The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Photos from ImagineScandinavia:
I think that one of the ocasions that she wore that clothes was in the asturias prize.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
how cold is it in spain?she never wear a jacket,hope she does not catch cold!
Funny you say that. Letizia’s detractors have criticized her before, for wearing too many clothes (e.g. suit + turtleneck + topcoat)
It's hard to please everyone...

Old 01-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From Hola:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp19.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	82584  
Old 01-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Also I'm pretty sure she has worn this suit before.
yes thats true, i think ive seen this suit worn 2 or 3 times,and the jacket ones worn with a different pair of pants.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
According to ABC/Cordoba after they inaugurate this publicworks project they may also go into Cordoba proper to attend a literary event--but that would be a "private event".
The Princes attended the formal presentention of Cordoba as the Cultural Capital 2016.
Photos from ImagineScandinavia:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zzzzzp25.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	82734   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp26.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	82735   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp27.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	82736   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp28.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	82737  

Old 01-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The Princes have also visited the exhibition Sorolla íntimo.

This is what Elmundo says about this photo:
«The whole Spain watches Letizia Ortiz with magnifying glass, to detect any signs of pregnancy. If her face is a little bit rounder, if there's a special bright in her eyes, if there's a little curve on her belly... Everything will come, as Don Felipe and Letizia, who travelled to Cordova to visit the exhibition 'Sorolla íntimo', always say.»
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zzzzzp24.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	82766  
Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Courtier

Miscellaneous--and small--shots from newspaper:

http://www.eldiadecordoba.com/eldiad...G?idart=795948
http://www.redcordoba.com/img/noticias/165485_3.jpg
http://www.redcordoba.com/img/noticias/165485_2.jpg
Old 01-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Lucy's remaining photos, as attachments:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zzzzzp30.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	82908   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp31.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	82909   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp32.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	82910   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp33.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	82911  

Name:	zzzzzp34.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	82912  
Old 01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

O.K., I saw them!
Thanks, Lucys!
Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zzzzzp36.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	82913   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp37.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	82914   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp38.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	82915   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp40.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	82916  

Name:	zzzzzp39.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	82917   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp41.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	82918   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp42.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	82919   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzp43.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	82920  

Old 01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
O.K., I saw them!
Thanks, Lucys!
Here they are:
Thank you Elsa! I must admit I was a little surprised to see so many photos of this particular event--I mean, it's an important pipeline and all for Spain, but opening a pipeline is not exactly the most glamerous of royal duties!

In any case--on Tuesday they are in Zaragoza for the annual national award ceremony to honor the best young businessmen/women (under 40).
Old 01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
Thank you Elsa! I must admit I was a little surprised to see so many photos of this particular event--I mean, it's an important pipeline and all for Spain, but opening a pipeline is not exactly the most glamerous of royal duties!
You're welcome, Lucys!
Letizia’s presence in these events is reason enough to have so many photographers displaying 10 times per minute... In that sense, I would say the Spanish Royal House (King Juan Carlos?) is being pretty smart in canalising the media’s attention to promote Felipe's work. Every time Letizia accompanies the Prince, Spaniards are closer to the future king and his commitment with the Nation. This is absolutely crucial to prepare and consolidate Monarchy, after KJC.

But there's an additional reason for such interest in every single step of the Princes of Asturias. As Elmundo says in the notes previously posted:

Quote:
«The whole Spain watches Letizia Ortiz with magnifying glass, to detect any signs of pregnancy. If her face is a little bit rounder, if there's a special bright in her eyes, if there's a little curve on her belly...»
Old 01-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Letizia’s presence in these events is reason enough to have so many photographers displaying 10 times per minute... In that sense, I would say the Spanish Royal House (King Juan Carlos?) is being pretty smart in canalising the media’s attention to promote Felipe's work. Every time Letizia accompanies the Prince, Spaniards are closer to the future king and his commitment with the Nation. This is absolutely crucial to prepare and consolidate Monarchy, after KJC.
Eight months after the wedding, has the opinon in Spain (especially among the very conservative Spaniards) changed about Letizia? I know that in the time between the engagement and the wedding there were some reservations and hesitations about Letizia because of her previous marriage and what not, but eight months of hard work as the Princess of Asturias -- has this changed any minds in Spain?

I myself have always liked Letizia and like her professionalism and have been very impressed with her dedication and working ethics so my opinon of Letizia these past eight months has only gotten better and better. But I would think that some of the anecdotes I hear at this forum alone about Letizia and how she is able to charm audiences and leaders alike must have some positive impact.

What I also really like about Letizia is that when there is a discussion about her it is not always about how she looks or what she is wearing, but also about her intelligence and her ability to carry on conversations about all sorts of topics (from literature to history). You get the clear sense that there is much, much substance behind Letizia and that she's more than a pretty face or a clothes hanger.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Eight months after the wedding, has the opinon in Spain (especially among the very conservative Spaniards) changed about Letizia? I know that in the time between the engagement and the wedding there were some reservations and hesitations about Letizia because of her previous marriage and what not, but eight months of hard work as the Princess of Asturias -- has this changed any minds in Spain?
Perhaps Isabella or Meac can say it better, since they're Spanish themselves, but even Jaime Penafiel, the hardest of Letizi's detractors (...the one who speculated about her infertility treatments and connected them with Letizia's high heels... ) has published an article last September (on her 100 days as Princess of Asturias), where he apparently changes his tune. He said Letizia has "a lot of personality and that is not a bad thing"...
But anyway, WHO CARES ABOUT WHAT THIS MAN SAYS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
You get the clear sense that there is much, much substance behind Letizia and that she's more than a pretty face or a clothes hanger.
Agree.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

In Fridey i see tv images when Letizia, Filipe, Cristina and the Queen are all dress in black, and enter in some that look like an hospital or hotel. Some1 now something oe have pics?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
In Fridey i see tv images when Letizia, Filipe, Cristina and the Queen are all dress in black, and enter in some that look like an hospital or hotel. Some1 now something oe have pics?
They weren't together last week. It could be old fotage. If they were all in black it could have been from after March 11.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:55 PM

no that picture was definitly recent because on another royal site i heard that they had gone to the funeral of a cousin of the king who recently died in a car accident.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

I looked at corbis and getty images but the most recent photos are the ones opening the powerline. Sorry:(
Old 01-24-2005, 02:59 AM
Nobility

The Royal Family in the funeral for Alfonso de Borbón Medina

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050122/prens...AC-GEN-105.asp
Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by their children, Princes de Asturias and the Infants Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, moved yesterday until the Tanatorio of the M-30 to dismiss the rest of Alfonso de Borbón Medina, son of Don Alfonso de Borbón Perez del Pulgar and Doña Ines Medina Atienza, Dukes of Santa Elena, and nephew in second degree of His Majesty the King, who had passed away the day previous in a happened traffic accident to the height of kilometer 38 of the highway of Towns

In the same Tanatorio a mass-funeral in that was celebrated also the Dukes of Soria were present, Doña Margarita and Don Carlos Zurita, and their daughter, Maria Zurita, as well as Simoneta Gomez-Acebo, daughter of Infant Doña Pilar, among other relatives and friends.

Don Felipe was specially affected, since he was personal friend of the deceased, and could not disguise his sadness when embracing to one of the brothers. ABC

Thats the article marezdote, an that is the only photo off that day.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks lapodiva!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050122/prens...AC-GEN-105.asp
Her Majesty the Queen, accompanied by their children, Princes de Asturias and the Infants Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, moved yesterday until the Tanatorio of the M-30 to dismiss the rest of Alfonso de Borbón Medina, son of Don Alfonso de Borbón Perez del Pulgar and Doña Ines Medina Atienza, Dukes of Santa Elena, and nephew in second degree of His Majesty the King, who had passed away the day previous in a happened traffic accident to the height of kilometer 38 of the highway of Towns

In the same Tanatorio a mass-funeral in that was celebrated also the Dukes of Soria were present, Doña Margarita and Don Carlos Zurita, and their daughter, Maria Zurita, as well as Simoneta Gomez-Acebo, daughter of Infant Doña Pilar, among other relatives and friends.

Don Felipe was specially affected, since he was personal friend of the deceased, and could not disguise his sadness when embracing to one of the brothers. ABC

Thats the article marezdote, an that is the only photo off that day.
Nothing more nothing less.Is that that i saw. But way is no pics of that in any place?

Tags
felipe, letizia, prince of asturias, princess of asturias