Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 10: September - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry so much. It is okay to comment on the way Letizia addresses her husband. Personally, I think it is kind of tacky but nonetheless the protocol, so it is the way it goes. I have never heard Maxima refer to her husband as the prince--maybe as her husband--maybe I'm wrong--I'm sure I am and many will point that out. Happy posting! Cheers!

Why not it could be like that in Spain? Very interesting discussion. Answer : because in Spain it's like that!
Why in Spain the official opening of the Parliement isn't done by the Kings and the Princes of Asrurias in Great Uniform, Gown and decorations whith cab and horses and "valets a la française" as in Neederland, because it's like that!

Happy posting! Cheers! :coach::coach::curtsey::curtsey:

Why not it could be like that in Spain? Very interesting discussion. Answer : because in Spain it's like that!
Why in Spain the official opening of the Parliement isn't done by the Kings and the Princes of Asrurias in Great Uniform, Gown and decorations whith cab and horses and "valets a la française" as in Neederland, because it's like that!

Happy posting! Cheers! :coach::coach::curtsey::curtsey:

Nonetheless tacky and outdated, but, as you said it, it's like that, and there is nothing anyone can do. Agree 100%.

I have heard many interviews of Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf. Queen Silvia always says "The King" (or "Kungen" in Swedish) about king Carl Gustaf. And king Carl Gustaf always says "The Queen" (or "Drottningen" in Swedish) while referring to his wife. So I don´t wonder at all that Princess Letizia says "The Prince" while speaking about her husband in public.

I can't stand it when people say “my husband” all the time; to me it sounds like ownership. Protocol not withstanding, I much prefer her using his title. Anyway, she has a beautiful voice and it reminds me of Penelope Cruz's, except Letizia's diction is far superior of course. I guess the court has read the critics from this board because it seems that they are gradually increasing her solo engaments. That should make us all happy!

I can't stand it when people say “my husband” all the time; to me it sounds like ownership. Protocol not withstanding, I much prefer her using his title. Anyway, she has a beautiful voice and it reminds me of Penelope Cruz's, except Letizia's diction is far superior of course. I guess the court has read the critics from this board because it seems that they are gradually increasing her solo engaments. That should make us all happy!

I'm not sure that the Royal House - not the court because it don't exist in Spain - needs to read a forum to organize the planification of the Princess of Asturias 's work. It's absolutly obvious that all the jobs done by the Princess alone correspond to a very well thaught plan to give her slowly but surly her own fields of activity whithout any improvisation, isen't it?:angel:

I'm not sure that the Royal House - not the court because it don't exist in Spain - needs to read a forum to organize the planification of the Princess of Asturias 's work. It's absolutly obvious that all the jobs done by the Princess alone correspond to a very well thaught plan to give her slowly but surly her own fields of activity whithout any improvisation, isen't it?:angel:
I was being a bit factitious and completely ignorant of the fact that the SRF did not have a court. It goes to show how much I know:bang: :lol:.

We get to see more of her, whatever the reason. That works for me!

Princess Letizia figure made in choclate. Done by Galleros Artesanos in Rute, Cordoba, south of Spain, the sweet sculpture weighs 320 kg and took 2 craftmen three moths to do it.

http://i2.tinypic.com/7xyaa2a.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/81ouxcz.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/6ouc9c1.jpg

Thanks for these pics lula. What an effort. I wonder who will eat it? And on a fashion note, they obviously chose Letizia's best outfit ever for her chocolate ego, the red Caprile killer dress from the Danish wedding :lol:

This chocolate version of Letizia is very well done.
The Japanese made a giant chocolate sculpture of David Beckham in 2002 or 2003, here´s a photo of Beckham and the chocolate version in Tokyo:
ANP Beeldbank

This chocolate version of Letizia is very well done.
The Japanese made a giant chocolate sculpture of David Beckham in 2002 or 2003, here´s a photo of Beckham and the chocolate version in Tokyo:
ANP Beeldbank
When I see pics like that I don't know if I'm admirative or angry:D
Can you imagine eating Beckham... Harro upon the fantasms!

A senior official of La Zarzuela has been appointed specifically to address the issues and agenda Princess Letizia

Within the organizational structure of La Zarzuela, Princess of Asturias is assisted by a senior member of the House appointed specifically to deal with their affairs and their agenda.
According to information obtained by The Digital Confidential sources close to La Zarzuela, the person designated to deal more directly with Letizia Ortiz is Jose Manuel de Zuleta and Alejandro, cavalry officer and the Duke of Abrantes.

El Confidencial Digital

A senior official of La Zarzuela has been appointed specifically to address the issues and agenda Princess Letizia

Within the organizational structure of La Zarzuela, Princess of Asturias is assisted by a senior member of the House appointed specifically to deal with their affairs and their agenda.
According to information obtained by The Digital Confidential sources close to La Zarzuela, the person designated to deal more directly with Letizia Ortiz is Jose Manuel de Zuleta and Alejandro, cavalry officer and the Duke of Abrantes.

El Confidencial Digital

Many thanks for the information which is, as you know, a little bit old.

It's very astonished to see media as El Confidential Digital To give informations yes gived six months ahead. Let us remember, immediately after the Sofia's bith, this information was yet publishing. In some thread, I don't remeber which, we were speaking about that, in particular about the fact that it was not a woman but a man choosen to help the Princess of Asturias.

May be, in this time, journalits don't have many things to tell about the Princess of Asturias, who knows?

But Fanletizia, many thanks again to share this information.:flowers:

Good News, beacuse that means that Princess Letizia will be a very full agenda from now!

that's strange. this information was already going around some months ago and was then denied by zarzuela. we will see if it's true if letizia's agenda increases.

Doña Letizia will be named "Daughter Adoptiva" of Ribadesella

The Princess of Asturias will be named "Daughter Adoptiva" of Ribadesella in an event to be held in the Asturian town next December 5, official sources told Efe. Doña Letizia, who will accompany the Prince of Asturias, will receive this honorary title of the hands of the mayor of Ribadesella, Ramon Channel Shooter, representing the Asturian town where the Princess spent the summer holidays with his family.

The act of surrender will take place at the Municipal House of Culture of Ribadesella and is also expected to Princes open the seafront that is called Princess Letizia. The paternal grandmother of Doña Letizia, Menchu Alvarez del Valle, lies in Sardéu, small town council of Ribadesella, where the Princess is still going with her husband to enjoy the land of Asturias.

Doña Letizia será nombrada "Hija Adoptiva" de Ribadesella - Gente - www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com

Doña Letizia will be named "Daughter Adoptiva" of Ribadesella

The Princess of Asturias will be named "Daughter Adoptiva" of Ribadesella in an event to be held in the Asturian town next December 5, official sources told Efe. Doña Letizia, who will accompany the Prince of Asturias, will receive this honorary title of the hands of the mayor of Ribadesella, Ramon Channel Shooter, representing the Asturian town where the Princess spent the summer holidays with his family.

The act of surrender will take place at the Municipal House of Culture of Ribadesella and is also expected to Princes open the seafront that is called Princess Letizia. The paternal grandmother of Doña Letizia, Menchu Alvarez del Valle, lies in Sardéu, small town council of Ribadesella, where the Princess is still going with her husband to enjoy the land of Asturias.

Doña Letizia será nombrada "Hija Adoptiva" de Ribadesella - Gente - www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com

Many thanks, Fanletizia, for the news. I read in other forums that may be the Princes could be here with their daughters to show them - at least for Leonor - the beloved country of their mother. The idea would be possible for some people because in Spain Ther is hollidays the 6, 7, 8 december. But as the 5 th dember morning the Princes have an eveny in Gijon, it seems a little bit audacious to think that the Princes would go with theirs two little girls.

But : expectative!...:angel::wub:

that's strange. this information was already going around some months ago and was then denied by zarzuela. we will see if it's true if letizia's agenda increases.

First you are right, this news was yet done just after the Sofia birth. Then don't you find that the Letizia's agenda is increasing?:flowers:

Does the Spanish Royal family have patronages like the other royal courts? It seems to me that it would be an excellent way for Letizia to gain more and more solo engagements, and hopefully it would give her something that interests her to focus on.

Does the Spanish Royal family have patronages like the other royal courts? It seems to me that it would be an excellent way for Letizia to gain more and more solo engagements, and hopefully it would give her something that interests her to focus on.

not as such. the prince of asturias is obviously in charge of the prince of asturias awards activities, and the queen in charge of the activities for the queen sofia spanish institute or the alzheimer foundation, but there are no patronages as such. they "patronage" the foundations they create, basically, and have "interests" (letizia is taking up activities of childhood and culture), so are likely to take on activities related with the area.

although they don't patronage things, we can see them attending some events every year (handind out prices, for example), which is basically (with some differences though) what royal courts with patronages do.

This is not a news, Jose Manuel de Zuleta y Alejandro was already seen with Letizia at acts.

Oh really?, I didn´t seen him. There are some pic of Princess with Jose Manuel?

YouTube - Princess Letizia - Favorite Daughter of Oviedo 2

I watched this video at youtube and something struck me.. She reads her speech up like she's still on the news, especially in the middle when she says "bla bla bla bla .... en esta cidudad". It's a bit strange I think .. I guess she hasn't gotten used to the speeches in her new role.

Thanks Paty because you are giving matter to discuss whithout give an advice difficult to interprate. I'm admiring all the work you are doing for that people could say what they think, it's very sympathetic.

She is very serious at her speech. The thing i like about her is that she sometimes still is the journalist. She is probably always interested in everything hapening in the world. It must be difficult for a woman like her to be in the shade of her husband.

But at the same time i admire here for the way she does her work. She has her own style. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom