Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 15: September 2009 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princess of Asturias

The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:

• Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have Fun!

Where do you see she's chewing bubblegum?? I can't see it on the video

you can see everything if you want to see it...

Look at her lips when she's greeting people....:flowers:
Well I'm not convinced about that because of the protocol. It's unrespectful to do that when you have to talk with people so I can't imagine a crown princess doing such a thing but who knows...

Well I'm not convinced about that because of the protocol. It's unrespectful to do that when you have to talk with people so I can't imagine a crown princess doing such a thing but who knows...

Exactly...you never know :whistling:

With so many photographers there, if she was chewing gum, that piece of gum would have shown somewhere at least. The photo agencies or tabloids had never been shy of publishing pictures of royals chewing bubble gum.
Monarquia confidencia website had been writing many lies before. It's absurb (a lie) to say that the clothes were donated to the museum was because Letizia tried them on and didn't like them. It's impossible for her to accept this gift after the magazine made so much noise, I doubt the designers didn't know the rules set by Zarzuela. Organizing an audience was actually showing the gratitude to those designers, Letizia didn't have to do that. Next time, if they want Letizia to wear their clothes, send the clothes quietly to Zarzuela :cool:.

Well, that's strange. I think Letizia is really always acting very professionally and so I wouldn't expect her to chew chewing gum during an audience.
On the other hand.. during the video she is chewing something.. and if she doesn't chew chewing gum she at least moves her mouth like she chews something.
However.... maybe it's just an impression ...

Last edited:
If you listen carefully one of the photographers says "¿Esta comiendo un chicle?" "Is she chewing gum?"
Anyway.. who knows, I agree with her_majesty.

With so many photographers there, if she was chewing gum, that piece of gum would have shown somewhere at least. The photo agencies or tabloids had never been shy of publishing pictures of royals chewing bubble gum.

Unless she's doing a bubble it would be difficult to take a picture from inside her mouth wouldn't it ;)

And yes, agencies have never been shy in that matter. I recall pics of Maxima doing a bubble but I think it wasn't at an official event, same goes for WA picking his nose at the Beijing Olympics.

Wow! great! Now they are killing inocent animals to desing a bag for the princess...So cute...That's why we are going to end with this world, killing inocent animals, not saving environment and distroying nature.

Well, that's strange. I think Letizia is really always acting very professionally and so I wouldn't expect her to chew chewing gum during an audience.
On the other hand.. during the video she is chewing something.. and if she doesn't chew chewing gum she at least moves her mouth like she chews something.
However.... maybe it's just an impression ...

I honestly don't think it is gum, but perhaps a mint or a cough drop. It appears that she keeps shifting whatever it is around in her mouth after she greets some of the people, which makes me believe it is a mint or cough drop. Being in the news business, I've seen many on-air news anchors do this exact same move while either reading a news story or just after they finish reading a news story. You try to be as discreet as possible so you don't end up coughing on air (or in Letizia's case, I'm sure she didn't want to cough on any one who was coming to shake her hand).

Perhaps she had a bit of a scratchy throat and popped a cough drop in before she came through the door.

I really don't think that any of the current active royals would be caught chewing gum on camera unless perhaps they were at an event focusing on bubble gum. I think they have all been trained too well to be caught with a big wad of gum in their mouth (like some of the awful so-called celebrities out there!)

I believe I've seen pictures of CP Victoria pop a cough drop in her mouth very discreetly during the Nobel ceremonies. It's one of those things you do to keep your cough and throat clearing at a minimum during those kind of events.

for what it's worth looks like the action of chewing gum. what ever I didn't think she was professional at all. It's a small wonder someone didn't walk back out after her greeting. I think it rude to look at another person next in line while still greeting someone else. Then to be chewing while greeting no - it's horribly wrong. This girl has issues.

Not only does she appear to be chewing gum, she seems to be chewing with an attitude. Also, the way she is greeting the people in line seems casual or flippant, something about the way she drops her hand after each handshake. I'm very surprised.

If she was indeed chewing bubblegum, I'm sure this appeared in the spanish newspapers because all the Letizia haters will have the time of their lives and I'm pretty sure Sofia will be the first one to reprimand Letizia. If she was indeed chewing bubblegum then it's really stupid of her to do that. Five years of hardwork and she will just ruin it for a bubblegum? She must be crazy.

I think, it doesnt matter if it was a bubble gum or if she just did strange things with er mouth. IMO it doesnt look professional. Hope someone has told her this.

It's possible she had a mint or a cough drop. She had 3 audiences that day, I think this audience was the last one, maybe she had a sore throat. Royals or public figures did use cough drops in public, Princess Victoria was seen eating a cough candy at the Nobel Prize.

OMG!!!! She is chewing gum! What is she thinking? Is she going to be doing that when she is queen for goodness sake? Im shocked. And even if it were a lozenge or mint, I think it was completely unacceptable. Just my opinion, I know she is only human.

Thank you for the photos. It seems like Letizia really enjoyed her visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom