The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Princess Letizia looked so professional and gentle while she was speeching. I agree she looks more beautiful and relaxed these days.
Amazing outfit, lovely young lady!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

good and important cause to be involved in, hope the own agenda will not only be kept alive but is also given more significance, eg through events like this one.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia during a ceremony at the Spanish Senate to mark Rare Disease Day 2009 in Madrid

PPE Agency
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Redaccion Medica/LA PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS PRESIDE EN EL SENADO EL I DÍA MUNDIAL DE ESTAS PATOLOGÍAS

Photo:
El Mundo
Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain

The wife of the Heir of Corona has asked for the contest of all and “to work together” to obtain that no of those people “feels single, isolated, disinformed
DOÑA LETIZIA ENTREGA LOS PREMIOS FEDER CON MOTIVO DEL PRIMER DÍA MUNDIAL DE LAS ENFERMEDADES RARAS

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
The wife of the Heir of Corona has asked for the contest of all and “to work together” to obtain that no of those people “feels single, isolated, disinformed
DOÑA LETIZIA ENTREGA LOS PREMIOS FEDER CON MOTIVO DEL PRIMER DÍA MUNDIAL DE LAS ENFERMEDADES RARAS

La Princesa pide «visibilidad y voz» para las personas con enfermedades raras - ABC2_Casas_Reales - ABC2 - ABC.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos diezminutos

Doña Letizia lucha contra las enfermedades raras - Felipe Letizia Príncipes Asturias - Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos
Old 03-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Princess Letizia during a ceremony at the Spanish Senate to mark Rare Disease Day 2009 in Madrid

PPE Agency
she seems so calm in public, and very professional
Old 03-16-2009, 12:24 AM

It is lovely that Letizia is involved in these kinds of causes. I don't know very much about her but perhaps she is a kind and thoughtful person.

But I never fail to be astonished by people who say that Letizia is beautiful. Honestly? I find her extremely unattractive. Short, no curves, ugly rhinoplasty with he nostrils now completely uneven, dark hair that she tries to make blond. I can understand if people find her heart and mind to be beautiful. But physically? There is no beauty that I can see.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacornemuse View Post
Short, no curves, ugly rhinoplasty with he nostrils now completely uneven, dark hair that she tries to make blond. I can understand if people find her heart and mind to be beautiful. But physically? There is no beauty that I can see.

So a princess should be tall, blonde and with curves to be considered beautiful? That´s what i infer from your limited concept of beauty. That says a lot about you. You need to grow up.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

I think people always criticize Letizia, and also make such unfair comments to her. I think she is professional enough to handle this situation and accept the voice. But, how can somebody to make a truely wrong statement like that. A beautiful mind is undoutedly priceless! Also, Letizia is attractive in both outside and inner side, she is a real beauty and has a beautiful mind.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by water
how can somebody to make a truely wrong statement like that
As everyone knows: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
So, please let's stay calm and on topic.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:42 AM

This poor Princess does not seem comfortable with what God gave her. Her hair and eyebrows are dark, but she dyes them blonde. She had a strong chin and a hooked nose and she had them shaved off. She is petite but always, always, always wears high heels to make herself seem not quite so short. Judging by the prince's dating history, his preferred physical type is tall, fair, women who do not suffer from anorexia. But the fact Letizia is clearly not happy with her natural state shows a lack of esteem that is especially worrisome.

It is gragic that Letizia is suffering from an eating disorder. I hope she finds the help she needs. It is a serious mental/ emotional illness an should be treated as such. Just because she exists in the public eye, it does not mean that this problem should be ignored. Just like Princess Diana suffered from anorexia and bulimia; it does not look attractive but more importantly, it is a physical manifestation of emotional anguish.

It is wonderful if Letizia truly has a beautiful mind and heart. I don't understand why we have to pretend that every princess is pretty, physically. External beauty is not very important, and since Felipe married Letizia instead of an attractive woman, it shows he his priorities are not about who is good-looking. He searched for other qualities in a wife, and I am proud of him for that. When i think of what qualities make an excellent queen, I think of characteristics like kindness, sound judgement, eloquence, humour, compassion, strong moral fiber and integrity. Being pretty truly does not matter to a princess.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

lacornemuse, you better get your facts straight. Letizia had her blond highlights long before dating Felipe and she looked blonder than now. Millions of women out there had blonde highlights or dye their hair blond, they don't do it to please any man. This board is not allowed to speculate eating disorders without any evidence, those posts will be deleted for sure.
Did you hear that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' ? Whatever you think doesn't change what others think or vice versa. Some people thought Diana was unattractive too, so what ? However if some silly women still think Letizia stole their dream prince, better wake up now and have a life.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Serene Highness

[quote=lacornemuse;908854]"She is petite but always, always, always wears high heels to make herself seem not quite so short."

I suppose it´s because she looks better next to his husdand and not because she feels bad for her height, which is quite the average, not like the royal family who are above the average for spanish people. So she´s not short at all, if you compare her in pictures with so many other people, including men.

"Judging by the prince's dating history, his preferred physical type is tall, fair, women who do not suffer from anorexia."

Well, she married not such a tall woman, so he and only HE can speak about his preferrences. And you cannot possibly assert so firmly that she did suffer from anorexia, a serious disorder that makes the patient move away from his daily duties. She´s had too healthy babies this last years, and has fulfilled her duties very well.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

" I don't understand why we have to pretend that every princess is pretty, physically."

You don´t have to pretend, you have to make your statements in a polite manner and never assumimg something you don´t have the least idea about.

"External beauty is not very important, and since Felipe married Letizia instead of an attractive woman, it shows he his priorities are not about who is good-looking."

You are contradicting yourself, beauty IS important for you and to such an extent that i don´t have another way to express this: you have made outrageous and racist remarks and i feel pitty for you.
I want to make very clear that i don´t mind whether my post is deleted, if the administrators consider this is off topic. I only wish the adreessee might read this. I am not even a fan of Letizia, i only come to this board from to time to time. But i feel indignant at what i consider disrespectful comments. I´m sorry to disagree, it´s not only about the eyes of the beholder. When the beholder does not show some respect, his statement is more an offence than an opinion.

[/quote]
Old 03-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacornemuse View Post
Judging by the prince's dating history, his preferred physical type is tall, fair, women who do not suffer from anorexia.

...It is gragic that Letizia is suffering from an eating disorder. I hope she finds the help she needs. It is a serious mental/ emotional illness an should be treated as such.
Just a simple question: where's your solid proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
You are contradicting yourself, beauty IS important for you and to such an extent that i don´t have another way to express this: you have made outrageous and racist remarks and i feel pitty for you.
To digress, though, lacornemuse has indeed made outrageous remarks, but it's not racist. The poster was tackling Letizia's physical apprearance, not the color of her skin or ethnicity. What is obvious for me is that the remarks were made in such a bold, convinced manner but are in fact baseless.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is Juan Carlos fed up of Letizia? Is that the translation?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

The translation is: "Juan Carlos hates Laetitia". The story is that a priest and friend of Juan Carlos died and they found some secret tapes where the priest speaks about things that Juan Carlos told him over many years. The priest betrayed him and wanted to write a book. The rumour is that Juan Carlos hates Laetitia and wanted to get rid of her. He further says that the king is the reason for Laetitias eating disorder and that the king had many affairs over the years.

These are just rumours but they were on German TV today. This is not my opinion, I just wanted to translate the story. But I really wonder if any of this is true?

Tags
letizia, princess of asturias