Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genevieve said:
Why would the royal house deny that Letizia having bulemia too? All the crazy stories and speculation have been only about Letizia being anorexic. Nothing indicates - even the gossip doesn't speculate - that she is bulemic.

Anorexia and bulemia do not always go hand in hand. Diana was both bulemic and anorexic but Victoria was only anorexic.

It's my humble opinion that denying both in one go, would stop any rumours of bulimia surfacing later. They should have said that Letizia doesn't suffer from any eating disorder. Better to clarify all angles once and for all.

People could read into comments such as "Letizia eats like a horse" and think of such innocent comments adversely. Newspapers could publish new rumours about her having bulimia in a few months, without having to refer to the statement that the royal house just made, because it only addressed the anorexia rumour. Sad, but true. That's how it goes in the world of journo-rumour-ism...

Balqis said:
It's my humble opinion that denying both in one go, would stop any rumours of bulimia surfacing later. They should have said that Letizia doesn't suffer from any eating disorder. Better to clarify all angles once and for all.

Yes they could've said that Letizia doesn't suffer from any eating disorder as a blanketed statement and nipped any and all possibilities in the bud.

But to include in their statement any mention of bulemia is like putting the cart before the horse. As I said already, nothing in the press has ever noted Letizia as possibly being bulemic. For the royal house to bring that up might lead some journalists to speculate that she does have bulemia because why bring it up if no one else has ever brought it up.

Genevieve said:
Yes they could've said that Letizia doesn't suffer from any eating disorder as a blanketed statement and nipped any and all possibilities in the bud.

But to include in their statement any mention of bulemia is like putting the cart before the horse. As I said already, nothing in the press has ever noted Letizia as possibly being bulemic. For the royal house to bring that up might lead some journalists to speculate that she does have bulemia because why bring it up if no one else has ever brought it up.

True, I agree with you. I guess it's a no-win situation.

I agree Genevieve! Well said!

Genevieve said:
I think it's really sad that the Spanish royal house had to release such a statement. It's ridiculous. I think the Spanish royal house would've been better off not to address all the crazy stories and speculation of Letizia being anorexic. It only means that the media will look to the royal house in the future to address future rumours and speculations.

Letizia and the anorexy: The Zarzuela left to the step because the profiles worry about this disease, that in addition does not exist.

The initiative of the Zarzuela to send a letter to the newspaper the World to deny that Letizia Ortiz suffers anorexy, a practice that usually is not habitual, has to do, in addition to with the nonveracity of that information, with the preoccupation by some of the specific characteristics of this disease.

According to collected by the Confidential Digitalis, the restlessness is related whereupon the anorexy is of by himself a serious disease, and whereupon it is considered that it can take with herself the impossibility to have descendants. To which it is also added that it could score that, in case of coming children, these would leave from a gene with psychic alterations.

These considerations of bottom, related to the importance of those badly characteristics, advised to go to the step to precise that Princess de Asturias does not undergo anorexy. It is more, in circles next to the Zarzuela precise that she does not suffer any disease.

From the services of press of the Real House it was contacted with the tie journalists to the diffusion of those news, and with EL MUNDO, to explain that one was not to go against anybody, but to leave the things solely clear, in collected of a foreign magazine, resisted and that it had not fulfilled the requirement to ask for that reason in the Zarzuela.

Also there were contacts with some television network, that had become echo of those rumors in programs of the "heart", although in this case the importance considers minor who when it is about informative spaces and the news spread like such, still more in a national newspaper.

http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Artic...IdArticulo=2432
63917ld.th.jpg

Last edited:
defalco said:
I just don't understand all the fuss! Ladies, haven't you gone up and down in your own personal weights throughout your life? I think that we need to give Letizia some space and be supportive of her always! ;)

I wear the same size she does, and I'm not anorexic. Although maybe I'm shorter, cause my tummy sure isn't that flat!

I think she's stressed, working hard and naturally thin. She doesn't seem to have that stretched, corpse-like look that the faces of anorexics have...or the brittle looking hair and skin. I don't think she is fighting it.

Her metabolism will change once she's had a baby and maybe they'll all lay off of her. :D

I think that Princess Letizia is so skinny.She should get more weights it will be more nicer in her wearing clothes.

The truth is sad.

Finally, It was time someone writes the truth. Letizia is a fashion model and does suffer from the anorexia . She chose and this is the worst.

nilah said:
Finally, It was time someone writes the truth. Letizia is a fashion model and does suffer from the anorexia . She chose and this is the worst.
The articles are saying that she doesn't suffer from anorexia.

nilah said:

Nilah,

The Spanish royal court has issued a statement saying that Letizia is not anorexic, see this post (and others in the same page) about this subject: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=181506&postcount=115

Your post can be qualified as offensive and slanderous towards the princess, and, as such, goes head on against our Posting Rules and Guidelines http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

Please, let's keep the discussion civil and offer to the Princess of Asturias and to the whole Spanish Royal Family, the respect they deserve.

Anna_R
The Royal Forums Super Moderator

i'm sorry if i contradict you anna, but... does anyone think that if letizia was anorexic they would say so?
i also want to remind that the royal family also said cristina wasn't pregnant and then she was...

I think if she was ill then the SRF would cut back her schedule in order to take some of the pressure off of her. They seem like a very loving caring family so if she was sick I think they would focus on her getting well.

carlota said:
i'm sorry if i contradict you anna, but... does anyone think that if letizia was anorexic they would say so?
i also want to remind that the royal family also said cristina wasn't pregnant and then she was...

Being anorexic and being pregnant are two completely different matters. To deny Cristina's pregnancy initially was a safety precaution to get her at least through the first trimester when the situation requires the most caution as that is when miscarriages occur. (I don't think the royal court wanted a repeat of when they announce Elena's third pregnancy then a few days later she suffered a miscarriage.)

If Letizia really were anorexic, the royal house, particulary Felipe would not let her go about her duties and wear herself down even more. They would want her to get the help she needs. They wouldn't deny it and let her health get progressively worse.

I think we need to respect Anna's comments and the statement issued by the royal house and not speculate any further ourselves, especially when we don't know anything of Letizia's health directly. We took the royal house's word that Cristina was pregnant so why not take their word on this, too?

By the way I know something which I have already wanted to post earlier .

Last September when Felipe and Letizia visited to Hungary ,one of the Hungarian TV channel made a report about their welcome. The reporters talked with the well-known chef who made the meals for them and he said that chief of protocol asked him for another food for Princess of Asturias before a few days their arrival .And do you know why? Because Lety was not able to eat that. Believe it or not that is the truth and not just a rumour. Everybody saw this report in Hungary last September. Letizia insulted the famous Hungarian chef. This really happend . Isn't it and the pictures enough proof?

Last edited by a moderator:
nilah said:
By the way I know something which I have already wanted to post earlier .

Last September when Felipe and Letizia visited to Hungary ,one of the Hungarian TV channel made a report about their welcome. The reporters talked with the well-known chef who made the meals for them and he said that chief of protocol asked him for another food for Princess of Asturias before a few days their arrival .And do you know why? Because Lety was not able to eat that. Believe it or not that is the truth and not just a rumour. Everybody saw this report in Hungary last September. Letizia insulted the famous Hungarian chef. This really happend . Isn't it and the pictures enough proof?

Nilah,

The like Anna R. and Alexandria stated, the royal court issued a statement that indicated that Letizia is NOT anorexic. This is a serious medical issue and I don't think it is something they would lie about. As Alexandria stated, the Royal House would most certainly limit the number of engagements she performs so that she is able to focus on getting better.

Oh about that Hungarian chef, according to what you said, "the chief of protocal asked him for another food for Princess of Asturias" ....how does this show she is anorexic? maybe there was something to she was allergic to and couldn't eat it, thus had to substitute it for something else. He is not saying she didn't eat anything, just that he had to substitute the food

my point is that it has been OFFICIALLY stated that she is NOT anorexic
I have a friend who is about the same size of Letizia, if not smaller, and she is not anorexic....and she eats A LOT....she has a fast metabolism. Its really not fair to continue calling her an anorexic when it has been stated that she isn't. In sensitive cases as such, we need to respect the Royal House(and Letizia) and take their word for it

Take Care :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I don't think Letizia is anorexic. But I don't think the reason given, that if she was the royal family would reduce her duties and so on, are good reasons for why she isn't anorexic. There're a lot of misconceptions about this illness. Firstly, if she was anorexic, her family may not even know it. Anoretics are notoriously good at hiding their illness from even those who're closest to them. I should know, I've suffered from it myself. And its not true either that anoretics have no energy, and can't work like normal people. As a matter of fact, most often, its the opposite, you have a strange ability to keep working, sometimes even more than normal people, despite surviving on very few calories. Also, just because the royal family denies it, it does not mean she doesn't have it either. Think of all the celebrities who've denied having eating disorders only to admit it later: Posh Spice, Jane Fonda.....Granted, royals are different from celebrities, but still, eating disorders are not particularly pleasant things to announce to the world.

But as I've said, I do NOT think Letizia has it. She's thin, but does not have a certain "sick" look that anoretics often have, though it can be hard to tell when you've make-up artists to help you get a healthy glow. But she just really doesn't strike me as being sick, she just looks like a naturally slender person to me.

De todo corazón
Marta Cibelina

La delgadez de Letizia
La portada del último número de la revista Oggi, relativa a la supuesta anorexia que, según el citado medio, podría padecer la Princesa de Asturias, ha causado honda conmoción en los foros relacionados con la monarquía en toda Europa. Doña Letizia siempre ha sido una mujer delgada. Puede que el problema sea otro. Extraña que los asesores de Zarzuela le hayan permitido lucir vestidos tan reveladores en alguna de sus últimas apariciones públicas.

También resulta extraña la enorme importancia que se ha dado al tema en algún que otro programa de televisión, cuando este tipo de asuntos, normalmente por acuerdo tácito, no se tratan. La Infanta Elena también exhibió una delgadez preocupante durante una temporada y nadie puso el dedo en ninguna llaga. Las revistas del corazón no eligieron precisamente las fotos en las cuales se la veía más desmejorada. Quienes conocieron a la Princesa cuando trabajaba en TVE nunca la vieron pedir comida de régimen en el comedor. Lo cierto es que es vox populi que en La Zarzuela todos están a dieta. Si la Princesa de Asturias necesita engordar, menos lechuguitas y judías verdes a 10 euros y más donuts, cocido, litros de nata y tabletas de chocolate. Por cierto, ¿qué menú le ofreció Joaquín Sabina en la cena con la que obsequió a los Príncipes en su domicilio madrileño hace unos días? ¿La alimentó con los ya famosos ripios a Letizia? Según La Vanguardia también asistieron Víctor Manuel y Ana Belén, así como Serrat. Toda una cena republicana de ringo rango.

carlota said:
De todo corazón
Marta Cibelina

La delgadez de Letizia
La portada del último número de la revista Oggi, relativa a la supuesta anorexia que, según el citado medio, podría padecer la Princesa de Asturias, ha causado honda conmoción en los foros relacionados con la monarquía en toda Europa. Doña Letizia siempre ha sido una mujer delgada. Puede que el problema sea otro. Extraña que los asesores de Zarzuela le hayan permitido lucir vestidos tan reveladores en alguna de sus últimas apariciones públicas.

También resulta extraña la enorme importancia que se ha dado al tema en algún que otro programa de televisión, cuando este tipo de asuntos, normalmente por acuerdo tácito, no se tratan. La Infanta Elena también exhibió una delgadez preocupante durante una temporada y nadie puso el dedo en ninguna llaga. Las revistas del corazón no eligieron precisamente las fotos en las cuales se la veía más desmejorada. Quienes conocieron a la Princesa cuando trabajaba en TVE nunca la vieron pedir comida de régimen en el comedor. Lo cierto es que es vox populi que en La Zarzuela todos están a dieta. Si la Princesa de Asturias necesita engordar, menos lechuguitas y judías verdes a 10 euros y más donuts, cocido, litros de nata y tabletas de chocolate. Por cierto, ¿qué menú le ofreció Joaquín Sabina en la cena con la que obsequió a los Príncipes en su domicilio madrileño hace unos días? ¿La alimentó con los ya famosos ripios a Letizia? Según La Vanguardia también asistieron Víctor Manuel y Ana Belén, así como Serrat. Toda una cena republicana de ringo rango.

Could someone please provide a translation or summary of this article?

Alexandria said:
Could someone please provide a translation or summary of this article?

Letizia's thinness

The articles goes basicaly on and on about Letizia's thinness again.

It basically says that the cover of last issue of the Oggi magazine, that says that Letizia might be suffering from anorexia caused a wave of commotion all around the forums about the European monarchy. It says that Letizia has always been a slender woman and that the problem might be other. They think that it's strange that the Zarzuela advisors have allowed the princess to wear dresses that revealed so much skin in some of her latest public appearances.

They also find it strange the enormous importance given to the subject in a TV show when this kind of subject, by an implicit agreement is not shown. They say that Elena has also shown some worrisome slenderness during some time and everything was absolutely normal with the Infanta. The gossip magazines didn't point the exact pictures they were referring to.
The article also refers to old colleagues of Letizia that are said to never seen the princess ask for a "diet kind of food" in the refectory. They also say that it's well-known that everyone at La Zarzuela is going through a diet. And, if the princess needs to put on some weight, they say she shouls change her eating habits (they mention some foods that I don't know how to translate besides chocolate bars, doughnuts.)

They also speculate about the kind of meal served by Joaquín Sabina on a dinner at the Princes residence in Madrid a few days ago. They say that, according to La Vanguardia, they had the company of Víctor Manuel, Ana Belén and Serrat.

Is it possible for the press to see the wonderful things about Letizia (commitment to her duty as Princess of Asturias, her caring nature and excellent work ethic) instead of constantly creating rather wicked and cruel rumors about her state of health and the tired, boring and completely absurd complaint regarding her lack of extravagant wardrobe, etc.? Most people would praise a woman for working as hard as she does, not spending wads of cash on clothes and being the perfect consort for a future king... *sigh*

Letizia in November 2003 and in 2004 . Her face has changed a lot.

Attachments

• letty14.jpg
    letty14.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 271
  • letizia2a.jpg
    letizia2a.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 440
another picture

Attachments

• Letizia Sept272004.JPG
    Letizia Sept272004.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,770
Last edited:
nilah said:
Letizia in November 2003 and in 2004 . Her face has changed a lot.

She lost so much weight because she has been soooo active since her wedding..Besides, Letizia is initially a thin person like her sisters.

Last edited:
Genevieve said:
I think the comparison is unfair. Hola has found the most mundane of details in comparing Letizia and Rania's styles: a white suit, sunglasses, a white scarf ... I wore a white suit to work the other day, does that mean I copied Rania's style?

I think Hola has done a great disservice to the Princess of Asturias in comparing her to Rania. Letizia has much more substance and is recognized for much more than what she wears. Letizia brings much more to her role than her Prada purse or her Valentino ball gown. She brings intelligence, vast cultural, literary and social knowledge, professional experience, and a keen interest and insight to her role that isn't as evident in Rania.

The difference too, is that many of Letizia's clothes which she "copied" from Rania are more likely Spanish designs while hardly a piece of Rania's clothing could be claimed as being a Jordainian designer's.

I realize I'm a little late on this discussing this, but I think Hola did a great disservice to both of Letizia and Rania. No one likes to be compared, and it is bad enough that in our society alot of this happens. I think both of the women have a great deal to offer to their respective countries, and take their jobs, if you want to call them that, very seriously. By the way, there aren't any Jordanian designers.:cool:

A fanart I made for the Princess.

If you want a fanart or avatar made just for you, please PM me to ge further details.

Anna

Attachments

• letizia.jpg
    letizia.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 428
Lovely, Anna... as always!

Her bones and ribs

Her bones and ribs are visible very well.

Attachments

• sem título9.JPG
    sem título9.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 862
nilah said:
Her bones and ribs are visible very well.

Nilah, could you please provide the source of this picture? Where and when was it taken?

Anna_R said:
Nilah, could you please provide the source of this picture? Where and when was it taken?
That picture was taken before she even became felipe's fiance.
A neighbor was spying on her, an he took her photo without her permission.And when letizia became felipe's fiance he sold the picture.That's not a good neighbor.She was sonbathe private in the balcon of her apartment.She didn't even now he was spying on her.Until she saw the picture in the magazines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom