Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 7: May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2283544.htm

The Princes of Asturias will make an official visit to the Balears, from May 9th to 13th. This is their first official visit together to an Independent Community, and it will count on an intensive program of five days, during which they will cross all the archipelago. According to the Balearic Govern, the program includes institutional meetings with military, judicial and religious authorities, civil representatives, as well as with agents from culture, sport or environment, among other areas.

The official visit will begin on Monday 9th, at 10:00 a.m., when Don Felipe and Doña Letizia shall arrive at the Consolat de la Mar, the headquarters of the Balearic Govern, where an official reception will be hosted. Afterwards, they will go to the City Hall of Palm. That same day, the heir to the throne will have an extraordinary meeting with the Counsel of the Independent Community, before attending, along with his wife, a lunch offered by the Balearic Executive in a Palmesean hotel, for what are invited institutional representatives and civil society. In the evening, they will visit the Hall of Mallorca and the HostelrySchool, where they will have dinner with some of the tourism businessmen of the Island.

On Tuesday 10th, after visiting the Balearic Parliament, they will travel to the Mallorcan locality of Inca, where they will meet businessmen and trade unions, and afterwards they will visit the Cooperative Esplet de Sa Pobla. That day, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will have lunch in the Formentor Hotel with enterprising young people, among them sportsmen, musicians, businessmen, artists and scientists. In the evening, they will go to the Economic and RightSchools of the BalearicUniversity, to meet the director, who will explain them the university’s situation and its projects. The dinner of Tuesday will take place at the Palace of the Almudaina of Palma, with representatives of the Balearic culture.

On Wednesday, they will have breakfast at the General Base Asensio de Palma and, after it, they will travel to Menorca, where, after an official reception at the Insular Hall, they will meet representatives of Menorcan enterprise. Besides they will have lunch with authorities, mayors and members of the industrial sector and, afterwards, they will accompany the cheese manufacture in the factory of Coinga, in Alaior. Then, they will go to Ciudadela, where they will cross the Plaza del Borne, and visit the Cathedral of Menorca. The day will end with an official reception with authorities and civil society.

Thursday 12th, the Princes will travel to Ibiza, where they will be received by the insular authorities, and then they will be go to the Hall of Pitiusas, where they will meet aerial and marine transport businessmen and have lunch with authorities, mayors and businessmen. In the evening, they will be travel by helicopter to the island of Formentera, where they will visit the City Hall and hear the explanations about the project of the new hospital. Finally, a reception offered to the civil society in a hotel of Ibiza will put a full stop in the stay of Princes in Ibiza and Formentera.

On Friday 13th, the last day of this official visit, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will visit the therapeutic community Ses Sitjoles, in Campos, as part of the Project Hombre, and later they will go to Valldemossa. In this Mallorcan locality, they will visit the headquarters of the Foundation for Sustainable Development, and meet the mass media directors of the Islands. After that, they will have lunch with representatives of environmental organizations.

The farewell reception at Lonja de Palma will conclude the official visit.

Uff! I’m tired just of translating the program… I guess Letizia is definitely not pregnant, after all… :eek:

Hey. Haven't been around much lately, but thought I'd pop in and post the imagine scandinavia photos from today. They are both looking so well, so happy.

I read they have an official trip outside Spain at end May/stary of June. Any one know where to?

Attachments

• 169891.jpg
    169891.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 169892.jpg
    169892.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 169893.jpg
    169893.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 605
  • 169894.jpg
    169894.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 391
  • 169896.jpg
    169896.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 569
  • 169898.jpg
    169898.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 671
  • 169899.jpg
    169899.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 578
Thanks for posting their schedule Elsa! It seems we will have a lot of pics to post next week.

Elsa M. said:
I guess Letizia is definitely not pregnant, after all… :eek:

Not to add wood in the fire, but Mary went to Japan in the early stages of her pregnancy, so, this doesn't mean anything, yet... let's just wait a while longer... (after all, we've been waiting for almost a year;) )

lucys said:
I read they have an official trip outside Spain at end May/stary of June. Any one know where to?

Hi lucys! You were missed!

Regarding their trip, I read somewhere that they might visit the Spanish pavillion at the AICHI Expo in Japan... Maybe it's this trip?

Anna_R said:
Hi lucys! You were missed!

Regarding their trip, I read somewhere that they might visit the Spanish pavillion at the AICHI Expo in Japan... Maybe it's this trip?
I don't think so, because Spain's day is in late July--Haakon, Victoria, WA and Maxima, and Fred and Mary all went to Japan on their respective country's National Day. I would imagine Felipe and Letizia would do the same.

Personally, I think that this time the pregnancy rumours are true. Pictures are of course tricky but recently their have been a number of photos where she looks pregant. Only time will tell.

Anna_R said:
Not to add wood in the fire, but Mary went to Japan in the early stages of her pregnancy, so, this doesn't mean anything, yet... let's just wait a while longer... (after all, we've been waiting for almost a year;) )

Well, i have to confess that i can not wait mucht longer for the anounce. I studie in Spain so ... i am start soffering from the spanisch stress. I post 2 pics in Letizia thread that i think, i say i think, see some baily. But my eyes are very bad.

I, too, would LOVE to hear an announcement of a new little one on the way in Spain, but I suppose time alone will tell if Letizia is pregnant. ;)

OK, I have been trying to resist comments about a pregnancy, too, but I think CP Letizia is looking a little pregnant in some angles of photos. And.....?wishful thinking.....I think CP Letizia has that newly pregnant "dazed" look at times and yet at others there is a certain sparkle between she and CP Felipe that is just a little different than before. I guess time will tell. I just hope that if they are wanting a child soon that, that blessing is given to them.

Is it true that the Royal House only announce pregnancies after the first trimester?

planetcher said:
Is it true that the Royal House only announce pregnancies after the first trimester?

Yes, it the common practice of most of the Royal Houses in Europe, unless there are other more pressing circumstance that forces them to issue the announce earlier.

They announce after the first tri as it's usually during the 1st tri that anything can happen - like miscarriage.

Doña Letizia receives a branch of tomilllo from the hands of a boy, during a visit to the Astronomic Centre of Yebes (April 26th).

Last edited:
The Prince greets a child in Cuenca (April 26th).

Last edited:
Great pics agm! They must be practicing for when they have kids of their own;)

lucys said:
Personally, I think that this time the pregnancy rumours are true. Pictures are of course tricky but recently their have been a number of photos where she looks pregant.
Yes, as I said before, I'm also convinced that she's pregnant indeed this time. I really think something's going on with her belly, and I'm even more convinced of that, when I see photos like these I'm posting bellow, where Felipe is looking at the belly of his lovely wife... :p
I just find it awkward that a woman in the early stages of her pregnancy will perform such a tiring week, as we will have from next Monday on...
But, you're right, only time can tell (keep your fingers crossed)...

A few more photos from yesterday's visit to ICEX. From SeegerPress:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzj60.jpg
    zzzzzzzj60.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 306
  • zzzzzzzj62.jpg
    zzzzzzzj62.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 312
  • zzzzzzzj65.jpg
    zzzzzzzj65.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 364
  • zzzzzzzj64.jpg
    zzzzzzzj64.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 287
  • zzzzzzzj68.jpg
    zzzzzzzj68.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 428
  • zzzzzzzj69.jpg
    zzzzzzzj69.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 505
Besides, there was one more thing that came to my attention. Letizia is wearing an outfit that she wore an year ago - before the wedding and right after the honeymoon - Since she's lost weight since that time, this can mean that she's already put on some weight due to the pregnancy and then she's turning to old outfits to disguise it better.

Did you understand or I confused you even more?

Last edited:
Alright, fingers crossed. But we probably shouldn't speculate too much on it, if Letizia was really pregnant, I'm sure they'll be telling us in their own time.

Last edited:
It is very probable that letizia is pregnant. here in Spain there are many rumors but this time . but certain the rumors? all the cumunicacion like the magazine hello and serious programs of televicion say it expecting the confirmation of the Royal house.

ppe-asturias.jpg

The Princes of Asturias: almost one year of marriage
The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Mrs. Letizia, they presided over in Madrid the commemorative act of the anniversary XXX of the program of scholarships of the Institute of External Trade (ICEX). The Princes will take place the day 22 of May their first wedding anniversary, among pregnancy rumors

This is from hola this is what I referred on the constant pregnancy rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
meac said:
It is very probable that letizia is pregnant. here in Spain there are many rumors but this time . but certain the rumors? all the cumunicacion like the magazine hello and serious programs of televicion say it expecting the confirmation of the Royal house.

hrm. new revelation there, i guess if the more serious news reporters have raised the issue, they must have gotten some hint from a reliable source that they believe that their Crown Princess is expecting a child. She does look a bit different in these set of photos, as compared to the ones we've previously seen. Not a glow (that could be due to the Spring weather and that the sun is finally out), but something new and a bit different that I know that I have personally not seen yet in Letizia.

oh well. we'll just have to wait and see.

meac said:
all the cumunicacion like the magazine hello and serious programs of televicion say it expecting the confirmation of the Royal house.
i think that is more of their wishful thinking especially now Mary is pregnant...but i would love to hear that Letizia is pregnant....actually not yet....because there will be even more comparison between them and their babies will be born at around the same time and then they will be subjected to more comparison as well...and that would suck

hillary_nugent said:
i think that is more of their wishful thinking especially now Mary is pregnant...but i would love to hear that Letizia is pregnant....actually not yet....because there will be even more comparison between them and their babies will be born at around the same time and then they will be subjected to more comparison as well...and that would suck

very true. but I definately think that if Letizia were really to be pregnant at this moment, it would be the perfect timing in the eyes of the Spanish people (as well as us!). However, the increased amount of subjectivity and comparison that would be recieved would most definately suck.

IF Letizia is pregnant, and the baby is a girl would she be heir to the throne or would that is the reserved for boys only like the Danish royal family? ^____^

hillary_nugent said:
IF Letizia is pregnant, and the baby is a girl would she be heir to the throne or would that is the reserved for boys only like the Danish royal family?
Right now, the throne would be inherited by a male heir. But there's a debate taking place in Spain, to change the constitution.

Elsa M. said:
But there's a debate taking place in Spain, to change the constitution.
that's fantastic....woman have the same rights almost everywhere in the modern world so i think that should apply to Royals too :)

Elsa M. said:
Right now, the throne would be inherited by a male heir. But there's a debate taking place in Spain, to change the constitution.

I think that, if Felipe has only daughters, the eldest will inherit the throne, but if there's a boy, he'll take precedence, like he did over Elena and Cristina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom