Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has the complete report on hola magazine with her similar (equal) clothes like rania of jordan?

I gona have friday ( tomaurowr) i try.

Article from Hola

English Translation in Italics

29 ENERO 2005
La Casa Real española ha publicado el primer retrato oficial de la Princesa de Asturias. A pesar de haber varias fotografías de doña Letizia, junto a don Felipe, en diversos viajes oficiales, y en compañía de otros miembros de la Familia Real, ésta es la primera vez en la que cuenta con una imagen exclusiva, realizada por el estudio de fotografía Dalda.

The Royal House of Spain has published the first official photograph of the Princess of Asturias. Eventhough there are numerous pictures of Letizia with Felipe during official trips or in the company of other members of the Royal Family, this is the first time that she has an exclusive picture, taken by the studio of Dalda Photography

En la imagen se puede ver a doña Letizia, sentada con las manos cruzadas sobre el regazo y luciendo para el momento un sobrio y elegante traje de corte clásico. Una falda y una chaqueta de manga abierta a la altura del puño y con botones forrados. Todo en tonos claros. Como único complemento, la Princesa escogió unos preciosos pendientes con forma de flor de cinco pétalos que estrenaba para la ocasión.

In the picture you can see Letizia with her hands clasped on her lap wearing a somber and elegant suit of classic cut. A skirt and blazer of open sleeve at the cuff with covered buttons. All in light shades. As the only accessory the Princess chose were beautiful earrings in the shape of a flower with five petals, which she wore for the first time.
Coincidencia en la elección del blanco
Como nota curiosa cabe destacar la coincidencia en los colores. Diferentes tonalidades de blancos, que han caracterizado a la Princesa de Asturias, tanto en los trajes que llevó el día 1 de noviembre, con motivo del anuncio del compromiso y, cinco días después, durante la petición de mano, así como en esta su primera foto oficial.

Curiously noting the coincidence of the colors. Different shades of white that are characteristic of the Princess of Asturias, are the suit she wore on November 1 when the engagement was announced, 5 days later in the official 'asking of her hand in marriage' and now her first official photo.

Al contrario de otras Casas Reales como las de Dinamarca, Noruega, Holanda o Bélgica, que dispusieron de imágenes oficiales de las nuevas princesas al poco de anunciarse el compromiso oficial o de la celebración de sus matrimonios, doña Letizia ha preferido esperar algo más de un año desde el anuncio de su compromiso, para hacer pública esta imagen.

Unlike the othere ROyal Houses such as Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands or Belgium, who released official images of the new princesses shortly after announcing their engagements or of the marriage ceremonies. Letizia has prefered to wait over a year since the engagement announcement to make public this image.

Attachments

• psabg01g.jpg
    psabg01g.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Thank you, Ennyllorac! :)

rchainho said:
Anyone has the complete report on hola magazine with her similar (equal) clothes like rania of jordan?
Here’s an article from the newspaper ABC, about that Hola report:

Rania de Jordania y Doña Letizia: ¿las comparaciones siempre son odiosas?

BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR/ABC

Buceando por sus archivos y encontrando las similitudes los de «Hola» publican esta semana un reportaje con las semejanzas a la hora del vestir de la Reina Rania y la Princesa de Asturias. De edad parecida y figura muy similar -entre la talla 34 y la 36- las dos coinciden en sus actos oficiales con un estilo que no deja de ser el que impone la moda que se lleva y que firman algunos de los mejores diseñadores.

Siempre se ha dicho que las comparaciones son odiosas y algo de eso hay en este reportaje. Puestos a comparar no sé hasta qué punto le gustará a Doña Letizia que la asemejen con Rania de Jordania quien, aparte de monísima, es una «fashion victim» de las que no quedan. Rania usa y abusa de los valentinos, pradas, givenchys y guccis hasta en situaciones tan corrientes como pasear con sus hijos, hacer «footing» por algún puerto donde atraque su yate o ir a una reunión de una ONG con la alta costura como bandera.

En sus similitudes está que ninguna de las dos pensó en que un día se iba a convertir en Princesa, y que ambas eran mujeres con estudios que ejercían sus profesiones antes de enamorarse y casarse con un Príncipe. En cuanto a sus diferencias... Muchas y de distinta índole. Para empezar Rania es madre de cuatro hijos -el último lo acaba de presentar-y es mucho más lanzada al lujo y al glamour que Doña Letizia. La Princesa busca más encontrarse con el estilo y la elegancia de la Reina Doña Sofía, y en esa búsqueda muchas han sido las veces que se ha pasado de sobria con el único fin de estar correcta pero no llamar la atención por su atuendo.

Desde que apareció por primera vez ante los medios el día de su pedida de mano con un conjunto blanco firmado por el italiano Giorgio Armani -que levantó algunas protestas de diseñadores españoles-, lo cierto es que la Princesa de Asturias se ha convertido en una defensora de la moda de España en claro contraste con Rania, quien siempre apuesta por los franceses o italianos a la hora de elegir su vestuario.

TRANSLATION:

Rania of Jordan and Doña Letizia: comparisons are always hideous?

BEATRIZ CORTÁZAR/ABC

Diving into the archives to find resemblances, "Hola" published this week an article about the clothes' similarities between Queen Rania and the Princess of Asturias. Of similar age and very similar figure - between sizes 34 and 36 - both attend their respective official acts dressed in clothes signed by some of the best designers and a style that can not avoid imposing fashion trends.
It’s always been said that comparisons are hideous and something of that suits this article. Once they applied themselves to draw comparisons, I doubt Doña Letizia would approve to see this comparison with Rania of Jordan, who despite being a gorgeous woman, is a fashion victim, as there are few. Rania uses and abuses of the valentinos, pradas, givenchys and guccis,even in such current situations as strolling with her children, footing by the port where her yacht is anchored, or going to a meeting of a ONG (welfare organization), hanging on the high couture flag.
In what the similarities between them are concerned, none of them could ever imagine themselves turned into a Princess, both were women with studies and careers, before falling in love and marrying with a Prince. As far as the differences... they are many and of different nature. To start with, Rania is mother of four children and is much more given to the luxury and glamour than Letizia. The Princess looks for following the style and elegance of Queen Sofía, and on that search, there were many times when she looked sober, with the only aim of being correct, but not calling attention by the clothes she then wore.
Since her first public appearance, the day of the engagement, when she appeared with a white suit signed by the Italian Couturier Giorgio Armani – fact that raised some protests from the Spanish designers - the fact is that the Princess of Asturias has turned into a supporter of the Spanish fashion, in clear contrast with Rania, who always bets on the Italian or French designers.

Sheesh

If seems tacky to compare any of the princesses, but to attack Rania while elevating Letizia, is not necessary, nor in good taste. Letizia and Rania will probably be together for many functions and Letizia, being the perceived people person, would probably not like this type of article either.

Anyway, this thread is about Letizia and so I would ask you to make comments only about the Princess of Asturias...
I posted this article from ABC, as it commented the Hola report Rchainho was asking for.
Thanks for your kindness! ;)

Hola's magazine talks about how similar are Letizia's and Rania's styles...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 529
Once more...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 475
I prefer Rania...

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 579
I prefer Letizia...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 941
Very Similar...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 585
Super similar :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,145
Thanks for your posts, Regina!
That Hola article has inspired extreme reactions to what we can see in these photos: people whether vehemently condemn Hola for manipulating information (since they only select some photos where there are similarities, but they deliberately put aside those many ones, where Rania's and Letizia's styles are quite the opposite; still, they are collecting Rania's photos from two or three years, but they're not applying the same criteria to Letizia, since we're seeing her around just for a year and a half...), whether they accuse Letizia of trying to be a clone of Rania...
I don't think that kind of side-by-side comparisons are fair towards any of them, because they are all women who invariably wear the last trends and we all know that fashion trends is much about similar cuts/pieces in a certain season. :cool:

whem do you think we will se her doing royal duty by her self
how often does Sofia have royal duty without her husband?

Josefine said:
whem do you think we will se her doing royal duty by her self
how often does Sofia have royal duty without her husband?
King Juan Carlos is the responsible for drawing their agendas and I think he's trying to canalize the media's attention to Felipe's engagements, since he gets the double media coverage, when he's accompanied by Letizia, than when he's alone... I would say that is very intelligent from him, since it's quite crucial that Spaniards know the future king's work and commitment to the Nation in a daily basis...
Also, although the Spanish Royal House was not established at the time Sofia and Juan Carlos got married (1962), and the wholly official activities just began in 1969, when Franco officially designated Juan Carlos as the Head of the State, they already had a quasi-official role as Prince and Princess of Spain after the wedding. I understand that Sofia had about a year, before she had her own agenda. The Spanish Royal House is applying with Letizia the same pattern they followed, when Sofia married Juan Carlos.

Furthermore, I think that Queen Sofia accompanies KJC more often than other European Queens, namely Queen Sylvia, but of course not as often as Letizia.

Last edited:
I think both are beautifull,but princess letizia looks much more natural,fresh and mellower while queen rania looks much more fashionbale

Letizia´s slimless

here are some photos for the ones who were talking about letizia´s slimless... i founded them quite shoking and surprising...

two photos of candanchu: the first one is the previous year and the others are from this weekend

felipeletizia06.jpg

attachment.php

img180191s.jpg

two first planes of letizia: one when she was journalist, taken approximately some months before she was engaged to felipe, and a first plane of last week receiving fox family.

2689596.jpg

visitar.php

i think the change is notorious... don't you?

carlota said:
two first planes of letizia: one when she was journalist, taken approximately some months before she was engaged to felipe, and a first plane of last week receiving fox family.
i think the change is notorious... don't you?

I can understand why she would lose some weight, I mean it is probably very stressfull to get engaged and then get married to a prince. You experience all kinds of new things that you've never had to deal with before. Everybody is looking at you, you have to learn how to live all over again. Because there is no way you can live your live the same way you did before. Getting used to a new family is always a bit difficult, maybe in this case even more. I don't remember if the husbands of Elena and Cristina were under a lot of stress when they became part of the Royal family. And Felipe is a crown prince, that alone gives you even more stress cause someday your going to be queen. What i mean to say is this is not a normal situation, even if the family itself is very normal. Other people in the world (like you and me) lose weight too when we are under a lot of stress. These are just my thoughts! Nothing more nothing less.;)

Last edited:
Regina said:
Hola's magazine talks about how similar are Letizia's and Rania's styles...

I think the comparison is unfair. Hola has found the most mundane of details in comparing Letizia and Rania's styles: a white suit, sunglasses, a white scarf ... I wore a white suit to work the other day, does that mean I copied Rania's style?

I think Hola has done a great disservice to the Princess of Asturias in comparing her to Rania. Letizia has much more substance and is recognized for much more than what she wears. Letizia brings much more to her role than her Prada purse or her Valentino ball gown. She brings intelligence, vast cultural, literary and social knowledge, professional experience, and a keen interest and insight to her role that isn't as evident in Rania.

The difference too, is that many of Letizia's clothes which she "copied" from Rania are more likely Spanish designs while hardly a piece of Rania's clothing could be claimed as being a Jordainian designer's.

The House of the King denies that princess Letizia undergoes anorexy

LETTER TO THE DIRECTOR OF THE newspaper el mundo.

The House of the King denies that princess Letizia undergoes anorexy
Through a letter to the director of the newspaper El mundo, the House of the King has denied that Princess de Asturias undergoes anorexy. This Sunday in the EL MUNDO and the column of opinion of Carmen Rigalt of Tuesday considered in a published news article. The House of the King says east Wednesday that "the authors of mentioned articles are based on news articles of foreign press that at no moment resisted their affirmations with this House".

Digital freedom) The past Sunday, the newspaper the World in its Chronic section was asked if Doña Letizia Ortiz underwent the bad call "of the princess". EL MUNDO made reference to different articles from the French and English press on this question.

However, the journalist who signed the news, Carmen Duerto, indicated that the "extreme thinness" of Princess de Asturias could be due to "the courses to learn to walk like a true princess". That yes, remembered, "its figure is two centimeters smaller to the one of a model".

Tuesday, Carmen Rigalt in her column suggested Doña Letizia could undergo anorexy. she did with these words: "I will abstain to affirm since the Princess is anoréxica, but has anoréxica forms, and that is objectiveable". In addition, Rigalt got to affirm that "Princess de Asturias deserves another luster. If she suffers, bad, but if she does not suffer and she is thus in vain, worse ".

This Wednesday, Juan González-Cebrián Tello, head of Relations with Means of the House of His Majesty the King, he has sent a letter to the director of EL MUNDO in which he denies the information published by this newspaper. "In relation to articles published the past Sunday and Tuesday in the newspaper which you direct, in whom it is speculated on with the possibility that Her Height Real Princess de Asturias undergoes anorexy, I inform to you it is absolutely false that Doña Letizia suffers this disease", affirms González-Cebrián in its letter.

In addition, the spokesman of the House of the King remembers that "the authors of mentioned articles are based on news articles of foreign press that at no moment resisted their affirmations with this House". "he would thank for the publication to Him of this letter so that the readers of their newspaper have truthful information and to respond to the doubts thus that those articles can seed between the citizens", he concludes the letter.

http://www.libertaddigital.com/noticias/noticia_1276245550.html

From El Mundo:http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/03/02/espana/1109760604.html

The man responsible for the Royal House’s Relations with the Media has categorically denied that the Princess of Asturias suffers of anorexia, in a letter sent to the director of El Mundo. "It is absolutely false that Doña Letizia suffers of this disease", says Juan González-Cebrián Tello, in an official note.

The denial makes reference to a couple of articles published by the supplement Crónica and Carmen Rigalt, in which is mentioned the "extreme thinness" of the young princess, who has "two centimetres less than a model".

Although the Royal House is not used to confirm nor deny rumours, the official note that denies the anorexia of the Princess is not signed by the Head of the House, but by the Head of Press, González-Cebrián, that has sent the letter to the director "so that the readers of El Mundo may have the truthful information, responding to the doubts that those articles may have planted among the citizens".

Last Sunday, the supplement Crónica published a news article on the thinness of the Pricess, in which Carmen Duerto asked if Letizia Ortiz suffers "of the Princess sickness", an euphemism with which she denominates anorexia. The news article shows a photo of the Princess, taken last January, that has displayed the alarms – says CRONICA - to the French and English press, who stand out that Letizia has "noticeable face characteristics, filiform arms and thin silhouette".

The French magazine Paris Match, for example, published a news article in which they also asked if Letizia suffered "of the princess sickness". "The authors of those articles based themselves on articles of foreign press that, at no moment, confirmed their information next to the Royal House", says La Zarzuela.

Crónica insisted that Letizia Ortiz "is very thin, but her genetic constitution is like that. She and her family affirm that she eats like a horse, but she burns it all, due to her hyperactive character, eagerness of perfection that leads her to be a pure fat burner. Everything makes her have less two points than the national average stature. She has a figure of 63 centimetres and hips of 88, two centimetres less than the measures standard of the footbridge models".

"Although her official designers say that she uses 38, other marks that preferred to be anonymous, assure that Letizia wears 36 and even 34", says the article, in which also a possible answer occurs to the worrisome thinness of the Princess: "protocol. Before the long reverence sessions on foot, with heels of more than 10 centimetres, in a rigid position with shoulders backwards and chin in perfect right angle with neck, Letizia has learned to support the weight of her body in gluteus, which is one of the tricks that are taught in the short course of formation for the new princess", and which accentuates those exaggerated bulks on the shoulders, caused by the non-existence of muscular mass.

Just two days later, the journalist Carmen Rigalt made echo of this article in her column and asked the Princess "a bit more lustre". "People comment that the thinness of the Princess deserves an attention call. The thinness is beautiful, while it does not produce sicknesses", says the column. "I will abstain to affirm that the Princess is anorexic, just that she has anorexic forms, and that is objective", she writes.

"Victoria of Sweden had that problem years ago, the Swedish royal family openly fronted the subject and all the society knew the princess’ problem. The Princess of Asturias deserves another lustre. If she suffers, that is bad, but if she does not suffer and she’s like that because she wants to, even worse. A princess does not have the right to constitute a bad example", she says.

Here's the article from Crónica:
http://www.elmundo.es/cronica/2005/489/1109458813.html

The column of Carmen Rigalt:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/03/02/espana/1109760270.html

Last edited:
La Maison royale espagnole: "Letizia n'est pas anorexique"

La Maison royale espagnole a démenti que la princesse Letizia, épouse du prince héritier Felipe, soit anorexique, dans une lettre envoyée au quotidien El Mundo qui l'avait suggéré dans plusieurs articles.
"En liaison avec les articles publiés dimanche et mardi (...) spéculant sur la possibilité que son altesse la princesse des Asturies souffre d'anorexie, je vous informe de ce que cela est absolument faux", dit la lettre au directeur d'El Mundo envoyée par le chef de presse de la famille royale.

"Les auteurs de ces articles se basent sur des reportages de la presse étrangère qui n'ont à aucun moment recoupé leurs informations avec la Maison royale", reproche le responsable, qui demande que sa lettre soit publiée "pour que les lecteurs disposent d'une information véridique".

Dans l'article publié mardi, une journaliste commentait les rumeurs suscitées par l'extrême minceur de la princesse et concluait: "je m'abstiendrai d'affirmer que la princesse est anorexique mais elle a les apparences de l'anorexie (...) si elle souffre, dommage, mais si elle ne souffre pas et est comme ça par choix, c'est pire. Une princesse n'a pas le droit de constituer un mauvais exemple".

Letizia Ortiz, journaliste et notamment présentatrice du principal journal télévisé jusqu'à ses fiançailles avec Felipe de Bourbon en novembre 2003, avait déjà personnellement reproché en public à un chroniqueur royal particulièrement féroce de "ne pas recouper" ses informations avec la maison royale.
The translation:

The Spanish royal House: "Letizia is not anorexic" T
he Spanish royal House contradicted that the princess Letizia, wife of the crown prince Felipe, is anorexic, in a letter sent to the daily newspaper El Mundo which had suggested it in several articles. "In connection with the articles published Sunday and Tuesday (...) speculating in the possibility that its highness the princess of Asturies suffers from anorexia, I inform you of what that is absolutely false", known as the letter with the director of El Mundo sent by the chief of press of the royal family. "the authors of these articles base themselves on reports of the foreign press which do not have at any time recut their information with the royal House", the person in charge reproaches, who asks that its letter be published "so that the readers have veracious information". In the article published Tuesday, a journalist commented on the rumours caused by the extreme thinness of the princess and concluded: "I will abstain from affirming that the princess is anorexic but it has appearances of the anorexia (...) if it suffers, damage, but if it does not suffer and is like that by choice, it is worse. A princess does not have the right to constitute a bad example ". Letizia Ortiz, journalist and in particular presenter of the principal television news until its engagement to Felipe de Bourbon in November 2003, had already personally reproached in public a particularly wild royal chronicler "for not recutting" its information with the royal house.

Royal house of spain to deny anorexia of crown princess Letizia!

leti1-e.jpg

La Casa Real desmiente que la princesa Letizia padezca anorexia

La Casa Real ha desmentido a través de una carta que la princesa Letizia padezca anorexia. “Es absolutamente falso que doña Leticia padezca dicha enfermedad”, dice en el documento firmado por Juan...

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2005/03/02/desmentido-letizia/

Translation to english:

The Royal House denies that princess Letizia suffers anorexy the Royal
House has denied through a letter that princess Letizia suffers
anorexy. "It is absolutely false that Doña Leticia suffers this
disease", says in the document signed by Juan.

Last edited:
While denying the anorexia rumour, the royal house should have denied both eating disorders, bulimia too in one go IMO...or they did?

I just don't understand all the fuss! Ladies, haven't you gone up and down in your own personal weights throughout your life? I think that we need to give Letizia some space and be supportive of her always! ;)

Monalisa said:
Royal house of spain to deny anorexia of crown princess Letizia!
Translation to english:

The Royal House denies that princess Letizia suffers anorexy the Royal
House has denied through a letter that princess Letizia suffers
anorexy. "It is absolutely false that Doña Leticia suffers this
disease", says in the document signed by Juan.

I think it's really sad that the Spanish royal house had to release such a statement. It's ridiculous. I think the Spanish royal house would've been better off not to address all the crazy stories and speculation of Letizia being anorexic. It only means that the media will look to the royal house in the future to address future rumours and speculations.

Balqis said:
While denying the anorexia rumour, the royal house should have denied both eating disorders, bulimia too in one go IMO...or they did?

Why would the royal house deny that Letizia having bulemia too? All the crazy stories and speculation have been only about Letizia being anorexic. Nothing indicates - even the gossip doesn't speculate - that she is bulemic.

Anorexia and bulemia do not always go hand in hand. Diana was both bulemic and anorexic but Victoria was only anorexic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom