Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 47: July - August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
South Europeans may be shorter but they are definitely not skinnier than the northern Europeans. The truth is that Letizia looked much lovelier when she had a few pounds on her before her marriage. There was a fresh look that has disappeared.

There are more small boned women in South Europe and small boned women tend to look skinny when they are thin. For example, Elena is also very thin for her height, but overall she doesn't look skinny since she has a bigger frame.
I do agree that Letzia looks better when she carries more weight, mostly IMO because she has an angular face and looks better when it's fuller.

Is that a flower hand-bag? Must be really hot in Spain now. We can't do something about the ugly shoes. It seems that she's so comfortable wearing those kind of shoes.

Is that a flower hand-bag? Must be really hot in Spain now. We can't do something about the ugly shoes. It seems that she's so comfortable wearing those kind of shoes.

I think it's flowers + handbag :)

Is there a strategy behind wearing exactly the same outfit at exactly the same event every year? At least in 2006 the shoes looked much better. Maybe Felipe feels better in his uniform knowing that he's not the only person who looks the same over and over again.

http://www.casareal.es/noticias/images/casareal/1152281402105.jpg
(07.07.2006) thanks to casareal
http://i35.tinypic.com/16m81es.jpg
(10.07.2008) thanks to lula

she's absolutely gorgeous!!!

each day they seem more and more in love!!!! can't wait to see them during their holidays with their precious little girls!!!

I think that Letizia looks very nice in that outfit and I don't mind that it was worn exactly a year before at the same event. I am sure that she either didn't realize [that fact] or probably didn't care, as that type of thing just isn't important to her. Good for her.

Los Príncipes de Asturias presidirán el miércoles la entrega de despachos en la Escuela Naval Militar de Marín. europapress.es

The Princes of Asturias will preside on Wednesday at the delivery of offices in Marín's Naval Military School

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias will preside next Wednesday, the 16th of July at the act of delivery of royal offices to the new officials of the Navy and of the Common Bodies of the Defense.

In the act, that will take place in the Naval Military School of Marín, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia also will be present at the oath of flag of the pupils of the first course of the Naval Military School.

Do you know if prince Felipe participates this weekend to the boat race which is in Valencia??? it would be great if he could be there with his girls:!!!!

Do you know if prince Felipe participates this weekend to the boat race which is in Valencia??? it would be great if he could be there with his girls:!!!!

The CAM is in the race, I also wonder if Felipe will join his friends or not. If he does, I doubt we are going to see the girls. The Princes have a house in Mallorca, but not in Valencia. The girls are still very small, not so convenient to stay at a hotel.

Are Dona Letizia pregnant? I see 3 bracelets on her hand - Leonor, Sofia and ...? Or I have a problem with my eyes?

According to some journalists, the third bracelet takes the name of her niece Carla, the daughter of the deceased Erika.

I think that Letizia looks very nice in that outfit and I don't mind that it was worn exactly a year before at the same event. I am sure that she either didn't realize [that fact] or probably didn't care, as that type of thing just isn't important to her. Good for her.
I really hope that is not the case because if Letizia doesn't care that is too serious to me!!!She should care yes!!! Being a Princess and a future Queen she should care about those sort of things, recycle is good yes and we already know that she recycles a lot but wearing the same outfit for the same event that is too mucht and a very bad taste IMO!:bang:

I really hope that is not the case because if Letizia doesn't care that is too serious to me!!!She should care yes!!! Being a Princess and a future Queen she should care about those sort of things, recycle is good yes and we already know that she recycles a lot but wearing the same outfit for the same event that is too mucht and a very bad taste IMO!:bang:

Fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion, for God sake, is that really IMPORTANT?

I don't think so, Princess Letizia has never been known as a Fashion victim or lately fashion princess like Princess Mary is, Princess Letizia just DON'T MIND if she has worn the same outfit at the same evernt, for her the real thing is her job, not being an admired princess just for her cloth.

My lord. It has been said thousands of times.:bang:

The military event was mostly attended by men and they will probably not ever remember what clothes their own wives have much less what Letizia wore last year.

Anyone visiting these discussion boards probably knows more about royal ladies clothes than anyone else but lets keep it in perspective.

The military event was mostly attended by men and they will probably not ever remember what clothes their own wives have much less what Letizia wore last year.

Anyone visiting these discussion boards probably knows more about royal ladies clothes than anyone else but lets keep it in perspective.
This is so true.

As stated in the orig post, it was 2 years ago that she wore the same outfit, not a year ago.

Secondly, considering the number of events she goes to (at least one per day) can you imagine the amount of work involved in keeping track of what she wore, for what event over the years and then using that info for her daily planning. She would need a personal assistant and a database application for just that.:lol:

Then we would all complain about the un-necessary expense, that she is a fashion model etc. :eek:

she looks so thin , my first impression would be that she was anorexic. i mean i am a royal watcher so i know that she isn\t but jesus it looks like it.

Fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion, for God sake, is that really IMPORTANT?

I don't think so, Princess Letizia has never been known as a Fashion victim or lately fashion princess like Princess Mary is, Princess Letizia just DON'T MIND if she has worn the same outfit at the same evernt, for her the real thing is her job, not being an admired princess just for her cloth.

My lord. It has been said thousands of times.:bang:
biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.

I think that it is very understandable, that princess Letizia recycles her clothes, she has such a busy agenda that it would be a really silly waste of money, if she would have a new outfit to every engagement. Letizia has at least 3 acts every week, next week she will have 7 acts. Princess Maxima has less acts, and maybe she can spend more money to her clothes. If I was a spaniard, I would respect the royal family of Spain very much because of their energetic and busy work and also because the royal ladies of Spain haven´t become victims of fashion.
There is only a small group of people (like us here) who are interested about the outfits of the royalty, and how many times they recycle them. More people are interested in that how the royals do their job. I don´t care how many times Letizia recycles her outfits, I admire her because of her way of working.

Photos from the military event:
La Opionion de Zamora
El Correo Andalucia

Last edited:
biboquinhas is allowed to express her opinion , catango, which OBVIOUSLTY is that princess should not recycle their clothes as much as letizia does, like maxima for example, she almost never recycles. ANYWAY, it has not much to do with fashion, really, more about how much clothes she owns perhaps.

It's OBVIOUSLY that Maxima doesn't have the agenda that Letizia has, so yes, maybe you're right she never recycles her clothe and even yes, it doesn't have to be with fashion like you said, but with the activities that each princess has and Princess Letizia is the MOST hard working princess.

So that is why princess Letizia recycles her cloth, or maybe it is not that it is that we frecuently see her more than other Princess, so she has to repeit her outfits.

Yes each person is allowed to express his opinion, like you, her and me did.

Last edited:
Isn't it a little too far-fetched to relate recycling clothes and having a weighty agenda ? Even if you're really busy, it's not the staff surrounding you that will be too busy to get new clothes on your behalf ... .

She wore this outfit 2 years ago (2006) at the Military Academy in Zaragoza, not last year. She was on the maternity leave this time last year. The event was also attended by the families and relatives of those military graduates. It was a very hot day, several people fainted at the event, maybe Letizia just found this dress very comfortable for the hot weather.
Anyway, like some other posters here, I also wonder where her old clothes bought before or during the first year of her marriage. If those old clothers were borrowed from Varela (designer), then she probably doesn't have many old clothes left for recycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom