Prince Felipe, Current Events Part 10: October 2011 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot believe that a country in the financial condition of Spain wants to take on a multi billion euro project like hosting an Olympics. It seems so irresponsible. Maybe it would be different if they wanted to use Barcelona where many of the 92 facilities could be reused, but in Madrid many new facilities will have to be built and that will cost a great deal of money.

The Madrid 2020 Team has already arrived to the main headquarters of the International Olympic Committee to make the presentation of the Olympic Bid before the General Assembly. Headed by Prince Felipe, the team, which includes Minister De Guindos, Alejandro Blanco, Ana Botella, Juan Antonio Samaranch, Theresa Zabell and Víctor Sánchez, will make a presentation of 45 minutes and will answer to the questions of the IOC members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6pJJWHEYj0

Last edited:
While I´m not very keen of Madrid´s bid for the Olympics, these articles are great.

I think Felipe deserves a big "Hurrah!" for his speech today, he seems to have made a great impression on the IOC members.

Congrats and well done to him!;)

I wonder if they know what they are doing. I mean, Spain would be bancrupt today if EU withdrew their money. I am no expert but when looking at other countries, hosting the Olymics may have brought some prestige but left the country with a heavy burden of debt, that in the end the public will have to pay for (see Cyprus if the banks can't handle). I am surprised to see the SRF, or Felipe, sticking their neck out for this. I don't know if this project is Felipe's passion because other family members (Queen, Elena, even Letizia) are notable absentees at Olympic events (Letizia preferred to go to a private concert instead of joining Felipe at the Olympic concert).

Duke, every time Madrid has applied a member of the Royal Family has supported... King first, then the Queen and the Prince of Asturias now is the Honorary Chairman. It is not a matter of personal enthusiasm, is his official role.

The project has the support of local and regional government of Madrid, with the support of the national government and the citizens. Therefore, the Royal Family should support it.

I wonder if they know what they are doing. I mean, Spain would be bancrupt today if EU withdrew their money. I am no expert but when looking at other countries, hosting the Olymics may have brought some prestige but left the country with a heavy burden of debt, that in the end the public will have to pay for (see Cyprus if the banks can't handle). I am surprised to see the SRF, or Felipe, sticking their neck out for this. I don't know if this project is Felipe's passion because other family members (Queen, Elena, even Letizia) are notable absentees at Olympic events (Letizia preferred to go to a private concert instead of joining Felipe at the Olympic concert).

Duke, please check your sources, Letizia went to a concert with Felipe then the Prince of Asturias continued alone for the Olympic concert.

Duke, please check your sources, Letizia went to a concert with Felipe then the Prince of Asturias continued alone for the Olympic concert.

That's what I said? Letizia stayed at the private concert and didnt join Felipe at the Olympic concert.

Audience to representations of the Municipality of Viana, the Royal Eestablishment of the Principality of Gerona and the Body of the Nobility of the Principality of Asturias
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a representaciones del Ayuntamiento de Viana, del Real Estamento del Principado de Gerona y del Cuerpo de la Nobleza del Principado de Asturias

Audience to members of the National Commission for the "Commemoration of the Bicentenary of the birth of General Prim (1814-2014)"
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a los miembros de la Sociedad Bicentenario General Prim 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom