The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: June 2005

Welcome to the new thread about Felipe and Letizia.

The old thread can be found here: Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: May - June 2005

Have fun:

Old 06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

the outfit is always the same from felipe varela. Why letizia doesn't change the style?

Old 06-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for all the photos. Jaime's family is certainly beautiful.:)

The color look very nice on Letizia, however I think that she should give those Felipe Varela outfits a break now. She has the outfits in sooo many colors.She should wear some more outfits from the other designers that she has worn in the past.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

let's hope she hears us alisa... i'm really really bored of seeing her with practically the same outfit every day :)
maybe some trousers again... she liked them before but it has been a while since she doesnt wear ones. probably she doesnt want us to talk about her outfits and just tries to bore us with the same one.... :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday's official photo from the Casa Real website:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	araoz01g.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	158922  
Old 06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

More photos from the award ceremony of the Business Prize Jaime Fernández de Araoz.
From SeergerPress:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zzzzzzzzd10.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	158949   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzd11.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	158950   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzzzzd12.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	158951  
Old 06-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
let's hope she hears us alisa... i'm really really bored of seeing her with practically the same outfit every day :)
maybe some trousers again... she liked them before but it has been a while since she doesnt wear ones. probably she doesnt want us to talk about her outfits and just tries to bore us with the same one.... :)
Princess Letizia wore pants in 4 occasions, during the last couple of weeks...
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia's Visit to Japan; June 3-5, 2005
Imperial Family of Japan: News & Photos III
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 3: May - July 2005

It's funny how this girl just can’t win: if she wears pants, bad for her, because Princesses don’t wear pants; if she doesn’t, bad for her, because she looks better in them… You can’t please everybody...

Letizia has clearly made a choice and it’s clear that she’s not working to be recognized as a fashion icon. Everybody who has actually met her has pointed out her overwhelming intelligence and perfectionism, the way she and the Prince are aware of every little aspect of the institution they are visiting. It’s more than clear what is her goal.

If people don’t like her clothes, then you are watching the wrong Princess… you have many other fashionable princesses, to look at the ultimate trends.

I myself admire Letizia for being a beautiful, modern and elegant woman, but the most important thing I love about her is not her last Prada dress, or the new hat she picked to come out of her golden palace. I come to the Spanish Forums, to look for a man and woman with State responsibilities, who face their job with a remarkable working ethic and professionalism. And I bet that’s the way Letizia wants to be admired.

As someone said before, you are what you do, and Letizia is not making photo shoots, nor attending fashion shows; she's visiting universities and attending conferences on Business and Finance.

Too boring? Well, there's plenty of other women out there you can look instead. For me and the people who like to follow Letizia, that's the way we like her:)
Old 06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
The Royal House confirmed yesterday to TRIBUNA that the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, have "predicted their attendance" to the Honoris Causa Doctorate of the Chilean President, Ricardo Lagos, in Salamanca, next Thursday June 16th.
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ile_350756.htm

The president of Chile, Ricardo Lagos, announced today the suspension of his tour to Europe, as a consequence of the earthquake of 7,9 degrees in the Richter scale that yesterday affected the north of Chile. It is the second time that Lagos suspends this European tour, since at the beginning of April he had made the same, due to the death of his mother. Lagos was going to fly on Thursday to Spain, to receive a honoris causa doctorate, by the University of Salamanca; an act which was to be attended by the princes of Asturias.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Any face to face members on this thread? They've posted some Felipe and Letizia photos.

Here are a few from contrastpress (they are going to make such lovely parents.)
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here you go Lucys:) Its so sad to see such a young woman with three children widowed at such a young age
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	f1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	158976   Click image for larger version

Name:	f2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	158977   Click image for larger version

Name:	f3.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	158978   Click image for larger version

Name:	f4.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	158979  

Name:	f5.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	158980   Click image for larger version

Name:	f6.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	158981   Click image for larger version

Name:	f7.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	158982   Click image for larger version

Name:	f8.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	158983  

Name:	f9.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	158984  
Old 06-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
Princess Letizia wore pants in 4 occasions, during the last couple of weeks...
Imperial Family of Japan: News & Photos III
The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 3: May - July 2005

It's funny how this girl just can’t win: if she wears pants, bad for her, because Princesses don’t wear pants; if she doesn’t, bad for her, because she looks better in them… You can’t please everybody...
that's not true. many times i said how much i liked her outfits. when i dont like them i just say it as well (fact that normally doesn't apply to the fans who obviously sometimes can't admit something was wrong or not so nice and always seem to notice the nice and lovely side of their "idols"). the fact that letizia chose not to be a fashion icon doesn't mean we can't say if we like or not what she wears.

i wouldn't like letizia if she was only a fashion icon and did not do anything valuable for spain, but i don't like when that fashion icon ends up being mere representation in the same way i think all the time trousers is not that nice and all the time the same type of skirt is not that nice either (she has some lovely different outfits she wore only once and does not seem to want to use them anymore, which is a real pity because some of them were just gorgeous and different from the repeated ones). i think she looks correct always, protocolar and adequate for a princess but she doesnt seem to want to risk in what she wears and try something new.

but anyway... as letizia is not my cup of tea i guess there will be always something wrong in my opinion...

however, this that you wrote meredith is quite interesting and i also share your opinion about it

Quote:
I myself admire Letizia for being a beautiful, modern and elegant woman, but the most important thing I love about her is not her last Prada dress, or the new hat she picked to come out of her golden palace. I come to the Spanish Forums, to look for a man and woman with State responsibilities, who face their job with a remarkable working ethic and professionalism. And I bet that’s the way Letizia wants to be admired.

As someone said before, you are what you do, and Letizia is not making photo shoots, nor attending fashion shows; she's visiting universities and attending conferences on Business and Finance.
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Its so sad to see such a young woman with three children widowed at such a young age
It is, isn't it? I was shocked too, when I saw her... I thought she was much older, but we can see she's all youth and with three adorable children to raise... Very sad indeed.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

As much as I am tired of seeing Varela again and again, I didn't really mind this outfit too much because I love the colours she chose. The bag's cute, the shoes are great and the colours looked really good together.

The mother did look very young and it is sad that she's widowed. It was a bit mean (I thought anyway), the way F&L just took two of her children aside and excluded her from the photos! Unintentionally I'm sure, but it still didn't look too good...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158979

However I agree, they will both make lovely parents.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

this purse was nice http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158982

i was now thinking about this woman with he three kids... where did you read she is widowed?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
this purse was nice http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158982

i was now thinking about this woman with he three kids... where did you read she is widowed?

Jaime Fernandez de Araoz, was his husband, I believe that he died towards a pair of years in a traffic accident, and seems that in addition he was friend of the Prince.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Here:
http://www.invertia.com/noticias/not...oticia=1304842
The Prize is organized for the first time with the support of the family of Jaime Fernández Araoz, who died in a car accident in 2003, at the age of 37 years old.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the information on Jaime Fernandez Araoz. I, too, was sorry to see such a young woman widowed and wondered what had caused her husband's death.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

In a german newspaper (FAZ) I´ve read a column. In this column a journalist made fun of tabloids and in it he mentioned among other things, that according to a german tabloid, Felipe has chosen "la Jefa" (=the boss) as pet name for his wife.
Is there any hint that this could be true? If so, I´d think it´s funny...and would show, that Felipe has some sort of humour...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Lena, that rumour was originally published by the Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.
Here's the article, as posted by rchainho:

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: May - June 2005
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Lena, that rumour was originally published by the Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.
Here's the article, as posted by rchainho:

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 8: May - June 2005
Thank you...I see, I´m a bit behind. Is El confidencial.com a reliable source?