Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 6: April - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pics from last november 2004 with princess irene.

the pics were taken in november 2004 with princess irene.

Attachments

• 5889803.jpg
    5889803.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 637
  • 5889804.jpg
    5889804.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 5889802.jpg
    5889802.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 734
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050424/51182577642.html

The Princes of Asturias are living a second honeymoon. With the wedding of Charls and Camilla, the funeral of the Pope, the funeral of Rainier, the disease of Ernest of Hannover and of the proclamation of the new Pontiff, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have left the prime line of news, what gives them some rest; a fact that is delighting them, especially if we take into account that there’s just a month after their first wedding anniversary, when they will become again the protagonists.

The Princes of Asturias fear a storm occurs, knowing as they know how the absence of the awaited pregnancy will be much commented.

But, what balance can we do of their first year as husband and wife, without considering their condition of heirs to the Throne and, therefore, of the ones in charge of adding a new link to the monarchic chain? More than anybody, they well know that the essence of the institution stands on its hereditary character. The pressure on Doña Letizia has not stopped since last summer. Although Don Juan Carlos has eight descendants - three children and five grandsons, plus another one to born -, it seems as if the Borbón dynasty was on the edge of extinction, until the pregnancy of Doña Letizia is not announced.

In every month since the wedding, the rumours related to the pregnancy have affected the Princes. The strongest of all was the one rose last December, according to which Doña Letizia was receiving fertility treatments in a Valencian clinic. Then, the one that got upset with it was the very own King, but the traditional discretion of the family and mainly its custom of not denying rumours prevented an official answer. Later on, there was another rumour that deserved a denial, the one according to which Doña Letizia was suffering of anorexia, a disease that, among other effects, causes sterility. Just a couple of days ago the rumours returned to insist on the possibility of Doña Letizia being pregnant, after her visits to the Ruber clinic of Madrid, where Infanta Elena gave birth to her two children. It was a half truth, since the Princess went to the Ruber to accompany the Prince, who was treating a sinusitis.

Although Doña Letizia was upset when it was known the decision of the Princes of giving birth to their first child in a public hospital, that seems to continue being their wish; not because they are in a hurry to choose hospital, but because that decision supposes a declaration in favour of the public health system.

Although not wanting to spread rumours, since we already know how the Princes dislike speculations, it would perfect if Don Felipe and Doña Letizia made the awaited announcement to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. It is certain that Federick and Mary Donaldson, the heirs to the Throne of Denmark, who married one week before the princes of Asturias, have not announced a pregnancy either, so we are not the only ones.

rchainho said:
the pics were taken in november 2004 with princess irene.
Where does Princess Irene live? And where were these pics taken?

planetcher said:
Where does Princess Irene live? And where were these pics taken?

pretty sure it's been written in previous post that Princess Irene lives with TM in Zarzula Palace. Or at least she has her own suite of rooms there.

Elsa M. said:
It is certain that Federick and Mary Donaldson, the heirs to the Throne of Denmark, who married one week before the princes of Asturias, have not announced a pregnancy either, so we are not the only ones.

Mari is pregnant. And I'm sure Letizia will be also.

It would be quite interesting to see an announcement from the Spanish Royal Court announcing that Letizia is expecting a child. Soon after the announcement from the Danish Royal Court. (C:

Despite the fact that Mary is pregnant, I'm sure that Letizia will soon be too, and I be rooting for her by the sidelines.

hillary_nugent said:
haha what are you so certain? :p Golly you make it sounds like a competition :p

Wouldn't it be just wonderful if CP Letizia also annouce that she's expecting...but cute aside, i think it's going to be tough time for both CP Felipe and Letizia, what with CP Mary, MM all expecting, the pressure will be on her to provide a heir.

I think she's been doing a fantastic job and it would be sad to see the focus shifting to only the baby issue.

If they thought there was pressure before I'm sure it will be even greater and there will be even more rumors with Mary now pregnant since their weddings were so close together.

I think it doesn't take no more a long time till the Princes of Asturias will announce the pregnancy, I'm pretty sure that it will be still this year. I only hope that Letizia dosen't stress herself now because she will be a great mother and they have still a lot of time.

I'm sure with being an ex-journalist Letizia is well aware of how the media works and that she won't let the rumours bother her too much. I think her and Felipe appear very focused on what they want to do, e.g. meeting all these people and dignitaries in the early stages of their marriage to make themselves known and to do their job to the best of their ability and I think this is the priority for them at the moment. I'm sure when they have children, they will be their top priority and they will want to be completely focused on them...when she is ready to have children she will have them!

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Tuesday April 26th, the Princes of Asturias are going to inaugurate a new radio telescope, at the Astronomical Centre of Yebes (Guadalajara), and later they shall preside over the awards ceremony of the Prizes of the Enterprise Confedertion of Castila-La Mancha (Cuenca).

Elsa M. said:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20050424/51182577642.html

Although not wanting to spread rumours, since we already know how the Princes dislike speculations, it would perfect if Don Felipe and Doña Letizia made the awaited announcement to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. It is certain that Federick and Mary Donaldson, the heirs to the Throne of Denmark, who married one week before the princes of Asturias, have not announced a pregnancy either, so we are not the only ones.

I guess they can't claim this anymore...Who knows? Maybe it's the water in Europe and it could be headed Spain's way in the future...

Elsa M. said:
Tomorrow, Tuesday April 26th, the Princes of Asturias are going to inaugurate a new radio telescope, at the Astronomical Centre of Yebes (Guadalajara), and later they shall preside over the awards ceremony of the Prizes of the Enterprise Confedertion of Castila-La Mancha (Cuenca).
Lots of lovely pics for sure.

Elsa M. said:

Hopefully we will get to see another new outfit!

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20050426145333&tabID=1

The Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, inaugurated today the radio telescope of the Astronomical Observatory of Yebes (Guadalajara). The Princes arrived at 12:00 p.m. by helicopter in the locality of Horche, in Guadalajara, a few kilometers far from the Observatory, to where they traveled by car.
The visit lasted something more than a hour and, after the inauguration of the new telescope, the Princes proved a Spanish wine with the authorities, and posed to a photo with the workers of the Observatory.

Elsa M. said:
The Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, inaugurated today the radio telescope of the Astronomical Observatory of Yebes (Guadalajara). The Princes arrived at 12:00 p.m. by helicopter in the locality of Horche, in Guadalajara, a few kilometers far from the Observatory, to where they traveled by car.
The visit lasted something more than a hour and, after the inauguration of the new telescope, the Princes proved a Spanish wine with the authorities, and posed to a photo with the workers of the Observatory.
Photos from Terra:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzh1.jpg
    zzzzzzzh1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 345
  • zzzzzzzh2.jpg
    zzzzzzzh2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 319
  • zzzzzzzh4.jpg
    zzzzzzzh4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 458
  • zzzzzzzh5.jpg
    zzzzzzzh5.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 550
  • zzzzzzzh6.jpg
    zzzzzzzh6.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Attachments

• zzzzzzzh15.jpg
    zzzzzzzh15.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 344
  • zzzzzzzh16.jpg
    zzzzzzzh16.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 234
  • zzzzzzzh17.jpg
    zzzzzzzh17.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 224
  • zzzzzzzh18.jpg
    zzzzzzzh18.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 288
  • zzzzzzzh19.jpg
    zzzzzzzh19.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 264
  • zzzzzzzh20.jpg
    zzzzzzzh20.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics! I like what she is wearing today. It is just a plain gray suit but with the little bit of white and the lighter shade of gray along with the bright orange bag I think it is perfect for Spring.

casareal.es

Sus Altezas Reales los Príncipes de Asturias han inaugurado el radiotelescopio del Centro Astrono de Yebes, perteneciente al Instituto Geogrᦩco Nacional del Ministerio de Fomento. Este instrumento comenzconstruirse hace cuatro a pesa 300 toneladas, y permitirᠩnvestigar la composicie los cometas, la formacie estrellas, y el desplazamiento de las placas tectas, entre otras aplicaciones, y en combinacion otros telescopios, mediante la Interferometrde Muy Larga Base (VLBI), estudiar algunos de los cuerpos celestes m᳠distantes, como remotas galaxias que contienen agujeros negros.
(Yebes -Guadalajara-, 26 de abril de 2005)

Attachments

• teles01g.jpg
    teles01g.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 298
In did very elegant! Thanks for the photos.

they look oddly dressed to me, she is wearing metallic grey shoes :( , tacky
they both are wearing grey suites and
he has a red tie and she an orange handbag,
it is colour coordinated and then again it is not.........

marezdote said:
Thanks for the pics! I like what she is wearing today. It is just a plain gray suit but with the little bit of white and the lighter shade of gray along with the bright orange bag I think it is perfect for Spring.

1. Doña Letizia, accompanied by president by Castile-The Mancha Jose Maria Barreda (i), by minister of Defense Jose Bond (2d) and by the president of Ceoe Jose Maria Cuevas (d), to its arrival to River basin where they have presided over the this late act of delivery of II the edition of Enterprise Prizes CECAM, in the occasion of its 25 anniversary.

2. In the photo, third awarded, Aurelio González.

3. Princes de Asturias receive a series of titled engravings "the Quijote betrayed" of painter Pedro Castrortega during the act with which Ceoe CEPYME has commemorated his 25º Anniversary. In the image, next to the president of Castile-The Mancha, Jose Maria Barreda, the minister of Defense, Jose Bond, and the president of CECAM, Jesus Bárcenas.

4. President of Castile-The Mancha, Jose Maria Barreda, next to Princes de Asturias, and the rest of authorities puts with the awarded ones in II the edition of enterprise Prizes CECAM

5. President of Castile-The Mancha, Jose Maria Barreda, takes part in act with which Ceoe CEPYME has commemorated his 25º Anniversary and that Princes de Asturias have presided over.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzh30.JPG
    zzzzzzzh30.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 436
  • zzzzzzzh31.JPG
    zzzzzzzh31.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 264
  • zzzzzzzh32.JPG
    zzzzzzzh32.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 281
  • zzzzzzzh33.JPG
    zzzzzzzh33.JPG