The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mapian, many thanks for the article about the Princess's rank in sounding.

In my opinion the reasons exponed are the good one"s because they put ahead objective qualities that people likes as family life, baby's caring of, but mainly giving to her husband strengh to have a better public image.

I think it's the good result of the idea that the most important it is the valorisation of the Princes of Asturias together than more Letzia is doing something by herself. It's obvious she is very competent and capable to do speeches and presid meeting, it was more difficult to think that she should be able to be more discreat helping Felipe to reinforce his position than to promove herself speeching and presiding official acts by herself for what we have no doubt one her capacities.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here this survey. In this case it is a question of a serious study, that it publishes monthly and that it refers to the current importance of the country. One is in the habit of this type of studies realizing on one a population of all kinds.

http://www.jdsurvey.net/bdasepjds/PrinNovedades2.jsp

The Wreath receives again this month the highest valuation (6,2 points in a scale from 0 to 10), followed by the Armed Forces (5,7 points), the Constitutional Court (5,5), the Supreme Court (5,4), the Government of the Nation and the Autonomic Administration (5,2 points in both cases), the Courts of Justice, the Public Administration of the State and the Local Administration (5,1 in three cases), the Catholic Church (5,0), and the Banks (4,8 points in a scale from 0 to 10 points). And between the public prominent figures for whom it has wondered, the Princess Letizia receives this month the highest valuation (6,2 points in a scale from 0 to 10), followed by Adolfo Suárez (5,8 points), and Felipe Gonzalez (5,3), who returns to overcome for the fifth month in a row Rodríguez Zapatero (5,1).

Old 04-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Maybe that's the reason why the Palace doesn't wanna let her go on her own yet because they don't want her to upstage Felipe, the future king, kinda like Diana was more popular than Charles. I think the image that the Palace wants them to project is a family unit of a monarchy by doing royal duties together. For now I guess the palace just wants her to be just a consorte.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe the Spanish Royal Family is doing the right thing in allowing Letizia accompany Felipe to events. He gets much more press coverage that way. If Letizia would do events on her own she would become more like a celebrity and not part of the next King/Queen team. Besides the events are of a more serious nature than many events crown princesses tend to do. The King is a very smart man with great intuition and my guess is he is firmly in charge of the program of his heir and consort. And this survey above validates the way Letizia has been integrated into the royal family's work plan.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The questions about Princess Letizia's assistants / ladies in waiting were moved to this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post426891
Old 04-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Courtier

It's lovely to see the two of them together at functions - like a real pro team. I'm sure the King knows what he is doing and I'm pretty sure the princess when given the opportunity to carry out her how duties will not try to upstage the Prince.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

To be Princes of Asturias, today, i a very hard task becaus nothing is determine is the spanish constition for their roles and their responsabilties. So, the best way to reinforce the credibility of their position, the public image of Felipe, by the way the strengh of the couple is that Letizia work beside her husband. I always think it's the best way for their success. I'm quite sur that Letizia, who is very clever knows that, and don't want, may be with the Casa Real act by herself to inugurate public places or something else. It's not the time yet.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Letizia congratulates to Mollerussa by a paper dress

Princess of Asturias has written a letter to the mayor of Mollerussa, Antoni Bosch, in which it congratulates to the organizers of the traditional aid of paper dresses to have reproduced in the last edition of this one the red suit, design of Lorenzo Caprile, who the then ones promised of prince Felipe shone in Copenhagen with occasion of the wedding of Federico and Mary of Denmark.
The letter of princess Letizia, according to explained the mayor of Mollerussa, will happen to comprise of the letter collection that different personalities have made arrive in recognition at this aid of paper dresses, as they are queen Isabel II of England, princess Gracia of Monaco, the one of the lady on watch of queen Victoria Eugenia or the one of the female leader of cabinet of the empress Farah Diba. The City council of Mollerussa has predicted to open a museum of paper dresses, in where all the prizes of the 41 years of this singular aid will be exhibited.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060...256124449.html
Old 05-06-2006, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
I checked the official calendar and didn't see any activity programed on May 13th. Why didn't Zarzuela let Letizia attend the students' graduation she obviously wanted to ? The schedule conflict sounds like a poor excuse here :p.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
I checked the official calendar and didn't see any activity programed on May 13th. Why didn't Zarzuela let Letizia attend the students' graduation she obviously wanted to ? The schedule conflict sounds like a poor excuse here :p.
You are right, it's becoming a little irritating that the CR fear the Letizia 's solo activities, when for instance, her husband is outside Spain as it's the case this week. So, the Princess of Asturias that she is could might to preside the prizegiving of Europan journalism than the Duke of Palm shall going to do the next week during the Felipe's travel to Costa-Rica.

I think that Letizia is giving a lot of proof of her capacities since her wedding mainly by giving more confidence at her husband. For that she his successful, but now it's not enough and it's difficult to understand why the CR don't entrust her something more relevant. Do you believe it's because the april's sounding ? I fear not !
Old 05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics nagore!:)
And happy Mother's Day to mummy Letizia!:)

Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Aristocracy

Question Letizia and Foreign Official Visits

Does anybody know if Letizia will again in the future go with Felipe to foreign official visits? or does she plan to always stay close to Leonor?

Will they take Leonor with them in the future?
Old 05-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
You are right, it's becoming a little irritating that the CR fear the Letizia 's solo activities, when for instance, her husband is outside Spain as it's the case this week. So, the Princess of Asturias that she is could might to preside the prizegiving of Europan journalism than the Duke of Palm shall going to do the next week during the Felipe's travel to Costa-Rica.

I think that Letizia is giving a lot of proof of her capacities since her wedding mainly by giving more confidence at her husband. For that she his successful, but now it's not enough and it's difficult to understand why the CR don't entrust her something more relevant. Do you believe it's because the april's sounding ? I fear not !
What is 'the april's sounding' ? Perhaps lots of royal duties were programed months in advanced. Zarzuela was not sure at that time if Letizia was going to Costa Rica or not, thus they had the Dukes of Palm preside over the European journalism awards. I just don't understand why Zarzuela turned down the request from the students in Merida when there is no activity for either Letizia or Felipe on May 13th. Maybe the staffs of the Prince will be tired after the Latin American trip, want to take the weekend off. I think the first step for Letizia to have solo activities is to have her own staffs, at least a secretary who can accompany her to the activities. All the other crown princesses of Europe had their lady-in-waiting and/or secretary and/or assistant upon the marriage, so far Letizia has none after two years of the wedding, it's pure discrimination from Zarzuela.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Nobility

I have a question: Is there some kind of monarchy etique or law that prohibit Letizia from doing solo events? I would love to see a capably, professionally trained beautiful lady like her, to be a patron for humanitarian organization and do official events w/o her husband. I think it will be a tremendous boost for the Spanish monarchy and make her more accessable to the public.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:48 AM
Courtier

I think CR is doing slow steps in handling Letizia's solo agenda. There can be many reasons for that. One of them (according to my own views) is that she needs time to adjust to her new life style. Learn protocol and many other things that can be useful to her in representing Spain. I know she is a capable woman, but they probably want to be sure that it is the right time when she starts doing her own things. She had few time to get adjusted to the royal life before her wedding, they didnt have a long relationship before they got married. So maybe they think that giving her some years of experience by accompanying the prince will be the best school for her. Well these are just few thoughts about the subject.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Whilst I would like to see Letizia at solo events, I can j=understand why the Spanish Royal Family would prfer her to attend events with her husband only.

The press attention would almost certainly detract from the event she was attending to what she was wearing. F&L attend quite serious events a times, and it would be so demeaning for the organisers and people attending if people's only interest were what Letizia's hair look like. By attending together, to a certain degree they counteract any silly press coverage that they could receive.

So far, I think she's done a great job of supporting her husband and remaining low-key.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
So far, I think she's done a great job of supporting her husband and remaining low-key.
I think it's quiet the hardiest job that we can imagine to do. You are a very intelligent and succeful anchorwoman and you are able to stay beside your husband without say nothing despite your personality, capacties and experiencies knowing that at each false mouvement the tabloid are killing you, and you stay always listening, smiling, concentrating with elegance. You have to be very and deeply in love to can to succeed in this way. I admire the Princess of Asturias for that, I'm quiet sur that, for me she want before all, avoid the Diana's syndrom, she sis too subtil for reaching this aim.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Letizia is very far away to get the Diana's syndrom. They both are very different persons, with different backgrounds, different countries, families, etc. Diana's life impacted so many people in so many different ways, she was so much loved but also had so much problems and difficulties. Any royal lady wouldn't like to follow her steps, or at least not all her steps as she lived a very difficult life. But not all of it was bad, there was so much good also in the things she did, in the organizations she helped and the patronages she was involved. Helping lots of children, ill people, old people, so maybe the royal world would like to see in her a good example of using her popularity to be helpful, something like what Angelina Jolie does actually.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I understand the " syndrome Diana " as another thing, and believe that to it Adelaide refers.

Diana did sombre the Prince Charles who was the Prince inheritor, she had great more popularity than he, and he was presented how a boring inheritor, who was not doing anything, hoping that his mother was dying. Ultimately, this Diana's popularity her was of benefit to her but it harmed very much to the English Wreath. Later with the divorce it produced many problems, and today in day many english people do not entrust or want Charles as King.

Many monarchies take advantage of the role of the beautiful princesses colitigants in order that the monarchy gains popularity ... but sometimes this popularity remains only in the princess colitigant and ends up by harming the prince inheritor ... and it turns into something dangerous for the institution because nobody knows that it can happen in the future.

For the public always there are more attractive the models of high seam, the jewels, the charities or the visits to sick children .... that the political and economic meetings.

I always have thought that the Royal Spanish House has designed its own strategy. Letizia catches many attention, for the good thing and for the bad thing, do what she does one speaks about her. They have directed this attention. Letizia accompanies her husband and the attention centres on the two, it allows that there should lend more attention to the work that the Prince realizes. They might have turned Letizia into an icon, but what they have done from the beginning is to avoid this way. The idea is to take advantage of the moment and that the people know them, equal how, how a team, and that the work of the Prince is known better. As soon as the time passes, and the initial expectation calms down, the situation will be seen otherwise and Letizia will pass to have her own activities.

Summarizing ... as soon as Letizia is recognized by the press and the public opinion how a good PRINCESS COLITIGANT, and she should be identified as such, she will pass to have own protagonism. Queen Sofia always has admired for being a woman who has could be in her site. She comes to charitable, cultural acts, etc ... but over these activities, she always has known that though the Kings are the two and both sustain the Wreath, she is the number 2 and Juan Carlos the number 1.

Closed Thread