The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The day of his 37th anniversary, perhaps it would be appropriate to revisit the life of the Prince of Asturias. Today, I suggest you a visit to the private life of our beloved Prince Felipe…

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/novios/pagina1.asp
Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos y de la Santissima Tinidad was born on the 30th January 1968. 1.97m high, shoes nr. 44,5, blue eyes and dark blond hair. He likes to watch the sky and observing the mysteries of the stars with a telescope, a liking that he acquired during the years he passed in the ship-school Juan Sebastián Elcano. The Prince is also a fan of potato tortilla, Coca-Cola and Alvarez Gomez’s cologne, a trilogy of such normality he has been searching for his whole life, despite everything else. Felipe has received an exclusive education and a privileged preparation (he’s said to be the better prepared prince of Europe), he has travelled all over the world and has a sweeping body. In spite of all the efforts, he could never judge himself a normal person. And it could not be otherwise. The first time he verified this cruel circumstance, was in primary school. A classmate celebrated his birthday with all the pomp. It was an infantile celebration which Felipe wanted very much to attend. But his illusion was soon deflated like a balloon. All the class was invited, except him. Why? He was born a Prince and the mother of his friend did not know how could she invite a prince… All his life, he struggled to integrate himself among the others, to do what the others did; not to be different.
One day, when visiting a school in the surrounding of Madrid, a boy asked him: "Do you like to be a prince". Felipe smiled, wrinkled the lips and said: "I do not have another remedy".

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/novios/pagina2.asp
The Heir to the Throne made his first studies in the school Santa Maria de los Rosales. Those days, the King and Queen were constantly travelling abroad and the young Felipe was used to see his parents always up and down the stairways of airplanes. So, when he was asked, in a school test, what was his father’s job, the young prince answered: "My father works in airplanes".

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/novios/pagina3.asp
At the age of fifteen, he lowered his school performance, reason why his parents decided to send him to Lakefield College School, in Canada, to study the equivalent degree of COU. That year, he learned how to survive. Later on, from September 1985 to July 1988, he made his studies in the military schools of Earth, Sea and Air. Surely, his main difficulty was to awake up early in the morning. He sleeps placidly and deeply, like a baby. In the military school of San Javier, he used to have four clocks around the bed… Not enough. During his stay in the three academies, he was punished several times, and always for the same reason: to arrive late at formation. His education was finally completed in the Independent University of Madrid, where he received a degree in Law. In September of 1993, he went to Washington, in order to get a master’s in International Affairs, by the University of Georgetown, where he was graduated on the 26th May 1995.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Nice text Elsa! :)
I've found some more great pictures of Felipe from seegerpress.
Ha... :o
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00053577.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	88633   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00070477.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	88634   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00024424.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	88635   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00024979.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	88636  

Name:	pre-SEEGER00100290.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	88637   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00033770.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	88638  

Old 02-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Majesty

is felipe a good speaker?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sometimes. I saw once that felipe was very strange reading some texts in public.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Majesty

nerves you mean?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
is felipe a good speaker?
Decide for yourself. This is a link to the video of his speech from the 2004 Prince of Austrias Awards.
http://www.fpa.es/esp/especial2004/r...as.&retrans=14
Old 02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Nobility

I don't know for sure, but can he be dyslextic? I know that other European royals are dyslextic, i.e. CP Victoria. And having dyslexia makes some people not very fond of public speaking. Just thniking...

Old 02-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
I don't know for sure, but can he be dyslextic?
Never heard of that before. Actually, I think he's said to be very articulated, but very shy too... :o
Old 02-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Never heard of that before. Actually, I think he's said to be very articulated, but very shy too... :o
I was just thinking since quite a few royals through out Europe have it, there might be a chance that he did too, but as I said I don't know for a fact. CP Haakon has it, and he is articulate too, but I think the problem for him is to read, and when you are making a speach, you have a manuscript in your hand. I think CP Haakon use a lot of time to memorize what he is saying.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Felipe and the King presided today the Consejo de Dirección in the Defense Ministry. Great thing to do on Valentine's day, don't you think?:p

Felipe's next engagements will be solo according to the Casa Real website so, no new or recycled outfits from Letizia in the next few days...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	felipe2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	93945   Click image for larger version

Name:	felipe3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	93946   Click image for larger version

Name:	felipe5.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	93947   Click image for larger version

Name:	felipe.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	93948  

Name:	felipe6.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	93949  
Old 02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Great thing to do on Valentine's day, don't you think?:p
Yeah, it's always inspiring to see a handsome man in uniform, moreover on S. Valentine's day... :p
Old 02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Felipe and the King presided today the Consejo de Dirección in the Defense Ministry. Great thing to do on Valentine's day, don't you think?:p

Felipe's next engagements will be solo according to the Casa Real website so, no new or recycled outfits from Letizia in the next few days...
anna is that you? welcome home!! jejeje
Here you can see that handsome man on video. is a valentine gift, jejeje
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_25443.htm
Old 02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
anna is that you? welcome home!! jejeje
Yes lapopdiva, this is me, I wasn't vanished from the face of the Earth, I was just enjoying carnival.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
Here you can see that handsome man on video. is a valentine gift, jejeje
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/dn_25443.htm
Hummm, thank you... I guess Letizia won't mind....
Old 02-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Apart the meeting with the commission Spain-Aichi (see the thread about the Prince and Princess of Asturias News and Photos) Felipe met today:
1. the members of Social Security;
2. the winner team of the V edition of the National League of Universitary Debate.

Photos from La Casa del Rey:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sem título78.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	94155   Click image for larger version

Name:	sem título79.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	94156  
Old 02-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Gentry

Question Question

lets say Felipe becomes king and he has no boys just daughters what will become of Prince of Asturias title.... will it go to Elena's boy??

thanks Q
Old 02-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens
lets say Felipe becomes king and he has no boys just daughters what will become of Prince of Asturias title.... will it go to Elena's boy??

thanks Q
His oldest daughter would become Queen. For more on this go to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=2126
Old 03-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

another website about felipe. Is belongs to the lawyers of Oviedo. Funny???

http://www.vivirasturias.com/asturia...e-de-asturias/
Old 03-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Courtier

The Times has commented that an invitation of Prince Felipe's to Prince Charles' marriage has became a argument between the Queen and Prince Charles. I thought that Felipe and Letizia had already moved their schedual around to accomandate.

“There is a spat over the King and Queen of Spain,” says one courtier. Charles wants to invite them, but the Queen says it would be better to ask Prince Felipe, heir to the Spanish throne. NI_MPU('middle');Not only is the Queen fond of Felipe — who is uncomplicated and not extravagant (unlike some heirs one could mention) — but she thinks the presence of King Juan Carlos wouldn’t fit the “low key” ceremony Charles had promised her. It’s not even clear whether the couple would actually accept

Full Article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...522812,00.html
Old 03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

a old article about felipe's journey to granada.

http://servicios.ideal.es/especiales/principe/
Old 04-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

from casareal.es

Domingo, 3 de abril de 2005RECIBIMIENTO OFICIAL DE S.M. EL REY DE BAHREIN, S.M. HAMAD BIN ISA AL-KHALIFA
Aeropuerto de Madrid-Barajas