The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Commoner

Dona Letizia is very hardworking, see how many events she has in one week! She remains modest, I don't see arrogance ever on her. For you that say she's not happy, what I believe is that there are moments of sadness when you look at her face and the reason, according to my theory, is that these moments she's thinking Erika. Or maybe she feels the pressure from paparazzi and the media around her all the time that don't allow her breathe.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Still some photos:
Profimedia gallery

Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 AM
Courtier

Letizia has always had a beautiful face and been slender but I think the stress of the wedding is where the weight loss started as even though she was radiant and lovely on her wedding day, she looked tired. I still think she is one of the hardest working royals out there in terms of engagements and she genuinely seems to connect with people but perhaps the constant round of engagements means she gets tired and the 'mask' of 'everything as usual' slips sometimes to show the fatigue. I too think she could do with gaining a bit more weight but she is obviously not so skinny it has affected her ability to have children or keep up with a hectic schedule with not much time off. I do think however that the saying about having to choose between your face or your derriere as a person gets older is true and Leti will put weight on.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Well, this is you, like you said, but I appreciate an answer and an explanation that makes sense.
Cinderella5x, when you have time go through the fashion threads and look at the pictures from the last several years and before. She has changed considerably from the very beginning of her life as a royal to the present, and not for the better fashion wise. Please take note that I emphasize those last two words as I am not critcizing Letizia as a person. This only has to do with how she dresses as the future Queen of Spain. She hit all the right notes those first few years as a crown princess. Letizia is not consistent in how she dresses now. My post seemed quite clear.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Cinderella5x, when you have time go through the fashion threads and look at the pictures from the last several years and before. She has changed considerably from the very beginning of her life as a royal to the present, and not for the better fashion wise. Please take note that I emphasize those last two words as I am not critcizing Letizia as a person. This only has to do with how she dresses as the future Queen of Spain. She hit all the right notes those first few years as a crown princess. Letizia is not consistent in how she dresses now. My post seemed quite clear.
First, I did. I went thru all the threads about Letizia's clothes recently.

Second, I was not attacking, you, I even said, it's your opinon and I am fully aware we are all entitled to such.

Lastly, we all change. Our minds, clothes, shoes, fashion... it all changes thru the years. Most likely that's what happened to Letizia. She had some clothing ideas back then, she has different ideas now. Better / worse - well, everyone being different will see it different ways. Maybe she is still looking for her own, unique style, trying many diverse styles? Who knows...
Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Article and photos on "Pure People":
Letizia d'Espagne époustouflante d'élégance pour sa passion... La mode !
Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

La Princesa de Asturias presidir los galardones de Asociacin contra Cncer - ABC.es - Noticias Agencias
Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess of Asturias assumes with permanent character the Honorary Presidency of the Spanish Association against the Cancer

The Princess of Asturias will assume, with permanent character, the Honorary Presidency of the Spanish Association against the Cancer (AECC) and of its scientific foundation, as it has reported this Friday the AECC, which emphasizes that it is the first time that the Princess presides at honorific form and with permanent character an institution.

According to the AECC, with this gesture, the Princess reaffirms " her commitment in the fight against this disease, since she has done with her presence in the institutional acts against the cancer and the receipt in audience of groups of affected and their relatives, with special attention to the infantile cancer ".

La Princesa de Asturias asume con carácter permanente la Presidencia de Honor de la Asociación Española contra el Cáncer. europapress.es
Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Do we have picture of this event?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Do we have picture of this event?
It has not been an event, has been a communiqué of the association. The act will be thursday 30th in Tenerife.

Delivery of the " Helps to the Investigation of Cancer 2010 " and of the awards " V of Life "
Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Entrega de las "Ayudas a la Investigación Oncológica 2010" y de los galardones "V de Vida". Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

She presides this act since 2007

Presentación y Entrega de "Ayudas a la Investigación Oncológica 2007". Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Entrega de las "Ayudas a la Investigación Oncológica 2008", concedidas por la Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Entrega de las "Ayudas a la Investigacion Oncológica 2009", concedidas por la Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

Princess of Asturias

Audience to a representation of the Public School C.E.I.P. "La Dehesa del Príncipe"
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

First pic
Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Audience to a representation of the Public School C.E.I.P. "La Dehesa del Príncipe"
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...cias$599x0.jpg

Audience to the Patronage of the " Foundation Coca Cola Juan Manuel Sáinz de Vicuna "
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...ones$599x0.jpg

Audience to a representation of the Platform of Affected by the Lateral Sclerosis Amiotrófica (ELA)
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...cesa$599x0.jpg

Photos ppe

PPE Agency

Belga

BelgaPicture - Category details

Getty

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 09-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Gentry

I'm all for recycling outfits. But come on. Put an outfit away for at least a month before wearing it again. If it's a two piece suit you can wear the pieces separately on a regular rotation with different blouses. Her wardrobe is sizable. There are tons of pics to prove it. Her weight has not fluctuated. I don't understand why she bores us with the same clothes over and over. Then again, I can't complain. At least this outfit is appropriate. Boring but appropriate.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia greets a group of schoolchildren from La Dehesa del Principe School on the 25th anniversary of its foundation in La Zarzuela Palace

Princess Letizia at La Dehesa del Principe School in Madrid - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Commoner

For me, it's the bare legs with dressier and business outfits that seems off. I know this is common in the US now. But to me it makes a woman look unfinished. I think some of her questionable skirts and dresses would look more professional if she was wearing some kind of hosiery. Especially with her fancy shoes.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Alicia View Post
I'm all for recycling outfits. But come on. Put an outfit away for at least a month before wearing it again. If it's a two piece suit you can wear the pieces separately on a regular rotation with different blouses. Her wardrobe is sizable. There are tons of pics to prove it. Her weight has not fluctuated. I don't understand why she bores us with the same clothes over and over. Then again, I can't complain. At least this outfit is appropriate. Boring but appropriate.

Spain is in a heavy economic crisis at the moment (well, since one year already). And the Royal Household has to save costs as well.... So recycling and Mango Clothes is the "act of the moment" to show people, that the Royal Family is showing solidarity with the people.....

BYe Bine
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article8787
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

The doctor Josep Baselga, the singer Luz Casal and the company McCann-Healthcare have been rewarded by the prizes " V of Life " 2010 of the Spanish Association Against the Cancer (AECC) in recognition of their labor in the fight against this disease.

The delivery, which will be celebrated in Santa Cruz de Tenerife on September 30, will be presided by the Princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz.

Josep Baselga, Luz Casal y McCann-Healthcare, premiados con los galardones 'V de Vida' de la AECC. europapress.es
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger

The Princess of Asturias , Letizia Ortiz, will open on Thursday , at 11.30 hours, the Healthcare Centre Pine in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

La Princesa de Asturias inaugurará el Centro Sociosanitario del Pino en Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. europapress.es
Old 09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Spain is in a heavy economic crisis at the moment (well, since one year already). And the Royal Household has to save costs as well.... So recycling and Mango Clothes is the "act of the moment" to show people, that the Royal Family is showing solidarity with the people.....

BYe Bine
If that's the case, and it makes sense, then when the couple makes joint appearances the Prince should wear the male version of Mango. I'm not being flip, I'm serious. When they appear together they often look incredibly mismatched, clotheswise. He in suit and tie, good quality, and she in clothing that looks to be of poor quality. JMHO of course.

Closed Thread