Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 12: March - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God, Could she be thinking in something that we don't know???:ermm::cool:

These pictures are extremely nice.

Hold a baby suit her a lot.:)

http://i31.tinypic.com/21o4ch.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/1ghxtj.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/bdqhj4.jpg:wub:

Maybe She is thinknig, "Definetly I want another one":lol::lol::D

What lovely pictures! The pictures of her with that baby are soooo sweet :wub: How cool it must be to be able to say: Princess Letizia held me in her arms! haha, maybe she's thinking that indeed Catango! She looks so good with a baby in her arms!

este fin de semana la revista EL PAÍS SEMANALtiene una entrevista exclusiva con la princesa de asturias y ella habla de su matrimonio,de las malas palabras que se dicen de ella ,de la reina etc.
this weekend the magazine EL PAÍS SEMANAL has an exclusive interview with the princess of Asturias and she speaks of her marriage, the bad words that are said of her, of the queen etc.

Letizia looks really good!!! I love her chanel jacket! it suits her very well!!

and it's great if the princess has given an interview!!!!i can't wait to read it!

An act of desperation? Oh for goodness sake! Why is it that every time this couple does something, which most Royals do I add, there's a sinister motive behind it?!

The only places where "silly" stories are circulating is on the net. Most of my Spanish friends have never even heard of half the things I read on this and other boards.

Exactly. Someone here seems to think Paloma Barrientos and Jaime Penafiel are the only two journalists in Spain. On being influential, these two are certainly not on the top of anyone's list.
The project started 3 months ago, it really has nothing to do with Telma. It probably has more to do with their 4th wedding anniversary, Letizia's own agenda and her role as the Princess consort. It reminds me of stories on Maxima's preparation to be the Princess, but not on the graphical images. El Pais is a serious newspaper, has nothing to do with the tabloids.
I also can't understand why a few posters here put so much importance on the relation between the Infantas (mainly Cristina) and Letizia. They don't appear to be good friends, but they are not enemies either. If they get along, fine, if they don't, big deal. In case of not being friends, when Felipe becomes King, the sisters won't be invited to sail on the Fortune, or get invited, won't show up, just ask Infanta Pilar or Infanta Margarita :lol:.

Last edited:
This thing about the Princess giving an interview is it true? Because as far as I know the SRF don't give interviews I think Prince Felipe has only given one when he turned 30 and that's it.

Exactly. Someone here seems to think Paloma Barrientos and Jaime Penafiel are the only two journalists in Spain. On being influential, these two are certainly not on the top of anyone's list.
The project started 3 months ago, it really has nothing to do with Telma. It probably has more to do with their 4th wedding anniversary, Letizia's own agenda and her role as the Princess consort. It reminds me of stories on Maxima's preparation to be the Princess, but not on the graphical images. El Pais is a serious newspaper, has nothing to do with the tabloids.
I also can't understand why a few posters here put so much importance on the relation between the Infantas (mainly Cristina) and Letizia. They don't appear to be good friends, but they are not enemies either. If they get along, fine, if they don't, big deal. In case of not being friends, when Felipe becomes King, the sisters won't be invited to sail on the Fortune, or get invited, won't show up, just ask Infanta Pilar or Infanta Margarita :lol:.

I agree with you, donnaK.

Also, can Barrientos and Penafiel even be considered journalists? :lol: Barrientos can't even get basic facts like Leonor's age correct in her numerous articles. In most places, she would fail Journalism 101.

Last edited:
Really every time I surprise more this type of press, now the bodyguards only are there for the press ... that yesterday there was a terrorists' murder it does not have any relation, because certainly the "press" of the gossip of this country is the center of the world.

Certainly, if this program of television had a minimum of decency it had covered the face of the bodyguards, because these persons are playing the life in their work.

Bearing in mind that this program of television is manipulative, harassing and a liar, I´n not strange of that they are not credited and that they do not allow them to do questions ... what they had made some time ago it is to fill it with denunciations.

This is as when they said that Thelma was discussing with a policeman in order that ihe was taking a fine from her, and hewas not appearing in image, precisely because he was not a policeman, was not taking uniform and above he was a photographer.

This "journalism" it supports the justice...:bang:

Some journalists outraged me, I would ask them if they are really proud of their work...

The drawing is not the one that corresponds to the news, seems that they have committed a mistake with the image that belongs to a news on a Dutch draftsman and his offenses to the Islam.

EPS narra la vida cotidiana de la princesa Letizia · ELPAÍS.com

EPS narrates the daily life of the princess Letizia

The commonness of the princess Letizia, since the alarm clock sounds at seven o'clock in the morning in the palace that occupies together with don Felipe in the complex of La Zarzuela, until she concludes the day loaded with commitments it is the topic of front page of El País Semanal of tomorrow. Along nine pages, the journalist Jesus Rodríguez tells how dona Letizia, to four years of her wedding with the inheritor of the wreath, has passed of being a star of the television to turning into a relaxed and happy, sure woman of herself, intelligent and simple into the treatment, that queen of Spain is overcoming successfully her preparation as future Queen os Spain.

Last edited:
It is the second time they offer an exclusive to EL Pais. The first was to conmemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias awards.

The King has never benefited one publication to another that is why EL Mundo and ABC are generally complaining as part of the elite press.

It is the second time they offer an exclusive to EL Pais. The first was to conmemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias awards.

The King has never benefited one publication to another that is why EL Mundo and ABC are generally complaining as part of the elite press.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

I believe that you cannot read, it is an article of El País newspaper, not an exclusive. They are two very different things. El País has decided to investigate and to do a good article, which is the problem?

It is not the first time that a newspaper or a magazine decide to do an article of this type, they have done them in many occasions. The information that they have is not different from the one that there have the journalists who are credited to follow the information of the Royal House. There are a group of journalists of newspapers and news of television, which do serious press, that follow the Royal Family in their official activities and in their trips, and that are near to them and they have access to a lot of information. If you read Almudena Martines Fornes in ABC, to Mari Angeles Alcazar in La Vanguardia or to Mabel Galaz in El País newspaper, you have often a vision different from the things, given by persons who yes are there every day doing a serious work.

Normally a newspaper or a magazine ask for permission to the Royal House and credits a not habitual journalist in order that it does during a period of time or during a trip, a follow-up of a member of the family. The magazine Tiempo, it did an article very similar to this one. Also there have been articles of magazines for women as Telva or Marie Claire in those who were accompanying the Princes in an official trip. Also I remember other one of the Queen in whom they were describing one of her humanitarian trips.

What happens is that to certain press they are this type of articles afraid, because they suggest their lies and manipulation. We are accustomed that there are certain journalists who speak about the Princess without knowing her really, they are persons who have crossed accidentally two words with her or not so at least it, which they do not come to the official acts, they bother to inform with persons that they know her really ... because the result probably would not be so profitable.

Last edited:
I understand it's not an interview but written by a journalist who went along with the Princess during the past months. So basically, many articles are written about the Princess' work but this one seems to be "exclusive" in the meaning that it has been authorized by the her and that she has agreed on publishing details about private issues and personal thoughts. Many "serious" papers probably stood in line to do something similar since it's the first time in 4 years that a paper got the consent of the royal house regarding the Princess. It's necessary that they do something like that, quite late actually, they should have done it much earlier and in a nicer climate.

I understand it's not an interview but written by a journalist who went along with the Princess during the past months. So basically, many articles are written about the Princess' work but this one seems to be "exclusive" in the meaning that it has been authorized by the her and that she has agreed on publishing details about private issues and personal thoughts. Many "serious" papers probably stood in line to do something similar since it's the first time in 4 years that a paper got the consent of the royal house regarding the Princess. It's necessary that they do something like that, quite late actually, they should have done it much earlier and in a nicer climate.

THIS HAS EXISTED ALWAYS.

Since I have explained, the normal thing is that the most important mass media have specific persons to follow the information of the Royal House, since they have them to cover the information of the President or of the Congress.

These persons are there always, and therefore their contact with the Royal Family is major. To part of the institutional information, they have access to another type of information, and it is habitaul that the members of the Royal Family or the personnel of the Royal House are done by it to them commentaries of all kinds. And there are for examples many commentaries that can do to them the princes or details that they can know, that turn out to be published in press. For example, Almudena Martínez Fornes correspondent of the ABC for the Royal Housewrites every week in a magazine of her newspaper a column where she give details of this type.

In occasions what is done, since it is this case, is that if a media has interest in a specific project, it is allowed to credit more persons. And what really does this journalist is to join in an article the information that other journalists already have and that has been reflected in their articles throughout the time.

Welcome Princess Ana to the wonderful world of "Let´s crushing/attacking to Letizia" . I've noticed that you are having fun spreading old gossips again and new ones like this.

:flowers:

I do not understand why you say this to me. I am very proud that a journalist became a princess. I studied at the same university as her and I love the idea of it.

But in the conmemoration of the 25th Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias Awards they offered an exclusive interview and I found it really interesting, specially the pictures of the Prince's house. There was no gossip, El Pais offered a serious interview.

I will love to read the 2nd exclusive interview as I receive EL Pais in the office.

Last edited:
I will love to read the 2nd exclusive interview as I receive EL Pais in the office.

Since I am sorry to disillusion you, because tomorrow you will see that it is an article and not an exclusive interview :lol::lol::lol:

THIS HAS EXISTED ALWAYS.

Since I have explained, the normal thing is that the most important mass media have specific persons to follow the information of the Royal House, since they have them to cover the information of the President or of the Congress.

These persons are there always, and therefore their contact with the Royal Family is major. To part of the institutional information, they have access to another type of information, and it is habitaul that the members of the Royal Family or the personnel of the Royal House are done by it to them commentaries of all kinds. And there are for examples many commentaries that can do to them the princes or details that they can know, that turn out to be published in press. For example, Almudena Martínez Fornes correspondent of the ABC for the Royal Housewrites every week in a magazine of her newspaper a column where she give details of this type.

Sounds like the same thing as a "Royal Corrospondent"?

In occasions what is done, since it is this case, is that if a media has interest in a specific project, it is allowed to credit more persons. And what really does this journalist is to join in an article the information that other journalists already have and that has been reflected in their articles throughout the time.

I get your point but I believe it's the first time that such a project regarding the Princess is being conducted in such a way, naming it "Princess' Diaries" with EPS devoting a cover story. By the way I thought that El Pais' printed advert for this special editon was not very "serious-press-like" - did they need to do one at all - this "la conoces" with Letizia's celebrity style picture. But it's probably me that I don't get the irony behind it.

It is not ironic, it is suppose to open interrogants about her as a person because she has never made her diaries open to be public. El Pais is purely elitist and it is the 2nd time that the Princess offers an exclusive interview. It should be similar to the first.

Duke, to the wait of what I will read tomorrow, believe the title it answers to an intelligent irony. I believe for many people she is a great stranger, there are determined persons who have wanted to create a personage on her, but the reality of like she is or of what she does it is unknown enough.

These are some examples of articles in the same line.

April 2008 Tiempo
Tiempo

May 2005 One day in the life of Letizia
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: Reportaje de Tiempo- sobre el día a día de la princesa en mayo 2005

Visit to Mallorca
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: Viaje oficial a Mallorca revista Marie Claire

video from Telecinco

Princess Letizia´s bodyguards
I should take popcorn if I want to see it again. It's better than Bond :ROFLMAO:

Manipulation...
Why they doesn't showed what happened during this woman first scream?
This woman (sorry I don't use the word of jurnalist in her case) her behavior looks more like madwoman than someone normal.

Welcome Princess Ana to the wonderful world of "Let´s crushing/attacking to Letizia" . I've noticed that you are having fun spreading old gossips again and new ones like this.

:flowers:

Actually the old gossips had all been discussed in the old threads if Princess Ana simply could take some time to read them :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom