how to accomplish her new role.

That "let me speak" with which she interrupted prince Felipe at the beginning of their relation has been replaced, after two years living in the Palace, by a etiquette, silence and prudence that she probably never believed herself to carry out, neither in her personal life, nor professionally.

Still nowadays, during the official acts, she is eager to know, eager to participate in everything. Prudence, nevertheless, is now her intimate friend.
It is not easy to speak on the profile of Letizia as mother. Daughter of divorced parents, we know that she adores to her family, especially her grandparents. From the modest apartment of her taxi driver grandfather, in the White Coast, to Asturias, where she visits her grandmother, Menchu del Valle (who became famous throughout Europe, due to the hug that her granddaughter gave to her in pre-wedding gala dinner). The death of her paternal gradfather was a hardest blow for her, which did not prevent her, nevertheless, to perform an official duty, before 48 hours had passed from the burial.

With her two sisters, Erika and Telma, she maintains an excellent relationship, and she is completely devoted to her nephews.
With such antecedents, rooted in her land and family, her innate curiosity and the cultural preparation that she has received, it is logical to think that Doña Letizia has conquered much of the challenge she has ahead of her: to educate an Infanta of Spain.

I didnt know that Felipe was one of the godparents of the denmark's prince. (or at least is what this article says). It is too bad Felipe can't assist because of his trip to Latin america.

Do you think that Letizia will take Leonor with her to her trip to Bulgaria?

Ariel said:
I didnt know that Felipe was one of the godparents of the denmark's prince. (or at least is what this article says). It is too bad Felipe can't assist because of his trip to Latin america.

Do you think that Letizia will take Leonor with her to her trip to Bulgaria?

I imagine that it will depend on the type of trip, if it is only a trip of going and return or if the stay in Bulgaria is going to be longer.

On that the Prince is a godfather of the Danish Prince it would not be strange, there the babies have several godfathers and the Prince has a good relation with Federico across his Greek cousins. I have read that would be Hakoon and Victory, but the baby have any more and probably how Don Felipe does not represent he was not named by danish press.
The trips of the Prince to latinoamérica are very important for him and for the exterior Spanish politics, since he can coincide and meet numerous Chiefs of State. This year has the close one different in March to Chile. One of his functions is to represent Spain in these changes of government, and ride 10 years doing it ... this is more important than a baptism.;)

Yes I know it is important and I agree he should give priority to those, what i didnt know was that Felipe was chosen as a godfather for the little baby (no name yet?).

Elsa M. said:
...In such case, the awaited return of Princess Letizia after the birth of Infanta Leonor would take place next February 8th, for the inauguration of the new Cervantes Institute in Sofia (Bulgaria).

It seems that they have changed the date of the open because according to this news it was the 11th. It will be necessary to wait to see the definitive agenda, if it is like that will be a shame, because on the 8th and 9th Putin will be of Official Visit in Spain, and if it is like that we will not see them in the dinner.:confused:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/339231-post24.html

[
Prince Felipe will be one of the godparents of the first-born of Princes Federick and Mary of Denmark, but he won’t attend the ceremony, due to work reasons, since it agrees with an official trip to Latin America. Don Felipe has sent a message to his good friend the Danish Heir, to excuse his and the Princess’ absence.

[/quote]

Hi everyone,

I have a question, even if Felipe is not attending the baptism, is he still a godparent?

Thanks in advance.

I think he is, it happened similarly when Ingrid Alexandra (Felipe was her godfather too) was babtised.

Yes, but the danish court will not confirm who the godparents are until the day.

Ariel said:
I have a question, even if Felipe is not attending the baptism, is he still a godparent?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that yes. Prince Felipe and Prince Frederik were godfathers of Ingrid Alexandra, although neither them could attend the baptism because was in the previous weeks to their respective weddings. In these cases how there are several godfathers, it seems that the presence of all is not strictly necessary.;)

no need to get like that girls. i also think there's no reason to compare mary and letizia. sherezade, you said that letizia only attended one event since the birth but you need to take into account how busy letizia's schedule before the birth and throughout a whole year was and how relaxed mary's was. i'm not saying that letizia does a better job, but let's face it: the acts letizia and felipe attend take into account a lot more off-work than mary's attendance to fashion shows or to baptise a rose with her name.
also, fanletizia, i think sherezade was saying 102 degrees farenheit, not celcius, as we calculate it in spanish speaking countries.
lula, i didn't hear anywhere that letizia married with fever, are you serious? where did you read that?

going ontopic again, i just found this photo in hola magazine of the queen and letizia in the show of tamara rojo and julio bocca. i will paste the link in the family thread as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
carlota said:
lula, i didn't hear anywhere that letizia married with fever, are you serious? where did you read that?

I totally say it in serious, when it was the wedding was rumored in some mass media, but in the end was one of those so many things that said and that one did not know very or if were truth or lie. Recently I read it again, nonmemory where, some journalist confirmed that it had been certain. Once I listened or I read that Letizia was inclined to the throat problems, if beams memories you will remember that days before the wedding, when they received to De la Vega and the Commission that organizad the wedding , Letizia took a tieed handkerchief to the neck. ;)

Well, she's back. Scherezada, maybe The Powers That Be at Zarzuela heard you.

www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060125/51226509760.html
My google translation:) :

The Princess returns to the work
DOÑA LETIZIA WILL BE IN BARCELONA IN THE CENTENARY OF ´MUNDO DEPORTIVO´
MARIÁNGEL PALACE - 25/01/2006
BARCELONA

Right Alos three months to give light, the princess of Asturias will retake its official activities next to prince Felipe the next Tuesday 31 of January in Barcelona, in the occasion of the commemorative supper with which A will be celebrated the centenary of Sport World to start off of the 1 of February, Doña Letizia will give by finalized her labor loss and will attend all those acts in which its presence is required following the same criterion used prior to the childbirth of infant Leonor, who was born the past in Madrid 31 of October.

In principle, Doña Letizia will continue going to the official acts as her companion of the Prince, although in the Zarzuela already the possibility that begins to study the princess of Asturias goes single to some acts, as also makes Reina and the Infants, Doña Elena and Doña Cristina. As it already advanced the Vanguard, the first official trip to the foreigner of Doña Letizia, after the birth of its daughter, will have as Sofía destiny (Bulgaria), where next the 10 of February a new seat of the Cervantes Institute will be inaugurated. Before the summer, the Princes will travel to China with the purpose of attending the opening of a new seat of the Cervantes, this time in Beijing. In these long displacements, the small Leonor would remain in Madrid like so many other children of forced mothers to travel for labor reasons, although it does not discard that the Infant accompanies to her parents in some displacements that do not imply great logistic problems.

The princess of Asturias, besides to attend the acts that take place in Madrid or other cities, also must in her agenda accompany to the Prince Chile, where the next month of March the taking of possession of new president Michelle Bachelet will be celebrated. In addition to the protocolic acts of the crossing of powers, the Princes have an invitation to visit the day-care center Princess Letizia, a center of welcome of minors located in a locality near Santiago, whose maintenance was the gift that the Chilean Government did to the Princes in the occasion of his wedding.

It is probably that by now Letizia is not full breastfeeding her baby and she is probably trying some formula. If she will be going to China or Barcelona or places where Leonor cant go with her, then it is probably that she is starting to use formula, just for checking in advance that she gets used to it before she goes in those trips.

lys said:
You are right in somethings but not in others. Letizia can go dinner when she wants and also other Princesses had several weeks off. But I only want to say that Letizia should go to Pascua Militar and Diplomatic Corps, they are important acts and they lasted only hours.

Perhaps Letizia or the SRF didn't want to turn these two important events into the talks of Letizia, Leonor and the upcoming baptism, let the events be the events itself without much distraction.

planetcher said:
Well, she's back. Scherezada, maybe The Powers That Be at Zarzuela heard you.

www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060125/51226509760.html
My google translation:) :

The Princess returns to the work
DOÑA LETIZIA WILL BE IN BARCELONA IN THE CENTENARY OF ´MUNDO DEPORTIVO´
MARIÁNGEL PALACE - 25/01/2006
BARCELONA

As it already advanced the Vanguard, the first official trip to the foreigner of Doña Letizia, after the birth of its daughter, will have as Sofía destiny (Bulgaria), where next the 10 of February a new seat of the Cervantes Institute will be inaugurated. .

If the trip to Bulgaria is the 10th, it means, that maybe we have the opportunity to see Letizia in a dinner of gala 1 year later .... because on the 8th Putin comes to Spain.:D

but, usually a gala dinner for a state visit takes place on the 1st night of the visit, right?
so, if Putin comes on the 8th, then the gala dinner should be on the 8th too, right?
i just hope if this happen, the russian don't ask to scale-down the banquet, like they did in netherlands last year, where there's no tiara, and not even black tie.

Princess de Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, has responded affirmatively to invitation made by cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, so that she is president of honor of the World-wide Congress of Catholic Televisions that will take place from the 9 to the 13 of October in Madrid, according to informed a spokesman into the Palace from the Zarzuela to Europe Press

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060125193001&tabID=1&ch=66

Princess de Asturias will receive the Jamón de Teruel number three million next the 16 of February TERUEL, 26 Ene. (EUROPE PRESS) -

Princess de Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, in a hearing will receive the Jamón de Teruel with D.O. number three million ' that will grant to the people in charge of Promorigen and the Regulating Council the next Thursday 16 of February, according to have transmitted in an official notice from Zarzuela president of Promorigen, Right Mercadal, that was the one who attended the offer.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060126175221&tabID=1&ch=66

LaChicaMadrilena said:
What does a Spanish word Jamón mean? Is it something to eat?!:D

According to my dictionary, it means Ham. So, it is good to eat indeed;)

What kind of act is this really, is it an official one for her alone in Zarzuela with photos taken? Will she recieve a ham:confused: Is it a famous ham?? :p

Anna_R said:
According to my dictionary, it means Ham. So, it is good to eat indeed;)
So the news is that Letizia will recieve a ham, that is also number three million in a line of hams:)

Larzen said:
What kind of act is this really, is it an official one for her alone in Zarzuela with photos taken? Will she recieve a ham:confused: Is it a famous ham?? :p

It is not known, we will have to hope to see the agenda. Your commentaries do grace to me:D , reason why I can intuit that you don´t know very well the Spanish gastronomy. The ham is one of more famous nutritional products of the Spain, most famous is ham of Jabugo, but also there are other denominations of origin how Guijuelo or Teruel. The Prince already went to a congress of ham in Teruel, but the Princess could not go and they could not give the ham to her. Teruel has been in addition a Spanish province that is a little isolated, for years began a campaign "Teruel exists" to occur to know. With this type of initiatives they obtain publicity of the product and the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom