The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
i thought personal attacks were NOT ALLOWED here. trf exist to post your opinion. biboqunhas has the right to criticize whatever she wishes as long she respect the rules ok?

NO, it is not ok.
Many people are tired of that person create negativity in this forum ok? And I express my opinion as she/he express her/his constant UNPLEASANT opinions.And I will continue to express my views when i not agree with something.
Personal attaks are not allowed but continuous attacks to a person who can not defend herself are allowed?...

Old 11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

O.K. Back to the topic, I've hope to se Letizia on more solo engagements.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
THANK YOU CHUCHU! OMG If only everyone tought the same. I just don't get those kind of people who only enter the forum read everything about the person they most deslike and post things only to criticize, I mean.. don't they have anything better to do?. That is such a stupid and inmature attitude, that I will NEVER understand.

That really is the 1 million dollar question chuchu.
I am like you I get really tired of the same old thing over and over. If you dislike someone so much go to another thread about a CP that you do like. Give us that like her a break from listening to the same thing for a while.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
NO, it is not ok.
Many people are tired of that person create negativity in this forum ok? And I express my opinion as she/he express her/his constant UNPLEASANT opinions.And I will continue to express my views when i not agree with something.
Personal attaks are not allowed but continuous attacks to a person who can not defend herself are allowed?...
continuous attacks to a member on the forum isnt allowed. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion's

Lula, do you k now if Letizia will have any solo events when returning from China ?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think different opinions are not allowed here, but a certain poster's posts often appeared clueless, that bugs some people. Nobody had any issues when JC and Sofia addressed each other as 'the King' and 'the Queen' in the official speeches, even when they talked to the reporters, why would it be any different for Felipe and Letizia ?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have hear Letizia speeche and I find very intrigate that she calls her husband "the Prince" and has I told before I know it is protocol but I'am entitle to have my own opinion and please let me clarify I'am not critizing Letizia I'am giving my own opinion has everyone else. So we cannot say negative things here?? Only positive things??? Have you already go through my other messages and read them carrefully? nO you havent' because if you had you can all see that I say good and positive things regarding Letizia when I feel so!
this should be a PM - sorry
Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Lula, do you k now if Letizia will have any solo events when returning from China ?
For the present time there is no news of any more acts. The agendas are publicized every Friday of official form, before some information can appear in the press, but I have not read anything for the present.

What it has been commented in local press of Asturias is that on December 5 the Princess will receive the Title of Adopted daughter of Ribadesella (the village where her grandmother lives), but there is no official confirmation, and though the protagonist is she, surely also the Prince will go.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
O.K I know it is protocol but to me it is very strage has they are husband and wife and as we are such a develop countries that don't treat Royals the same way has in the 13 century where kings and qeens rule the world!
i hardly think referring to someone by their title is doing it in the same way as they did in the 13th century. it's mere respect. just as if you go to a formal meeting, a person speaking about you to someone else - let's say your name is john smith - won't say "john is glad to be here" to the person he is addressing but rather "mr smith is glad to be here". in this case, the titles of felipe and letizia happen to be prince and princess of asturias, and therefore they addressed each other and are addressed by others as such. it's not a thing they do only in spain: the prince and princess of denmark will be most probably referred to as such when attending activities rather than frederik and mary and wouldn't say (not at all!) "frederik/mary is sorry he/she couldn't come to the meeting". that would be totally inappropriate and informal, something they may say in private to their friends.

Quote:

just wanted to add that activities are now generally announced sooner the time. if there are any activities for the next days, we should know by the end of their trip to china.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarela
i thought personal attacks were NOT ALLOWED here. trf exist to post your opinion. biboqunhas has the right to criticize whatever she wishes as long she respect the rules ok?
i doubt referring to someone's comments as negative or obsessive can be qualified as "personal attacks" at all.

Quote:
O.K. Back to the topic, I've hope to se Letizia on more solo engagements.
yes! it looks like she is getting more and more during these days! i'm qutie glad and hope they schedule more for her alone.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

What it would be good it's to analyse a little the work that the Princess is doing since she is becoming to have her own agenda, i.e since the first one which was an inauguration of children school.

We can noticed the important increasement of her acts, it's not only to make symbolic inauguration of school and so on, but it's also a more important tasks which can have an true impact, if this acts are done regarding a precise aim those, for example, to give to the youth a dynamic vision of the Crown Princes by their intervention in the fields concerning the children, the youth, and all that can give the sensation that the Crown Princes are very involved in the futur of their country and the people of Spain.

May be it could be to have some details about the reactions of spanish medias - not the pink one- and some others chroniquors.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I have hear Letizia speeche and I find very intrigate that she calls her husband "the Prince" and has I told before I know it is protocol but I'am entitle to have my own opinion and please let me clarify I'am not critizing Letizia I'am giving my own opinion has everyone else. So we cannot say negative things here?? Only positive things??? Have you already go through my other messages and read them carrefully? nO you havent' because if you had you can all see that I say good and positive things regarding Letizia when I feel so!
this should be a PM - sorry

Don't worry so much. It is okay to comment on the way Letizia addresses her husband. Personally, I think it is kind of tacky but nonetheless the protocol, so it is the way it goes. I have never heard Maxima refer to her husband as the prince--maybe as her husband--maybe I'm wrong--I'm sure I am and many will point that out. Happy posting! Cheers!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Don't worry so much. It is okay to comment on the way Letizia addresses her husband. Personally, I think it is kind of tacky but nonetheless the protocol, so it is the way it goes. I have never heard Maxima refer to her husband as the prince--maybe as her husband--maybe I'm wrong--I'm sure I am and many will point that out. Happy posting! Cheers!

Why not it could be like that in Spain? Very interesting discussion. Answer : because in Spain it's like that!
Why in Spain the official opening of the Parliement isn't done by the Kings and the Princes of Asrurias in Great Uniform, Gown and decorations whith cab and horses and "valets a la française" as in Neederland, because it's like that!

Happy posting! Cheers!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Why not it could be like that in Spain? Very interesting discussion. Answer : because in Spain it's like that!
Why in Spain the official opening of the Parliement isn't done by the Kings and the Princes of Asrurias in Great Uniform, Gown and decorations whith cab and horses and "valets a la française" as in Neederland, because it's like that!

Happy posting! Cheers!
Nonetheless tacky and outdated, but, as you said it, it's like that, and there is nothing anyone can do. Agree 100%.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have heard many interviews of Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf. Queen Silvia always says "The King" (or "Kungen" in Swedish) about king Carl Gustaf. And king Carl Gustaf always says "The Queen" (or "Drottningen" in Swedish) while referring to his wife. So I don´t wonder at all that Princess Letizia says "The Prince" while speaking about her husband in public.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Courtier

I can't stand it when people say “my husband” all the time; to me it sounds like ownership. Protocol not withstanding, I much prefer her using his title. Anyway, she has a beautiful voice and it reminds me of Penelope Cruz's, except Letizia's diction is far superior of course. I guess the court has read the critics from this board because it seems that they are gradually increasing her solo engaments. That should make us all happy!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
I can't stand it when people say “my husband” all the time; to me it sounds like ownership. Protocol not withstanding, I much prefer her using his title. Anyway, she has a beautiful voice and it reminds me of Penelope Cruz's, except Letizia's diction is far superior of course. I guess the court has read the critics from this board because it seems that they are gradually increasing her solo engaments. That should make us all happy!
I'm not sure that the Royal House - not the court because it don't exist in Spain - needs to read a forum to organize the planification of the Princess of Asturias 's work. It's absolutly obvious that all the jobs done by the Princess alone correspond to a very well thaught plan to give her slowly but surly her own fields of activity whithout any improvisation, isen't it?
Old 11-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
I'm not sure that the Royal House - not the court because it don't exist in Spain - needs to read a forum to organize the planification of the Princess of Asturias 's work. It's absolutly obvious that all the jobs done by the Princess alone correspond to a very well thaught plan to give her slowly but surly her own fields of activity whithout any improvisation, isen't it?
I was being a bit factitious and completely ignorant of the fact that the SRF did not have a court. It goes to show how much I know .

We get to see more of her, whatever the reason. That works for me!
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia figure made in choclate. Done by Galleros Artesanos in Rute, Cordoba, south of Spain, the sweet sculpture weighs 320 kg and took 2 craftmen three moths to do it.

http://i2.tinypic.com/7xyaa2a.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/81ouxcz.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/6ouc9c1.jpg
Old 11-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Princess Letizia figure made in choclate. Done by Galleros Artesanos in Rute, Cordoba, south of Spain, the sweet sculpture weighs 320 kg and took 2 craftmen three moths to do it.

Thanks for these pics lula. What an effort. I wonder who will eat it? And on a fashion note, they obviously chose Letizia's best outfit ever for her chocolate ego, the red Caprile killer dress from the Danish wedding
Old 11-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I wish I could make something like that.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

Thanks for posting lula, intresting how well its done, guess its art & some are gifted. what was the purpose of doing it though?

Closed Thread