The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this information right or wrong?

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/membe...zumalive116352

Old 05-16-2005, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2005/05...116108006.html

Behind a great Princess, there can be a great Prince

By Eduardo Inda

The million-euros-question is now, and will be for a long time: How is she? How is Letizia Ortiz, who Juan Balear qualifies as an affectionate flame, without any “hiden Leti"?

This house [Elmundo] described the wedding announcement with a title that said everything: "A jump in the emptiness". And as I don’t belong to that servant legion of slimy courtesan journalists, I believe that I am absolutely legitimized to emit a reasonably positive verdict.

«What a ready person!», I said to myself on Friday evening, when the directors of local mass media met the Princes in Marivent. The Madrilenian colleagues who worked with her had previously told me that she was very perspicacious, but I never thought she was as much. Letizia Ortiz is one of those people who mentally steal your pocket, who process much faster than they speak, and who act almost with more speed than they think.

To begin with, Letizia demonstrated that she hadn’t lost that intellectual restlessness and that perspicacity that made her an interrupted project of a communicator. I will not fall in the flattering paroxysm of Alfredo Urdaci, who described her as "one as those journalists who appear every 20 years". I will simply stand out that she is a colleague, whose limits we will never know. Where could reach this thirty-year-old-woman, who presented the television newscast with such an amazing briskness? Who knows?

This water must have something special to be blessed by the Prince. Yes, it certainly has. As much as at the welcome on Monday, the lunch in the Hotel Victoria, the meeting with the Press Directors, or the farewell ceremony in Sa Llotja, we could see that Letizia carries in her DNA a gene that can be condensed in eight letters: charisma. The woman who has before herself the father of all the challenges (to surpass the standard of Sofia of Greece), showed a closeness, a proximity and a real (more than just Royal) normality that invite us to have hope. And that in spite of the fact there are some politicians who have labelled her as a "not very nice" person (if not as "unpleasant"). But I founded a charming person, who perfectly matches with the title she holds.

It particularly impressed me the great level of information that the royal couple possesses on the reality of this region [Balears]. We have to say that they made the homework. This might be a normal circumstance in somebody like Don Felipe, who passed all his life in this, but that’s unusual in someone who’s a novice. We have to say that neither do they fly over the subjects, nor do they touch them superficially, nor do they limit their comments on the mere anecdote or triviality, which characterizes some members of royal families. As I well said one week ago, this Prince is conscious that he must look after things, that nothing will be given to him, that people will always ask him to give accounts of everything and that the military stroll that his father once enjoyed is not possible anymore.

From all this, I deduce that Letizia Ortiz can be a great surprise for all of us, who welcomed her half hallucinated, half distressed, in a way of "whether you take it, or you leave it", with which Felipe de Borbón confronted us, on the Day of All Saints 2003.

The sixth sense indicates me that we may be before that very person in charge of the modernization of a monarchy that is not the most progressive of Europe, but that needs to bring itself up to date in many aspects. And who’s best than somebody who, until a year ago, was a prototypic representative of that Spanish middle-class that lacks the arrogance of the higher-class and the complexes of the lower-class. Last Sunday, I metaphorically crossed my fingers, hoping that this love story will end up as well as the one of Carl Gustav with a plebeian German girl called Silvia Sommerlath, who Sweden received with all its tooth.

I also noticed that the Princess has achieved, in less than a year, the miracle of all the miracles: to change the habits of a Prince who was a monument to haughtiness, specially when talking with journalists from his 1.97m height. An hostility that was exponentially multiplied, when, between the pink press and the courtesans, all the candidates were all reproved one after another: Victoria Carvajal, Eva Sannum, Isabel Sartorius, Gigi Howard. The Princess of Asturias has (remarkably) fulfilled the immediate goal that she had put after herself, when she moved in La Zarzuela: to make more likeable and accessible a personage who was bred in a crystal bubble. Don Felipe will never have the chaste personality of his father and great-grandfather, because that is physical and metaphysical impossible, but he’s on the way to tie with them in cordiality.

Don Felipe will count on the collaboration of Letizia to surpass the two (impossible?) missions that he has after himself: to maintain Spain united and to maintain the monarchy. Almost nothing, if we consider that the generations of our parents were not particularly monarchic, but just "Juancarlistas". The spaniards of tomorrow are not “Juancarlistas” anymore, nor will they be “Felipistas”, simply because they are not monarchic. Their creed is on meritocracy. The longevity of the institution depends on its credit on proving its utility, as a vertebrate and cohesion element of a Spain that is going to explode any of these days. The knowledge that, as a good journalist, she has of the Spanish reality will be useful to someone who will reign in a much more complex and unstructured Spain.

Letizia Ortiz will have to get rid of that legend that augurs a bad final for her, because "she is too ready to be Queen". After seeing what I saw, I believe that she can leave us all open-mouthed. The time will give a sentence. But it has not surprised me anyway… and I’m very pleased for that.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

why letizia won't go the the usa? They said because of the pregnancy. She isn't going well with the pregnancy? Mary shows very well in her pregnancy. :)
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
why letizia won't go the the usa? They said because of the pregnancy. She isn't going well with the pregnancy? Mary shows very well in her pregnancy. :)
sooooooooooo?? Letizia is not mary, and mary is not letizia.For Every woman the pregnancy is different.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
rchainho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
sooooooooooo?? Letizia is not mary, and mary is not letizia.For Every woman the pregnancy is different.
I agree with lapopdiva. Every woman feels the pregnancy differently.

Letizia said herself that she's having a generous share of morning sickness and nausea. Some women are lucky enough to not feel a thing (I have a couple of friends that didn't)

So, please stop comparing Letizia to Mary. They are two different people and neither one of them needs this kind of thing.

Just open your mind and wish a happy and healthy pregnancy to both. I bet that's all they want.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince goes away to Washington Friday and returns to Spain in the madugada one from Saturday to Sunday. Altogether almost more hours in the airplane that in firm ground, and to that adds the hour change. Normal that a pregnant woman does not make that trip. And I agree each woman and each pregnancy is diferent.Y on the trips, Letizia fulfills its acts in Madrid, but the trip to other communities, like Teruel, needs a trip in helicopter, and the helicoptero and you feel nauseous them are not a good combination.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
[/i]

I agree with lapopdiva. Every woman feels the pregnancy differently.

Letizia said herself that she's having a generous share of morning sickness and nausea. Some women are lucky enough to not feel a thing (I have a couple of friends that didn't)

So, please stop comparing Letizia to Mary. They are two different people and neither one of them needs this kind of thing.

Just open your mind and wish a happy and healthy pregnancy to both. I bet that's all they want.
i also agree. moreover, mary has only done 2 or 3 acts since she officially announced she is pregnant and letizia has done all that trip in balears...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i also agree. moreover, mary has only done 2 or 3 acts since she officially announced she is pregnant and letizia has done all that trip in balears...
Actually Mary's done 5. When Mary was 3 months pregnant she carried out the entire visits to Australia, Japan, and the brief 2 day visit to Thailand, and Mary didn't have to cancel a single engagement. This also supports Meredith's opinion (and mine too) that different women react to pregnancy differently.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
All women aren't necessarly fine during the beginning of a pregnancy. I think it's normal to show differently in this very special moment. I find this remark quite stupid: women aren't robots, there isn't ONE way to react during a pregnancy. That's very hard for women not feeling well to hear things like "you know, Mrs X is going very well, not like you"...
Old 05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

No pregnancy is just as another one. And but Mette Marit watches that announced it in a moment because it was bad.

In addition, Mary is now of 4 months not of 5, and tendra the luck to have a very good pregnancy. She went to Australia where one week was of official visit and another one of rest with her family; and later she traveled to Japan. She returned to Denmark and she spent more than one week since the pregnancy announced until it appeared in public. Organizing therefore the trip would allow her to make trips shorter, in stages and private airplane. It had activities, but also more or less long periods of rest.
To travel in private airplane is not just like to travel in helicoptero 8 times in 5 days or to travel 24 hours in airplane in 2. It is not as much to travel as to organize the trips so that the pregnant woman has her periods of rest.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Gentry

Just to finish on the subject of who is the "better pregnant lady", I would like to add that the comment that started this whole discussion was really uncalled for.

These kind of comments can come only from someone who's never been pregnant or saw his wife pregnant. I sincerely wish that, when the time of this person comes (i.e. to become a parent) comments of this kind never reach his/her ears…

The pregnancy is a beautiful time and a blessing to each and every woman that receives it. To have a child with the man you love is the ultimate bond one can share, it's an unbreakable one.

Letizia, Mary, Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Marie-Chantal, Caroline, and billions of women around the planet were blessed with their pregnancies and every single one of them went and will go through it in her own way and that's what makes it even more special.

By the way, in spite of the fact any other pregnant woman gets 12 hours in a plane in such an early stage of pregnancy (even if certainly not to have such intensive working schedules as Letizia has), doctors actually dissuade pregnant women to expose themselves to such a harm.

I can only admire Letizia more and more for being so sensible and taking care of her baby even before its born. (fingers crossed for a little girl! )
Old 05-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

In addition, surely that to them is to whom it hurts to them more, because no matter how much runs the Prince is not going to arrive until the noon of Sunday, and with so many hours of trip he will do it tired... goes form to celebrate the wedding anniversary!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Although I'll miss the photos of Letizia, I am sure glad she is taking a rest if she needs it...the main thing is that she listen to the needs of her own body during pregnancy.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
First of all I think that's a stupid remark. I guess you're not a mother or don't have anyone close to you who was or is pregnant. Some women have smooth sailing pregnancies and there are those who have bothersome morning sickness. In addition, maybe Letizia's doctor advised her not to go. I don't understand, before people were spreading all these rumors why she wasn't pregnant yet and now that she is you hear stuff like this. Geez, give this woman a freaking break.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
First of all I think that's a stupid remark. I guess you're not a mother or don't have anyone close to you who was or is pregnant. Some women have smooth sailing pregnancies and there are those who have bothersome morning sickness. In addition, maybe Letizia's doctor advised her not to go. I don't understand, before people were spreading all these rumors why she wasn't pregnant yet and now that she is you hear stuff like this. Geez, give this woman a freaking break.
I wouldn't call this remark stupid, but it definately insensitive. As many of you have already pointed out, different women react to pregnancy differently, and I especially agree with Emily. I'm glad that Letizia is listening to her own body, prioritizing the health of her child and taking the rest she needs.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Commoner

Ladies, I am not even sure I should be comenting on this pregnancy issue. but with vast experience as mine, I have six children out of five pregnancies, I can assure you that something is definitely wrong with Letizia's pregnancy.

I like her, but I cannot hide the fact that the rummors about her tubes being tide are too strong to avoid. Given the case, i will coment on what I think. You ladies can kill me later!!

When the Princes announched her pregnancy they manetined they wanted to wait for the three month crucial period. Pregnancies are divided by trimesters or at least in the US they are. The first three months are the most horible for any woman that is preganant never mind a first timer. So since the princess already is three monhts pregnant, it means she already pased those three months of heavy nausea and morning sickness. She should be on her fourth month now, the begining of the second trimester which is ussualy the best part of any pregnancy.

Following thier schedule for the first three months of her pregnancy, not one day she stopped her engagements. Now that is public, she started to get sicker and can't make visits. I honestly ask my self what is wrong with this picture. Could it be what has been said underground about her sister? I don't know, and I am not one to judge. I just wish that everything goes well and that she is healthy, but I can't avoid to see too many abnormalities with her behavior and those of her suroundings.

Please give your thoughts.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Courtier

Every pregnancy is different and cannot be compared with one another. It's a common fact that the 1st trimester are the hardest and that it generally gets better after the 1st 3mths. But it's also a known fact that some women suffer "monrning sickness" throughout their 9mths of pregnancy or that the morning sickness starts either in the 2nd tri or the final tri. My worst was during my 1st tri but it wasn't the case for my aunt or mom...who both told me their worst was during their 2nd tri and it got worst unitl the birth!

I think it's very unfair to comment on the state of Letizia's pregnancy just because she's missing a few engagements. Whether there's really something not right or whether it's really just a case of morning sickness, we should just keep her in our prayers and wish her all the best!

Also, having worked in the medial field all my adult life....i can safely tell you that a dr will always advise a pregn woman from travelling unless it's absolutely necessary. And seeing that it's her 1st child and all, her dr may have just advise something along the same lines!

Let's not look too much into her missed engagements - although it's a pity that we won't get pics of her - but maybe she just want some time out!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

A pregnancy is not mathematical, are women who maintain you feel nauseous all the pregnancy. In addition, the announcement became when Letizia was of 11 weeks, therefore in the trip to Balearic it was in week 12, and until week 15 something normal is considered. If something had gone badly it had held since it did it in rate in baleres, only lacked to 5 acts of 30 in a trip that the own perodistas have recognized that fué exhausting.
As far as the acts, in the month of April the Princes had few acts, and nevertheless in May the agenda much more is tightened. In addition in Spain already it begins to be enough warm and I imagine that that also influences.

There is something I do not understand, and is what you say of some sister.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Let's not look too much into her missed engagements - although it's a pity that we won't get pics of her - but maybe she just want some time out!
Even missing some engagements, Letizia still performs duties a lot more often than any other of the pregnant princesses (this week, she performed 4 engagements...). She only slowed down her frenetic working schedules a little bit, which is perfectly understandable due to her state, but she's not taking some time out at all.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
Ladies, I am not even sure I should be comenting on this pregnancy issue. but with vast experience as mine, I have six children out of five pregnancies, I can assure you that something is definitely wrong with Letizia's pregnancy
So because she has missed a couple of engagements there must be something wrong with her
Quote:
I like her, but I cannot hide the fact that the rummors about her tubes being tide are too strong to avoid. Given the case, i will coment on what I think. You ladies can kill me later!!
I find this talk about her tubes beeing tied rather disrespectful as there are only ruomors and I have not seen anyone offer anything that even looks like the slightest evidence that she has done it. Letizia is an educated woma and most likely knows about other forms of birthcontrol if she did not want to have a baby in her first marriage, and now she is pregnant after only a year which does not indicate that she had any trouble getting pregnant
Quote:
When the Princes announched her pregnancy they manetined they wanted to wait for the three month crucial period. Pregnancies are divided by trimesters or at least in the US they are. The first three months are the most horible for any woman that is preganant never mind a first timer. So since the princess already is three monhts pregnant, it means she already pased those three months of heavy nausea and morning sickness. She should be on her fourth month now, the begining of the second trimester which is ussualy the best part of any pregnancy.
The body does not look at the calendar and say , ooops its been three months now I will not make the mornings bad for Letizia anylonger. Its different for every woman
Quote:
Following thier schedule for the first three months of her pregnancy, not one day she stopped her engagements. Now that is public, she started to get sicker and can't make visits. I honestly ask my self what is wrong with this picture. Could it be what has been said underground about her sister? I don't know, and I am not one to judge. I just wish that everything goes well and that she is healthy, but I can't avoid to see too many abnormalities with her behavior and those of her suroundings.
Letizia and Felipe had a for them lighter scheduel in Letizias first trimester, now they are back to their usual very busy scheduel, not to talk about the trip to Baleares with several helicopterrides and work all day long. That Letizia has to cancel an engagement now and then not to talk about a one day trip to America is hardly a suprise. It cant be compare to the Princesses who is schedueled for one or maybe two engagements a week and then can do everything with out cancelling.