Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!
Princess Letizia has a lovely heart! she really enjoys the time that she spend with kids!... really adorable pics! thanks to all!!

Thank you, Princess

I am a father of a girl who is sick with cancer, cancer a violent and horrible. (...)
It happened a few days before Christmas Eve. One morning many in the hospital, one of the supervisors asked whether parents would have several objections to the Princess of Asturias came to greet us. We said no. And so it came Letizia Ortiz, greeted us politely to all (almost asking forgiveness for believing that it could disturb) and focused on a group of children, including my daughter. It was just wonderful with them. Loving and friendly. And all morning greeted each of the young patients of the facility's child oncology hospital. With the same smile and a great love for all children and some families are going through an ordeal. And you may say: well, and that's what it is. Whoever made that question does not know what it is to have a sick child, I will say only one thing: my daughter was immensely happy with that person called Letizia. And only by the tears of emotion from my daughter, how I looked at the Princess of Asturias, as she joked to make you smile, to enjoy that smile off increasing, while interest in his drawings, for life, for feelings my girl, just so, I say that the work that the Princess of Asturias worth. Quietly arrived at the hospital and went quietly. On the main door, without stories, without the press, without shrillness. And I have waited all these days to see once again that we do not know how good I do not know of monarchies or republics, I am a citizen of my time, attentive to what is happening in my country, I read newspapers, I see on TV , listening to the radio. And I know what is said about it, but it does not matter what they say. Share your time with us, the love that transmitting their eyes to our children, the determination and courage faced with situations that has lived with this person, deserve respect. And I want to give you with these words. Thank you, Princess.
Carlos Sanchez

Great story. It's a pity the spanish people don't acknowlege her work. I really hope to see her as queen one day, even knowing that spanish people are Juan Carlists, not monarchists.

Princess Letizia is being critizised for NOT supporting the Spanish fashion industry :)
Vanitatis.com - La Princesa no vende moda en Cibeles

Not only that Letizia has been repeating her boring Varela frocks for months, at times on a daily basis, she also does not give support by attending important events like SIMM (she opened it last year in the green dress) or Madrid Fashion Week Cibeles, starting this Friday. As the credit crunch bites into the fashion industry there is grumpling about the obvious lack of support of the Princess who is supposed to act as an ambassador for Spanish fashion in difficult times.

Another Vanitatis's hypocritical news.

The SIMM was inaugurating same day that ARCO, the Princess does not have the capacity of the ubiquity.

The Princess does not have any commitment with the Spanish designers (she is not their ambassador), another thing, is that from a beginning they have wanted to press her to do business with her, and they have done it very badly. Probably if the Princess went to the parade of a designer and not of other one, the rest would have envy and would create problems. The problem of the Spanish designers is that they believe more important than they are, and it leads them to not doing well the things.

It is unjust that try to press the Princess to do something that the Queen or the Infantas have never done. Unlike they, the Princess dresses always Spanish design, and they should be grateful for it. Cibeles's parades are a " bonfire of pretenses " where they all are going to appear in the television and the magazines. The Infanta Elena only goes in occasions to the parade of her friend Angel Schlesser, but later in the big occasions she dresses of Lacroix or De la Renta and forgets completely the Spanish.

The Princess entrusts her wardrobe to Varela, but in her cupboard she has clothes of Caprile, Adolfo Dominguez, Miguel Palacio, Angel Schlesser, Miriam Ocariz, Ailanto, Josep Font, Armand Bassi, Custo... more enough than her family in law.

In December the Prince and the Princess visited Inditex, it is a textile industry, is fashion... that generates thousands of works in Spain and that Spain exports to the whole world. The same Mango. Same the spanish footwear, very important and with many international diffusion that the Princess wears always.

I think she has worn pieces from Lydia Delgado, as well.

She supports the spanish fashion. She doesn't need to go to a fashion show to prove it!

Over the years, Queen and Infantas had never opened the SIMM, why blame Letizia suddenly ? On the other hand, Letizia can do a bit more to help those designers by wearing their clothes they are willing to give away for free instead of recycling endlessly a few Varela's clothes she had the last couple of years. I think those designers have been hit hard by the crisis this time, it's a win-win situation for both sides if Letizia wears their clothes.

It refers to Letizia's "revenge". Five years ago, she was labeled as the "fossoyeuse" of the Spanish monarchy: a divorced journalist, the granddaughter of a taxi driver, without pedigree... For Jaime Peñafiel, the devil wore heels... But now, five years have passed, the life in Zarzuela has not transformed the Princess of Asturias into a bulimic Diana (to whom she is often compared), or a depressive Masako. After an adaptation period, the princess has found her place in a stage, where every misstep is analysed by the press. After months of discussions at the highest level, she received her own agenda and the possibility of imposing her speech. Yeah, yeah, Letizia has brains.

From my limited French i think it talks about how when Felipe and Letizia got engaged some in Spain (Jamie Penafiel is mentioned) predicted that this would result in the downfall of the Bourbons - mainly due to her being a divorcee and from a very middle - class background. It also mentions that people commented how on their wedding day it poured with rain which was seen as a bad omen. However 5 years on, Letizia has grown in strenght taking time to adjust to her new role - which they believe was a sensible move and thus she has not turned into a Spanish version of a bulmic Diana or a depressed Masako. Instead Letizia is now the glamorous, chic and stylish princess which has only helped the Spanish royals to grow.

Princess Letizia is being critizised for NOT supporting the Spanish fashion industry :)
Vanitatis.com - La Princesa no vende moda en Cibeles

Not only that Letizia has been repeating her boring Varela frocks for months, at times on a daily basis, she also does not give support by attending important events like SIMM (she opened it last year in the green dress) or Madrid Fashion Week Cibeles, starting this Friday. As the credit crunch bites into the fashion industry there is grumpling about the obvious lack of support of the Princess who is supposed to act as an ambassador for Spanish fashion in difficult times.

She definitely does not need to attend all fashion shows just to remind them that she supports spanish fashion. We can all see that almost all her clothes are from spanish designers. On the other hand, I think it will also boost her popularity if she attend one of these shows, at least from the eyes of the fashionistas. ;)

Princess Letizia to visit Sonrisa Medica in Palma de Mallorca on Feb 26th

Sonrisa Medica is a non-profit organisation that helps to make life more beareble for children & adults in hospitals on the balearic islands by undertaking regular professional clown activities there.
mallorcadiario.com

Bunte writes about "the new Letizia", who is slim but no skinny like before, more feminine and majestic and always very interested about her activities.
Good photos here:
Bunte/Die neue Letizia

i'm glad letizia doesn't attend designer shows and catwalks. the criticism would be enormous if she did and many people would define her as shallow or superficial. since her clothes are almost always spanish, i think there's no better way than to support the industry than that one. would be great if she innovated further in her designers to include other of the many other spanish designers who participate in SIM. besides, it has traditionally been elena's and jaime's role to attend the fashion shows, which is much safer as elena will not be queen: two people interested in fashion is enough to support the spanish fashion industry.

Bunte writes about "the new Letizia", who is slim but no skinny like before, more feminine and majestic and always very interested about her activities.
Good photos here:
Bunte/Die neue Letizia

thank you for these photos, they are wondeful
simple, classy, she knows how match her garment with the event, her hairdo, make-up and jeweleries are always of good taste, for me laetizia is in the top three of most elegant pricesses in her way to dress and to be:flowers:

I read that someone tried to attack the Princess and her companions during the visit to the hospital.
Does anyone know more?

I read that someone tried to attack the Princess and her companions during the visit to the hospital.
Does anyone know more?

I only heard a 55-year-old man born in Argentina, now a Spanish resident, was shouting 'death to the King'. He didn't attack anyone.

the man was in mental treatment. i'm sure he didn't mean to do that. apparently he had not taken his medicine then. i assume it must have been scary for letizia to have someone approach you and shout that though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom