The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone knows any unofficial website of prince felipe? I know that appeared in this web but i don't know where?

Old 01-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Since the King is out of the country, Felipe is "taking his place". Today, he received some people to hearings at La Zarzuela. Pictures from Casa Real
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aboga07g.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	81626   Click image for larger version

Name:	botig01g.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	81627   Click image for larger version

Name:	calid02g.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	81628   Click image for larger version

Name:	comer02g.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	81629  

Old 01-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The last photo is so funny! Felipe is a giant indeed!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

His Ring

In some pictures I have seen Felipe wearing his wedding ring on his left hand. Does anyone know why? I thought in Spain the wedding ring is worn on the right hand.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
In some pictures I have seen Felipe wearing his wedding ring on his left hand. Does anyone know why? I thought in Spain the wedding ring is worn on the right hand.
Could you please point out the pictures where you have seen this? Are you sure it wasn't just another ring?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

You're right, Marezdote. I can't say why, but many Spanish couples use their wedding rings on the right hand. If I find a plausible explanation, I'll post it here.
These photos show clearly that Felipe uses it on his left hand, while Letizia uses it on her right hand:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zs6.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	82036   Click image for larger version

Name:	zs8.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	82037  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks

Thanks for posting the pics Elsa. I was going to but I don't know how. :)
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
In Spain all the couples wear their wedding ring on the left hand, not on the right hand.
Only Catalans wear it on the right, so I don't know why the Prince sometimes wears it on his right hand... But well, he often wears his watch on this hand too (and the King as well), while everyone in Spain wear it on the left...
It can be just a habit, or a superstition... who knows?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Funny you say that Isabella, because the princess (As well as Cristina and Iñaki)uses hers on the right hand and, not so long ago, this was a topic of discussion on another thread (why do Spanish people wear their rings on the right hand). But, since you're from Spain, I'll believe in your words!
Old 01-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

I believe it is also a European Catholic traditiion to wear one's wedding ring on the left hand. I believe the royals of Belgium, Luxembourg, and Liechtenstein all wear their wedding rings on the right hand.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I did my homework and found some pictures from Felipe and Letizia's wedding were they both wore their bands on the right hand... Felipe must prefer the left, go figure....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	50886840.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	82203   Click image for larger version

Name:	50886889.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	82204   Click image for larger version

Name:	DWF15-727830.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	82205   Click image for larger version

Name:	foto_09.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	82206  

Old 01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

As far as his watch being on the right hand, I wonder if he is left handed? I have a friend who is left handed and wears her watch on the right hand because she thought it was write with it that way. This doesn't solve the wedding ring dilemma - although as someone else mentioned today, I thought the Belgian thread had something about European Catholics wearing the ring on the right hand.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

....sorry, I meant "easier to write" with it that way!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I wonder if he is left handed?
He's not a leftie, as you can see here

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=82204
Old 01-20-2005, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I thought the Belgian thread had something about European Catholics wearing the ring on the right hand.
I am an European Catholic, 95% of the couples I know are European Catholics and none of them wear their wedding rings on the right hand. As far as I know, we use it on the fourth finger of the left hand, since the Egyptians believed there was a vein that connected that finger directly to the heart. Only the Spanish and the Austrian use it on the right hand, but I was never capable of understanding why... Letizia uses her wedding band on the right hand and her engagement rinh on the left, and so do the Infantas and Queen Sofia. Felipe also did so on the wedding day, on their honeymoon, he still used it on the right finger, but when they came back, he already used it on his left hand... Why?
I'd say we have a mystery here...

P.S. - I'm really surprised by your statements, Isabella... Since you are Spanish yourself... well, that throws completely down my whole theory!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zf27.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	82337   Click image for larger version

Name:	zf28.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	82338   Click image for larger version

Name:	zj8.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	82339   Click image for larger version

Name:	zn7.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	82341  

Name:	zzzb2.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	82343   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzj92.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	82344  
Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I appreciate it.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Today is Felipe's 37th anniversary.

Have a wonderful
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
sweet prince! :)
Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Nobility

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It's his first birthday as a married man!

http://royalnews.w4.clicdev.com/f/index.php
Old 01-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Nobility

Prince, husband and future father

What better gift of birthday for the prince of Asturias that the announcement of his next paternity. Spain and part of the foreigner live pending on the pregnancy of Doña Letizia, and like whenever a significant date in the real family approaches, the rumors that finally good the new one will become public have untied to these days in the occasion of 37.º anniversary of Don Felipe. Such day as today of 1968, princess Sofía gavebirth to his third son, and shortly after Don Juan Carlos shouted: "He is machote". Every time is the more close moment at which Don Felipe gives account of the birth of his first hijo/a, but still we have left to keep awake the moment at which the future infant begins to be developed.

The last year, in the occasion of their anniversary, Don Felipe, next to his fiance, Letizia Ortiz, visited the monastery of Covadonga, in a significant trip to Asturias. It was his last birthday unmarried, as the one of today first is married and, if the thing goes well, the one that comes will be first like father. Let us continue formulating plans for the Princes and we do not leave reality to spoils them. If Doña Letizia and Don Felipe were the personages of the monumental farce of the heart that seems to have appropriated the Spanish society, they would gain a paste going to Salsa rosa or Donde estas corazon ? in order to speak of that virtual pregnancy that comes attributing to her to Doña Letizia from the day in which she married. But they are, dumb there from the last time that some impatient one embarrassed Doña Letizia. Any day we rose with the surprise; that it will be it like the one of the wolf that ended up attacking the lambs after the false warnings, as it explains the story of Pedro and the wolf. There have been some pedros in this real story to those who in addition to the wolf the bull will pillará to them. The married Princes want to arrive at their first year from with the put pregnancy, but meanwhile their close friends remember that, at the moment, a king in exercise, a prince titled like heir and married exists, one second in the line sucesoría call Elena de Borbón and up to five real grandsons plus whom he is developing Doña Cristina, so that it does not seem that the Borbón dynasty is in extinction danger. We would not have to be worried than directly implied, that more, according to he consists, know which is their obligation. To which we go, we are realistic, we do not know if Doña Letizia is pregnant woman, but who she is in it.

With respect to the birthdays, spokesmen of Zarzuela have said that the Prince will spend the day in private, that means that he will celebrate his anniversary without consideringhis condition of prince, that is to say, like a gentleman whom when he leaves the work Friday he does not have why to explain what he will do on Sunday. In this occasion, to make sure privacy and, at the same time, free air, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia they are spending the weekend in a property of hunting, pertaining to friends and located to a pair of hours of car from Madrid. Last night, the friends who accompany the princes by Asturias had predicted supper with surprise of pie for Don Felipe, and today, Doña Letizia will give him her gift.

If in something it has changed the life of Don Felipe after his wedding with Doña Letizia it has been in their destinies of weekend. Asturias, and concretely the council of Sardeu, in which the grandparents of Doña Letizia live, wins by made goals to other enclaves, with joy of the Asturian ones in general. Those are many in the principality that the future hope that in the large house of Sont Vent, in Marivent (Majorca) competes, like place of vacations, with some other located in Asturian territory. They do not have it easy, Majorca is not going to let save the prey so easily. It will not happen to them what it has happened in Baqueira Beret, where the success of the work has finished making leave to the protagonists before the avalanche of spectators.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050...175922130.html
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From ABC:

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050130/prens...AC-GEN-085.asp

No es el primer cumpleaños que pasa junto a Doña Letizia, pero sí el primero que celebra desde que contrajo matrimonio con la actual Princesa. Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias celebra hoy «en privado» su 37 cumpleaños. Aunque los miembros de la Familia Real acostumbran a conmemorar las fiestas familiares en la intimidad, no siempre es así y hay excepciones. El año pasado el Heredero de la Corona, comprometido desde hacía tres meses, estuvo en esta fecha en el Principado junto a la que era entonces su prometida.

Aquel 30 de enero de 2004 Don Felipe y Doña Letizia se acercaron hasta el santuario de Nuestra Señora de Covadonga y en la Cueva de la Santina asistieron a una ceremonia religiosa, en la que estuvieron también los abuelos paternos de la Princesa. Los ciudadanos que se habían acercado hasta las inmediaciones del santuario entonaron espontáneamente el «cumpleaños feliz».

También la Reina celebró su último cumpleaños, el pasado mes de noviembre, fuera de su residencia del Palacio de la Zarzuela, ya que ese día coincidió con unas pequeñas vacaciones que Doña Sofía disfrutó en Siria junto a su hermana, la Princesa Irene de Grecia.

Don Felipe celebra su 37 cumpleaños «en la intimidad», según han informado fuentes de la Casa del Rey, sin que haya trascendido hasta ahora si lo hará en su residencia, dentro del recinto del Palacio de la Zarzuela, como ocurrió el pasado mes de septiembre, con motivo del 32 aniversario de la Princesa de Asturias. Doña Letizia había expresado unos días antes su deseo de que no hubiera nada especial por su primer cumpleaños como miembro de la Familia Real.

El Príncipe de Asturias celebra hoy en la intimidad su 37 cumpleaños, el primero desde que contrajo matrimonio con Doña Letizia