The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Letizia visits Platform' Young Fashion Designers at Madrid International Fashion Week

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

La Princesa de Asturias por primera vez en Cibeles - RTVE.es

Old 09-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

La Princesa de Asturias inaugura 'El Ego' de Cibeles

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_re...d_fashion_week

http://videos.lainformacion.com/arte...sLmxu07VA8TZ1/

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...e/2556547.html
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...e/2556638.html

Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her look today. It's a nice color on her.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Profimedia gallery
Profimedia gallery
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM

IMO she still needs to work on her looks to have a neat and clean cut appearance and also gain some weigth for a beautiful and healthy semblance.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104...3FB2A50603FE14
http://mujer.terra.es/addon/img/feed...af277bae0g.jpg

I think she looked muche better before all this royal thing, before surgery and not that skinny:

Letizia Ortiz. Fotos: Del periodismo a la realeza
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz

I Hope those days come back
Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
IMO she still needs to work on her looks to have a neat and clean cut appearance and also gain some weigth for a beautiful and healthy semblance.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/104...3FB2A50603FE14
http://mujer.terra.es/addon/img/feed...af277bae0g.jpg

I think she looked muche better before all this royal thing, before surgery and not that skinny:

Letizia Ortiz. Fotos: Del periodismo a la realeza
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz
Fotos de Letizia Ortiz

I Hope those days come back
What if she is happy the way she is, healthy and doesn't feel the need to gain weight? What if she cannot? What if she is skinny because that's the way she is?
Old 09-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

I think it has nothing to do with her weight. It looks like its her mood or so, when you look at the pictures of today you can see that she feels comfortable when she is interacting with people but somehow shy or not so selfconfident when it comes to offical scenes. When interacting with people she looks lively and "here".
Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by justina View Post
I think it has nothing to do with her weight. It looks like its her mood or so, when you look at the pictures of today you can see that she feels comfortable when she is interacting with people but somehow shy or not so selfconfident when it comes to offical scenes. When interacting with people she looks lively and "here".
Thank you. My point exactly.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
What if she is happy the way she is, healthy and doesn't feel the need to gain weight? What if she cannot? What if she is skinny because that's the way she is?
Exactly! just looking at the pictures, nothing really says how she really drives herself or her mood. I want to make something clear, I really liked this girl, at the beginning felt she represented the "new spanish royal people" but after all this years we still waiting for her, we need to trust her, we need to see that she has selfconfident, and stop being so arrogant or making the quote of the day...

poca machaca a la princesa Letizia
Old 09-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Nobility

I just do not understand all the nitpicking of HRH Princess Letizia.

She is lovely and pleasant in all situations.

What a beautiful smile.

The weight issue has been discussed to death.

Without any official notice to the contrary she is healthy and happy.

Negativity from the public and press will only undermine her position.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

So, maybe you are not dissapointed by Letizia but the Letizia you wanted.
In her defence I would say that most of actual Letizia is determined by her family-in law. She have to respect some rules and in the same time to be what she want to be. It is very difficult to reconcile these two requirements. We all only can hope that she will win the game.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Exactly! just looking at the pictures, nothing really says how she really drives herself or her mood. I want to make something clear, I really liked this girl, at the beginning felt she represented the "new spanish royal people" but after all this years we still waiting for her, we need to trust her, we need to see that she has selfconfident, and stop being so arrogant or making the quote of the day...

What do you mean 'new spanish royal people' ? How do you know she has enough freedom or resource in Zarzuela to do everything she wants to do ? Zarzuela still belongs to the Kings, the CP couple don't even have their own household like other CP couples in Europe. All the final decisions were made by the King. Unlike some other royals who seemed to disappear at times, at least she went to work every week (excluding the official holidays).
I don't see anything wrong with the red dress or shoes to attend the concert. By looking at the popular artists, the popular songs sang in the concert, it's rather a fun event. Rania's dress has a split at the more solemn wedding, so was Rosario's dress at the Greek wedding, nobody has an issue with their dresses.
The only SRF royal who looked 'arrogant or making the quote of the day' (perhaps by your definition) was Cristina by wearing a tiara bigger than the Queen. I'm sure had Letizia worn the Cartier tiara, some would have torn her into pieces.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I don't think you understood what I meant. She may be happy or not, but she is professional enough not to show it off. Probably that's the reason, like you said, "nothing really says how she really drives herself or her mood.". Would it be better if she would be angry or mad or pissed off and she would start going around showing her mood? Would that be professional?

Also, please explain the arrogance you mentioned. What is / was so arrogant she does / did?

You said, you are still waiitng for her... what are you waiting for? What does she need to do? What is, what you expect from her? Please, explain.

Finally, she is Letizia, she is, who she is. She was accepted (and seems she still is) by the King, the Queen and the Crown Prince. That is Letizia, Crown Princess. What Letizia would you like to see?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post

Finally, she is Letizia, she is, who she is. She was accepted (and seems she still is) by the King, the Queen and the Crown Prince. That is Letizia, Crown Princess. What Letizia would you like to see?
I'd like to see her dress better on a consistent basis, but that's just me
Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
You mean you want for her to dress with clothing you like?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Quite agree. This outfit is much better. The pale violet matches with the white pants.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia garcia roch View Post
You mean you want for her to dress with clothing you like?
I would like her to dress as the Crown Princess that she is. In nice, quality clothes that befits her position. This is not just one person's opinion. Read board after board, and you will find many who feel the same. There was an article in a spanish paper, I understand, that said much the same. Letizia under-dresses on too many occasions. She is too casually dressed, and many times what she chooses to wear is inappropriate for what she is doing.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Well, this is you, like you said, but I appreciate an answer and an explanation that makes sense.

Closed Thread