Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I love when she goes to the schools on her own. She is so relaxed looking and it seems like she is having a wonderful time with the kids. Wonderful event! This is really where Letizia shines.

She seems to enjoy a lot this visit! It's so great to see her with her own agenda! Hope in the future she will have more events all by herself!!

Anyway I still think she looked tired yesterday!

the man was in mental treatment. i'm sure he didn't mean to do that. apparently he had not taken his medicine then. i assume it must have been scary for letizia to have someone approach you and shout that though!

some more info:
Latin American Herald Tribune - Spanish Princess Unhurt in Incident with Mental Patient

Letizia looks most convenient on the rare occasions when she's following her own agenda, very often with children or disabled people. And every time I see how well she's doing and how natural she's presenting herself I am asking myself why her solo agenda is not being increased (at the moment it's maybe 1 event in two months) let's say to 2-3 events per month, basically replacing those events with Felipe where people ask themselves (and judging from the pictures it is likely that Letizia is asking herself the same question, given the bored look) what is she doing there (for example the telecommunications meeting last week)?

I've said it before I find the strategy is waisting her true assets.

THE PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, CHAIRWOMAN OF HONOR OF THE RACE OF THE WOMAN

The capital of the Costa del Sol releases the Circuit of the Race of the Woman Central Lechera Asturiana in 2009. It will be a March 8 on the occasion of the International Day of the Woman. Malaga opens this party of the feminine sport that has a new Chairwoman of Honor: Her Royal Highness Doña Leticia Ortiz. The Princess of Asturias has agreed to preside at this event in which more than 120.000 women have taken part already to fight opposite to the cancer of breast.

Carrera de la mujer

Thanks a lot for the pics! :) She was radiant!!, Im sure she had a great time, besides the incident with the patient.. that must have been scary.

She is a fabulous woman. One can tell that she has a kind heart and eyes that pierce through in understanding. Her care and sensitiveness I hope is rewarded in return to make her a stronger and considerate person. I enjoy frequenting her many visits and participations as she seems to take hand of situations and seem to carry on sophisticatedly and broad minded. Her wisdom permeates and helps her and Felipe press on through to earn the love and trust of the Spanish people. It is warming to see the public return their admiration by involving the Royals in so many many functions. It's impressing to see. I can only imagine what it must feel to keep showing your stamina as they do. It's an honor to follow.

THE PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, CHAIRWOMAN OF HONOR OF THE RACE OF THE WOMAN

The capital of the Costa del Sol releases the Circuit of the Race of the Woman Central Lechera Asturiana in 2009. It will be a March 8 on the occasion of the International Day of the Woman. Malaga opens this party of the feminine sport that has a new Chairwoman of Honor: Her Royal Highness Doña Leticia Ortiz. The Princess of Asturias has agreed to preside at this event in which more than 120.000 women have taken part already to fight opposite to the cancer of breast.

Carrera de la mujer

This is great. Is this Letizia's 1st role being a chairwoman/president of a particular organization?

This is great. Is this Letizia's 1st role being a chairwoman/president of a particular organization?

This one is an honorific role, a way of supporting an activity, but it does not suppose an entail or long-term implication in an organization, is an honor or a support. The Princess already has been a chairwoman of honor of several activities and congresses, but it not always implies that she goes to an activity in concretly, can receive them in audience or simply know and support with her name what they do.

i'm glad letizia doesn't attend designer shows and catwalks. the criticism would be enormous if she did and many people would define her as shallow or superficial. since her clothes are almost always spanish, i think there's no better way than to support the industry than that one. would be great if she innovated further in her designers to include other of the many other spanish designers who participate in SIM. besides, it has traditionally been elena's and jaime's role to attend the fashion shows, which is much safer as elena will not be queen: two people interested in fashion is enough to support the spanish fashion industry.

I think she should support more designers other than Varela, Mango and Zara whom she had been so tirelessly promoting (just too much IMO :cool:). Designers like Elio Berhanyer and Angel Schlesser always had fabulous collections and their clothes have always been so much classier, suits the royals much more than Varela's. I really hope she will not wear Varela's Noman's-land-wear (as Boris stated so perfectly in the fashion thread :lol:) to New York to promote the Spanish products. Seriously, most of Varela's suits are not even good enough to wear at a mid-level financial office in Manhattan :eek:.

Interstitial - Especial
Interstitial - Especial

If you saw Schlesser's designs in a shop they would disappoint you, his quality is good, but not exceptional at all:rolleyes:.

If I was the Princess, in New York I would dress of Custo :lol:

that's a great new engagement for letizia, fighting against cancer. i always found that she lacked patronages that have to do with health and health education. i'm sure she will do very well and hope she continues working in that plane for a long time.

regarding letizia's fashion choices in new york, i'm sure she won't dissappoint. obviously, i doubt she will wear very flamboyant choices, as that's not her style but she will surely be loyal to her style and still dazzle.

she seems to know how interact with children
i like a lot her way to dress, very suitable for the event

Well Custo has a lot of good pieces nad very very informal pieces!!! I think Adolfo Dominguez has lovely pieces and they will look lovey on Letizia!

Gusto's clothes are too flamboyant, Varela's clothes are too dull in general.

Visit to the Schools Workshop and Workshops of Employment of the Patrimonio Nacional. Royal palace of Madrid.

Patrimonio Nacional started the Program of Schools Workshop and Workshops of Employment in 1985 to help persons in unemployment and to form them in crafts that were traversing risk of disappearance and they turn out to be indispensable for the restoration and the maintenance of the Spanish art heritage. In its functioning, it has the collaboration of the Department of Work and Immigration, across the Public Service of State Employment.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Web Patrimonio Nacional
Palacio Real, Monasterio y Palacios y Conventos - Patrimonio Nacional

That's great!!! she has more and more activities in solo!!!

It's really good to see her taking up more and more solo activities. I wonder if the palace has integrated her much more slowly than say Maxima, Mary or Mette Marit, because Spain is a Catholic country and they wanted to give a long period for the Spanish to become accustomed to and acceptive of her past? Or is it because the Spanish Royal family see her position as one of strictly support? I am sure that the other CPs are also in a position of support, but it appears that those governments/RF see and understand the need for a person to have activities of their own in order to feel valued and as if they are contributing.

At the same time I suppose that it could also be the preference of Letizia herself. Perhaps she just wanted to be as much of a stay at home mother as possible while her children are so little.

Perhaps she just wanted to be as much of a stay at home mother as possible while her children are so little.

this can be ruled out. the lack of own activities does not mean she will stay at home and look after her children. all the events she attends with felipe, basically being his shadow on his activities, make her the cp with the busiest schedule around, imo. at some of these events she looks like she'd rather be with her children but is not allowed to. don't think the balance between his, their and her activities is right but we've been here before.

Oh well. I definitely understand the desire to be at home. I have a new little one myself, and the thought of leaving him for work is killing me.

I suppose that they will eventually sort out the schedule so that there is a bit more equality. I can't comment on the totality of the schedules between the CPs and this would not be the right place. But I am glad to see her having more of her own activities outside the shadow of Felipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom