Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more photos of the couple from news.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Great finds Raquel, thanks for posting. But, in the future, please avoid posting old pictures directly to the forum, try to use Image Shack instead.:)

rchainho said:
Maybe she's the pregnant princess that has more rest after announcing the pregnancy.
And she's also the pregnant princess that has the most activities after announcing the pregnangcy :rolleyes: . She needs to slow down because pregnancy can get you really tired.

ALICANTE 21/06/05 : The members of a family observe the dolls of the Princes of Asturias Felipe and Letizia, portraying Prince Charming and Cinderella.

Attachments

• 71f97e73037e3g.jpg
    71f97e73037e3g.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 213
thanks for those photos, rchainho! i havent seen many of them before...

http://es.news.yahoo.com/fot/ftxt/20050622184453.html

Joaquin Sabina reunites in his new book entitled This mouth is mine the satirical verses in which he portrays today’s world. There we can find poems dedicated to various personalities, like Rodríguez Zapatero, Gabriel García Márquez, the Pope, Camila Parker Bowles and the Princes of Asturias, Felipe and Letizia, on the day of their wedding.

Esta boca es mía (This mouth is mine) is published by Ediciones B.

Anna_R said:
Great finds Raquel, thanks for posting. But, in the future, please avoid posting old pictures directly to the forum, try to use Image Shack instead.:)
ok anna. Where's the address?

You're welcome.
ImageShack is great for these old and sometimes repeated photos, as it allows you to post the pics as thumbnails. :)

Elsa M. said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/asociaciones_sabadell_barcelona_principes_asturias_363107.htm

The Princes of Asturias will attend tomorrow the commemorations for the centenary of the College of Lawyers of Sabadell, and they will also be received in the City Hall and in the Casa Duran.

Diverse associations of
Sabadell (Barcelona) have planned a manifestation at 7:00 p.m., at the Creu Alta (High Cross) of the city, in order to protest against the visit of the Princes of Asturias.

These associations want to express their indignation for the presence of representatives of the Crown, ‘one of the most undemocratic and anachronistic institutions of Spain’.

The manifestation, which will be headed by the actor Joel Joan, will march from the Creu Alta to the Marcet square, where a manifest shall then be read, according to sources of Europa Press.

Did they attened this meeting? I can'd find anything in press... I think it's terrible what these people (diverse associations) say. King Juan Carlos was that person, who began democracity in Spain and helped to make first real goverment after Franco. He's one of the most important and outstanding people in this country, in my opinion, of course.

The manifestation was expected to take place at 7:00 p.m., so perhaps we'll have to wait a while, to get news and photos about it...

Caption:
Sabadell, SPAIN: Spain's Crown Prince Felipe de Borbon (L) and Princess Letizia Ortiz (R) wave from the balcony of Sabadell's mayoralty during their official visit to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the lawyers College, in Sabadell, 22 June 2005. AFP PHOTO/CESAR RANGEL (Photo credit should read CESAR RANGEL/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 53127394.jpg
    53127394.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 207
The act has been to 18,30 p.m., and have gone both, is a photo in getty but I not to put it here

It will have hoped a better photo to see the jacket, but ot is the same one is similar and that in Letizia is habitual. What I do not understand is as it holds the jackets with this heat, insurance that if she did not take it would criticize it, worse would go more comfortable and fresh.

From Terra/Europress:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/principes_asturias_sabadell_barcelona_366883.htm

Princes de Asturias visited Sabadell today (Barcelona) to participate in the acts of the centenary of the School of Lawyers of the city. The princes were accompanied in their visit by the delegate of the Government in Catalunya, Joan Rangel, and conseller of Territorial Policy and Public Works of the Generalitat, Joaquim Nadal.

The first visit went to the city council where they were received by the councilmen of the PSC, PP and CiU, since the rest did not want to be present (ERC, ICV-EUiA and Entesa to per Sabadell).

Don Felipe and Letizia Ortiz signed in the honor roll of the city and received the shuttle that is habitually to the official visits. Also baby booties and a bib made by Vicenta were flattered with Ruiz, of the association of puntaries of Sabadell. In addition also they gave a blanket to them inspired by the Scottish picture designed by students of the Superior School of Design of Sabadell and made with wool of merina ewe, a weave of long tradition in the vallesana city. Also the students of the school of Special Education Xalest wanted to flatter to the Princes with a picture of images of Sabadell.

Once finished to the visit to consistorio the Princes they made on foot the passage until Foundation Caixa Sabadell where the central act of the centenary of the school of lawyers was made. During the stroll, the Princes could verify the affection of the 2,500 people that was in the passage.

In the modernist hall Foundation Caixa Sabadell the traditional act of imposition of colegiados gowns to the new ones was already made and also delivery was made of the honorary distinctions to the members that turned 25 and 50 years of school registration.

During its speech, Don Felipe de Borbón, animated the new ones colegiados to that the freedom and independence work from and said "continue defending with rigor and ejemplaridad the interests that are trusted to them, promote the trusteeship of the rights and liberties and collaborate effectively loyal and to the good operation of the Administration of Justícia".

The prince, who is graduated in Right, also dressed gown during the act. To Doña Letizia, with a jacket suit, the pregnancy noticed to him already slightly and in his entrance to Foundation Caixa Sabadell it was flattered by the school of lawyers with a pink branch of peonías.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Did they attened this meeting? I can'd find anything in press... I think it's terrible what these people (diverse associations) say. King Juan Carlos was that person, who began democracity in Spain and helped to make first real goverment after Franco. He's one of the most important and outstanding people in this country, in my opinion, of course.

well... i read many times articles of people that said spain is not monarquic, but "juancarlista" (something like <juancarlist>, who supports juan carlos) but not "felipista"...

It's not the same jacket. This one is pink.

Still from GettyImages:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzh2.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 451
  • zzzzzzzzh8.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh8.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 166
  • zzzzzzzzh9.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh9.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 181
  • zzzzzzzzh11.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh11.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 151
  • zzzzzzzzh13.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh13.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 394
  • zzzzzzzzh12.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh12.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
here a new photo of getty of the outfit:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/53127656.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=4FBDFB5BC89FFDBF6D88E4B91B8313A9A9C30E9B9B114CE8

although the jacket seems quite similar to the one in navarra, and the skirt is the same design as that light pink one she wore in baleares, i think this time the oufit is nicer and looks a little bit different. the skirt was in a lovely colour (with matching purse) not pink but not red... and she combined it with a green shirt and green shoes. i think it looks superb.

Carlota I am going to try to explain it of brief way although it is quite complicated. It does not have to do with to be "jancarlista" or "felipista", are generally groups of left, republicans and who request the independence of a Spanish region. Whenever there is visits of this type take advantage of to protest and if they can leave better in mass media.

Photos from Terra:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzh4.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 162
  • zzzzzzzzh5.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh5.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 217
  • zzzzzzzzh6.jpg
    zzzzzzzzh6.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 275
lula said:
Carlota I am going to try to explain it of brief way although it is quite complicated. It does not have to do with to be "jancarlista" or "felipista", are generally groups of left, republicans and who request the independence of a Spanish region. Whenever there is visits of this type take advantage of to protest and if they can leave better in mass media.

obviously there are people who like both of them, people who dont like either of them and people who like one of them, but in general terms juan carlos has a great support in spain because of all the things he did for democracy in spain, although that's quite undertsandable as felipe didn't start to reign yet and probably he does great things when he will be king, if he is king.

also many people see some qualities in juan carlos (appart from being really down to earth) that felipe doesnt show much. juan carlos was a king that had to suffer a lot and you can tell by his personality now. however, many people critisize felipe because of being a kid who had all and got support from his mummy, the queen, all the time, so he didnt have to face many problems in his life. also i read that juan carlos knew every kind of people before being king while felipe seems to just have friends with "pijos", spanish upper class people.

lula, just curiosity, are you spanish? :) you dont need to answer if you don t want to...

Last edited:
the jacket is a new one... not the same one as in navarra....

i really loved that skirt. looks nicer than the pink one in balears...

Felipe and Letizia have indeed a very interesting political and social challenge ahead of them, to fully convert Spaniards from "juancarlistas" into "parliamentary monarchists". And that's one of the things that make this royal couple so different (and more interesting, in my opinion...) from the other royal couples.
I guess that Felipe, by marrying a commoner, from a middle class background took an important step towards the modernization and conquer of Spain middle-class, i.e. the great part of the Spanish society.
It will be exciting to see how they will cope with such an enormous and challenging mission... Only time can tell the answers...

Last edited:
carlota said:
i really loved that skirt. looks nicer than the pink one in balears...
I agree with you. I have just hated the skirt she used in Balears, but this one looks very nice in her... perhaps the brighter colour also helps…

This outfit is really lovely, although I don't like pink very much. Even her green shoes look good with it.

Yes Carlota I am it. There are things that are difficult to explain for that it does not live in a country. As far as the friends of the Prince, as it is normal when he was young left with friends of his age of good families of Madrid, and those they are those that the press knows. But clear he will have friends who to the press do not interest to them. But he knows people of all type, has been criticized even to want to meet to him with people of all type of ideas. He has been called on to him to live a little while different from which was called on to him to live to his father, and only the time will say that it happens.
Recently the Princes met with a serious group of journalists, the political scope, and reason why I have read all share the idea that the Prince is a prepared affluent person, who knows since he occupies must gain it every day to it.
And everything was not "cortesanos" journalists as Peñafiel said, some whole the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom