The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Courtier

She is such a lovely, caring woman. You can tell she is not acting. She truly cares, and shows her real feelings towards everyone. She looks gorgeous in her suit.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Majesty

she looked excellent! i always loved her jacket, and the coat is gorgeous. the more i see her haircut, the more i like it.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Nobility

glad to seee her doing solo events!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

That's a great event for Letizia to do on her own! Especially such demanding occasions, when meeting with disabled or disadvantaged people, bring out her true potential. She looks very affectionate and warm, not awkward at all, and actually more at ease or comfortable as when being on her usual duty in Felipe's shadow.

Regarding her hair I agree with carlota. When having a look at her last three daytime events I thought Letizia looked great since she actually did do some styling. However, for me this only applies to casual events. On both gala occasions, pasua militar and King's birthday, I thought she looked very old and matronly, not only thanks to her dresses but also to the new hairstyle.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Commoner

I love this coat. The coat seems to have brought her a kind of liveliness, elegance.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i noticed that in this engagement Letizia really seemed to enjoy what she was doing. sometimes she can have this vacant look like she might not want to be there at some enagagements but on this solo outing she seemed happy and looked as if she felt she was doing some good

Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
La embajada de España en Alemania ha trasladado a la revista Bünte quejas por sus informaciones sobre la princesa Letizia / Monarquia Confidential
I if understood correctly (by using a net translator), the Embassy of Spain in Germany has negotiated with the german magazine Bunte, which has written ugly stories about the princess. The Embassy tries to stop these false stories.
Not a chance!
Nobody can stop the gossip magazine.. no matter from which country.
Letizia will forever be in their focus as the "poor Princess with anorexia", Mary will always stay the "divorcing and so unhappy" and Mette-Marit and Maxima are the "constantly pregnant".
One gets really used to that.
I cannot understand why some people still hope that the gossip magazines will stop telling false stories once..
me on their (the Princesses) position, would not care at all.

apart from this:
Wonderful to see Letizia working solo again! She looks so happy.
She deserves to have her own engagements!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix View Post
Not a chance!
Nobody can stop the gossip magazine.. no matter from which country.
Letizia will forever be in their focus as the "poor Princess with anorexia", Mary will always stay the "divorcing and so unhappy" and Mette-Marit and Maxima are the "constantly pregnant".
One gets really used to that.
I cannot understand why some people still hope that the gossip magazines will stop telling false stories once..
me on their (the Princesses) position, would not care at all.
They only complained to Bunte, I doubt they care much about other lower rated small tabloids.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am abit surprised here. There was an article in Bunte (online version) and in GALA (print) about Letizia looking very skinny and unhealthy. It came up after the phillipine gala event where she did not look great indeed. Both articles were not nasty though, only the usual speculation that she will never get rid of, imo, unless she will gain some weight. During the last months Bunte (print) had some articles focused on Letizia but they were all very positive, almost sugary. I remember the last two ones, one praised her as the people's princess and saviour of the spanish monarchy after JC got attacked by some republicans and the other one praised her beauty and how happy she is, after the romanian gala event. In Bunte's recent issue (from last Thursday and therefore dated after the complaint) there is another article, this time quite critical about her skinny looks, maybe some kind of statement on the freedom of speech I find Zarzuela's complaint a bit strange since, as mentioned above, it's the usual blah blah and if they complain at Bunte they could as well complain at GALA or all other german tabloid magazines. What about making better use of their time instead and complain about the spanish paparazzi who are harrassing Carla Vigo Ortiz. That would be much more useful.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Courtier

I actually like her outfit in here and you can see that she's really happy. Glad to see her doing more solo events. I think that her hair is better when doing these kind of events as opposed to gala events when she need to pin her hair up for a more formal look. Nevertheless, I'm happy that she's doing solo now.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

In case this information is serious (it is not anything confirmed), is not only a question of Zarzuela, they do not control the embassies .... and we do not also know in that moment this protest would have been realized. But they have the right to demand to a publication, that it is serious and it does not publish things that are not true. It is not the first time for that diplomatic route asks itself that there should be corrected an information that is not true. On the other hand, this one is serious enough topic, first because they extend rumors on the health of a person (the more intimate thing that can exist), and second because nowadays the nourishing disorders are a serious problem in many societies and to be necessary to demand that someone is not in use to for being frivolous with it and to do business.

In Spain they stop the feet, more of once, but it they lasts a few months and later they return to do the same thing. One of last case has been the separation of the Infanta Elena, from Zarzuela it was required to the press to put brake on the daily harassment, specially on the harassment on the children, and this pressure has descended very much. Also the King has stopped the feet in gossips on him.

For once it is necessary to be glad that they defend the Princess, because till now she and her family have been the most unprotected. I believe that the King or his advisers have realized late of what is a certain press nowadays, and Letizia has paid it ... probably they were thinking that while the press was doing business with her, the rest of the Royal Family was free.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia has been shopping today:
Hola/La princesa Letizia se va de compras por Madrid
Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Speculations about the new pregnancy of Letizia:
Quemedices/Letizia, toca embarazo
Old 01-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Really they are not especualciones only they play at guessing the future.
Only they say that how Letizia remained a pregnant woman 10 months after Leonor's birth, probably in frebrero she should return to remain a pregnant woman. It is to say an absurd speculation to create a news and to sell. Even later they write that it is slightly probable because she has had two very followed c-sections.

It is a silly yellow magazine
Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:

According to this article,Letizia want to wait for a third pregnancy.
Two followed caesareans and two complicated pregnancies delay, surely, the arrival of a third son.

The article also say that Letizia is a protective mother who does not want that any information about Sofia and Leonor transcends to the press and that Thelma is often in Zarzuela learning to change nappy.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
The article also say that Letizia is a protective mother who does not want that any information about Sofia and Leonor transcends to the press and that Thelma is often in Zarzuela learning to change nappy.
wow...that's a unique way to bond with your sister. over diapers.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

LaNuevaEspanja/La Princesa, presidenta de honor del Europeo de Oviedo
Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Nobility

What does this mean?
Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
What does this mean?
The Princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz, accepted the presidency of honor of Europa's absolute Championship of roller hockey that will celebrate in Oviedo from 21 to 26 of next July.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia se ganó el corazón de la Reina/Vanidades
The writer of queen Sophia´s biography, Pilar Urbano, tells about the relationship between the Queen and princess Letizia.
What´s in this story? That Letizia and the Queen are very close, but what else?

Closed Thread