The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Her Royal Highness Princess of Asturias will chair the 20th anniversary of Gamma Knife radiosurgery at Hospital Ruber Internacional

Spain

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=11718

Old 11-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Visit to the headquarters of the Valencian Association of Charity
Valencia

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Visita a la sede de la Asociación Valenciana de Caridad

http://images.lainformacion.com/cms/...=lainformacion
http://images.lainformacion.com/cms/...=lainformacion

La princesa Letizia visita la Casa Caridad de Valencia - lasprovincias.es

Terra Mobile España - Letizia se vuelca con los niños

http://www.gva.es/contenidos/publica..._caridad_0.jpg
http://www.gva.es/contenidos/publica..._caridad_1.jpg

Awards King Jaime I - 2013
Lonja de los Mercaderes. Valencia

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Entrega de los Premios Rey Jaime I - 2013

http://www.gva.es/contenidos/publica..._Jaime_I_1.JPG
http://www.gva.es/contenidos/publica...ey_Jaime_I.jpg

Acto de entrega de los Premios Rey Jaime I 2013 - lasprovincias.es

Princess Letizia visits Valencia Charity Asociation

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: Princess Letizia of Spain Visits Valencian Charity Asociation

Princess Letizia attends the 'Rey Jaime I Awards'

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: Princess Letizia of Spain Attends "Rey Jaime I Awards" In Valencia

Video

Generalitat: Reproductor de vídeos

Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Doña Letizia conoce los efectos de la crisis, Vídeos deAUDIO en Levante

Letizia being confronted by the effect of the crisis. This woman has a lot to say to her.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Letizia being confronted by the effect of the crisis. This woman has a lot to say to her.
(...)After the visit and before getting into the car planned to take her to the Lonja to deliver the King Jaime I Awards, the Princess of Asturias has broken protocol and has approached a group of people queuing to enter to eat at the charity home who have called for a photo.

She talked during about ten minutes with Pilar Albert, a woman who has told her situation -three children unemployed and about to be evicted-, and asked her "work for the poor" while Letizia nodded.

Pilar has later explained to reporters that the Princess has asked for "patience and take care of myself a lot," and stressed that the princess has "attended nicely and politely."

La Princesa de Asturias visita la Casa Caridad de Valencia y se interesa por la realidad social. Las Provincias

Video

Video: La Princesa Letizia visita la Casa de la Caridad de Valencia - Canal de Vdeos de lasprovincias.es

Video: La Princesa Letizia en la Casa de la Caridad - Canal de Vdeos de lasprovincias.es

Video: La Princesa Letizia entrega de los premios Jaume I - Canal de Vdeos de lasprovincias.es
Old 11-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
(...)After the visit and before getting into the car planned to take her to the Lonja to deliver the King Jaime I Awards, the Princess of Asturias has broken protocol and has approached a group of people queuing to enter to eat at the charity home who have called for a photo.

She talked during about ten minutes with Pilar Albert, a woman who has told her situation -three children unemployed and about to be evicted-, and asked her "work for the poor" while Letizia nodded.

Pilar has later explained to reporters that the Princess has asked for "patience and take care of myself a lot," and stressed that the princess has "attended nicely and politely."

La Princesa de Asturias visita la Casa Caridad de Valencia y se interesa por la realidad social. Las Provincias
Considering that Letizia is not an elected member of the government, I hope that she understands that all she can do is to offer encouragement and compassion. Unfortunately after reading comments on other sites I do believe that there are those who think that constitutional monarchs and members of those royal families hold actual power.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is Letizia being criticized or applauded in Spain for doing this?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is Letizia being criticized or applauded in Spain for doing this?
Why should they criticize her? I think only the twisted people who criticize everything, criticize that.

She went to a place where there are people with social problems, this woman decided to tell her story and she listened ... end of story ... although probably many politicians and public office or would not have approached or have not been listening to the woman 10 minutes.

The princess also spoke with a journalist, who had met in Iraq, he works in Valencia public television that is about to be closed for mismanagement firing hundreds of people.

The country's situation is bad, and sometimes the Prince and Princess are in difficult situations ... really is an unfair situation because they continue doing their job, while politicians who have done evil hide behind them and family members who have brought problems are living a golden exile in Switzerland.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why should they criticize her? I think only the twisted people who criticize everything, criticize that.
It was a simple question as it seems certain elements of the media will criticize Letizia no matter what she does and I was wondering if it had gone down well that's all.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

They are two different things... if you want a single answer for or against her, you will not get it.

There will be people who will look good, she has done what she should do in such a place, and she has stopped, has talked to the woman and listened to her problems ... things that most politicians do not.

There will be also press that is always looking for controversy and the headline, and there is people who criticize all... criticize them if they do something, and also if they do not. The same people who criticize the royal family for not attending more social events, criticize them when they do ... criticize for criticizing

Photos

Letizia d'Espagne : Felipe court-circuité par son avion, elle survole les débats

25/11/2013 :: Valencia - Visita de Doa Letizia a la Casa de Caridad

Video

Doña Letizia rompe el protocolo para escuchar a una mujer al borde del desahucio - ANTENA 3 TV
Old 11-26-2013, 03:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Bad times for a country also mean bad times for a constitutional monarchy, because it becomes evident that there is a very privileged life in return for what? 'representing', without any political power or not even having an opinion on pressing issues apart from bla bla, all you can do is what Letizia did, stop and listen, but its frustrating, because what exactly is the point of stopping by at a social station, its like stepping out of your luxury life for a few minutes, looking and listening, possibly genuinely, and then stepping back into your chauffeured car and into your luxury life. What remains of such a visit? That somebody showed interest and listened, it may be comforting in good times but in bad times with real problems at home it seems like a bad joke, especially when other family members openly don't give a hoot about 'normal folk'. therefore the royals have to live with such incidents, its not their fault but at the same time they belong to the same elite that live off people's money, being told by the politicians what to do.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Video from vanitatis

Letizia se salta el protocolo y escucha durante 10 minutos el relato de una desahuciada
Old 11-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

In Spain, the royal family had always been a safeguard against the politicians, even today polls show they inspire more confidence. But the scandal Noos is a very heavy burden in a country with many difficult situations.

The Prince and Princess are in an impossible situation, no matter they try to make things right, because they pay for the mistakes of others. But at least they are going to all kinds of events, knowing that they can find sometimes complicated situations.

The king with his health problems, does not leave the palace, has no activity with "normal" people ... the Palma gone to Switzerland to live quietly while the storm passes ... and finally those who face their mistakes publicly are others.

The same goes for politicians, that "hide" behind the royal presence. Princess Letizia was yesterday in Valencia that is a region with many problems of corruption... Royal Family can not eliminate politicians of the acts, but they know that the presence of some of them, assure that the act will be difficult.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
The same goes for politicians, that "hide" behind the royal presence. Princess Letizia was yesterday in Valencia that is a region with many problems of corruption... Royal Family can not eliminate politicians of the acts, but they know that the presence of some of them, assure that the act will be difficult.
I might be wrong but i think its the politicians (whenever they are involved) who will ask the royals to attend suitable events, meaning that it is more or less a political event (very often eg awards are sponsored by the government) together with a royal whose field of interest matches the topic. Therefore the royals can't escape such occasions as the politician is the 'host' in the background.

I think the politicians are glad that the SRF is around, as they can play them and use them as scapegoats where possible. The political parties will never support any calls for abolishment etc. People might still think more highly of royals, but they are being dragged into the negativity.

Letizia looks completely mortified after she had to endure the woman's outburst, all you can do is listen and be polite because in the end, these are different worlds and royals will never stand in such shoes themselves.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke, there are already more or less established "when a politician must accompany members of the Royal Family" rules... except some minor act, they are always accompanied by some.

Spain is a parliamentary monarchy, so the actions of the Royal Family must be supported by the political authorities. At the end any act has, however slight, a relation with the national, regional or local government... politicians do not lose their opportunity for photo and the Royal Family has little power in that.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Letizia did look mortified after her encounter but I have to admit the Princess handled it very well and was so dignified.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

The woman told the Princess, things like that if she lost her house she was going to commit suicide... What face can put the princess?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM

In terms of image and influence abroad, the best thing Spain has going for it is the Prince and Princess of Asturias.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Nobility

Well said, Turby. That is exactly so.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Letizia looks completely mortified after she had to endure the woman's outburst, all you can do is listen and be polite because in the end, these are different worlds and royals will never stand in such shoes themselves.
Very often especially in difficult circumstances it could be very "healthy" for a country, if the RF is around and listen and is simply "THERE".
I remember the Second World War with keeping the moral of the people high in the UK or Denmark via the Royal Family. I also remember the terrorist bomb tragedy in the Madrid Trains of the Breivik killing, where the Spanish and Norwegian RF mourned together with the people. These situations also can tie the knot much tighter between the RF and the country.

Or a CP Letizia, who is listening....
BYe Bine
Old 11-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I am hardly a Letizia fan, but it's frustrating that this poor woman's outburst was directed at the Princess of Asturias instead of JC or the Infanta Cristina...where it really needed to be!

Tags
crown princess, crown princess letizia, letizia, princess letizia current events, princess of asturias, princess of asturias current events, spanish princess, spanish royal