Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 10: September - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it is very normal. He also refers to her as the Princess. As well as he refers to his parents as the Kings. :) you know, protocol. :flowers:

It is strange that she calls her husband "the Prince". Maybe Don Filipe but the Prince is really strange. The speach was very short

it's not strange, it's the protocolar way of addressing other member of the family. the queen refers to the king as "the king" in her speeches and so do the other family members or felipe himself ("the princess"), or any other royal family.

It was not a very long speech, but definitely not a short one. Well, people might get really hungry if any longer :). Videos and TV programs didn't air the whole speech.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/689755-post121.html

The speech is a speech very correct and no need to be long to be a good speech but ... Donnak, we all know already Bioquinhas and her/his eagerness to criticize any details of spanish royal family, especially princess Letizia.

It is strange that she calls her husband "the Prince". Maybe Don Filipe but the Prince is really strange. The speach was very short

The proper way to refer to anyone - including family - is to use the title and name that the audience is to use - hence the use of the Prince is correct.

The speech is a speech very correct and no need to be long to be a good speech but ... Donnak, we all know already Bioquinhas and her/his eagerness to criticize any details of spanish royal family, especially princess Letizia.

Why would anyone waste her/his time reading and posting messages about someone she/he dislikes so much?

Why would anyone waste her/his time reading and posting messages about someone she/he dislikes so much?

Chuchu,that is a mystery unsolved:rolleyes:...anyway you should ask it to she/he;)

I suppose that when you doesn't like someone, you tries to know more about her(him, just to see if your dislikeness still is justificate. You may always chance your advice about a person reading about her/him...Or simply trying to understand why some persons just loves to death, the person you doesn't like. :D

This is what I do. The fact I wouldn't like an historical character wouldn't mean I wouldn't read a book about him/her. Learning more and more is a way of growing up. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Chuchu,that is a mystery unsolved:rolleyes:...anyway you should ask it to she/he;)

It's a mystery for slnce a while but I has stoped to ask me why because I fear for the answer....!:angel:

Every body who is paying attention a litlle about the spanish protocolar rules knows that when Felipe is referred to his wife in public he said " the Princess" and when Letizia has to speak about her husband in Punlic she has to said " the Prince" . More this point, a detail (!!!!) was one of the most difficult for her to accept until it become a true macanism. The yellow press was very critizing to her for that. But it's true, the protocol is the protocol exactly as the uses are the uses;)

chuchu said:

THANK YOU CHUCHU! :lol: OMG If only everyone tought the same. I just don't get those kind of people who only enter the forum read everything about the person they most deslike and post things only to criticize, I mean.. don't they have anything better to do?. That is such a stupid and inmature attitude, that I will NEVER understand.

That really is the 1 million dollar question chuchu. :flowers:

I suppose that when you doesn't like someone, you tries to know more about her(him, just to see if your dislikeness still is justificate. You may always chance your advice about a person reading about her/him...Or simply trying to understand why some persons just loves to death, the person you doesn't like. :D

This is what I do. The fact I wouldn't like an historical character wouldn't mean I wouldn't read a book about him/her. Learning more and more is a way of growing up.

it couldn't have been better said than what vanessa said. i guess it may seem ilogical to check for news on someone you dislike, but some people do that to learn more about it and see if there is something they don't know about that person that may make them change their opinion. there's nothing wrong with that. some people like to learn the reasons behind other's opinions. say, for example, that i don't like princess maxima (just an example, i actually like her very much!), i may like to go into her forum and check why others like her or learn a bit more about her and what she does in order to form a more solid opinion for myself.

it couldn't have been better said than what vanessa said. i guess it may seem ilogical to check for news on someone you dislike, but some people do that to learn more about it and see if there is something they don't know about that person that may make them change their opinion. there's nothing wrong with that. some people like to learn the reasons behind other's opinions. say, for example, that i don't like princess maxima (just an example, i actually like her very much!), i may like to go into her forum and check why others like her or learn a bit more about her and what she does in order to form a more solid opinion for myself.

Your theory makes sense but I do not agree at all with you carlota.Here people can say if they like something or not but bioquinhas is different, I see in her/his a person a little obsessed, negative excess ... This should not be healthy....

Last edited:

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be a case here. It does not seem like trying to learn about he person but rather criticizing, albeit not constructively, anything that person does or does not do.

Her speech is really nice but her skirt :eek: too much design IMO. Her voice is lovely. Our prayers are answered since she's having more solo events now. ;) Good for her.

The proper way to refer to anyone - including family - is to use the title and name that the audience is to use - hence the use of the Prince is correct.
O.K I know it is protocol but to me it is very strage has they are husband and wife and as we are such a develop countries that don't treat Royals the same way has in the 13 century where kings and qeens rule the world!

O.K I know it is protocol but to me it is very strage has they are husband and wife and as we are such a develop countries that don't treat Royals the same way has in the 13 century where kings and qeens rule the world!

The Middle Age and the Protocol have nothing to do with the fact in an official ceremony a man is calling his wife by her title and the opposite. It's only a question of of civil agreement. Civil agreement is not a ridiculous exchange when you are making a reference to a precise order of a society. It's true, may be it's you who is right and Felipe could call his wife in his speech by " Leti" and Letizia has to ask in her speech for her husband by" Fil"! It's more up to date, isen't it?:angel:

The Middle Age and the Protocol have nothing to do with the fact in an official ceremony a man is calling his wife by her title and the opposite. It's only a question of of civil agreement. Civil agreement is not a ridiculous exchange when you are making a reference to a precise order of a society. It's true, may be it's you who is right and Felipe could call his wife in his speech by " Leti" and Letizia has to ask in her speech for her husband by" Fil"! It's more up to date, isen't it?:angel:

Oh God no, please let them stick to the civil agreement of calling eachother the prince, and the princess. Can you imagine they start refering to each other with the pet names they call eachother. Letizia calling Felipe, bombon, and Felipe calling letizia some other cute name. That would be utterly cute but totally wrong. It is still an official ceremony, let's not forget about that.

Your theory makes sense but I do not agree at all with you carlota.Here people can say if they like something or not but bioquinhas is different, I see in her/his a person a little obsessed, negative excess ... This should not be healthy....

i thought personal attacks were NOT ALLOWED here. trf exist to post your opinion. biboqunhas has the right to criticize whatever she wishes as long she respect the rules ok?

It's a mystery for slnce a while but I has stoped to ask me why because I fear for the answer....!:angel:

Every body who is paying attention a litlle about the spanish protocolar rules knows that when Felipe is referred to his wife in public he said " the Princess" and when Letizia has to speak about her husband in Punlic she has to said " the Prince" . More this point, a detail (!!!!) was one of the most difficult for her to accept until it become a true macanism. The yellow press was very critizing to her for that. But it's true, the protocol is the protocol exactly as the uses are the uses;)

Youve said it well. Id like to add aomething though, this does not only exist in royalty, but when a prince is referring to a Pm say the prime minister or when someone is referring in public to a military person they would call him with his title ex commander in chief. its onlu out of respect you call by title even if they are a couple:flowers:

To me, besides protocol, Letizia calling Felipe, Prince in public is respect ;)

i thought personal attacks were NOT ALLOWED here. trf exist to post your opinion. biboqunhas has the right to criticize whatever she wishes as long she respect the rules ok?

NO, it is not ok.
Many people are tired of that person create negativity in this forum ok? And I express my opinion as she/he express her/his constant UNPLEASANT opinions.And I will continue to express my views when i not agree with something.
Personal attaks are not allowed but continuous attacks to a person who can not defend herself are allowed?...

O.K. Back to the topic, I've hope to se Letizia on more solo engagements.

THANK YOU CHUCHU! :lol: OMG If only everyone tought the same. I just don't get those kind of people who only enter the forum read everything about the person they most deslike and post things only to criticize, I mean.. don't they have anything better to do?. That is such a stupid and inmature attitude, that I will NEVER understand.

That really is the 1 million dollar question chuchu. :flowers:

I am like you I get really tired of the same old thing over and over. If you dislike someone so much go to another thread about a CP that you do like. Give us that like her a break from listening to the same thing for a while.

NO, it is not ok.
Many people are tired of that person create negativity in this forum ok? And I express my opinion as she/he express her/his constant UNPLEASANT opinions.And I will continue to express my views when i not agree with something.
Personal attaks are not allowed but continuous attacks to a person who can not defend herself are allowed?...

continuous attacks to a member on the forum isnt allowed. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion's:)

Lula, do you k now if Letizia will have any solo events when returning from China ?

I don't think different opinions are not allowed here, but a certain poster's posts often appeared clueless, that bugs some people. Nobody had any issues when JC and Sofia addressed each other as 'the King' and 'the Queen' in the official speeches, even when they talked to the reporters, why would it be any different for Felipe and Letizia ?

I have hear Letizia speeche and I find very intrigate that she calls her husband "the Prince" and has I told before I know it is protocol but I'am entitle to have my own opinion and please let me clarify I'am not critizing Letizia I'am giving my own opinion has everyone else. So we cannot say negative things here?? Only positive things??? Have you already go through my other messages and read them carrefully? nO you havent' because if you had you can all see that I say good and positive things regarding Letizia when I feel so!
this should be a PM - sorry

Lula, do you k now if Letizia will have any solo events when returning from China ?

For the present time there is no news of any more acts. The agendas are publicized every Friday of official form, before some information can appear in the press, but I have not read anything for the present.

What it has been commented in local press of Asturias is that on December 5 the Princess will receive the Title of Adopted daughter of Ribadesella (the village where her grandmother lives), but there is no official confirmation, and though the protagonist is she, surely also the Prince will go.

i hardly think referring to someone by their title is doing it in the same way as they did in the 13th century. it's mere respect. just as if you go to a formal meeting, a person speaking about you to someone else - let's say your name is john smith - won't say "john is glad to be here" to the person he is addressing but rather "mr smith is glad to be here". in this case, the titles of felipe and letizia happen to be prince and princess of asturias, and therefore they addressed each other and are addressed by others as such. it's not a thing they do only in spain: the prince and princess of denmark will be most probably referred to as such when attending activities rather than frederik and mary and wouldn't say (not at all!) "frederik/mary is sorry he/she couldn't come to the meeting". that would be totally inappropriate and informal, something they may say in private to their friends.

just wanted to add that activities are now generally announced sooner the time. if there are any activities for the next days, we should know by the end of their trip to china.

Originally Posted by Aquarela

i doubt referring to someone's comments as negative or obsessive can be qualified as "personal attacks" at all.

O.K. Back to the topic, I've hope to se Letizia on more solo engagements.

yes! it looks like she is getting more and more during these days! i'm qutie glad and hope they schedule more for her alone.

What it would be good it's to analyse a little the work that the Princess is doing since she is becoming to have her own agenda, i.e since the first one which was an inauguration of children school.

We can noticed the important increasement of her acts, it's not only to make symbolic inauguration of school and so on, but it's also a more important tasks which can have an true impact, if this acts are done regarding a precise aim those, for example, to give to the youth a dynamic vision of the Crown Princes by their intervention in the fields concerning the children, the youth, and all that can give the sensation that the Crown Princes are very involved in the futur of their country and the people of Spain.

May be it could be to have some details about the reactions of spanish medias - not the pink one- and some others chroniquors.

I have hear Letizia speeche and I find very intrigate that she calls her husband "the Prince" and has I told before I know it is protocol but I'am entitle to have my own opinion and please let me clarify I'am not critizing Letizia I'am giving my own opinion has everyone else. So we cannot say negative things here?? Only positive things??? Have you already go through my other messages and read them carrefully? nO you havent' because if you had you can all see that I say good and positive things regarding Letizia when I feel so!
this should be a PM - sorry

Don't worry so much. It is okay to comment on the way Letizia addresses her husband. Personally, I think it is kind of tacky but nonetheless the protocol, so it is the way it goes. I have never heard Maxima refer to her husband as the prince--maybe as her husband--maybe I'm wrong--I'm sure I am and many will point that out. Happy posting! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom