The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Courtier

I don't know what the problem is, since the engagement, we have seen princess Letizia being thin, now, why people are asking that? It's ridiculous, try to figure out, it has been the same always, nothing has change on the princess Letizia body, even with her pregnancy.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Warning:

The discussion about the Princess' weight has been treated ad nauseam in previous threads.

Before the pregnancy, entire pages were filled with discussions about how thin the Princess was, rumours on a supposed anorexia, etc.

During her pregnancy, pages and pages were filled to discuss on how big and "dangerously fat" the Princess was.

Now, after giving birth, our resources won't be burnt again with the very same discussions on how thin/fat/normal Princess Letizia looks.

Those same discussions can be found in the previous current events threads, so read them instead.

And please use this thread to add new information, new photos and new discussions.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

All I can say is that I couldn't do what this young woman has done in the past 2 1/2 years: to marry a prince, give birth to a potential heiress to the throne be put under intense public scrutiny and still want to get up in the morning!!!!

I say I have to admire these women who marry into the current royal families because a lot is expected of them and I think that all have risen admirably to the challenge. (Mary, Letizia, Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde, Alexandra, Sophie)

Linda 85
Old 03-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia....mEjemplar=1211

The Athenian Jovellanos, who from the past day 5 presides over the World-wide Association of Athenians, prepares a series of acts for the next month of November in that the 24 Athenian integrated in the association will participate.

[...]

Another one of the acts already outlined for that intense month is the celebration of an international and inter-American congress of newspapers. The Athenian Jovellanos will invite to the city to representatives of main written mass media of all those countries that comprise of the World-wide Association of Atenos. Martinez also revealed their intention to invite princess Letizia to that, like journalist, she shows the position of president of honor of the congress.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Commoner

Does Princess Letizia attend functions on her own as other Crown Princesses do (ie Maxima and Mathilde), or does she always accompany her husband? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've just started reading about this couple and the Spanish royal family. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marakimou
Does Princess Letizia attend functions on her own as other Crown Princesses do (ie Maxima and Mathilde), or does she always accompany her husband? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've just started reading about this couple and the Spanish royal family. Thanks!
At present Letizia has no official agenda of her own. All functions that she attends she does with her husband.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

On the own agenda of Letizia, the question still be open, but for me it is not a priority because as they are working together they make a very good job to initiate their own couple's trademark as futur Kings. Is obviously less important than Letizia has is own aganda only to have one for unveiling flower' gargen or monuments than they built working together a good representation of the monarchy of the futur.

The fact that she is attempting with Felipe for quiet all his officiel activities is the best way to reinforce the public image of the Prince of Asturias ( She knows that, she was journalist) by the way her own one and I'm sure that it's a deliberate policy whom make to her any problems of intellectual sensitivity; she is too clever for that ....
Old 03-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I do some time I wrote something on Letizia that I would like to remember, and is the following thing:
"Letizia has all the conditions to be a great princess of Asturias". To be Princess of Asturias a very important position, like going to parades fashionable, inaugurating gardens... etc.
Letizia leaves as they are his responsibilities and the importance of his work, for that reason I believe that she is she the one that wishes to wait for some time to learn and accustomed to this job class, with the example of kings and of its husband Pri'ncipe Felipe.
The Day that Letizia has an own agenda, will play an exemplary role in Spanish Monarchy . We go to giving her a little time.
And I have always said that I believe that the Principes de Asturias are the unics Europien principes with an active paper but politically, attend but international political acts etc...
Old 03-16-2006, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
"Letizia has all the conditions to be a great princess of Asturias". To be Princess of Asturias a very important position, like going to parades fashionable, inaugurating gardens... etc.
Letizia leaves as they are his responsibilities and the importance of his work, for that reason I believe that she is she the one that wishes to wait for some time to learn and accustomed to this job class, with the example of kings and of its husband Pri'ncipe Felipe...
Its not like all the other Crown Princesses who have their agenda do is go to fashionshows and attend garden parties, then I think you need to investigate what they do a little better. Yes the "When will Letizia have her own agenda" is boring but the arguments that it is better for her to bring attention to the Prince than attendning fashion shows and baptising flowers is equally trite and rediculing of the work the other women, and its especially easy to do it since we do not know what events Letizia will get to do alone in the future, maybe she also ends up doing health institutions and visiting museums...

Letizia has soon been married for two year, she has done a tremendous amount of travels and events, its beyond me why she for instace cant preside one of theese many journalist awards they do alone, she used to be one for goodness sakes, what makes Felipe more qulified to give a speech at such an event than she I wonder.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I see no need for Princess Letizia to be hurried into taking on functions of her own. P. Felipe is the heir to the throne and Letizia's role in supporting him, being a mother and drawing lots of attention to their joint appearances are cementing their image as a couple. Felipe spent many years being alone and now they have the opportunity to present themselves as the King and Queen in waiting/training. They are doing a great job and nothing would be gained by having Letizia not accompanying Felipe. Letizia is not a celebrity - she is the spouse to the heir of the throne.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Its not like all the other Crown Princesses who have their agenda do is go to fashionshows and attend garden parties, then I think you need to investigate what they do a little better. Yes the "When will Letizia have her own agenda" is boring but the arguments that it is better for her to bring attention to the Prince than attendning fashion shows and baptising flowers is equally trite and rediculing of the work the other women, and its especially easy to do it since we do not know what events Letizia will get to do alone in the future, maybe she also ends up doing health institutions and visiting museums...

Letizia has soon been married for two year, she has done a tremendous amount of travels and events, its beyond me why she for instace cant preside one of theese many journalist awards they do alone, she used to be one for goodness sakes, what makes Felipe more qulified to give a speech at such an event than she I wonder.

Dear Larzen.
I believe that to go to Fashionshows she does not have anything of excellent, or to go to inaugurate a garden either.
The Spaniards need a Princess de Asturias who understands the real problems of the town (because that is to be Pincesa)y Letizia has all the conditions to do it very well.
I have not seen Princess Mary go to the taking of possession of any president, give a speech or make so many trips official as Letizia has done. Principe Felipe takes many official years doing, trips, speeches, etc, for that reason I believe that Felipe can contribute many knowledge to Letizia, and Letizia as its Journalist also can give many knowledge to Felipe
Old 03-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I see no need for Princess Letizia to be hurried into taking on functions of her own. P. Felipe is the heir to the throne and Letizia's role in supporting him, being a mother and drawing lots of attention to their joint appearances are cementing their image as a couple. Felipe spent many years being alone and now they have the opportunity to present themselves as the King and Queen in waiting/training. They are doing a great job and nothing would be gained by having Letizia not accompanying Felipe. Letizia is not a celebrity - she is the spouse to the heir of the throne.
I agree completely with you, I believe that, it is the moment of which they appear to the world like a real Couple the next kings of Spain. I do not say that Letizia does not have good conditions to have an own agenda, but is not the moment, and ademas does not have as much experience as Felipe
Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Dear Larzen.
I believe that to go to Fashionshows she does not have anything of excellent, or to go to inaugurate a garden either.
The Spaniards need a Princess de Asturias who understands the real problems of the town (because that is to be Pincesa)y Letizia has all the conditions to do it very well.
I have not seen Princess Mary go to the taking of possession of any president, give a speech or make so many trips official as Letizia has done. Principe Felipe takes many official years doing, trips, speeches, etc, for that reason I believe that Felipe can contribute many knowledge to Letizia, and Letizia as its Journalist also can give many knowledge to Felipe
I do not intend to make this a Mary/Letizia thread but all the other Princess give speeches and are involved with things that are not related to fashion and flowers:p Nowhere did I say Letizia should go to fashionshows or plant flowers but do the things she do now, only alone every now and then. She is a smart educated woman who where on TV reading the news, technically the best prepared for a public role, and I think it is a pitty she is now in this situation where she never speakes.

As for Flowers, sometime ago Maxima visited a flower show, that made totally sense to me knowing how much flowers they export from the Netherlands and it is an important part of their economy, shoes is important to Spain and Felipe and Letizia went to a shoe fair in Milan, I cant see how shoes are so much more "serious" and worthy of royal attention than Flowers (For the record I love both flowers and shoes very much ) the countries economy depend on different products, therfor will also the events the royals attend and the products the support vary.

As for Presidenatial inagurations, which presidents should they have gone to? The Presidents of Iceland and Finland has been the same for many year now, there is no reason why the scandinavian Prices(ess) should go to inagurations in South America, we have never had any ties there, just a I dont expect to see Felipe the day the Icelandic president changes...
Old 03-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The problem is that this discussion is going in circles.

All we could do is expect that they let Letizia work her full potential in some solo engagements.

It's known that she does a lot behind closed doors regarding some of the letters she receives asking for help.

The SRF is very conservative, but I think that Letizia has already shown her abilities and what she's capable of.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Athletics. - Princess de Asturias will be the president of honor of VI Maratón Villa of Madrid

Princess de Asturias will be the president of honor of I SAW Maratón Means Villa of Madrid that will dispute by the streets of the capital next the two of April from the 9.45. Doña Letizia Ortiz accepts this distinction by second consecutive year what points the president of AdMaratón, Carlos del Pozo, organizing sport grouping of the test that is an honor for the same one.

http://www.atb-e.com/leer_mas.asp?fh...ogo=portada&id=
Old 03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Paty and Ana_R I agree totaly with your analysis about the own agenda of Letizia. That's not the real problem and everyone who think normaly is able to understand that.

This question and that of her slimness seem to passionnate a lot of people even though it's without any interest. It's not a miscasting for Letizia to be at Felipe's side and she knows that very well.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with yuo adelaide.Great Last sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I do not intend to make this a Mary/Letizia thread but all the other Princess give speeches and are involved with things that are not related to fashion and flowers:p Nowhere did I say Letizia should go to fashionshows or plant flowers but do the things she do now, only alone every now and then. She is a smart educated woman who where on TV reading the news, technically the best prepared for a public role, and I think it is a pitty she is now in this situation where she never speakes.

As for Flowers, sometime ago Maxima visited a flower show, that made totally sense to me knowing how much flowers they export from the Netherlands and it is an important part of their economy, shoes is important to Spain and Felipe and Letizia went to a shoe fair in Milan, I cant see how shoes are so much more "serious" and worthy of royal attention than Flowers (For the record I love both flowers and shoes very much ) the countries economy depend on different products, therfor will also the events the royals attend and the products the support vary.

As for Presidenatial inagurations, which presidents should they have gone to? The Presidents of Iceland and Finland has been the same for many year now, there is no reason why the scandinavian Prices(ess) should go to inagurations in South America, we have never had any ties there, just a I dont expect to see Felipe the day the Icelandic president changes...
The Heir of the throne of Spain is the Principe Felipe.

To be journalist is not just like to be princess of Asturias, it can that Letizia this customary one to put it self in front of one camara, but does not have to write speeches, or to pronounce them in I publish.

To people which interests to him are the words of Felipe, so that she is the future the Head of the State of Spain.
Although it sounds a little bad, the paper of Letizia is to be next to the Principe, in a second plane, supporting to him, sharing every moment with.
I create and return to repeat that Letizia is a very cultured very intelligent woman and with a special sensitivity, but we cannot give a paper to her that does not correspond , so that he is not his to have, no matter how much we do not like.

To if that it is far better that instead of going to acts that do not have importance almost, the best thing is than they go both to all the official acts, so that people do not want to see single Felipe, or single to Letizia, if not to both. They are two People, but despues of the marriage has become one the Principes de Asturias.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

The way I see it, to start a discussion about what is important and what isn't in a Crown Prince or Princess agenda will lead us nowhere and will eventually cause some unnecessary distress in some members:( .

Crown Princess Letizia is learning. I don't believe she has to accompany her husband because she is less skilled, less intelligent or whatever. He is, combining their relationship and his enormous preparation, the best teacher she could have. He was prepared all his life for this, she jumped to the train two years ago.

I understand why some people mention flower or fashionshows - let's be honest. It is a lot easier to seat and smile in those events than to stand in a meeting as today's criticising ETA.

Not that the flower issue isn't important as refered by Larzen in The Netherlands' example, it is!!!! But it is not a issue present at Spanish Royal Family Agenda.

And the Prize giving that someone mentioned that could be done by the Princess alone. But if Prince Felipe is available why on earth they shouldn't both honour the person to receive the prize with their presence?! She was a journalist but probably the Prince had more contact with that person than she did. I can't believe that the Royal House thinks this way (nor the spanish or other): "OK, this is a fashion show... hum... hum... lets send Princess Mary... she is the one for this" "OK, this is a journalist award... hum... hum... lets send Princess Letizia... she is the one for this" "OK, Mundo Deportivo... hum...hum... lets send Don Iñaki... he is the one for this". I can not believe that things happens this way in such unconsiderating way towards his/hers/theirs intelligence and skills... no way!

Lets all give some space to diferent ways and traditions... as Larzen says I love shoes and flowers too... I love Letizia and Mary too and they are both such nice people with us why don't we give a break to comparissons... it is the most dishonest way to praise someone:( ... You're good because you're better than?! Their value isn't due to the other lessvalue. And if they haven't married at the same time we probably wouldn't be tempted in making comparissons... but that was not their guilty... it was theirs agenda's ahahahahah

Peace and Love!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 03-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am certain all the royal houses have the roles of the consorts figured out. The culture is very different between the various countries and in Spain the spouses are often accompanying Felipe and the Infantas. Cristina probably gets more attention when she is accompanied by her hunk of husband and Felipe definitively gets more attention with Letizia by his side.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

In relation to fanletizia's post, it is also posted on Hola's website:

http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgAc...&currentImg=17

here's the rough translation: (i did minor corrections)

Doña Letizia will again become the president of honor of the VI Media Maratón Villa de Madrid, that will be held in the streets of the capital on the 2nd of April. The Princess de Asturias will receive the dorsal number 00001 in the race between athletes and volunteers.

Closed Thread